Will I live up to or past my 80's?

fastlane69

Fastlane69, you may find this book useful, natal study for astrological timing for health and critical illness. I just received a copy today.

Astrological Timing of Critical Illness: Early Warning Patterns in the Horoscope
, by Noel Tyl

This book really fascinated me written in English but the book began it first chapter with the following ancient Chinese Physio-philosophy .

If natal astrology is your thing, and you wanted answers for your longevity and health, it should be helpful to explore medial astrology. He presented 70 accurate cases with diagnosis. In his career, he had made 2000 volumes of astrological research. In this book, he worked with Mitchell E. Gibson MD, who is a professional Forensic Examiner for Psychiatry and Neurology and Forensic Medicines of America. Tyl demonstrated how it can be done. There is no blah blah on theories but actual practices with real life cases.

Thank you poyi, I will check it out. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of books by Noel in my storage. Time to pull them out and dust them off....

fastlane69

The Walis Magic 8 Ball is an astro-divination method going back to Islamic transitional era times-I learned about it when I learned the approach to horary I follow (oldtime Ottoman astrology, which I call the "Ankara horary method") The Magic 8 Ball divination is NOT horary, but it can be applied to yes/no types of questions (there is a thread about this astro-divination method in the Horary Techniques Forum)

What would the (non-horary) Magic 8 Ball answer to the OP's original question?
-length of querent's life = 1st house
-1st house rising sign in the reference chart = Leo
-Leo = the Sun
-the Sun = a YES answer (according to 8 Ball rules)

...so, the Walis Magic 8 Ball divination says yes the querent will live up to or past his 80's...

Thanks dr. farr, I need all the confirmation I can get! :joyful:

JUPITERASC

Fastlane69, you may find this book useful, natal study for astrological timing for health and critical illness. I just received a copy today.

Astrological Timing of Critical Illness: Early Warning Patterns in the Horoscope
, by Noel Tyl

This book really fascinated me written in English but the book began it first chapter with the following ancient Chinese Physio-philosophy .

If natal astrology is your thing, and you wanted answers for your longevity and health, it should be helpful to explore medial astrology. He presented 70 accurate cases with diagnosis. In his career, he had made 2000 volumes of astrological research. In this book, he worked with Mitchell E. Gibson MD, who is a professional Forensic Examiner for Psychiatry and Neurology and Forensic Medicines of America. Tyl demonstrated how it can be done. There is no blah blah on theories but actual practices with real life cases.
70 accurate cases is a great improvement on the one or two examples one is in general presented with as 'cast iron irrefutable evidence'

NEVERTHELESS

AT LEAST 250 cases are required before any preliminary conclusions may be drawn
because obviously 70 or even 250 cases are minimal when one considers the number of people who have died since time immemorial
:smile:

I recommend a study of Vettius Valens practicing astrologer who two thousand years ago faithfully chronicled without alteration, the works of his predecessors from three hundred years and more before his own time.

Longevity techniques were commonly utilised as a matter of course in Vettius Valens time

Fortunately, Professor Riley has provided a FREE TRANSLATION FROM THE ORIGINAL ANCIENT GREEK TEXT

Vettius Valens THE ANTHOLOGY viewable/printable/downloadable from
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Robert Schmidt of Project Hindsight offers a translation of Vettius Valens THE ANTHOLOGY with added commentary http://www.projecthindsight.com/geninfo/about.html as well as
http://www.projecthindsight.com/

poyi

Premium Member
Tyl only put 70 cases in his book. But he had researched 2000 volumes of natal astrology. You could research about his work he used both traditional and modern. His book Solar Arc is a very good book. Traditional methods as well.

When I got home I will list a few more traditional medical astrology books also.

Last edited:

Marinka

70 accurate cases is a great improvement on the one or two examples one is in general presented with as 'cast iron irrefutable evidence'

NEVERTHELESS

AT LEAST 250 cases are required before any preliminary conclusions may be drawn
because obviously 70 or even 250 cases are minimal when one considers the number of people who have died since time immemorial
:smile:

I recommend a study of Vettius Valens practicing astrologer who two thousand years ago faithfully chronicled without alteration, the works of his predecessors from three hundred years and more before his own time.

Longevity techniques were commonly utilised as a matter of course in Vettius Valens time

Fortunately, Professor Riley has provided a FREE TRANSLATION FROM THE ORIGINAL ANCIENT GREEK TEXT

Vettius Valens THE ANTHOLOGY viewable/printable/downloadable from
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Robert Schmidt of Project Hindsight offers a translation of Vettius Valens THE ANTHOLOGY with added commentary http://www.projecthindsight.com/geninfo/about.html as well as
http://www.projecthindsight.com/

Actually, I have the book "Astrological Timing of Critical Illness" and I'm disappointed. There is little follow-up on many of the cases to see what happened.

IMHO, he should have stuck with one illness and analyzed it from all angles and followed it from initial discovery until completion of the illness.

poyi

Premium Member
Yes Marinka I also wish he could do really in depth analysis with fewer cases. Still a good reference book for library. If you have more medical astrology book to recommend, would you mind mentioning a few? Cause I am very interested. You could PM or write as visitor messages. Thank you very much.

Marinka

Yes Marinka I also wish he could do really in depth analysis with fewer cases. Still a good reference book for library. If you have more medical astrology book to recommend, would you mind mentioning a few? Cause I am very interested. You could PM or write as visitor messages. Thank you very much.

I agree, a well-stocked library should have it.

As to case studies with medical conditions - there are not any that I am aware of that a medical professional like you (and I) would appreciate. Forgive me if I speak out of turn, but I think, you like me, want all the details so that we can make our own judgements.

All the books that I know of infer that a particular angle or placement will cause something but, they do not provide case studies to back it up.

In fact, I've become very disenchanted with the books in my library - they are big on saying what a particular placement or angle means but, they provide nothing to back it up ....

waybread

Exactly, Marinka-- which is why we should proceed with caution and extremely humility in predictive matters, especially where the experts disagree.

Just one more point about the "wrong question" (if I can make it without drawing ire upon my head in the form of questioning my credentials, home library, paternity, &c.) One reason not to read a chart with the "wrong" question is that the quesited's significators might well be different. It is one thing to believe "the chart will out," but something else to see whether it actually would give a reliable answer where different chart-bytes would be involved. A family's financial or emotional well-being, for example, would show up differently than a simple longevity question.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I agree, a well-stocked library should have it.

As to case studies with medical conditions - there are not any that I am aware of that a medical professional like you (and I) would appreciate. Forgive me if I speak out of turn, but I think, you like me, want all the details so that we can make our own judgements.

All the books that I know of infer that a particular angle or placement will cause something but, they do not provide case studies to back it up.

In fact, I've become very disenchanted with the books in my library - they are big on saying what a particular placement or angle means but, they provide nothing to back it up ....

Yes I have mind of a Virgo, Capricorn and Scorpio etc you may remember my natal.

I also just got this book

Planets in Therapy: Predictive Technique and the Art of Counseling by Greg Bogart

http://www.amazon.com/Planets-Therapy-Predictive-Technique-Counseling/dp/0892541741

I haven't spend time reading this book yet but saw a lot of good reviews and had a quick browse actually more details than Tyl's book.

Marinka

Yes I have mind of a Virgo, Capricorn and Scorpio etc you may remember my natal.

I also just got this book

Planets in Therapy: Predictive Technique and the Art of Counseling by Greg Bogart

http://www.amazon.com/Planets-Therapy-Predictive-Technique-Counseling/dp/0892541741

I haven't spend time reading this book yet but saw a lot of good reviews and had a quick browse actually more details than Tyl's book.

Interested in hearing what you think after you read it -- please let us know ..

poyi

Premium Member
Interested in hearing what you think after you read it -- please let us know ..

Sure. I am having 2 days off. See if I got my mind focus enough to actually study the book, 380 pages. :surprised: Should be able to fit some time in while I am playing FarmVile 2 on facebook waiting for the crops to grow (yep...)

poyi

Premium Member
I started reading this book and already very inspired by the purpose of this book.

Andres Takra, from Venezuela said

"Astrology is a sacred and solemn science. It can enlighten you, or it can make you crazy. It can paralyze your free will, or it can make you a bold, successful, evolved human being. It's up to you."

"Why do you want to become an astrologer? I said, "To help people"

"...what really help people?

If our goal is to be the kind of astrologers who inspire and uplift people, if astrology is to be most helpful, healing and therapeutic, then we need to clarify our attitude toward astrological prediction. Tracking transits, and progressions, we can use astrology to discern the shape of emerging time. But the Real Power of astrology goes beyond predicting what will happen. By anticipating developmental tasks and responding appropriately, we mold the future. Adding consciousness to the equation changes everything."

This is shocking similar to the practice of Chinese astrologers. It is not only about accurate predictions but more about how to predict the future energy and manipulate it for greater achievement.

I think I found my book..., and I found my direction in astrology. As I had mentioned about my Visions of one day becoming a professional astrologer as dream in my other thread. From Student of Astrology to Professional Astrologer....Astrology is about Empowerment, to truly be free from the restrictions of physical life.

I think the essence of learning astrology is to find The Path of Liberation. I hope Fastlane69 may find this book interesting and to break out of his current or future limitations.

Edited: Fastlane69, you would appreciate the information from this thread that will give you very good examples and methods on estimating life expectancy. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46808

Last edited: