Sun destroyed by South Node conjunction

Osamenor

Staff member
So my Jupiter’s influence is magnified asking for more and more? Sounds so like me. Even though I’m quite frugal, I can be insatiable. I worry about not having enough. I’d never admit this to anyone in real life. I thought having lots of mouths to feed while living in an expensive city made me so materialistic…
Lots of mouths to feed? Do you have lots of children? If so, that right there could be a Jupiter indicator for you. Fifth house indicates children. Traditionally, it's your own offspring who are indicated by the fifth house, but based on my experience with astrology, it seems feasible that it could also indicate adopted children and/or step children, foster children, etc., if you're the one who raises them.

Since your Jupiter is at the cusp of the sixth house, and is in the sixth place from your ascendant, it could be said to be in the sixth. In that case, it has sixth house indicators as well, and the sixth house includes day to day work, duties, and responsibilities. I find that planets that are at the cusp of the sixth house but still in the fifth often suggest a hobby (fifth house) that turns into a job (sixth). If you went to art school and use that experience professionally, that fits.

To be continued.....

WannaBeSag

Lots of mouths to feed? Do you have lots of children? If so, that right there could be a Jupiter indicator for you. Fifth house indicates children. Traditionally, it's your own offspring who are indicated by the fifth house, but based on my experience with astrology, it seems feasible that it could also indicate adopted children and/or step children, foster children, etc., if you're the one who raises them.

Since your Jupiter is at the cusp of the sixth house, and is in the sixth place from your ascendant, it could be said to be in the sixth. In that case, it has sixth house indicators as well, and the sixth house includes day to day work, duties, and responsibilities. I find that planets that are at the cusp of the sixth house but still in the fifth often suggest a hobby (fifth house) that turns into a job (sixth). If you went to art school and use that experience professionally, that fits.

To be continued.....

Osamenor, you’ve nailed it!

I may have exaggerated a little to say I’ve got “lots” of mouths to feed but still, I’ve got three children and that feels plentiful. All our own offspring to phrase it like that and possibly a result of Jupiter in the 5th? Was having these children part of unlocking my North Node?

And I agree my Jupiter is quite comfortable in the sixth house…coming from the fifth…and you have it right. I have turned my “hobby” into work. A great way of explaining my Art/Design career. So I assume I’ve done the right thing and this career path is a good one for me?

Thank you Osamenor for helping me see through the confusion I felt in the past few months! I’m hanging on and going to check back in a few days.

Osamenor

Staff member
Osamenor, you’ve nailed it!

I may have exaggerated a little to say I’ve got “lots” of mouths to feed but still, I’ve got three children and that feels plentiful. All our own offspring to phrase it like that and possibly a result of Jupiter in the 5th? Was having these children part of unlocking my North Node?
Probably. Up thread, you mentioned your responsibilities as a reason why you haven't lived too dangerously.

I see that kind of responsibility in your chart for this life, and also past life if we read south node indicators as a past life. Mercury, as ruler of your south node, represents that past version of you (as does your south node itself). Conjunct Saturn, it suggests that past version of you had some significant responsibility. In Cancer, it suggests parental responsibility, taking care of a family, literally or symbolically or both.

Conjunct your MC, that conjunction suggests you were well known as a parental figure. Maybe literally--an activist mother advocating on behalf of her children and others', for instance--or maybe figuratively, as in a religious leader who is viewed as the mother or father of the community.

The way you've described yourself, it sounds like that parental responsibility has been your grounding influence in this life.

And I agree my Jupiter is quite comfortable in the sixth house…coming from the fifth…and you have it right. I have turned my “hobby” into work. A great way of explaining my Art/Design career. So I assume I’ve done the right thing and this career path is a good one for me?
It certainly fits with what your chart shows that you need. It also fits with that conversation a few posts back about service to others. The sixth house is about service to others, yes, but it's not necessarily the kind of heavy and direct service that your friend who works in hospice provides. Service to others can be anything we do well that provides something to the world. Art and design is a service to others. It provides something that others can use and enjoy.

Jupiter figures into your south node story in two ways: not only does it square the node, it trines the south node ruler. In the fifth house on the cusp of the sixth, it might represent an impulsive affair (fifth house) that led to children (also fifth) and the responsibilities of parenthood (sixth). That might have gotten in the way of you developing yourself in a certain way--what might you have done if you hadn't been weighed down by that responsibility?--but it also gave you an identity and purpose (trine to Mercury/Saturn, conjunct to MC indicating what you became known for within your society).

That your NN and SN rulers are trine, and that your sun is conjunct your SN, suggests a need for your current life to look a lot like that past one, just with the road not taken explored. You do have your children, you do have your responsibilities, and there's no going back on that, but with lifespans being what they are now, you may have a whole other lifetime's years after your children leave home, or at least become independent enough for you to have a lot of time to yourself. So you have more time and chance to explore things, which is what Sagittarius wants, and learn things, which is what both Sagittarius/Gemini and the third/ninth house want.

This looks like an exploratory lifetime for you.

WannaBeSag

Thank you for coming back, Osamenor!

What I found striking is that I’m quite touched -for some bizarre reason- to hear what you say about my previous lifetime. I almost wanted to cry when I read this. It must mean that you’ve hit a truth, discovered something that is precious to me. ‘Striving for prominence’ has been a recurring theme in my life.

I was very well known locally as a child (I live far far away now). All I wanted from when I was little was being “famous”. Please excuse me, I’m cringing to admit this. And although I’m a (very minor) public figure, I know I’ll never be as “famous” as in my wildest dreams. And I’m reminding myself to be grateful for every day I have on this planet as an average human being. Even though I’m sometimes disappointed about my lack of ‘prominence’. I always thought that this is something everyone wants, but I think I have it a bit worse than others. On the other hand I also hate being in the public eye, even if it’s only a little bit. It makes me feel weirdly disconnected and I prefer to retreat usually (That is my SN right? Venus in taurus in the 8th probably, no? And Moon in Capricorn in 4th?)

This is also where I now understand my Jupiter in Pisces 5/6th squaring all this comes in. I’m supposed to share and connect to people. To not think about my prominence issues and where I stand in the pecking order, but actually really open myself to other human beings. I’ve even started warming to this kind of “cheesy” language and start to understand “connecting”, “relating” and “sharing” is actually something wonderful. (No, I haven’t gone crazy, but have come a long way! Previously, words like that would've had me break out in a cold sweat.) I love what you say about art and design being a service too. I do want to serve others, I’ve only never realised there are different ways of doing so. I want to help others with my design.

Looking at my NN in 3rd, and when I’m out and about people often like to talk to me, and I almost always have pleasant experiences with others in the community. And I relate to anyone, it’s not just the folks who are like me…

What is also interesting is that you say having the children was a manifestation of my SN. Have I understood that correctly? Wow and wow again! You are absolutely correct and I’ve never even seen it. Having the children wasn’t a conscious decision I took. It was like autopilot, and I only found my husband quite late, else I probably would have had children as soon as I had the right partner. All I wanted from when I was young was have at least 3 children. And yes, you're right about the impulsive romance that led to responsibilities...we got married because I was pregnant and our kids weren't all that planned. (My husband has NN and Uranus in 5th).

So the road not travelled, right?... You're right...my family responsibilities are holding me back in my career. This is also reflected in Mars in Cancer in 10th opposite Moon in Capricorn in 4th. And before I had kids I held myself back... So I'm an intensely ambitious person who's always held back one way or the other. I need to deal with this and explore.

That your NN and SN rulers are trine, and that your sun is conjunct your SN, suggests a need for your current life to look a lot like that past one, just with the road not taken explored. You do have your children, you do have your responsibilities, and there's no going back on that, but with lifespans being what they are now, you may have a whole other lifetime's years after your children leave home, or at least become independent enough for you to have a lot of time to yourself. So you have more time and chance to explore things, which is what Sagittarius wants, and learn things, which is what both Sagittarius/Gemini and the third/ninth house want.

This looks like an exploratory lifetime for you.

Thank you again, it has been a revelation!

Please let me know if I could help you with anything...I see you're extremely knowledgeable, and I'm not, but maybe I could answer a question you may have?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you for coming back, Osamenor!

What I found striking is that I’m quite touched -for some bizarre reason- to hear what you say about my previous lifetime. I almost wanted to cry when I read this. It must mean that you’ve hit a truth, discovered something that is precious to me. ‘Striving for prominence’ has been a recurring theme in my life.

I was very well known locally as a child (I live far far away now). All I wanted from when I was little was being “famous”. Please excuse me, I’m cringing to admit this. And although I’m a (very minor) public figure, I know I’ll never be as “famous” as in my wildest dreams. And I’m reminding myself to be grateful for every day I have on this planet as an average human being. Even though I’m sometimes disappointed about my lack of ‘prominence’. I always thought that this is something everyone wants, but I think I have it a bit worse than others.
I've noticed that people who have either the south node or its ruler near the MC often feel that way. They come in with an expectation on themselves to be highly visible, because that's the kind of life experience they're coming from. If you're a minor public figure, you are highly visible in your community.
This is also where I now understand my Jupiter in Pisces 5/6th squaring all this comes in. I’m supposed to share and connect to people. To not think about my prominence issues and where I stand in the pecking order, but actually really open myself to other human beings. I’ve even started warming to this kind of “cheesy” language and start to understand “connecting”, “relating” and “sharing” is actually something wonderful. (No, I haven’t gone crazy, but have come a long way! Previously, words like that would've had me break out in a cold sweat.) I love what you say about art and design being a service too. I do want to serve others, I’ve only never realised there are different ways of doing so. I want to help others with my design.

Looking at my NN in 3rd, and when I’m out and about people often like to talk to me, and I almost always have pleasant experiences with others in the community. And I relate to anyone, it’s not just the folks who are like me…
That sounds very like your north node. You have a good balance going already, respecting your nodes and the growth they indicate. If you're doing well with your personal growth, that's exactly what should be happening by the time you're 40 or thereabouts.

What is also interesting is that you say having the children was a manifestation of my SN. Have I understood that correctly?
Yes, and it's also a manifestation of integrating the north node.
Wow and wow again! You are absolutely correct and I’ve never even seen it. Having the children wasn’t a conscious decision I took. It was like autopilot, and I only found my husband quite late, else I probably would have had children as soon as I had the right partner. All I wanted from when I was young was have at least 3 children. And yes, you're right about the impulsive romance that led to responsibilities...we got married because I was pregnant and our kids weren't all that planned. (My husband has NN and Uranus in 5th).
Sounds like you and your husband are both very impulsive, at least when it comes to relationships. The way you've described yourself, it sounds like you, at least, are impulsive in general. If that's the case, then an impulsive romance and unplanned (but not unwanted) children would be the only way you would become parents, and it's clear that parenting is good for you. Without it, you would probably be too ungrounded.

So the road not travelled, right?... You're right...my family responsibilities are holding me back in my career. This is also reflected in Mars in Cancer in 10th opposite Moon in Capricorn in 4th. And before I had kids I held myself back... So I'm an intensely ambitious person who's always held back one way or the other. I need to deal with this and explore.
Yes... and even if family responsibilities do hold you back in your career, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Your career is not your life's purpose. It may be an important part of your life, and it may be one way you help your life's purpose be fulfilled, but it's not the endpoint of your life. Same with your family responsibilities. They're important, and they may help you grow in certain ways, but at the end of the day, it's about the big picture, not just one detail like your family or your career.

Your Mars/Moon opposition is actually a t-square, with Uranus as the focal planet. Since Uranus is in your first house, it seems to me that you need to meet the world in a Uranian way: outside the box, dancing to your own drum. Probably, you're driven to do both career and parenting differently.

Thank you again, it has been a revelation!

Please let me know if I could help you with anything...I see you're extremely knowledgeable, and I'm not, but maybe I could answer a question you may have?
If I start a thread, feel free to post! If you don't end up helping me, you can always pay it forward and help someone else, when you become more knowledgeable.

Jupe in first

i know this is an old thread, but wow!

I "stumbled" across it by typing in "Sun conjunct SN" on google. As I started settling in to read a few bits, I slowly realized all the aspects you were listing are similar to mine. Oh good, I thought, this should loosely apply to me too. A little bit more and I said, "Now wait a minute!" I have Uranus square Mars, I have Venus in Taurus. I have Neptune opposite Sun. I have Jupiter in Pisces square Sun. I have a Cap moon....

We are born 13 hours apart!!!! Amazing. I didn't search for any other specific placements or aspects and the odds of reading my life story on the first search like this are like zero. Unless it was meant to be.

So....I am a Pisces rising and our charts are mirrors! My NN is in Sag in 9th.

Also... I remember this time period (Uranus opp Uranus) very well. I also wanted to crawl under a rock and hide. I still feel that way but not as strongly and I have a sense that I will have to come out of hiding soon.

I'll leave it at that for now as I also have 3 children, (also, first one unplanned but we also just knew we would throw our hats in the ring together and have a family!!!) and am homeschooling the youngest and need to get started.

I am very interested in how you are doing these days??? Do you still sell your art? Do you have a website?

Somewhat Speechless, (which as you know is kind of a big deal!)

LL

Another One

i know this is an old thread, but wow!

I "stumbled" across it by typing in "Sun conjunct SN" on google. As I started settling in to read a few bits, I slowly realized all the aspects you were listing are similar to mine. Oh good, I thought, this should loosely apply to me too. A little bit more and I said, "Now wait a minute!" I have Uranus square Mars, I have Venus in Taurus. I have Neptune opposite Sun. I have Jupiter in Pisces square Sun. I have a Cap moon....

We are born 13 hours apart!!!! Amazing. I didn't search for any other specific placements or aspects and the odds of reading my life story on the first search like this are like zero. Unless it was meant to be.

So....I am a Pisces rising and our charts are mirrors! My NN is in Sag in 9th.

Also... I remember this time period (Uranus opp Uranus) very well. I also wanted to crawl under a rock and hide. I still feel that way but not as strongly and I have a sense that I will have to come out of hiding soon.

I'll leave it at that for now as I also have 3 children, (also, first one unplanned but we also just knew we would throw our hats in the ring together and have a family!!!) and am homeschooling the youngest and need to get started.

I am very interested in how you are doing these days??? Do you still sell your art? Do you have a website?

Somewhat Speechless, (which as you know is kind of a big deal!)

LL

lol

I am another astro twin. I guess we're all thinking about that South Need conjunction as the NN applies by transit.

WannaBeSag

Thank you Osamenor, waybread, Frisiangal and Chillaxer. I've just re-read all of this thread and looking back this conversation has sparked an important process for me!

Another One

This made me laugh!

What's your ascendant degree and where were you born? Message me if you like! Looks like we're going to start a support group!

Good!

Between 1 and 2 degrees Capricorn. Johannesburg South Africa. My sun is also intercepted here and I did much better the 12 years I lived in another city. I'll move sometime in the next while. I'm considering a city where my relocated chart will have sag rising.