When do you use which?

Jilly

Banned
I recently had a look at the relocation chart for me if I was in a country on the other side of the world, and boy do I wish I lived there. All my natural shyness and sexual hesitancy is blown out of the water, I would have a marvelous time there. I was very very surprised when I read it, but the one down side was I had saturn in the 8th there. 9 hours difference.

pallas

cjc said:
AQ, it has been a rather wide relocation... From Australia (Brisbane) to Pittsburgh to New Jersey!

I've been involved with astro for more than 30 years and have thought of relocation as "just another one of those techniques." Granted, I've looked at it and at times did see things that seemed to fit, the most striking of which I mentioned earlier.

I relied on my natal during the course of my marriage and divorce and found it very accurate... Puto entering and going through 7. Progressed UR conj Pr Asc, etc. (In those days, I didn't have WinStar, and I was doing a lot of this by hand... another reason why one chart was enough!) And, maybe it's only coincidental that the cusp of my natal 5th house is only 3 degrees from my first daughter's Sun (Vi, a fem sign).

I'm going to go back and check events versus transits to the relocated angles and report back on it.

Thanx guys!

c

I think the solar return trumps the transits to relcation charts from
my experience...and then there is the transits to the draconic chart
that has been the go to for me.

BobZemco

cjc said:
:38:Really??? :34:

Thanks, dear... that's what I've been doing. But with my software, I have to cast a chart for the day/time given and then tweak for the exact time

I was just hoping that someone would know of a sie that gave a list of eclipses and lunar positions, such as "Aug 01 2008 @ 9Le32." It would be so much easier to just go down a list of positions than drawing up charts for every one of them.

Sleep well

c

Solarfire does.

Then you just click on a date and it produces a chart.

In my experienec, transits and solar/lunar returns you use with the relocated chart. The progressed chart is always based on the natal. As far as directed, I don't know, but logic suggest using the directed chart with the relocated (or even both).

cjc

Bob,

Do you mean that Starfire will chart an eclipse just by putting in the date?

With WinStar, you cast a general chart for the date and then tweak it by creating a chart for the lunation, based on angle--0 for new Moon, 180 for a full Moon.

I've just gotten too lazy, I guess.

c

BTW, I did find such a list at Lehman's site... I'll see if I can find the link again.

Found it: http://leelehman.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=26

Last edited:

BobZemco

This is an eclipse chart I produced. I chose Total Eclispes (in lieu of partial or other types of eclipses), typed in a date range, it gave me a list of dates and whether they were solar or lunar eclipes, I clicked on the date, and voila!

I can now edit the chart to change the title or change the location.

SFPage-1.jpg

cjc

That's very impressive!

I notice, too that it's apparently the true eclipse time rather than the New Moon as the Sun and Moon are separated by 5 minutes of arc and 8 minutes on the clock.

Very nice.

c