Would a financial services sales position be a good fit?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

I'm currently revising my career trajectory as I'm in the midst of my first Saturn Return. I have several areas of interest, but I particularly like the financial services industry.

I studied law and have two legal qualifications, but practicing law was never appealing to me. I thus later on moved to a client-facing position corporate banking where I had the time of my life, but unfortunately, the salary was too low for the amount of work, so I ended up moving on.

I currently work in a back-office finance department of an accounting firm, despite the fact my former colleagues thought I'd be moving into a compliance/legal position.

In all fairness, back-office positions are not for me. I'm dealing with the same stakeholders all day and this is slightly boring to me. I really miss the client-facing aspect of my former job and this is the reason why a job in compliance wouldn't really suit me. I need to be able to talk, interact with various people, even though I'm not the most social person.

Before I left my former job, a higher-up male told me I wasn't commercially driven, which I highly disagree with. It was just that the job I was in had no commercial component, so I obviously couldn't tap into that aspect. Plus, you need to grow/get trained to develop that commercial fiber. My current position though back-office, is pushing me to look at numbers/profits/losses/balance sheets etc.. and thus allowing me to develop a commercial awareness. I however know this is not a position I want to stay in for years due to the non-client facing aspect of it.

Based in my chart, does it look like I could be good at a sales position, with a focus on the financial services industry? Not necessarily now, but more so maybe in a few months or a year down the line?

Thanks.

astro-2gw-a-61947-132030.png