How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

dioskouris

Account Closed
It's difficult for me to agree or disagree with your statement because my ASC and Venus are in the same sign. I would say that I do approach relationships in general (friendship or romantic) in a very Capricorn kind of way. Slow and steady. However, I do think that my Moon sign (Gemini) shows the most after my "mask" has been removed. No one has ever pegged me for a Pisces Sun. I will flirt very playfully (Gemini), give you the doe eyes when we are alone (Pisces) but I will never let you know whether I am just being friendly/flirtatious or am truly interested in you romantically (Capricorn).. I think it's a combination of all three, frankly.

Just curious, what house is your Moon in?

dioskouris

Account Closed
Another story example.

I know a young woman who is a Scorpio, Scorpio Venus, and Sagittarius ASC. She had a crush on me, I could easily tell. However when the passion subsided (I assume) she admitted she used to stalk my Facebook profile. In addition, I wasn't the only one she was interested in the time, she told me about a guy she met at a sporting event that she was sitting beside. She was attracted to him but didn't give him any indication, didn't even speak to him, instead kept her back to him as much as possible. Later she went home and found his Facebook, stalked him for a couple days, then finally messaged him. All this covert action seems rather Scorpio-like at its most basic.

Anyway, when I spoke to her, she was very Sagittarian in her flirting. I was very surprised she was a Scorpio when I learnt her birthday upon first meeting: goofy and awkward but with its charm, and she'd always invite me to some sporting event or to play tennis (I don't care for sports). Also she's told me her "ideal" guy must be "somewhat athletic, someone I can go on activities with". BTW her Mars is in Capricorn. Just to make sure, in the past several months I've known and observe her, I've seen her behave the same way towards other guys that she fancies (she doesn't settle on "liking" one person for too long... must be the Sag thing). I do observe her Scorpio Venus (and also Sun) in the fact that she IS very shy and will NOT be the one to initiate contact, preferring to notice you now, and stalk you later. The only reason we met was because I started talking to her (lol I'm a Gemini) and focused on our conversation (my Scorpio rising), then her Sag ASC started giving her away.

I'm experiencing the same exact thing with another girl who has Sag rising and is a Taurus with Venus in Taurus. Lately she's been asking me out to "adventures" and to "sit under the stars and gaze at the sky".

anjelik

You said your Gemini shows sometimes so I was wondering how that would relate with its house placement.

I'm not sure.

I think my Gemini shows most once I feel comfortable. Otherwise you get the Capricorn. The only people that see Pisces are the people I am reaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy comfortable with and trust enough to see me raw and vulnerable. Very few people have seen this side of me.

dioskouris

Account Closed
I think my Gemini shows most once I feel comfortable. Otherwise you get the Capricorn. The only people that see Pisces are the people I am reaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy comfortable with and trust enough to see me raw and vulnerable. Very few people have seen this side of me.

Yea I notice the Sun and especially Moon are often readily noticeable, not until you become entwined with another in some way. The ASC never seems deceptive. You can like someone but not necessarily be comfortable with them, yet... perhaps the ASC helps with showing that (or not showing that) in its own way.

minotaur

I've only had rising leos ask me out :c
no hidden signs from them, they just straight up ask you or give you a kiss on the lips.

As a cancer rising myself, I am a bit shy around my love interests and i do tend to cling on to the corner of their sleeves. :x

dioskouris

Account Closed
I've only had rising leos ask me out :c
no hidden signs from them, they just straight up ask you or give you a kiss on the lips.

As a cancer rising myself, I am a bit shy around my love interests and i do tend to cling on to the corner of their sleeves. :x

Yes Leo rising can be very affectionate... maybe TOO affectionate. They might be the king/queen of PDA. My father is a Leo rising and he still displays PDA with my mum after 38 years, often to her chagrin (she's a Capricorn Sun). And the kiss on the lips thing, yea I notice that too.

I've dated Cancer rising. They were Aries Sun but they did display their affection as "clinginess", as you say. It's rather nice though.

minotaur

Yes Leo rising can be very affectionate... maybe TOO affectionate. They might be the king/queen of PDA. My father is a Leo rising and he still displays PDA with my mum after 38 years, often to her chagrin (she's a Capricorn Sun). And the kiss on the lips thing, yea I notice that too.

I've dated Cancer rising. They were Aries Sun but they did display their affection as "clinginess", as you say. It's rather nice though.

Yes...my ex and my current boyfriend are both Leo rising and they were both very aggressive in regards of wanting partnership. It seems that its infamous for rising Leos to spontaneously kiss you right on the lips before telling you that they are very interested in you.

I never really thought about rising signs, I was more keen on moon signs since I tend to be on the emotional side of myself haha.
Well as a Cancer rising I'm not sure if I'm clingy...maybe just a little? I do tend to nurture my significant other thats for sure. I enjoy cleaning his room, making his bed, doing his laundry, and cooking him food haha! So I guess this is my trait as a Cancer rising. :3

poyi

Premium Member
The only rising sign that I got involved in serious relationship with is Aries rising. I have Aries in the 8th house, they both find me very sexy to them, plus my Venus is Libra in their descendant/7th house.:tongue:

dioskouris

Account Closed
I've observed that the sign ruling the ASC also shows influence in this respect. Where as the ruler of the 7th house shows the sort of partner - mannerisms, personality, physicality, etc. - of the natal's prospect/lover (the 7th house partner), the natal's behaviour on that axis flows from 1st to 7th.

I've noticed this myself, but it makes no sense to only use my own anecdotal evidence. I implore anyone else to look at the sign ruling their ASC of themselves and/or a significant other and see you discover any consistency.

So far I noticed there is a stronger indication of consistency when using the traditional rulerships. For instance, my ASC is Scorpio; even though I express much of my intense Scorpio archetype when pursuing/flirting, there is a definite Cancer vibe (my Mars is in Cancer): I can be hypersensitive, protective, and even a bit clingy, and exceptionally nurturing. I've always wondered where this came from, since I am a Gemini, and this behaviour is diametrically opposed to the Gemini archetype. BTW my Pluto is in Scoprio.

I would give more example, but I believe I have spoken enough about my love life :lol:

poyi

Premium Member
I've observed that the sign ruling the ASC also shows influence in this respect. Where as the ruler of the 7th house shows the sort of partner - mannerisms, personality, physicality, etc. - of the natal's prospect/lover (the 7th house partner), the natal's behaviour on that axis flows from 1st to 7th.

I've noticed this myself, but it makes no sense to only use my own anecdotal evidence. I implore anyone else to look at the sign ruling their ASC of themselves and/or a significant other and see you discover any consistency.

So far I noticed there is a stronger indication of consistency when using the traditional rulerships. For instance, my ASC is Scorpio; even though I express much of my intense Scorpio archetype when pursuing/flirting, there is a definite Cancer vibe (my Mars is in Cancer): I can be hypersensitive, protective, and even a bit clingy, and exceptionally nurturing. I've always wondered where this came from, since I am a Gemini, and this behaviour is diametrically opposed to the Gemini archetype. BTW my Pluto is in Scoprio.

I would give more example, but I believe I have spoken enough about my love life :lol:

Hmmm, let me try this.

I have Virgo ascendant, Mercury rules.

My Mars in Virgo, sextile Mercury in Scorpio in mutual reception by mutual rulership, Mars trine Moon in Capricorn, exaltation to Mars, also in reception; Mercury in Scorpio sextile Moon in Capricorn also in reception by by fall. So the combination of man that I love should have Mars, Mercury and Moon, Scorpio, Mars, Capricorn trends.

My ex was Cancer Sun, Mars in Gemini, Mercury in Leo, Moon in Capricorn. Mars is the first planet to raise, Moon is the most elevated planet.

My current boyfriend, Sun in Aries, Mars in Pisces, Mercury in Pisces, Moon in Cancer. Mars and Mercury on ascendant.

It looks like my current one not have as strong connection to my Mars, Mercury and Moon. My 7th house ruler though is Neptune in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter in Sagittarius, Neptune square Venus in Libra and Mars in Virgo. Pisces/Neptune energy seem to be more significant this time.

dioskouris

Account Closed
Hmmm, let me try this.

I have Virgo ascendant, Mercury rules.

My Mars in Virgo, sextile Mercury in Scorpio in mutual reception by mutual rulership, Mars trine Moon in Capricorn, exaltation to Mars, also in reception; Mercury in Scorpio sextile Moon in Capricorn also in reception by by fall. So the combination of man that I love should have Mars, Mercury and Moon, Scorpio, Mars, Capricorn trends.

My ex was Cancer Sun, Mars in Gemini, Mercury in Leo, Moon in Capricorn. Mars is the first planet to raise, Moon is the most elevated planet.

My current boyfriend, Sun in Aries, Mars in Pisces, Mercury in Pisces, Moon in Cancer. Mars and Mercury on ascendant.

It looks like my current one not have as strong connection to my Mars, Mercury and Moon. My 7th house ruler though is Neptune in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter in Sagittarius, Neptune square Venus in Libra and Mars in Virgo. Pisces/Neptune energy seem to be more significant this time.

Interesting. But this thread is about finding any clues as based on a person's natal chart of their romantic interest in another person. Not primarily the sort of partner for them. That's a 7th house matter, the opposite of that axis, the first house, I believe indicates how that person would interact with that potential partner.

astro11

I have Venus in Gemini and Mars in Cancer. The ruler of my Leo Asc is the Sun in Gemini. When I like someone romantically I like to talk to them and find out as much as I can about them. Of course I'll research the charts for the deeper stuff but I want to know what their perspectives are on things in their own words (Venus, Sun). I also show affection by giving them sweets and food that I think they would enjoy (Mars).

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I thought I'd contribute as an Aquarius rising. We are very hard to pin down and you are right, we do like everyone! collectively and also we can see the beauty in all people and how each person contributes as a piece of the puzzle. But if we really truly like you on a deeper level, we share our dreams and aspirations with you in confidence and we want to do or create something with you.

I mean, this is just me speaking from experience. If someone is not inspirational and unique, they are not for me (in a close relationship). My boyfriend is a Gem rising and yes, he and I talk and plan and make sh*t happen :). When we are together, no one would ever guess our sun signs (Virgo and Taurus).

But I do pick cat hair off his shirt :wink:

dioskouris

Account Closed
Have you looked at aspects to the ascendant? There are some aspects that could really impact your flirting style. A female with Venus conjuncting her Aquarian ascendant could be a lot more girly in her approach than you'd ever guess she could be. Or trade that out with Pluto.

Yea I would figure that aspects to the ascendant would have some impact, just right now I mainly see, or at least understand, the correlation to rulerships. But then again, house rulerships may be more predictive while the aspects with give a certain character influence, like you said. Thanks for sharing. Definitely something to think about and observe.

I have Venus in Gemini and Mars in Cancer. The ruler of my Leo Asc is the Sun in Gemini. When I like someone romantically I like to talk to them and find out as much as I can about them. Of course I'll research the charts for the deeper stuff but I want to know what their perspectives are on things in their own words (Venus, Sun). I also show affection by giving them sweets and food that I think they would enjoy (Mars).

I think in addition to the Mars in Cancer the Leo ASC would make you extremely affectionate (I have Mars in Cancer too, even though I have Scorpio rising I'm super affectionate, but a bit intense with it at times...). Gemini ruling definitely makes you inquisitive. I'm a Gemini too, and with Sun in 7th house as a rule I would be similar, but I think my Scorpio ASC hides my inquisitive nature... instead of asking, I silently "read" those I feel strongly about instead, and I've been told that it can be intimidating... yikes.

Hi guys,

I thought I'd contribute as an Aquarius rising. We are very hard to pin down and you are right, we do like everyone! collectively and also we can see the beauty in all people and how each person contributes as a piece of the puzzle. But if we really truly like you on a deeper level, we share our dreams and aspirations with you in confidence and we want to do or create something with you.

I mean, this is just me speaking from experience. If someone is not inspirational and unique, they are not for me (in a close relationship). My boyfriend is a Gem rising and yes, he and I talk and plan and make sh*t happen :). When we are together, no one would ever guess our sun signs (Virgo and Taurus).

But I do pick cat hair off his shirt :wink:

Very much sounds like the aquarian risings I know. They really act like they love everyone, it must be hard on whomever has a crush on them lol.

I am awkward and enthusiastic like a Sag :innocent:, want to talk and stalk like a Gemini :w00t: and love to touch like a Taurus, once it is comfortable. :love:

I am Sun Taurus, Sag rising and Venus in Gemini :) I think my venus gemini shows itself more...

M

may28gemini

To me, Scorpio rising people are Martian, just like Aries rising and are going to be direct. The only difference I see between those 2 risings is that Scorpio rising does not impulsively approach- they do it with purpose that they've already determined (for some reason or another) that they want to get to know you. Aries rising is fun and impulsive but don't approach with any goal/idea in mind. I've not ever met any Scorpio rising that didn't directly tell me what's going on. They are not elusive as reputed to be.

I don't agree with the Libra rising observation. I'm an early Libra rising and although I can hardly speak for the entire rising, I know for certain, I don't want anyone making decisions for me!!! Libra rising is polite and approaches for the sake of socializing but nothing beyond that. It's not necessarily a "shallow" rising but it is concerned with pleasantness and will approach with a softer, more subtle manner (if the Libra rising is doing any approaching at all). Usually a smile is all that's needed. We don't like anything loud and abrasive, but we're not into trying to be mysterious and play games either.

Also, the Virgo rising bit... I've not met any of that rising that would tease me on an imperfection. If anything, they've approached on a more rational basis as to say something factual like, "I like your shirt" or "Yes, I agree with what you said." They stick with whatever is concrete and not going to be the most creative in approaching (if they even do approach).

Last edited:

dioskouris

Account Closed
To me, Scorpio rising people are Martian, just like Aries rising and are going to be direct. The only difference I see between those 2 risings is that Scorpio rising does not impulsively approach- they do it with purpose that they've already determined (for some reason or another) that they want to get to know you. Aries rising is fun and impulsive but don't approach with any goal/idea in mind. I've not ever met any Scorpio rising that didn't directly tell me what's going on. They are not elusive as reputed to be.

I don't agree with the Libra rising observation. I'm an early Libra rising and although I can hardly speak for the entire rising, I know for certain, I don't want anyone making decisions for me!!! Libra rising is polite and approaches for the sake of socializing but nothing beyond that. It's not necessarily a "shallow" rising but it is concerned with pleasantness and will approach with a softer, more subtle manner (if the Libra rising is doing any approaching at all). Usually a smile is all that's needed. We don't like anything loud and abrasive, but we're not into trying to be mysterious and play games either.

Also, the Virgo rising bit... I've not met any of that rising that would tease me on an imperfection. If anything, they've approached on a more rational basis as to say something factual like, "I like your shirt" or "Yes, I agree with what you said." They stick with whatever is concrete and not going to be the most creative in approaching (if they even do approach).

What you say about the Libra and Virgo rising makes a lot of sense. I knew I will have to make some amendments to a couple of the indicators. Thanks :)

anjelik

Re: Scorpio vs Aries. My general opinion regarding the energy of the two signs is Scorpios are ninjas and Aries are like Braveheart. Both are direct in the sense that you can't push them around, but I think the reality is that Scorpio rising comes off as quiet so people may view this as a weakness and Aries rising kind of peacock around and are easier to break. The last serious relationship I was in was with a man with a Scorpio rising. He came off as mysterious and quiet - more so than my current boyfriend who has an Aries rising. You know when has enters the room because he carries himself so differently. Even when I think about how each courted me it's a completely different approach. The Scorpio rising was very calculating about it. He waited for a whole year to make his move (in retrospect I realized he did) and when he did it was like BOOM. The Aries rising just went for me like "you are mine," like a caveman dragging me back to his cave. I would say that the Aries rising is certainly more direct and abrasive. If you ask him a question, he will hand you a truth sandwich. My experience with Scorpio rising is that they do not easily give out information. It was a constant probing to find out what was going on beneath the surface. But this could also be because his Sun was Cancer, so I am not sure if that had to do with his rising, per say. I don't know if I would consider him direct though. I briefly dated one other Scorpio rising (3 or 4 months) and he was very similar in that respect (Leo Sun). SO I guess what I am saying is that I agree with your perspective on the determination factor of both signs, but I disagree that Scorpios are not elusive. At least I find them to be.

I agree about Libra rising. My mom has a Libra rising and is pretty agreeable..with strangers. With her family, not so much haha!

And to add thoughts on another rising sign - it just occurred to me that any man I've ever met with a Gemini rising flirted like a school boy with teasing / tormenting, etc. The best visual I could give would be like pulling a girl's hair in school and running away.

Last edited: