Are we there yet/Are we having fun yet?

Vallin

Maybe this goes in the books/reading forum, too.

Joanna Woolfolk, in the HIGHLY recommended 'Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need' (close to it...real close, especially with the CD-ROM birthchart program), claims that we are already IN the Aquarian Age. According to her it began with the end of WWII with the computer and the atomic bomb. As a Camelot baby of the '60's (PL in Virgo), I know I saw "the dawning of the AGE OF AQUAAAAA-REE-USSS". "Let The Sun Shine IN", ba-bay!

Most astrologers conservatively put the "new" age after 2100. Do you agree with Woolfolk, or do you think this is really an ego appeal to the baby-boomers who are actually paying her rent?! If this is true, then we are also seeing the first revolutionary PL-in-Cap of the Aquarian Age (btw: have you noticed that when PL enters a sign, it is not affected by retrogrades out of the sign. I could say all sorts-a naughty things about PL-in[^_^]Virgo! I just hope that we will follow Renaissance's advice and keep this revolution "peaceful".

Vallin

Thanks. I remember Dec. 1980 very well. I was in college, and we were all sad about John Lennon...ah, maybe that's the key. I had just learned a really cool bass solo ("Silent Wings of Freedom" by Yes, it was kinda' in honor of John), and I was taking piano lessons.

blueheron

Vallin said:
Maybe this goes in the books/reading forum, too.

Joanna Woolfolk, in the HIGHLY recommended 'Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need' (close to it...real close, especially with the CD-ROM birthchart program), claims that we are already IN the Aquarian Age. According to her it began with the end of WWII with the computer and the atomic bomb. As a Camelot baby of the '60's (PL in Virgo), I know I saw "the dawning of the AGE OF AQUAAAAA-REE-USSS". "Let The Sun Shine IN", ba-bay!

Most astrologers conservatively put the "new" age after 2100. Do you agree with Woolfolk, or do you think this is really an ego appeal to the baby-boomers who are actually paying her rent?! If this is true, then we are also seeing the first revolutionary PL-in-Cap of the Aquarian Age (btw: have you noticed that when PL enters a sign, it is not affected by retrogrades out of the sign. I could say all sorts-a naughty things about PL-in[^_^]Virgo! I just hope that we will follow Renaissance's advice and keep this revolution "peaceful".

No, I don't agree. The Age of Aquarius doesn't being in any single day, month, nor year. It's at least a 400 year cusp between ages. I think the transition to the Age of Aquarius began with the discovery of Uranus in 1891 by Herschel. (I think that's correct.) We're somewhere in the middle of the transition. But, finding the precise day, month, or year is a problem because it's impossible to tell exactly where the constellation of Pisces begins. (not the calculation of the sign of Pisces, but the constellation of Pisces... which is where the current precessional cycle is anchored.)

ageofaquarius-1.jpg

Ekim86

I'd say were in the "dawn" of the age of aquarius. We are now starting to turn our attention to the envirnoment; alternative fuels, the green house effect, recycling, to name a few. I personally feel that our religous differences are getting better as well. Slowly but surely. We are taking a step in the right direction.

"According to Rabbi Joel C Dobin the ancient Jewish Astrologers determined a new Prophetic Age by observing the Ju/Sa conjunction cycles."

Just curious about this statment. I supose there our other factors to this considering jupiter/saturn conjunction cycles don't take 2000 years to meet up. Or do they?:confused:

Lapis

Vallin said:
Most astrologers conservatively put the "new" age after 2100. Do you agree with Woolfolk, or do you think this is really an ego appeal to the baby-boomers who are actually paying her rent?!

Many of the "boomers" carry (and manifested) much of the Aquarian/Uranian energies that got things busted loose and changing back in the 60's when I was a teenager. That was their energetic Pluto in Leo jobs (Leo/Aquarius). Here we are all these years later and a second wave of that "system busting" Aquarian energy is being further carried (and manifested) by another generation. Cycles within cycles....

I absolutely feel we are well into the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. If you doubt this just watch TV with this in mind and you'll see so much of the less than perfect characteristics of both Aquarius and Leo. It's everywhere....

I also feel that these energies began manifesting with the physical discovery of Uranus in 1891. I do not believe however, that it's going to take a few hundred more years before all of humanity is fully functioning within the "new Age" energies and consciousness. We've got to take into consideration how time is increasingly compressed or seemingly speeding up. There's a lot going on now and even more to come between now and 2011 and 2012. We don't require (or have) 3 or 4 hundred years on the cusp of Ages. The transition into the Age Aquarius is profoundly fast this time around for numerous reasons. Just my opinion however. :) How fast has time been moving for you lately? ;)

Vallin

Let me first apologize for webtv at home for all the Pic->Aqu anomalies ("Dai-zee, Dai-zeee...": guess what my all-time favorite movie is!). I have to 3rd-space at the library 2 days/week. Thanks EVERYONE for getting into this thread. Your ideas and opinions are helpful. This is the first thread I've ever started; it's exciting!

To answer the last question...I'm a struggling musician/bookseller (plug-plug: get the Woolfolk at Barnes & Noble. Tell 'em Vallin at GA Tech sent ya') NO! Things are NOT moving fast enough. I'm reading 'The Beatles' by Bob Spitz (bargain@BN) and feeling very frustrated. I'm a major Brit-invasion fan (www.groups.yahoo.com/group/songforallseasons).

I had this thought yesterday. Think about Abu Garib/Iraq-yadda-yadda.... OK, remember Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in 'A Few Good Men'--the court scene: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" I feel a lot of that in my personal life right now (Nep entered my IVth house permanently a few months ago. Albums to hear: 'Neptune City' Nicole Atkins and 'Back To Black' Amy Winehouse).

Vallin

Vallin

More reasons The Beatles started the Age of Aquarius for my benefit:D--
Feb. 21 1961 (my conception) Beatles debut at The Cavern
Oct. 28- Nov. 1 1961 Brian Epstien finds out "What about these Beatles?"
and sees them for the first time at Cavern. "My Bonnie" sold out 3 copies
in 3 days at his record shop. Read 'The Beatles' by Bob Spitz, available at
bargain $5.98 at Barnes & Noble or bn.com.

Vallin

JerryRR said:
Hi Vallin,
Thanks for your reply.
John Lennon had an almost exact Ju/Sa conjunction in Taurus in his chart.

Dobin calls the conjunction on Feb 19 1961 at 0.03 at 25CAP12 the Magnificent Conjunction and the end of the Pisces Age,seems appropriate for Camelot.
I will see what else I can up come with.
Catch you later.
Jerry.

See today's entry about The Beatles at the Cavern Feb. 21 1961

smilingsteph

Lapis said:
I also feel that these energies began manifesting with the physical discovery of Uranus in 1891. I do not believe however, that it's going to take a few hundred more years before all of humanity is fully functioning within the "new Age" energies and consciousness. We've got to take into consideration how time is increasingly compressed or seemingly speeding up. There's a lot going on now and even more to come between now and 2011 and 2012. We don't require (or have) 3 or 4 hundred years on the cusp of Ages. The transition into the Age Aquarius is profoundly fast this time around for numerous reasons. Just my opinion however. :) How fast has time been moving for you lately? ;)

I agree!

The shift of consciousness in the 60's was due to a trend. The government was very autorcratic in a way; people still did not have the sense that they could and did have a voice in the democracy (which is still sort of a joke to me). In the 60's eyes were opening to the disaray around; however, the changes that took place during that time was just a stage to set up the perception to the newfound awareness of the ability of one person to an entire groups ability to to speak out and make changes. Civil rights and the anti-war movement was radical at the time, which now was very necessary to propel us to the next trend of upheaval; to eventually lend itself to the actual age of Aquarius.

Somehow I akin this to the law of thermodynamics:
Order before disorder
Entropy- greek for "turning toward" or "a turning" (to the age of aquarius)
We are heating up our atmosphere faster and faster, increasing entropy- ice caps melting due to global warming
Entropy has a forward effect, we had order, now we have disorder...disorder increases at a chaotic rate, therefore the forward action becomes faster and faster.
We are gestating within the age of aquarius, we are realizing that everything we do has an effect on mankind as a whole entity!
We are finally noticing that it is our action that is having a reaction universally around us.
In order for there to be a macrocosm of equality, brotherhood and social reform we need some eye-opening, life-altering, spiritual bonding before we can totally be in the age of aquarius.

Last edited:

Vallin

Re: PL conj UR (charmvirgo)

'Revolver', 'Pet Sounds', 'The Doors', 'Sgt. Pepper'...that's just 1966-1967 up to Monterey. The beginning of the full conjunction.

I was born Nov.21 1961 5:38a Wash. DC. PL and UR are just inside 10 deg's, but I have Mars 5Sag22 in my first house ("Burn Baby, Burn") squaring the midpoint. Mars also conj's my SKORP sun. ("I'm too hot ta' handle, now yesser-am!")

Night Sky

Here is a question... eh... maybe someone could give me a lesson on it... if you don't mind.

What's the "age of aquarius" meant to bring, what does it mean, why do people talk about it and what difference does it make... I see people acting and behaving the same as they've done through my history books... Now as they did in the 12th century, if not even more brutally, without compassion, without feeling, and a total disregard for both human and animal life... Some age of aquarius:rolleyes: .

If it's true and the age of Pisces is over, I guess that the age of compassion and spiritual awareness is over too as these are the Pisces traits.

This is what the Age of Aquarius is about: Materialism (Saturn), Science and SOCIAL SCIENCE which has no conscience (Uranus) good examples of these are: Fascism, Marxism, Sociology, Psychology, destruction of the world's resourses (Sun in Aquarius = Detriment), too many people (Aquarius is a human)... who waters the earth... perhaps also, global warming WILL flood the world after all.

I know it's the precession of the equinoxes etc. etc. due to the Earth's wobble, and I've read some esoteric astrology which talks about it, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus on the matter... People seem to write whatever they feel like writing on it, but I suspect their motives and real reasons.

So here is my thought: The AGE OF AQUARIUS began with the discovery of Uranus... at this point in time the Earth's Inclination was in a WIDE orb which is why it only started things off. An 8degrees orb gives us a little bit of the energy associated... 3 degrees and it's rocking... 00 degrees and that's the main show....

My guess is that we're about 4 degrees away. But perhaps an Astronomer can give some real accuracy... I think I remember someone saying that the actual astronomical time of this so called SHIFT is in the mid 2600 AD.

Either way, I think the Age of Pisces was probably better and I'm seriously thinking of boycotting the age of aquarius. I just don't feel it.;)

Vallin

JerryRR said:
The Musical 'Hair' opened off Broadway on Oct 29th 1967.
'This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius'

Vallin did you know Liverpool is a Scorpio City?
Great City lovely people.

Have you tried relocating your chart to Liverpool,53n25 3w00? Just an idea.

In Jan 62 the Beatles were rejected by the recording company Decca,their EXPERTS believed that they would never make it to the music charts.Whoops!!!

Jerry.

Yeah (yeah yeah) I know Liverpool is Skorp town. So is Wash. DC where I wuz bawn...early, lawd, one frosty morn. So is N'waw-linz where "Tutti Frutti" and "Girl Cain't Hep-it" were recorded. Oh yeah...Dick Rowe of Decca. When Andrew Loog Oldham brought him the demo of the Stones, he took one puff off his cig' and signed them on the spot. Also Da' 'OO [Who] and The Moody Blues...so as not to be fooled again.

I love England; I'd love to stay there in the summer, but I just moved to Atlanta after FREEZING for 12 years in NYC. I can't do cold, no matter how Romantic. There's another member here--charmvirgo--who lives 15 minutes from ABBEY ROAD, and has lived there all her life. I run 6 days a week: Could you "imagine";) passing THAT intersection every day. Genuflect baby!

Vallin

I'm getting a bit bored with Age of Pisces, really. I think Age of Aquarius might be very Atlas Shrugged,...or Anthem. Ayn Rand was an Aquarian. I think she was a Skorp risisng...and we're always right :D!!

smilingsteph

I guess I dont get this thread....
I am 29, maybe that is why...:D
Do you all have any current information as to why you think that we are in the age of aquarius, rather than using Ringo and the Beatles as hard evidence? ;) ;) ;)

Night Sky

smilingsteph said:
I guess I dont get this thread....
I am 29, maybe that is why...:D
Do you all have any current information as to why you think that we are in the age of aquarius, rather than using Ringo and the Beatles as hard evidence? ;) ;) ;)

Hi Smiling Steph,

I too am baffled as to what the Beatles have to do with it. The sixties, if anything was a mini Age of Virgo.

The Aquarian themes, I mentioned in that last post when I joined this thread, which are simply observations of some Aquarian themes which began circa the discovery of Uranus in the 18th Century... Science, rationalism, - all emotionally detached modes of thinking and ideologies. Along with politically fixed governments (as Aquarius is fixed...) and rule by "the people" whether this be democracy or communism... Both are Aquarian ideologies.

The Beatles was a product of the Uranus-Pluto conjunction which produces "crazes" Beatles (small insects are Virgoan.);)

Vallin

for Night Sky and smilingsteph

I like your thread. Relative to revolutionary Pluto-in-Cap ('da BIG Kahuna) I realize that the '60's were a mini-revolution: really more talk than action. Does anyone have info on Pluto-in-Virgo in the early 1700's? Rousseau and David Hume were born then, but I think Casanova has Pluto in Libra.

"Little insects" ("beetles") hmmm...I like it. Remember the Volkswagon and economy compact cars first appeared in the '60': products aimed at the youth market.

Trends now are so (ZZ-zzzzzz) obvious...the internet,...green (yeah, yeah, yeah). I WOULD suggest specifically Yahoo!, Google, Wiki because they have so personalized the era (like '360' the yahoo blog)