Is my mother going to... die?

Lucius22

I was working out her solar chart for next year, check it out. It doesn't look good.

Do you guys see the possibility of her passing?

Attachments

• Natal Mom.jpg
    Natal Mom.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 30
  • SR mom.jpg
    SR mom.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 23

keywine89

I was working out her solar chart for next year, check it out. It doesn't look good.

Not liking SR mars in the 8th house. Especially because it makes a square to her SR 12th house moon. But I don't think this aspect applies to her own death. Most likely one of her parents will pass? Also, not liking pluto in the SR 10th house. Has your mom been laid off from work? May I ask if your mom was recently in an accident? :sad:

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member

No.

I understand that it's pretty common to see planets in the 8th in a solar return chart and think the worst, especially in cases when the SR chart ruler is in the 8th. But I really wish students would investigate techniques a little...ok, a LOT further before they lept to scary conclusions.

Lord of the 1st is in the 8th, yes. Retrograde, and Lord of the 8th is in detriment in the 6th. But two things. L8 receives L1 by sign, and L1 is retrograding away from L8. And that is without doing the five or six other things an astrologer would have to do to see if death is signified this year for this native.

Lucius22

Not liking SR mars in the 8th house. Especially because it makes a square to her SR 12th house moon. But I don't think this aspect applies to her own death. Most likely one of her parents will pass? Also, not liking pluto in the SR 10th house. Has your mom been laid off from work? May I ask if your mom was recently in an accident? :sad:

Both of my mother's parents are dead. She's unemployed, she's disabled. She had cancer 12 years ago. She hasn't been in an accident.. yet. But she has been in and out of the hospital for multiple problems (heart attack, seizure, etc..)

Lucius22

No.

I understand that it's pretty common to see planets in the 8th in a solar return chart and think the worst, especially in cases when the SR chart ruler is in the 8th. But I really wish students would investigate techniques a little...ok, a LOT further before they lept to scary conclusions.

Lord of the 1st is in the 8th, yes. Retrograde, and Lord of the 8th is in detriment in the 6th. But two things. L8 receives L1 by sign, and L1 is retrograding away from L8. And that is without doing the five or six other things an astrologer would have to do to see if death is signified this year for this native.

Well.. that's comforting. I hope you're right.

keywine89

Both of my mother's parents are dead. She's unemployed, she's disabled. She had cancer 12 years ago. She hasn't been in an accident.. yet. But she has been in and out of the hospital for multiple problems (heart attack, seizure, etc..)

Can I see your solar return chart? Are you her only child? Does she have any living brothers or sister? SR moon in the 12 is making a square to mars/saturn in the 8th house. There's a death in her family this year. If this doesn't happen then your mom may take up residency at the hospital.

Marinka

You need a few charts to be able to identify a possible situation that could mean death. The charts would be transits, progressions, solar arc, and lastly, solar return. Making a prediction from just one chart is not an activity that a professional would do.

Also, making comments on a thread like this without identifying your motives (and also your frame of mind) with this question are also actions that a professional would not engage in.

Lucius22

You need a few charts to be able to identify a possible situation that could mean death. The charts would be transits, progressions, solar arc, and lastly, solar return. Making a prediction from just one chart is not an activity that a professional would do.

Also, making comments on a thread like this without identifying your motives (and also your frame of mind) with this question are also actions that a professional would not engage in.

Never claimed to be a professional :wink:

tsmall

Premium Member
You need a few charts to be able to identify a possible situation that could mean death. The charts would be transits, progressions, solar arc, and lastly, solar return.

I'd want the Mother's natal, rectified if necessary so as to calculate hyleg and alcoccoden, primary directions (in right ascension, and as opposed to solar acs), this year's profections, lastly I agree SR, and to ask a few more questions, one of which was shown in the SR chart (chronic illness of the mother, confirmed by the OP.)

Making a prediction from just one chart is not an activity that a professional would do.

Agreed.

Well, rather than be offended because I actually commented on this chart, saying, "No, not just based off this one chart, and you need to look at more things but meanwhile I wish people would take a moment to actually learn somethng before they leapt to conclusions...." I'd prefer to believe your comment was meant for people at large who want to dive into the deep end before they see if there is water in the pool.

I mean, after all, you also made comments on this thread without identifying the OP's motives. :whistling:

Marinka

Also, making comments on the chart in a thread like this without identifying your motives (and also your frame of mind) with this question are also actions that a professional would not engage in.

Updated (in bold) to reflect that it was the chart and not the thread that the comment statement referred to.

I'd want the Mother's natal, rectified if necessary so as to calculate hyleg and alcoccoden, primary directions (in right ascension, and as opposed to solar acs), this year's profections, lastly I agree SR, and to ask a few more questions, one of which was shown in the SR chart (chronic illness of the mother, confirmed by the OP.)

Agreed.

Well, rather than be offended because I actually commented on this chart, saying, "No, not just based off this one chart, and you need to look at more things but meanwhile I wish people would take a moment to actually learn somethng before they leapt to conclusions...." I'd prefer to believe your comment was meant for people at large who want to dive into the deep end before they see if there is water in the pool.

I mean, after all, you also made comments on this thread without identifying the OP's motives. :whistling:

The comment statement should not have been referenced to the thread - should have been to the chart (my mistake) - I did not correctly identify this in my comment.

I probably also should have elaborated that the chart is not his to grant permission to read -- it is his mother's. My personal standards are very high on this (I don't expect others to follow suit). The only exception I make to my rule is if there is possible danger to the person requesting the read. From a legal standpoint, I do read 3rd party charts if someone has the power of attorney on that person.

If this person asked a similar question to a doctor, what do you think the response would be? Would the doctor answer the person's questions ? Not likely .. because to do so would be illegal because of the medical privacy laws. Even before these laws were put in place, respectable doctors would not provide medical information to just anyone unless they were requested to by the patient.

Should astrologers have any less standards .....

And, as to your statement about the pool - maybe it's not the point to check whether there is even water in the pool - maybe they shouldn't be going to that pool at all.

Maybe a better way to look at this is this -- does anyone get hurt here ... YES, the mother. Her chart is being used without her permission. No one has acknowledged and given her the respect to ask whether this is something she wants done and whether she wants the information for herself or for that matter, for anyone else to have the information. The mother has lost all say on a matter that is likely very important to her - someone is trying to take her ability to decide matters away from her and while the motives may be admirable, the mother has lost the ability to make decisions about what she wants done with this information (or whether she even wants it).

Even though you can see the future, doesn't mean you should look.

Lucius22

Marinka, I got permission from my mother. :rightful:

In fact I posted this here because I was trying to do her SR myself and.. well like I said earlier it didn't look good. So I decided to let "professionals" look at it. That way I'd get an overall opinion on the chart.

Most of you (I'm sure) have more astrological experience than I do.

Just tell me if there's anything else you need me to post or if you have any questions, ask.

One more thing. I've looked into a little more. I've included my siblings charts and my fathers. The ruler of both my siblings SR 8th house (Death) is in their SR 3rd (Siblings). And the ruler of my father's SR 8th house (Death) is in his 5th (Children). Not to mention my mother's SR Asc is her natal 5th house.. and its ruler is in the 8th house. And my SR 8th house ruler happens to be in the 1st (Self). So hell, maybe it's my own death I'm trying to solve. Or hopefully it's a huge coincidence and I'm jumping to conclusions.