Late degree cusps - who presides?

AtlanticPacific

Curious how folks here who use quadrant systems view late degree house cusps (or angles) and rulership. As an example, my IC is at 28 degrees Taurus in Placidus. Would you consider Venus the primary ruler with Mercury as a secondary (or lesser, so to speak) co-ruler? Or would you give equal weight to both rulerships? Or apply sole rulership and influence to Venus alone?

Interested in perspectives on who pulls more "weight" when it comes to late degree house cusps + the house rulers. :smile:

sandrang123

I have similar degrees (29s and 0s) in my chart (see below). I would say at 28 degrees you are fairly heavy with Venus rulership.

AtlanticPacific

Thank you Vyri, for that very interesting perspective! Looks like our MC/IC are almost identical, except reversed as my MC is at 28 Scorp. :cool:

I have not heard this: "The last degrees of any sign carry the face/degrees of Saturn/Mars as tools" and it was very interesting! I noted you omitted Venus from the list of influencers - as ruler of your MC in the case of your chart, would she not play a role?

CapAquaPis

Would it hafta be the sun in the very sign (29' Cancer-Cancer, 0' Leo-Leo, for example) which is your astrological sun sign or identity. However, you would have traits of the adjacent sign. An emotional Cancer will be a dramatic Leo.