Are you a "Martian" type of person?

wan

And by martian, I mean having Mars in an angular house, or a mars that makes a lot of aspects, or just generally a very prominent mars in the chart.

I think my Mars is quite prominent. Not only is he in an angular house, he is also the cutting planet of my bowl chart. He is in Gemini. And I think I can be very aggressive (a mars trait) with words (a Gemini domain). This is how I think my mars manifests.

So, how does your Mars manifest for you?

OuterPlanets89

I would say so, but my Mars operates in a number of different ways, so it's hard to find the best outlet for my Martian energy.

I also have a bowl chart, (T-Square within a Cradle), and my Mars is at the apex of the T-Square in Libra (12th), conjunct my Sun (and loosely Virgo Merc 11th), and square Jupiter (9th) in Cancer and Saturn/Uranus/Neptune (3rd) in Capricorn.

I'm generally restless, and I usually have a lot of projects/interests I'm working on, but I also tend to burnout because I rarely pace myself.

But the funny thing is that many people didn't see my 12th H Mars much up until the last few years, when it moved into my Progressed 1st H. Now I feel more likely to overwhelm people with all of its aspects being more on the surface of my personality.

wan

Sounds like you have a lot of cardinal energy, Outer. Too bad they are all in cadent houses! If you were born slightly earlier, they would all be angular.

Yes I love angular planets.

OuterPlanets89

Sounds like you have a lot of cardinal energy, Outer. Too bad they are all in cadent houses! If you were born slightly earlier, they would all be angular.

Yes I love angular planets.
Indeed. My only angular planets are Venus and Pluto conjunct in the 1st. Also have SN/NN in the 10th/4th.

Which houses make up your bowl? Is it N/E/W/S hemisphere centric? Mine being East, I tend to hate asking for help. But while my relationship side of the chart (Hs 4-8) are empty, my planets are mostly in relationship signs. Someday I'll learn to balance it all...

Last edited:

wan

East? Do you mean on the right side of the chart?

That's where all my planets lie. From the 4th to the 10th. And yes, I am very people/relationship-focused. When I was younger I desperately wanted a boyfriend. I don't feel that way about romance anymore but I still really like the company of people. At one of my jobs I work alone but my work station is located right next to the service desk of another business and I constantly try to eavesdrop on their conversations, lol.

Also, you have Venus and Pluto in your 1st house. These two are very sexy, magnetic planets. I bet you draw lovers into your life like crazy.

OuterPlanets89

East? Do you mean on the right side of the chart?

That's where all my planets lie. From the 4th to the 10th. And yes, I am very people/relationship-focused. When I was younger I desperately wanted a boyfriend. I don't feel that way about romance anymore but I still really like the company of people. At one of my jobs I work alone but my work station is located right next to the service desk of another business and I constantly try to eavesdrop on their conversations, lol.

Also, you have Venus and Pluto in your 1st house. These two are very sexy, magnetic planets. I bet you draw lovers into your life like crazy.
Ah so you're Western hemisphere dominant. That's interesting being Mars-heavy and people-centric. My brother-in-law is Aries dominant and most of his chart is between houses 6-9, and he's a pretty balanced guy.

East = 10/11/12/1/2/3 houses
West = 4/5/6/7/8/9 houses
North = 1/2/3/4/5/6 houses
South = 7/8/9/10/11/12 houses

And the Venus/Pluto conjunction has probably been more negative than positive so far in my life. A lot of the time I just want to be alone (with my 12th H Sun/Mars). I was definitely a romantic for most of my life, but I think I've learned that any deep relationship involving my Venus/Pluto will never be healthy unless I can be completely happy on my own. I guess this is where my 4th H Aquarius NN comes in, which conveniently squares my Venus.

Do you have a T-Square in your bowl?

wan

I see!

No, I do not have a T-square in my bowl chart, because my bowl is not a perfect one. It has the two rims at Sag at 17 degree (Neptune) and Mars in Gemini at 25 degree. Some people consider the orb to be too wide and this is what I think, too. Although my Neptune does square my Saturn at 12 degrees Virgo. My Saturn definitely does not aspect Mars (one is at 25 and the other at 12). There actually aren't a whole lot of aspects within my chart. Nothing really aspects anything. Apart from my Neptune-Saturn square (which isn't all that significant cause the planets involved aren't personal), I only have a Mars quincunx Moon that is sort of worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Would you consider this chart "Martian"
:ninja:

Attachments

• Chart1.jpg
    Chart1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 63

conspiracy theorist

I'd say so. It's in Sagittarius, conjunct the ascendant within 2 degrees, conjunct Jupiter, in an out-of-sign conjunction with Venus, OOB, Almuten Figuris and I was born on a Tuesday. From a modern/evolutionary perspective, there are more dimensions of "martialism" in my chart since SN is in Aries, and Sun is conjunct Pluto. For more on the link between Pluto and Mars in modern astrology, see the following link: https://theinnerwheel.com/2011/07/30/three-paths-to-wisdom-pluto-and-the-path-of-right-action/

How I think this manifests in my life is that I force myself into positions of autonomy, I'm estranged from most of my family (Mars rules the IC and is malefic out of sect), I require challenge in my life, I have very high energy levels and like to be productive (once I was forced by an employer to take a day off because I was doing so much work that they couldn't afford to pay me for), competitive, not shy about interpersonal conflict and am the loner/self-reliant type. People claim to feel a "sense of urgency" emanating from me.

One remedy that I've implemented to ensure that I remain engaged with life is to set myself a target that I can't possibly achieve if I lived even to 120 years. This helps to give the fire and martial energies something to chase indefinitely.

Last edited: