Moon in libra

Zarathu

Account Closed
I'm sorry, but to say that MOON in lIbra always means something is to yell very loudly that your own personal knowledge of astrology is very very limited to what you learned with Linda Goodman's Sun Signs book.

Its all about the individual chart. Sometime Libra is a certain way, and just as often it not. Sometimes Libra is so low in power that it wouldn't make any difference in the chart whether it was that way or not since you couldn't tell.

Its all about the individual charts, not about some generic one definition fits all.

JUPITERASC

Oh, Jeezus. Moon in Libra....

I've often been attracted to Moon in Libras, but you guys are a handful.

Something you wont read in the books is that Moon in Libra has a WILDLY excessive demand that they not be "disrespected." They almost have Disrespect PTSD.

And while it's reasonable for anyone to not permit or to resent being disrespected, Moon in Libras just push it too far. WAY too far.

I mean, it's a really big deal to them.

It's not that they're really all that unusual that way -- most people don't enjoy being disrespected -- but where most of us remain silent, or wait to see if our perception of what has occurred is accurate, Moon in Libras just spout out IMMEDIATELY their complaints, their internal monologue becoming external neurotically on the spot.

And while they're sometimes correct, they're so reactive this way so quickly, that they're wrong just as often.

As a result, Moon in Libras tend to be either close friends with one another (from an instinctive sense of similarity) or they fight like maniacs, both doing the same thing to each other (think Rosie and Elisabeth).

Holy God, you guys are exhausting.

Nothing personal. :biggrin:

Moon in Libra varies dependent on the sign and house location of natal Venus.

i.e. natal Venus may be in any one of 12 signs/12 house locations SO for example Moon in Libra with Venus in Capricorn is a very different Moon in Libra from a Moon in Libra with Venus in Aquarius
:smile:

Scorpio888

I'm sorry, but to say that MOON in lIbra always means something is to yell very loudly that your own personal knowledge of astrology is very very limited to what you learned with Linda Goodman's Sun Signs book.

Its all about the individual chart. Sometime Libra is a certain way, and just as often it not. Sometimes Libra is so low in power that it wouldn't make any difference in the chart whether it was that way or not since you couldn't tell.

Its all about the individual charts, not about some generic one definition fits all.
But no one was offering a "generic one definition fits all."

And I'm hardly quoting Linda Goodman's Sun Signs book, as she's a Moon in Libra herself -- plus, no book says what I stated.

The Ram

For a woman it's a great moon sign imo. Very submissive and accomodating. Very emotional due to the venus influence, yet Saturn at the same time keeps her grounded and practical.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Ocho, I have Pisces Moon in 6th house and I can comment on 6th house Moon from experience.

In general, I dislike the Moon to be in 6th as that is a malefic placement for a worrywart. The emotional need for work will be very strong, and although such person would be constructive and productive (generally), there will be some nervousness present at all times which could lead to some wonky aliments (stress disorders, eating disorders, etc.). There is constant need to be useful all day, everyday 24/7 and if that's not fulfilled, the person can easily become depressed and lost.

The Moon does well in relationship houses such as 4th and 7th, joys in the 3rd and has a lot of fun in 5th.

JUPITERASC

it's ok.. Btw Is Libra Moon in the 6th a bad placement? what House Placements are good for this moon?
If Libra is ruler of 6th then Venus is definitely an influence to consider :smile:
So check for any aspects made by your natal Moon to Venus as well as the house and sign location of your natal Venus

Main Rulerships of 6th House
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h6.html

'.....Illness and disease, its condition and cause, whether the illness will be short or long, curable or not. All matters relating to the health industry and those who work in it: dentists, doctors, nurses.

Employees, tenants and servants.

Lilly specifically mentions day-labourers, farmers and shepherds.

Goldstein-Jacobson mentions those who live on the native's property, such as caretakers, au-pairs, lodgers, etc.

Also domestic issues gernerally; this house has some relevance to domestic appliances that are purchased to ease day to day chores and laborious tasks.....'

'…..Pets, small animals and lesser cattle (ie., hogs, sheep, goats, rabbits) and any profit or loss attached to the sale of such cattle.

The 6th house also has a connection with farming and crops generally.

Uncles, aunts and relatives on the father's side of the family (3rd from 4th).

Simmonite adds that since it is the 8th from the 11th house it represents the death of friends (
, p.59).

Sorrow. Generally this is regarded as a house of weakness and affliction. As a cadent house it represents alien or unhelpful conditions.....'

M

may28gemini

Something you wont read in the books is that Moon in Libra has a WILDLY excessive demand that they not be "disrespected." They almost have Disrespect PTSD.

And while it's reasonable for anyone to not permit or to resent being disrespected, Moon in Libras just push it too far. WAY too far.

It's not that they're really all that unusual that way -- most people don't enjoy being disrespected -- but where most of us remain silent, or wait to see if our perception of what has occurred is accurate, Moon in Libras just spout out IMMEDIATELY their complaints, their internal monologue becoming external neurotically on the spot.

And while they're sometimes correct, they're so reactive this way so quickly, that they're wrong just as often.

As a result, Moon in Libras tend to be either close friends with one another (from an instinctive sense of similarity) or they fight like maniacs, both doing the same thing to each other (think Rosie and Elisabeth).

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I'm really glad that someone wrote this because that's the truth!

Libra the sign is not as "peaceful" and "calm" and "loving" as they're touted to be. It might be what that sign goes for on the idealistic plane, but rarely does theory ever live up to its name when seen in action.

Contrary to popular belief, Libra is actually more militant than Aries... even though Aries has always been (wrongly) hailed as warmonger. Libra has more to prove (why it hates being disrespected) and a longer way to go in order to prove its worth. Aries seem to have things handed on a silver platter and don't need to explain nor fight for anything. Although Aries is less willing to compromise, rarely would they go to war because of disagreements. Libra on the other hand, disrespect cuts deeply and war will be fought (but not in the name of ego but deflected to some bigger social issue to gain allies). That's really how dirty Libra plays it and very (deeply) dogmatic, too. No matter what, Libra is still a cardinal sign which is an initiator (for better or worse).

Now, I'm very airy and I like and understand Libra energy. I realized I'm friends with several Libra Moon people and I enjoy their company very much, even though they've put me on the backburner in favor of their relationships. Libra is like the black sheep of signs and although I have observed their not so pleasant realities, I still like Libra. But liking and respecting are different things and not necessarily designed to be paired up so smoothly.

That being said, I'm Libra rising with 3 Libra planets in my 1st house... Jupiter and Saturn on the Asc with Pluto slightly behind. I don't have to be Libra Moon to understand the deep HATED when disrespected and I will argue til the cows turn blue from suffocating my wind rather than acquiesce to others. If anyone wants to challenge me, go ahead, it's your funeral cuz I got all the time in the world.

This is a tangent, and it's just my observation, but I've noticed those in particular with Libra Saturn have a mean, dogmatic, austere streak but they hide it so well behind charming facades. About 90% of people I went to school with (not college) have Libra Saturn as do I. We were known to be quite nasty towards each other but looked innocent in front of authority figures. Pretty much everyone was a bully in their right and looking back, the most scary part was everyone felt dignified in their position to be self-righteous. I was guilty of that, too.

Putin would be a good public example: He has a loose Libra Sun-Saturn conjunction (super dogmatic). To the world he presents himself as a charming, understanding diplomat, but in reality he's the evil de facto dictator with many years of military training expertise who axes anyone in his way.

JUPITERASC

These broad generalizations are NOT solely applicable to any one sign in particular - as has been previously stated Moon in Libra is influenced by house and sign location of natal Venus :smile:

M

may28gemini

I've always thought Libra Moon was the "mistress" moon but as far as it acting homosexual, could be onto something. I've met a lot of gay people, and I'm friends with quite a few of them... all of them have Libra Sun, Moon, or both. I lived in San Francisco for over 5 years and although I'm not an authority of gay culture, I definitely lived right in the centre of it.

JUPITERASC

I've always thought Libra Moon was the "mistress" moon but as far as it acting homosexual, could be onto something. I've met a lot of gay people, and I'm friends with quite a few of them... all of them have Libra Sun, Moon, or both. I lived in San Francisco for over 5 years and although I'm not an authority of gay culture, I definitely lived right in the centre of it.
Unverifiable
Nope. It's insider knowledge.
Thanks for the clarification. Given no source, then the information is unreliable :smile:

The Ram

Psychologists have done studies on this and it's been found that most ppl have a little bit of both straight and gay in them. Ie someone could be 80% straight, but 20% gay and various other proportions. Infact many seem to think that if it weren't for social stigmas most ppl would be bi.

I certainly have noticed however that strongly air influenced ppl in general are more likely to be gay or bi than the other elements. Not that I find anything wrong with this.

JUPITERASC

Psychologists have done studies on this and it's been found that most ppl have a little bit of both straight and gay in them. Ie someone could be 80% straight, but 20% gay and various other proportions. Infact many seem to think that if it weren't for social stigmas most ppl would be bi.

I certainly have noticed however that strongly air influenced ppl in general are more likely to be gay or bi than the other elements. Not that I find anything wrong with this.
Those psychological studies are not infallible and not agreed with by all psychologists :smile:

Previous discussion on this forum on this topic concluded it's not possible to assess straightness or otherwise from a natal chart - particularly not from one sole planet and it's sole sign

JUPITERASC

House location of the particular natal moon
as well as in the case of the topic of this thread a libra moon,
then aspects from natal moon to natal Venus are important considerations

as well as house and sign location of natal Venus

These are factors that create multiple differences
regarding natal charts :smile:

JUPITERASC

True. But in my observations it seems to be true for the most part, for most ppl, not all. But I am very Plutonian so I tend to look beneath the surface on things more than most.

I believe it is quite possible. We just don't know how to do it yet.

Agreed!

Though I would say that I have found air sign ppl in general to be gay or have gay tendancies more than other element ppl. These are just generalities though.
The analysis of AT LEAST 250 astrological charts is required before one could even consider that such a generality had much merit JMO however perhaps at some stage someone shall have sufficient interest to do the research :smile: