Chiron/Uranus Opposition and Addiction

C0rnholio

Chiron opposed Uranus for about 40 continuous years, so no way do all of them have addictive personalities, in fact I don't even see either of those planets as having much of anything to do with addiction. IMO look elsewhere, maybe Neptune.

Agreed. I think this thread should be finally closed or something...

Caro

I have this combo too - however with chiron in pisces and uranus in virgo many people of my generation will have the pluto conj uranus and saturn conj chiron. I was born 1967

I also have neptune in the first house.In scorpio.As a kid I was a bit of a daydreamer. Now Im pretty good at meditation and visualising - I guess that could be addictive but I dont practice that often.

I have never taken drugs. cant stand the smell of the stuff you can smoke. I have at various times drunk alcohol but never lost it - ie became addicted. in fact there is only one time that I passed out(mainly cos I drank when I had been ill) after that I gave up drinking and rarerly drink at all now.(10 years ago) I didnt like that out of control feeling.

Not drinking has left a bit of a dent in my social life.

I have developed a spiritual practice since 2001 and I guess I adhere to this but not in addictive manner. There is part of me that would like to but it never happens.

I have saturn in pisces(5th house) as part of a kite formation - uranus/pluto in virgo head up this kite. So that is probably why.
I think Im pretty balanced out so would not go for this extreme behaviour..
I did go out with a guy who was bordering alcoholic. he had a double grand trine in water(same birth date as kurt cobain)

glitterandlace

I have ascendant conjunct chiron/ opposite Uranus & Venus. I just had to say that I never have had problems with any types of drugs period. I have never even tried them. I do how ever have a shopping addiction. But no drugs. Ever.

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

I also have Chiron opposite Uranus, in gemini and sagittarius, and with gemini AC... Chrion in 1st and Uranus in the 7th. Not really addictive to stuff, I usually get sick and tired of stuff after a while. Maybe Im addicted to being in love? I heard its like amphetamine or Cocaine in its action, you know being in love. And my history of love realtionship is like typical serial monogamy:/

In terms of hurting each other, I think its me hurting the other mostly. Or when I broke up with the 2 last relationships. Felt terrible....

Last edited:

marykimg

So In regards to Chiron/Uranus Opposition, I have Chiron in Aires at 10:20 in the 8th house and Uranus in Libra at 11:12 in the 2nd.

To complicate things my sun is also in Aires in a wide conjunct with Chiron and Chiron also conjuncts Pallas 9:16

Uranus conjuncts my moon.

I've been a smoker since I was 14..Not a heavy smoker but a smoker. I have binge drank and done drugs. I've always been afraid of going to REHAB so I've always tried to keep everything in check. Never getting too out of control

Attachments

• 1mychart.jpg
    1mychart.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

astro2222

my chiron is conjunct the 7th in Gemini and oposite Uranus in house 1 in Capricorn...I am a sex addict,**** addict,I can help myself...sometimes I feel disgusted of myself for what am I doing...I olso suffer from panic attacks,being ipohondric;after I have sex,I imagine all sort of things like what if the girl had a sexual disease,so I usually avoid making sex;having my Venus in house 12,I avoid crowded places cause I suffer from this Agora phobia...So panic attacks,and negative perception of the reality,negative person...this is how I am...this is maybe because my Uranus conjuncts Venus from house 12 which olso squares Lilith from House 8.When I get in a relationship,I get obsessed about my partner,well not from the beginning but if she makes me jelouse or a reason why I should be,I start to hate her and sometimes I believe that she cheats on me which gets me incredebily furious...

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

I also got panic attacks... Usually around a very intense dominating person yelling at me:andy: Didn't understand what this stuff was at first... Quite unpleasant though! Plus I previously had one seizure and alot of fainting for no reason when I was younger.

SallyPamela

Hi ... this is all very interesting. I have moon, chiron and eris conjunct (aries 13 42/28/00) and this is oppostion Uranus (libra9 26). anyone have any insight into what that could mean? I'm pretty addictive, I love my food, cigarettes and wine ... when I stop smoking I get super emotional ...
Thanks!

Karlene67

Hmm seems a dangerous thing to make sweeping statements such as Chiron opposite Uranus could point to signs of child molestation. Given this is a generational aspect. I realise the statement was more about Chiron/Uranus opposition being a potential trigger but frankly I doubt it. My own father for example was a child molesting, violent, narcissistic maniac who preyed on not only his own kids but others as well. He was not born in this generation nor does he have this aspect. Sorry. I find it very frustrating that people print stuff without really thinking about the potential implications for others. Granted my generation struggles with addiction....but addiction is a broad subject and is NOT limited to child molestation. That being said the predilection towards child molestation has Been around since the beginning if we are to believe the creation stories and I doubt this aspect is at the Crux of the matter.

Claire19

Hmm seems a dangerous thing to make sweeping statements such as Chiron opposite Uranus could point to signs of child molestation. Given this is a generational aspect. I realise the statement was more about Chiron/Uranus opposition being a potential trigger but frankly I doubt it. My own father for example was a child molesting, violent, narcissistic maniac who preyed on not only his own kids but others as well. He was not born in this generation nor does he have this aspect. Sorry. I find it very frustrating that people print stuff without really thinking about the potential implications for others. Granted my generation struggles with addiction....but addiction is a broad subject and is NOT limited to child molestation. That being said the predilection towards child molestation has Been around since the beginning if we are to believe the creation stories and I doubt this aspect is at the Crux of the matter.

Uranus with Chiron is not an aspect for addiction per se. It would have to be in the 12th house and with other planets. 5th house of children and Pluto for child molestation and there are many scenarios.... Chiron is not a planet and I use it only for support and with close orb, perhaps. There is a lot of misinformation and pure fiction abounding with astrology and you should see some of the posts on Facebook forums...:it is our responsibility to research and learn for ourselves.

Karlene67

Uranus with Chiron is not an aspect for addiction per se. It would have to be in the 12th house and with other planets. 5th house of children and Pluto for child molestation and there are many scenarios.... Chiron is not a planet and I use it only for support and with close orb, perhaps. There is a lot of misinformation and pure fiction abounding with astrology and you should see some of the posts on Facebook forums...:it is our responsibility to research and learn for ourselves.

Yes I agree totally. I guess it is left up to our discretion how we interpret the aspects. This thread is interesting nonetheless.

CapAquaPis

I have an Uranus opposite Chiron, my sun/moon sign ruler Uranus happens to be in 5th (born 1980, thus Uranus is in Scorpio) opposite Chiron in 11th. I'm from a family with a history of alcoholism, drug abuse, heavy use of tobacco and my constant urge to kick the caffeine habit. Sun and Moon are squaring the two planets...to form a "T" on my natal chart, I'm concerned on developing an addiction to something harder, but I hardly drink beer and never smoked cigs.

Lonerose99

Hmm... Chiron in 12 in Cap opposite Uranus in 6 in Can... with Jupiter conj Uranus in 6 so Chiron is also opp Jupiter.
Addictions? No drugs...not alcohol either... However, I find myself around both types from time to time. Cigarettes yes, but quit 9 yrs ago after 40... 3yrs later came the onset of COPD. Don't need oxygen yet though, but I do have to take med for it.
Addictive/excessive worry over worst case scenario kind of thing that never happens. I have to tell my mind to shut up at times when I get like that. It feels like a hamster round and round on a wheel!