Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

skati

Mine's simple, I think. I just combined the names of Skoll and Hati, the Norse wolves who chase the sun and the moon (respectively).

blueheron

The great Blue Heron means "Trust your Path" in Native American lore.

Trust.jpg

Once while fighting the logging of old growth redwoods, what looked like inevitable defeat was staring me in the face. I took a walk along the Pacific Ocean, and there was a Great Blue Heron standing on the pathway. It didn't move... we looked at each other for a long time... then it flew off.

In a few days, we won hands down (last minute miracle.)

TRUST YOUR PATH. ;)

emotionality

I chose mine from my myspace name.Not much thought because I signed up on a whim.I decided to change it though because I wasn't fond of the capitalization I had used as well as the ms. in front of it.Which was put there so it wouldn't be so google-able ( estranged ex ).This ones simpler,perhaps a little more revealing and a little less flashy and even less google-able :D.I have witnessed the bravery some new people have in posting and its given me a little courage.So yes I'm ex ms.illusionista ( i don't however know how delete the other one ) , just so there isnt any like confusion or anything ^^

Nevjerna

Nevjerna, I think none of you can't pronounce it, but it means 'unfaithful'.
It's from my favourite song and I've been using it on every forum for 2 years.

Nexus7

I just really liked both the book and the film, BladeRunner, or do androids dream? The nexus7 is an improved version of the nexus6. Maybe they live longer than the nexus6 too....

Epsilon

I came up with my screenname randomly. I had been thinking of what my username should be and I stumbled upon a website about the Greek alphabet. I thought Epsilon sounded cool, and thus, Epsilon was born.

tikana

Epsilon said:
I came up with my screenname randomly. I had been thinking of what my username should be and I stumbled upon a website about the Greek alphabet. I thought Epsilon sounded cool, and thus, Epsilon was born.

therefore you should buy yourself an Epsilon printer

j/k!

T

rubyelixir

I am often asked about my screen name, this is an interesting thread to answer.

RubyElixir means a few things to me:
First I came up with it in the 90's when I was designing Goth Jewelry. It sort of sounded like a Goth Stripper name so I liked that.
Then, I thought about red liquid or tonic, inticing , mysterious, luscious.
Lastly, it also can be a metaphor for life blood...which goes back to the vampire goth thing....I like the definition below especially: "4.the quintessence; underlying principle"

definition of elixir on msn encarta:
e·lix·ir [ i líksər ] (plural e·lix·irs)
noun
Definition:

1. cure-all: a panacea or a quick or magical cure
2. sweetened drug: a sweetened solution of a drug in alcohol and water
3. miraculous substance: a substance once believed to prolong life indefinitely, or to transform base metals into gold
4.the quintessence; underlying principle

[14th century. Via medieval Latin< Arabic al-iksir< Greek xērion "dry powder for treating wounds" < xēros "dry"]

but ultimately I like the words together and it feels good to me

Night Sky

rubyelixir said:
I am often asked about my screen name, this is an interesting thread to answer.

RubyElixir means a few things to me:
First I came up with it in the 90's when I was designing Goth Jewelry. It sort of sounded like a Goth Stripper name so I liked that.
Then, I thought about red liquid or tonic, inticing , mysterious, luscious.
Lastly, it also can be a metaphor for life blood...which goes back to the vampire goth thing....I like the definition below especially: "4.the quintessence; underlying principle"

definition of elixir on msn encarta:
e·lix·ir [ i líksər ] (plural e·lix·irs)
noun
Definition:

1. cure-all: a panacea or a quick or magical cure
2. sweetened drug: a sweetened solution of a drug in alcohol and water
3. miraculous substance: a substance once believed to prolong life indefinitely, or to transform base metals into gold
4.the quintessence; underlying principle

[14th century. Via medieval Latin< Arabic al-iksir< Greek xērion "dry powder for treating wounds" < xēros "dry"]

but ultimately I like the words together and it feels good to me

Name is ok,

But what's with the red bunny with the tommy gun?

rubyelixir

Night Sky said:
Name is ok,

But what's with the red bunny with the tommy gun?

lol that's a plastic wind-up boxing kangaroo toy that I painted.

Its meaning is sort of cryptic, but the kangaroo is composed of a clear plastic that looks like red liquid, rubyelixir. Being a toy, humor too.

the boxing gloves? well they pack a punch ;o)
kinda like me ;o)

Night Sky

rubyelixir said:
lol that's a plastic wind-up boxing kangaroo toy that I painted.

Its meaning is sort of cryptic, but the kangaroo is composed of a clear plastic that looks like red liquid, rubyelixir. Being a toy, humor too.

the boxing gloves? well they pack a punch ;o)
kinda like me ;o)

An agressive, plastic, boxing, toy.... Kangaroo.

I like it.:D

Can you guess how I came up with my screen name?

rubyelixir

Night Sky said:
An agressive, plastic, boxing, toy.... Kangaroo.

I like it.:D

Can you guess how I came up with my screen name?

Thanks NS, Glad you "got" it. ;o)

My Scorpio moon likes your name and avatar too ;o) I can think of a thousand reasons for such a poetic name

Night Sky

rubyelixir said:
Thanks NS, Glad you "got" it. ;o)

My Scorpio moon likes your name and avatar too ;o) I can think of a thousand reasons for such a poetic name

Ok well I'll keep it a mystery then.

But I have to say, I like your reptile and your shell. They are aesthetically pleasing and unpretentious. Plastic too?

rubyelixir

Night Sky said:
Ok well I'll keep it a mystery then.

But I have to say, I like your reptile and your shell. They are aesthetically pleasing and unpretentious. Plastic too?

why thank you very much! the shell is real, the alligator is from my imagination, but these 2 paintings were in a show and the theme was "Florida" my home state.

I did a series on toys too you can view them here:

http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery/artist_profile/Robyn+Reichek-martins/83340.html

or

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=30604248&albumId=1331507

Night Sky

rubyelixir said:
why thank you very much! the shell is real, the alligator is from my imagination, but these 2 paintings were in a show and the theme was "Florida" my home state.

I did a series on toys too you can view them here:

http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery/artist_profile/Robyn+Reichek-martins/83340.html

or

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=30604248&albumId=1331507

The Aligator is amazing. Robot's pretty cool. And the shell is really beautiful.

I love where you go in your biography from 45 to 46. Sound like you have single-mindedness of purpose now. you know where you are and what you're not. Must have been a revelation.

rubyelixir

Night Sky said:
The Aligator is amazing. Robot's pretty cool. And the shell is really beautiful.

I love where you go in your biography from 45 to 46. Sound like you have single-mindedness of purpose now. you know where you are and what you're not. Must have been a revelation.

3 words:
PLUTO IN CAPRICORN