Am I reading this chart correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirius

So how do you know things will get better or worse if you can't ask the same question?

Because the only reason you would want to ask again, is if you didn't like the first answer. It doesn't work that way.

Dirius

Venus, your problem is that you seem to have very little knowledge of astrology. If you are an amateur, you shouldn't be casting horary charts in the first place. You won't understand them, if you don't really understand the basics of traditional astrology.

tikana

Because the only reason you would want to ask again, is if you didn't like the first answer. It doesn't work that way.

the problem is i wouldnt touch any of her charts because they are all coming up with No. she will reask 10 more with the same result ... granted she might get a couple of yesses but then which one of them is valid.

T

ChildOfVenus

No what I'm saying is how do you know what the outcome would be? I mean things happen in life nothing stays the same. Just because a relationship or situation maybe bad now doesn't mean it will always be. So if a chart gives a no answer about a question you ask that means it will always be no. That there is no chance of anything different happening? This is probably why people ask multiple questions about the same things. Because we all know that nothing stays the same anything can happen. For example just because I may not be getting along with a person now doesn't mean it'll be like that forever do you get what I mean?

Last edited:

Dirius

No what I'm saying is how do you know what the outcome would be? I mean things happen in life nothing stays the same. Just because a relationship or situation maybe bad now doesn't mean it will always be. So if a chart gives a no answer about a question you ask that means it will always be no. That there is no chance of anything different happening?

Not really, a lot of things in life stay exactly the same.

ChildOfVenus

Yes SOME things do stay the same but not everything. So if I ask a Horary question about whether or not I'll get married and the chart says no. But then months later I meet a guy fall in love and get married. See what I mean?
Not really, a lot of things in life stay exactly the same.

Dirius

Yes SOME things do stay the same but not everything. So if I ask a Horary question about whether or not I'll get married and the chart says no. But then months later I meet a guy fall in love and get married. See what I mean?

And how do you know that you actually will?

ChildOfVenus

People make it seem like the answers you get from Horary Charts are the final say so. Like the answers dictate the decisions you make in life. That's the part I don't understand so if a chart gives a no answer the person just gives up on the situation at hand? That's why I ask if people actually let astrology dictate what they do in life?

Dirius

People make it seem like the answers you get from Horary Charts are the final say so. Like the answers dictate the decisions you make in life. That's the part I don't understand so if a chart gives a no answer the person just gives up on the situation at hand? That's why I ask if people actually let astrology dictate what they do in life?

Given that you choose to cast the chart in the first place, you can't really say the chart is the one dictating your life.

Anyway, we did talked this on a long post in which we traditionals explained our view on that subject. Pay particular attention to what Oddity has to say. You may find some answers in that topic.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94987

JUPITERASC

So it's better if an astrologer pulls up the chart instead of the person who's asking the questions?
It seems you are not reading Dirius responses on this thread

the question you just asked
has already been asked on this thread
and answered by Dirius as follows
:smile:

To be honest, it would be better, but people will not really do it unless they get paid. No one minds giving a free help to someone attempting to read a chart. But I hardly think most people will go the extra mile to give you a complete horary service for free. It happens from time to time, mostly with interesting questions, or to help out really newby posters.

The problem with newby chart making is that, usually, most people are constantly doing horary charts, and making multiple charts about the same question, and end up just posting one they like. In most cases, the chart is not really giving any answers, so the outcome of it is completly different from what people predict.

There are a few users in this section that have been posting charts, every week, about the same thing (love life), and probably casting more charts than what they post.

conspiracy theorist

So it's better if an astrologer pulls up the chart instead of the person who's asking the questions?

At least if the astrologer pulls up the chart, you would be avoiding the situation you currently find yourself where you have created countless charts for a single question, with each subsequent chart being less radical (read: relevant) than the next.

An astrologer would erect the chart for the question once, and if they are honest/competent enough, give you a sound verdict based on astrological principles regardless of what you personally want the chart to tell you.

As I understand it, no branch of astrologer is static save for elections (probably). The timing used will depend on the branch and as horary works within a small area of interest i.e one question about a specific thing, horary will rely upon the continuous movements of the planets in the chart to tell you the unfolding of events. Tikana gave some examples of this.

Dirius

Venus, the real problem is that you seem to have very little knowledge of astrology, and you are already jumping into casting horary charts, despite having no idea how they are supposed to be read.

You are driving yourself crazy, without understanding any of it.

ChildOfVenus

Right but other people said different things about the chart I posted some people said yes. You said that the chart will tell you the unfolding of events. So basically whatever the chart says is set in stone? Mars on the AC means that our friendship will break up and that we will no longer be involved with each other?
At least if the astrologer pulls up the chart, you would be avoiding the situation you currently find yourself where you have created countless charts for a single question, with each subsequent chart being less radical (read: relevant) than the next.

An astrologer would erect the chart for the question once, and if they are honest/competent enough, give you a sound verdict based on astrological principles regardless of what you personally want the chart to tell you.

As I understand it, no branch of astrologer is static save for elections (probably). The timing used will depend on the branch and as horary works within a small area of interest i.e one question about a specific thing, horary will rely upon the continuous movements of the planets in the chart to tell you the unfolding of events. Tikana gave some examples of this.

ChildOfVenus

Yes I am new to astrology but I do understand some of it.
Venus, the real problem is that you seem to have very little knowledge of astrology, and you are already jumping into casting horary charts, despite having no idea how they are supposed to be read.

You are driving yourself crazy, without understanding any of it.

conspiracy theorist

Right but other people said different things about the chart I posted some people said yes. You said that the chart will tell you the unfolding of events. So basically whatever the chart says is set in stone? Mars on the AC means that our friendship will break up and that we will no longer be involved with each other?

Astrology has a high interpretive component (if you hadn't already noticed that) so people will differ in the way that they look at your chart. How people view the chart will depend on their level of knowledge, level of experience and the way they view the various planets and points in the chart themselves.

A way you can use to decide who is saying the right things, is to listen to the people who have a proven track record of getting predictions correct, and there just so happened to be a number of them on your last thread. Obviously they aren't infallible :)smile:) but there is a higher chance that they will hit the mark more than your own interpretation, which is mired in wishful thinking and ignorance.

As to horary charts being set in stone, inherent in you asking the question to an astrologer/astrology is the assumption that "the stars can provide me with the answer to my query". What is happening with horary is it telling you what is currently happening within the context that you asked about - putting everything on the table - as opposed to deciding the outcomes for you. Theoretically you can change what the horary tells you, but that would take sustained discipline and self-awareness which most people don't care to do.

ChildOfVenus

I see that I had asked a question where I used my date of birth I can't remember if I created that chart before or after the one I made with the Capricorn Rising. I guess I've messed up then but I guess the chart with the Capricorn Rising would still be right since I did use the correct birth time and location.

Status
Not open for further replies.