North node in the 9th house

Chillaxer

OK, I know there are interpretations on the web, but I am curious in a different perspective. How you would interpret it. Does anyone at all have this placement and what do you find are your problems and indicators of their resolution, what do you struggle with? I have a stellium in the 3rd house around my south node, and no planets beyond the 7th house until the 11th, so none that near my north node. I guess this would seem to imply being more stuck in the south node than others.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Planets within orb of conjunction of your south node indicate pieces of your karmic story. Taken together, planets in conjunction with your south node, the sign and house of your south node, any planets aspecting your south node, the placement of your south node's ruler, and any aspects involving the south node's ruler paint a picture of the past life (or ancestral past) issues that are feeding into this one.

If you have lots of planets within the orb of conjunction of your south node, your birth chart is giving lots of detail about your karmic past. That doesn't necessarily mean you're more stuck on the south node, but it might mean that you came into this world with lots of unfinished business from the karmic past that still needs to be finished. To get a good sense of what this stellium means for you, we would have to see your birth chart.

Chillaxer

Try this. Hope the chart works.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_jj.53833.32422.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_jj.53833.32422.gif
    48 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Chillaxer

Ok, I forgot some stars and other points so I added the extended chart for anyone also interested in them.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_jj.53833.32422.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_jj.53833.32422.gif
    48 KB · Views: 32

JUPITERASC

OK, I know there are interpretations on the web,
but I am curious in a different perspective.
How you would interpret it.
Does anyone at all have this placement
and what do you find are your problems
and indicators of their resolution, what do you struggle with?

I have a stellium in the 3rd house around my south node,
and no planets beyond the 7th house until the 11th,
so none that near my north node.

I guess this would seem to imply being more stuck in the south node than others.
Your North Node is 10 Leo 55
so your South Node is 10 Aquarius 55

and therefore
your Sun is conjunct your South Node :smile:

planets conjunct North Node are in opposition to planets conjunct South Node
and vice versa

These two diagrams illustrate that the nodes
mark the intersection of the ecliptic
or path of the Sun
and the Moon

mtp2_nodalaxis.jpg

lunar-nodes.jpg

we are limited to 100 word quotes by forum rules
and must not plagiarise
so here's a link to a good source of some info on the Nodes

PERSIAN NATIVITIES volume 1 Chapter 48
delineates Nodes in each of the twelve houses
http://www.bendykes.com/persians.php

FROG

I've watched someone with these nodes, evolve into a bit an eccentric shaman character. He has evolved into believing there is a universal truth in all religions, which he constantly pursues to learn, practice and teach. He is valued for his growing wisdom, and his deep reserves of calm which he shares with those who need help healing.

Through life, he had many many bumps, which made him look deep within, and make a core of belief to sustain him.

The change of Aquarius to Leo, is the change from personal detachment, to personal attachment. It is a shift in viewpoint from looking at the collective, to looking at each individual.

With Sun on South Node, your ego identity was concerned with people in groups, society as a whole, reforms that were needed across a wide band of the population.

Now here is where I try to extrapolate the North Node opposed to your Sun. The North node is in the 7th house to your Sun. So the concerns are with "the other" rather than the self. It may that you can extend your wisdom of the self in the collective (south node) to creating wisdom for the other half in any partnership, on the individual basis. With what you know collectively, you may be able to contribute in an a heartfelt attached manner, like a Leo Lion, like a performer, with the innocence of a child holding no prejudgement, in a manner of playing a game or doing a dance. You may be able extend your wisdom for reform to individual cases.

Moving from the third to the ninth house, you evolve with concerns for community and neighbors, to seeking the ultimate wisdom that any one individual can rely on. You may do this through travel, but relations with people from unfamiliar cultures is essential.

I'm betting that your natural inclination may be to stay somewhat detached even in personal relations, but that life opens up for you to have partnerships with individuals from unfamiliar cultures. And if you don't choose to go that direction, life sort of narrows your options, so that it is necessary. That seems to be way, evolutionary astrologers describe it. Choose to move towards your north node, and you find the resources to do it. Avoid choosing it, and your options narrow. But of course, the ongoing transits say when and how this occurs.

I haven't addressed the other planets near your South Node yet. But I will stop there.

Last edited:

Chillaxer

BTW, your Mars Return is around now. You may want to look into that.

Thanks for the above post, very useful analysis. I've had transit venus and mars just pass over my natal venus, at the same time more or less, never noticed much effect(although I did form a new potential relationship)but maybe a mars return is bigger. It will be coming up. I've also got mars and venus about to transit on the cusp of my 5th house, later in february, so maybe that means something regarding relationships?

I'm also intrigued by fortune in Sagittarius in the 1st house. Might seem to have a connection to the north node, also Jupiter in the 11th forms a sextile to both of them.

Oh, this paragraph-

'I'm betting that your natural inclination may be to stay somewhat detached even in personal relations, but that life opens up for you to have partnerships with individuals from unfamiliar cultures. And if you don't choose to go that direction, life sort of narrows your options, so that it is necessary. That seems to be way, evolutionary astrologers describe it. Choose to move towards your north node, and you find the resources to do it. Avoid choosing it, and your options narrow'

That seems to very aptly describe predicament and feelings regarding how trapped I feel at times of my own culture and people, and what has occurred here, and how much foreigners have seemed like a path to something, even if it's people with foreign parents, however, maybe my south node is my emotional attachment to my own culture, which I reference whilst absorbing other stuff. I guess the whole point of nodes is to not fall into comfort and default and realise how you could evolve. This would seem to be what's indicated here, that my own culture/country relates to my circumstances and my attachment, and I am sometimes to close to the possibility of attachment to something else, even though I could see it would make me happier-it's better the devil you know.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
hi chillaxer

a couple of strong patterns show your edgy take on life.
the sun is square to chiron and the ascendant axis.then your mars/mercury conjunction is square uranus, on the scorpio/sag cusp.

the chiron/sun/asc dynamics give you a quick mind, but you tend to blurt out truths before you consider the reaction. your insights are usually incisive and critical, as you have no patience or tact for minds that can not process at the speed of yours. you respect straight forwardness but you give no quarter in debate, when faults and inconsistencies are not acknowledged.

these sharp attitudes are not apparent as you have the mercury/venus midpoint conjunct your sun. this gives such a happy and loving outlook, that many would no suspect the depth of you reflections on life's matters.
with the moon/venus conjunction square to pluto, you have a deeply private emotional need.

mars square uranus gives you love of life on the edge.
this is a dynamic force in you, but one that can go awry easily. much depends on how you were raised.if you were given free reign to express your tantrums, then life is likely a sequence of unintended events.
if you were given structure and purpose, this aspect is quite favorable.

but love will usually be an affair as your need of freedom is very strong.
the pluto/moon/venus dynamic will make opening up in emotional relationships a trial.

rahu

Chillaxer

hi chillaxer

a couple of strong patterns show your edgy take on life.
the sun is square to chiron and the ascendant axis.then your mars/mercury conjunction is square uranus, on the scorpio/sag cusp.

the chiron/sun/asc dynamics give you a quick mind, but you tend to blurt out truths before you consider the reaction. your insights are usually incisive and critical, as you have no patience or tact for minds that can not process at the speed of yours. you respect straight forwardness but you give no quarter in debate, when faults and inconsistencies are not acknowledged.

these sharp attitudes are not apparent as you have the mercury/venus midpoint conjunct your sun. this gives such a happy and loving outlook, that many would no suspect the depth of you reflections on life's matters.
with the moon/venus conjunction square to pluto, you have a deeply private emotional need.

mars square uranus gives you love of life on the edge.
this is a dynamic force in you, but one that can go awry easily. much depends on how you were raised.if you were given free reign to express your tantrums, then life is likely a sequence of unintended events.
if you were given structure and purpose, this aspect is quite favorable.

but love will usually be an affair as your need of freedom is very strong.
the pluto/moon/venus dynamic will make opening up in emotional relationships a trial.

rahu

Thanks for your thoughts.
Edgy? Well I'm not perceived as wild or anything but I have been up against it and faced intense situations privately, I have to know the core of things, and have had dark struggles with authority. Respecting straightforwardness yes, and I'm blunt. People not detecting my depth, maybe, they see me as intense but yes maybe they underappreciate my capability for deep thinking. Regarding the emotional need, what does that look like it would be? I have gone awry and dislike authority, have great struggles and resentment of them, and I am annoyed by the stigma of being single in relationships, and like freedom.

Sound about right?

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
Thanks for your thoughts.
Edgy? Well I'm not perceived as wild or anything but I have been up against it and faced intense situations privately, I have to know the core of things, and have had dark struggles with authority. Respecting straightforwardness yes, and I'm blunt. People not detecting my depth, maybe, they see me as intense but yes maybe they underappreciate my capability for deep thinking. Regarding the emotional need, what does that look like it would be? I have gone awry and dislike authority, have great struggles and resentment of them, and I am annoyed by the stigma of being single in relationships, and like freedom.

Sound about right?

yea about right.

your emotional isolation began with you mother. already reserved ,the pluto square shows you in a childhood environment in which love was not freely expressed. a loving but unnurturing mother.as a consequence you don't have a good feel to accept love and give love.

rahu

lazarusx

OK, I know there are interpretations on the web, but I am curious in a different perspective. How you would interpret it. Does anyone at all have this placement and what do you find are your problems and indicators of their resolution, what do you struggle with? I have a stellium in the 3rd house around my south node, and no planets beyond the 7th house until the 11th, so none that near my north node. I guess this would seem to imply being more stuck in the south node than others.

I have this placement, except the signs are switched. My north Node is in Aquarius 9th and South is in Leo 3rd.

In my experience, i've had to learn detachment and shift my focus away from self to the collective.. foreign counties and cultures have played a vital role in my life, along with spirituality and understanding the underlying similarities between organised religion. I have travelled extensively and lived in different countries.. foreign relationships and friendships have been the greatest catalysts for growth.. as time goes on i feel a stronger need to relate to larger movements and communities, and am less interested in personal pursuits and attachments.

Although we're moving in opposite directions with relations to signs, we are moving in the same direction for the house's.

Chillaxer

I have this placement, except the signs are switched. My north Node is in Aquarius 9th and South is in Leo 3rd.

In my experience, i've had to learn detachment and shift my focus away from self to the collective.. foreign counties and cultures have played a vital role in my life, along with spirituality and understanding the underlying similarities between organised religion. I have travelled extensively and lived in different countries.. foreign relationships and friendships have been the greatest catalysts for growth.. as time goes on i feel a stronger need to relate to larger movements and communities, and am less interested in personal pursuits and attachments.

Although we're moving in opposite directions with relations to signs, we are moving in the same direction for the house's.

I think I could definitely get more freedom, and self expression from other countries and cultures, but I have so many attachments here and maybe that is my south node comfort, I don't know. I also feel in this part of the UK that I can experience a huge amount of food, cultures etc, so I know that even if I left to experience another, I could be in more of a 'monoculture' with food etc. AS I understand it, the ninth can mean wider philosophy, the right brain, intuition, and also mental travel alongside literal. I can do that, just that there are some authoritarian things(don't know if my chart shows it) that I would love to escape. Maybe it's that the only fire in my chart besides neptune is fortune and the north node, and they both relate to sagittarian themes. Maybe that is where I should trust my instincts and have the right balance of fire to take action and be more free.

melisa

Your node is exactly sextile Jupiter----bringing good fortune and opening up positive chances re: fate....North node is where you are going in life. I would say learning and travel are emphasized for you, with Node being in the 9th and sextile Jupiter

Melisa

Chillaxer

Your node is exactly sextile Jupiter----bringing good fortune and opening up positive chances re: fate....North node is where you are going in life. I would say learning and travel are emphasized for you, with Node being in the 9th and sextile Jupiter

Melisa

Thanks. I have a few questions for you, if you have time. How about Saturn also sextile the node and conjunct Jupiter (which seems quite a rarity in astrology-once very 20 years). Does this hinder my Jupiter or is Saturn just more of a 'hard earnt' thing than a solely destructive force? I have had a lot of transits from slow moving planets around the 1st, 2nd and 3rd houses, (Chiron, Neptune in my 4th now and Uranus in my 5th) and Pluto is coming up to the 3rd now- does this mean they are/have been making me more stuck in the south node, or working through it? From what I have read on the third house, where my south node and many planets are, it is focused on detail and local attachments and this would seem to fit my pattern. It is a very strong pull for me to rationalise a lot and obsess over details, and also with the south in aquarius I seem to want to create some thing for humanity and be a detached observer, instead of using the north node fire of Leo and taking a more personal extrovert approach. I feel I have already missed a springboard to other countries, university, and some higher education, and I convince myself I'm attached to what I've built up in my area even when there are many (bit too long winded for here) difficulties here. Maybe I am missing that Leonine thing and the wider perspective of travel, spirituality etc of the ninth. I should take the next chance, if I get one, to go somewhere else.

Also- the north node means travel, so could this mean emigration, whereby you travel a long way then set up home, or simply travelling regularly from where you are based, therefor the base is not so important? Ie would the ninth north node once you'd emigrated just mean you have to regularly travel once again?

And- Chiron square the north node, and ascendant/descendant square it also- is this relevant?

Hope that makes sense, I know it's a lot so if anyone else wants to help I'd be grateful.

Last edited:

Chillaxer

Oh, I should to mention my part of fortune, which is trine(orb 3-4 degrees) the north node, it's in sagittarius in the first house, and intercepts Uranus and the ascendant. I guess this means it would be described as 'rising'. It being in sagittarius fits with the ninth house north node. So maybe the missing fire in my chart, expressed through sagittarian themes in my north node and part of fortune, can give a clear picture of what I need to challenge myself to do. Is that a fair interpretation?

Attachments

• Mychartwithobjects.jpg
    Mychartwithobjects.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 25

Chillaxer

I have another query regarding this. Are there any indicators of specifically whether it should be foreigners or travel? I get very attached to my area, but I also feel the need to have foreign influences, or maybe English people who's parents are foreign-but does staying here(place I grew up) have to mean I'm stuck in South Node? I tend to be attracted to people with foreign parents also.

Also regarding travel, how far does it have to be to qualify as north node travel not south node?

Osamenor

Staff member
I have another query regarding this. Are there any indicators of specifically whether it should be foreigners or travel? I get very attached to my area, but I also feel the need to have foreign influences, or maybe English people who's parents are foreign-but does staying here(place I grew up) have to mean I'm stuck in South Node? I tend to be attracted to people with foreign parents also.

Also regarding travel, how far does it have to be to qualify as north node travel not south node?

Astrology isn't that specific. North node in the ninth house could indicate any or all of those things... or possibly none of them, because its range of meanings is even broader than that. And it's important to consider not only the house placements of your nodes, but also the sign placements, and the placements of the node rulers. Your north node, being in Leo, is ruled by the sun--and your sun is in the same sign and house as your south node, in four degrees orb of conjunction.

When the north node's ruler is sharing space with the south node, this isn't a lifetime to get rid of your south node patterns, but to build on them, finish what you started, do what you didn't have the chance to do before. When your sun is in the same sign and house as the south node, what your core personality needs most for its own growth--that is, what the sun represents--is quite similar to the south node message. There may be some tweaks needed, but the basic picture is the same. And when your sun and north node ruler are one and the same, having it with your south node doubles down on that message.

In addition to the north node itself representing what you should work towards, the north node's ruler also represents that. Here, it helps to look at the archetypes of each sign. Aquarius is the Truth Sayer, Rebel, or Outsider, to name a few archetypes. Leo is the Child (looking at the world with wide-eyed wonder), or Ruler/King/Queen, or Performer, to name some of its archetypes.

Third house is about communication--speaking, observing, language, self expression, sharing stories, those kinds of things. Combined with the Truth Sayer archetype, and lots of planetary placements in your third house, it looks like storytelling is an important part of your life. That might be literal storytelling, or that might be a tendency to tell it how you see it, or it might be something else along those lines. Your south node being placed there tells us that was also true for you in the past life(s) that you're building on.

There's much more to your south node story--lots of aspects, plus two rulers, whose placements and aspects give more detail--but I don't have time to go into that right now (could later if you're interested). Your north node placement, meanwhile, suggests building and expanding on who and what you were in the past. Ninth house is all about self expansion. Travel and foreigners are ninth house indications because traveling and experiencing foreign cultures is a way to expand your mind and sense of self--and so is interacting with foreigners who visit or immigrate to your country. But those are not the only ways, just some examples.

When the south node is in Aquarius and north node is in Leo, that usually indicates a need to make your message heard. Aquarius, being the truth sayer/rebel/outsider, risks being left out in the cold, their ideas too far outside social norms to gain much purchase. For Aquarius (and I'm talking about the Aquarius archetype here), that isn't necessarily a hardship, because Aquarius does not feel any personal need for social acceptance, just for generating ideas and being free to live them. (Aquarius suns and others who strongly manifest Aquarius typically do need social acceptance, just like everyone else, but nobody is one sign archetype--I'm just talking about the sign alone here.)

Leo, in contrast, needs social acceptance to live. (Again, this is the sign's archetype, not necessarily true of Leo sun people or others with strong Leo, because they also manifest other archetypes.) It's the performer, responsive to the responses of its audience. Leo needs to be heard and will insist on making itself heard. That makes it the perfect antidote to an Aquarian message fallen by the wayside.

So your north node placement is really telling you two things: expand yourself and make your voice heard. How you do it is up to you.

Chillaxer

Astrology isn't that specific. North node in the ninth house could indicate any or all of those things... or possibly none of them, because its range of meanings is even broader than that. And it's important to consider not only the house placements of your nodes, but also the sign placements, and the placements of the node rulers. Your north node, being in Leo, is ruled by the sun--and your sun is in the same sign and house as your south node, in four degrees orb of conjunction.

When the north node's ruler is sharing space with the south node, this isn't a lifetime to get rid of your south node patterns, but to build on them, finish what you started, do what you didn't have the chance to do before. When your sun is in the same sign and house as the south node, what your core personality needs most for its own growth--that is, what the sun represents--is quite similar to the south node message. There may be some tweaks needed, but the basic picture is the same. And when your sun and north node ruler are one and the same, having it with your south node doubles down on that message.

In addition to the north node itself representing what you should work towards, the north node's ruler also represents that. Here, it helps to look at the archetypes of each sign. Aquarius is the Truth Sayer, Rebel, or Outsider, to name a few archetypes. Leo is the Child (looking at the world with wide-eyed wonder), or Ruler/King/Queen, or Performer, to name some of its archetypes.

Third house is about communication--speaking, observing, language, self expression, sharing stories, those kinds of things. Combined with the Truth Sayer archetype, and lots of planetary placements in your third house, it looks like storytelling is an important part of your life. That might be literal storytelling, or that might be a tendency to tell it how you see it, or it might be something else along those lines. Your south node being placed there tells us that was also true for you in the past life(s) that you're building on.

There's much more to your south node story--lots of aspects, plus two rulers, whose placements and aspects give more detail--but I don't have time to go into that right now (could later if you're interested). Your north node placement, meanwhile, suggests building and expanding on who and what you were in the past. Ninth house is all about self expansion. Travel and foreigners are ninth house indications because traveling and experiencing foreign cultures is a way to expand your mind and sense of self--and so is interacting with foreigners who visit or immigrate to your country. But those are not the only ways, just some examples.

When the south node is in Aquarius and north node is in Leo, that usually indicates a need to make your message heard. Aquarius, being the truth sayer/rebel/outsider, risks being left out in the cold, their ideas too far outside social norms to gain much purchase. For Aquarius (and I'm talking about the Aquarius archetype here), that isn't necessarily a hardship, because Aquarius does not feel any personal need for social acceptance, just for generating ideas and being free to live them. (Aquarius suns and others who strongly manifest Aquarius typically do need social acceptance, just like everyone else, but nobody is one sign archetype--I'm just talking about the sign alone here.)

Leo, in contrast, needs social acceptance to live. (Again, this is the sign's archetype, not necessarily true of Leo sun people or others with strong Leo, because they also manifest other archetypes.) It's the performer, responsive to the responses of its audience. Leo needs to be heard and will insist on making itself heard. That makes it the perfect antidote to an Aquarian message fallen by the wayside.

So your north node placement is really telling you two things: expand yourself and make your voice heard. How you do it is up to you.

That's very useful and many insights, thanks. I would be interested to hear more about any patterns you noticed if you have a moment.