Neptune aspects and "trends"

Flapjacks

I'm wondering if Neptune aspects in the natal chart (or lack thereof) can show how well a person is "in tune" with trends or movements going on around them. For instance, actresses that have "the look" that becomes popular, or artists whose work speaks to the times they live in, and so on. Do those people generally have strong Neptune, and could their connection with wider society be symbolized by Neptune?

greybeard

In general, I would look to Moon as a primary indicator of "fads, fashions, trends"...she is the planet of the "public mood," of "the masses", and of "things that come and go," -- certainly characteristics of "fads and fashions." They are ephemeral.

Hitler's Moon conjunct Jupiter in the 3rd [also concerned with the "public mood"] is a good example of "being in tune". The Sabian symbols associated with the degrees of both planets enhance this trait greatly, and even though both planets are essentially afflicted (detriment and fall), both are at the service of Saturn in the 10th (he disposes them)...all in all a striking picture of some of Hitler's very special strengths.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

Ah! That does make sense. I was looking at Clara Bow and Mark Twain, as well. Neptune was strong for Clara Bow but weak in Mark Twain's chart. However, they both have strong Moon - outer planet contacts: Clara Bow has Moon conj. Neptune opp. Uranus while Mark Twain has Moon conj. Pluto trine Jupiter (I always felt a kinship with Mark Twain's sentiments, and this aspect is pretty telling in that I have Moon sq. Pluto and sextile Jupiter natally). It could also be that a moon placement that reflects generational aspects and placements might also show a person who is "in tune" with trends and patterns of that time. Does that sound plausible?

RodJM

Consider someone like Paul McCartney, Nobody can deny he was at the top of his game for decades, birth data from http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Paul_McCartney#hbiographie

Although he has Neptune in Virgo, suppose to be in detriment in this sign (if you accept the tropical zodiac), it is not exactly weak by aspects and the "modern" ruler of his Ascendant in Pisces. Depending on how much one allows for orb (6 degrees or less as a general rule for example), he has 4 major aspects to it. Also, the ruler of his SN which is pretty close to his ascendant :)

Jimi Hendrix is another consideration too. Another strong Neptunian chart.

It takes a strong argument to deny these artists were not in tune with the generational trends from pop/rock music back in those times.

Last edited: