Sun AC in synastry - REALLY strong indicator for initial attraction?

wowreally

despite everything in your synastry charts, would you say that sun/ac aspects indicates an above avrage attraction (at least initially)??

i know there are a million of things that could be cauzing this, but i'm just wandering how highly the Sun/AC aspect ranks in the list of possibilities

people who's ac makes an easy aspect or an opposition to my sun tend to be really attracted to me...they won't seem to let me go (in the begining). This doesn't work for me because my sun and ac are incompatible signs...meaning there would be problems with sun/sun aspects (i hate those).

i don't have a lot of people's TOB, so i can't really check, but two people that i automatically felt a great attraction for, have had their ac make a positive aspect to my sun.

::EDIT::
from my limited sample, it seems that it's the sun person that's more attracted?

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
I've experienced this more than a few times. I can think of two off-hand Suns that were conjunct my ascendant. I think it's a mutual attraction, but the sign it's in makes a difference too. In my case, my ascendant is Leo, and you know Leos love to look at themselves!

So, at least initially, yes Sun/Asc are one of the top, if not top indicators of physical attraction.

wowreally

what aspect do you think is most similar to it, down the line (once we stop relating to the person with our mask) and our true colors get revealed.

would you say the sun/ac is the temporary version of sun/sun?

the ac makes me think of expression. other planets that come to mind when i think of expression are venus and mars.
so maybe it's more similar to a venus/sun or mars/sun aspect.

does that make any sense?
what aspect would come the closes
stupid question..i know..lol

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
would you say the sun/ac is the temporary version of sun/sun?

Yup. Kind of like, you see someone at a party who looks like the perfect match, and as soon as they start talking, it's a different story!

I've found the next best thing is Sun/Moon conjunctions. Even if one's Sun is in the other's Moon sign, that can work.

Another strong aspect, that happens is with progressions. Watch the Moon as it progresses, you may find that significant relationships started when your progressed Moon conjuncted, or nicely aspected their Venus or Sun/Moon. Alot of time, things that are meant to be will have several signs and aspects pointing to it.

I would say, if looking for a harmonious relationship, Venus synastry is the best place to look. Mars can show physical attraction, but is also behind the classic make-up to break-up relationships. Moon is important, but can also be a source of problems, as this is the area where people are most sensitive and touchy.

But Venus, and the 7th house, with the Sun is great. Sun in the other's 7th is good, and Sun conjuncting Venus is good, I would say those come closest to signs of a long-term attraction, as opposed to short term Asc attraction.

petal

I agree. When I first laid eyes on the man whose ASC conjencted my Sun, I just had this feeling of familiarity and I was instantly attracted. I still am...and while I have since got to know him and discovered aspects of his personality which I'm less fond of, I feel bonded to him, no matter what.

However, i think that it's the sun (me) who feels the attraction more (instantly)...since a planet is more receptive than an angle. That said, the ASC person will feel appreciated and unless very complacent will usually reciprocate. I think.