Pluto in Scorpio in 1st house

Lilith71

I am Scorpio Rising with Pluto in Scorpio in 1st house, so want to know, what you guys think about this? And who has the same Pluto position?

imsia434

I don't really have that so I can't say much.
My pluto is in 8th house in libra conjunct saturn and mars.

But I don't know, they say pluto relates to power so maybe people see you as powerful in a way?

Also it relates to death so maybe you are drive to places where there is some destruction and recreation?

Also with scorpio rising maybe you would be sort of shy and introverted?
I have pisces rising and it does make me introverted.
But scorpio is a bit different I think, some scorpios are very introverted while others are super extroverted.

For example Justin Bieber has pluto on his ascendant and he's one of the most popular people in the planet so there's nothing set in stone by astrology.
You can't really draw any conclusions.

Last edited:

Lilith71

I can be introverted sometimes, but it depends, not always. People find me weird, I can be myterious very and can be very destructive.

imsia434

yeah this happens to me a bit.
but it's not like I'm destructive.
destruction, death, rebirth, happens around me, I'm just looking at it like if I was watching a movie.

Slenkar

I have Pluto in Libra conjunct ascendant.
It doesnt really affect me much, Pluto probably doesnt like the sign of Libra.
I can look intense when I want to , but not without some effort.

Im thinking maybe Pluto in Scorpio in first would make you intense looking, but also maybe give you some kind of magnetism?

imsia434

maybe outer planets affect us more than give us certain characteristics.
it's like we can't really own them, we are subject to their will...

Lilith71

Pluto actually is most dominant Planet in my Natal Chart and can feel it very, but I don't have a problem with it, I like it, I can be very aggressive, I love dark things, when I am interested in something, it can turn into an opsession. On the other side, I can read someone in a second, how they feel, what they think, can be really nice but can be very rude when someone's playing with me. Yes I have really intense eyes, and people always tell me that. :D

imsia434

I'm not sure being aggressive is really part of pluto's power or aim.
Cause being aggressive is trying to impose yourself, your will, not wanting your ego to die.

And pluto deep inside is about your ego and your self dying in some way.

So maybe a person who avoids confrontation is actually more plutonian than a person who is "aggressive" or "dominant".
Those sound more like characteristics of mars, the lower octave of pluto.

Lilith71

Well I have Mars in Cancer in 9th house, maybe it can be, cause Mars in Cancer can mean passive aggressiveness and I can explode in a second. It's not something I'm proud of, but can't control myself sometimes.

imsia434

yeah, to me pluto would be more like you do something to them and they won't react in any way, they won't show any emotion or reaction.
but deep inside they may be full of feelings and all sorts of reactions.
they just don't show them.

I'm quite plutonian myself, here's my chart.

Attachments

• as1.jpg
    as1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 34
same position for me

as well as venus in scorpio

its super intense in all aspects,impressions as well as emotions run deep.

scorpio is either my dominant or second most dominant depending on which measures you use to calculate.

lucky for me i have heavy capricorn influence to keep me grounded, otherwise i would go of the rails for sure

Lilith71

Most dominant signs in my chart are Aquarius, Capricorn and Scorpio and about Pluto aspects, I have Pluto trine my Moon and Mars and square my Venus and Saturn.
Well people find me shocking in good or bad way, depends on them.

FROG

What I write here is merely textbook knowledge, but it may help you understand the basics so you can expand your understanding from there.

The 1st house represents the layer between you inside and the rest of the world. It refers to your style or the quick impression you make upon entering a room, or similar. Sometimes it is referred to as a mask or shell.

So you put Scorpio on that, and you have a very deep sensitivity that doesn't express itself, like a Leo would. No drama. This sort of sensitivity feels it all, but tends to hold it in, thinking that it is one's responsibility to do so. The books say Scorpio feels it all, but thinks everyone has these intense feelings, and everyone is expected to keep it to themselves. So there's composure with intense sensitivity inside. The Scorpio character is able to distill immense amounts amounts data and observations down to concise summary statement or statements, which are often painfully accurate. There's the association with the Scorpion itself. The sting.

Pluto rules Scorpio. Pluto is all about transformation, and the power and controls required to effect the transformation.

Pluto in the chart can represent a sort of 'power' you have in this life, which was probably polished in the past life. You get to have it here and use it, but you are also asked to solve some problems using skills that would be directly opposed to it. You can see the folly in a character that uses their one special power to solve problems too much. So here's the plan, to offset that. Solve some problems the other way. For example, with Pluto in the First House, you are particular skilled at solving things on your own, going solo. So now, plan on solving some problems going tandem for a change! You have Pluto is Scorpio. The opposite is Taurus. The opposite style would be the physical, hands on activity, of Taurus, in lieu of the intense emotional/mental power of Scorpio. Where emotions are intense and deep in Scorpio, they are simple, peaceful, perhaps even monotonous by comparison to Scorpio.

Pluto, the Transformer, in the 1st, can give you a superficial reputation of being the one who easily culls the excess from any process, swiftly, almost heartlessly, to the quick, only to rebuild, retool for a better future. You could be known for being able to talk about death and decay much more easily than others, because to you, it's just the first step to getting better.

Many sources say that this Pluto/Scorpio 1st house person will experience things which cause very intense feelings, and so it's likely that there is something about that person's appearance which has been transformed by trauma. As life goes on, when there are multiple harsh aspects to natal, progressed, directed, or return charts, there is a high likelihood of more trauma. This life experience is not meant to ruin one's life, but rather, to enhance it. As a blind person gains superior sensitivity to the finger tips to compensate, so too this Scorpio person adapts powers and abilities to overcome obstacles. There is something soulful to be gained by this. Look to the contrast between South (past) and North (future) Nodes, for clues.

You are the transformer. You are being transformed. Who better to know how to effect change, or why, or how? You have a soulful purpose, and nothing shallower than that will ever satisfy you. The rest of us look to you for examples, wisdom, guidance through the arduous changes in our lives. Some of us cannot weed. Some of us cannot sow. Few of the rest of us can make sense out of so much stimulation, and recover from it the way you do.

Because Pluto moves so slowly, there is generation of people born with Pluto in the same sign. You will share some similarities as a result. But the house where your Pluto is, and the aspects to your personal planets from Pluto, will give more information about how it expresses in your chart.

Well, that's the textbook knowledge.
Feedback is welcome!

You may want to read this:
http://www.theastrologyplace.uk/2009/09/pluto-in-libra-in-1st-house.html

Lilith71

What I write here is merely textbook knowledge, but it may help you understand the basics so you can expand your understanding from there.

The 1st house represents the layer between you inside and the rest of the world. It refers to your style or the quick impression you make upon entering a room, or similar. Sometimes it is referred to as a mask or shell.

So you put Scorpio on that, and you have a very deep sensitivity that doesn't express itself, like a Leo would. No drama. This sort of sensitivity feels it all, but tends to hold it in, thinking that it is one's responsibility to do so. The books say Scorpio feels it all, but thinks everyone has these intense feelings, and everyone is expected to keep it to themselves. So there's composure with intense sensitivity inside. The Scorpio character is able to distill immense amounts amounts data and observations down to concise summary statement or statements, which are often painfully accurate. There's the association with the Scorpion itself. The sting.

Pluto rules Scorpio. Pluto is all about transformation, and the power and controls required to effect the transformation.

Pluto in the chart can represent a sort of 'power' you have in this life, which was probably polished in the past life. You get to have it here and use it, but you are also asked to solve some problems using skills that would be directly opposed to it. You can see the folly in a character that uses their one special power to solve problems too much. So here's the plan, to offset that. Solve some problems the other way. For example, with Pluto in the First House, you are particular skilled at solving things on your own, going solo. So now, plan on solving some problems going tandem for a change! You have Pluto is Scorpio. The opposite is Taurus. The opposite style would be the physical, hands on activity, of Taurus, in lieu of the intense emotional/mental power of Scorpio. Where emotions are intense and deep in Scorpio, they are simple, peaceful, perhaps even monotonous by comparison to Scorpio.

Pluto, the Transformer, in the 1st, can give you a superficial reputation of being the one who easily culls the excess from any process, swiftly, almost heartlessly, to the quick, only to rebuild, retool for a better future. You could be known for being able to talk about death and decay much more easily than others, because to you, it's just the first step to getting better.

Many sources say that this Pluto/Scorpio 1st house person will experience things which cause very intense feelings, and so it's likely that there is something about that person's appearance which has been transformed by trauma. As life goes on, when there are multiple harsh aspects to natal, progressed, directed, or return charts, there is a high likelihood of more trauma. This life experience is not meant to ruin one's life, but rather, to enhance it. As a blind person gains superior sensitivity to the finger tips to compensate, so too this Scorpio person adapts powers and abilities to overcome obstacles. There is something soulful to be gained by this. Look to the contrast between South (past) and North (future) Nodes, for clues.

You are the transformer. You are being transformed. Who better to know how to effect change, or why, or how? You have a soulful purpose, and nothing shallower than that will ever satisfy you. The rest of us look to you for examples, wisdom, guidance through the arduous changes in our lives. Some of us cannot weed. Some of us cannot sow. Few of the rest of us can make sense out of so much stimulation, and recover from it the way you do.

Because Pluto moves so slowly, there is generation of people born with Pluto in the same sign. You will share some similarities as a result. But the house where your Pluto is, and the aspects to your personal planets from Pluto, will give more information about how it expresses in your chart.

Feedback is welcome!

Ooo thanks for this, there's a lot of truth here, I find myself in this text. :O :D

FROG

You find yourself in the text that is in the link I gave, or the text that I wrote?

How do you think Pluto in Scorpio expresses itself for 'your generation'? What do you have in common that would fit this Scorpio theme?

ocho

Feedback is welcome!

Would this play out similar to one having Pluto in the 7th tightly opposing the ascendant?

You find yourself in the text that is in the link I gave, or the text that I wrote?

How do you think Pluto in Scorpio expresses itself for 'your generation'? What do you have in common that would fit this Scorpio theme?

that was a great article, as well as a very good post.

i think its difficult to say how pluto scorpio generation expresses itself since we're quite young still, but time will tell i suppose

Last edited:

Lilith71

In both. Yes, Ricktatorship is right.

FROG

Hello Ocho
Yes, there is some similarity.
I looked at your chart, posted on another question.
Pluto is in Scorpio in your chart.
Pluto is considered to be on the angle, or conjunct the Descendent, as well as being in the 7th house. So in your case it plays a strong role all over the chart.
I will send you a private message with some more info.

This "power" you have deals with partnerships of all kinds, and all the qualities of partnership. You have an ability there, developed in the last life. You can use it here. But you are also asked to do just the opposite at times, to build the opposite skill, as you move along to do your North Node mission.

So your Pluto expresses itself, not as you or your mask, but rather, in the way you buddy up, or you work as a partner with someone. I've seen in some cases, that the partner can be a pet, too.

Because you have this ability, you may tend to want to do everything with a partner, bff, etc. But, you will actually move along your path with less stress, if you learn to do some thing alone, rather than resort to using your ability to manipulate, and do it as a team. I'm not saying you would always manipulate. I'm saying, you have the ability to do, with extra power. So be careful.

What I see this means, is that in some manner your style, with the Taurus sign on the house, will hope to manifest the deep feeling and sharp mind of your Pluto in Scorpio talent, into some physical form (Taurus 1st house). Taurus appearance can be strong, enduring, reliable, muscular, peaceful, and even be timeless beauty that would shine in any century. It can be sensitive and Moon-y, too, in the way one feels at peace alone in the woods, or near a stream.

It can also be the most unbending stubborn like a mule, moveable as a tree in the same forest, or even just plain lazy! It all depends.

To me, navigating between Scorpio and Taurus, in this direction, will also honor that pithy Scorpio skill to distill a thesis into one sentence, and the Taurus desire to get back to basics, even primitive standards. Your appearance or mask may be free of adornment, but represent the highly developed skills within, by a natural eloquence and beauty in its natural state.

Some may choose to wear holey old tshirts that are dear friends from big adventure days, and they eschew the use of a razor anywhere on there body. In fact, to them, body odor is a natural thing, not to be masked, and has its purpose, as do all the scents of natural things, living or otherwise. They want to be at one with nature, and simplify, simplify, to the point of barely separating themselves from the woods where they want to be. They don't fit in urban settings with air conditioning, precious furniture, fashion for looks, social customs that no longer serve a good purpose. All that stuff is superfluous, and in the way, of what they want to put out there as their style. They want to get back to vital basics and doing things right. As a matter of fact these kinds have been known to start or join barefoot backpacking clubs, of all things.....

So I've carried that point to the extreme, just to show how far it can go.

In your chart, Ocho, you have the North Node in the early degrees of Scorpio. So the understanding is that in the last life you had, there was a strong Taurus flavor. The rule is to interpret all past life information negatively, so in this case, the interpretation would be that the past life was physically harsh. Further, your South Node is in your 12 th house, to say that it was either self undoing life, or selfless to a fault, and/or it may have been a hidden life, or shrouded in secrets, or colored heavily by loss. In that life there wasn't much chance to be sensitive to your physical or emotional needs. So in this life, you are encouraged to make good habits for eating, sleeping, and all routines in life, and reactivate a sense of steering the quality of your life by exercising these options. You get to feel the effort of this intensely with Scorpio sign, but you can also excel at choosing expertly, what fits in the routine and what is just fluff, insubstantial for your purposes. You are encouraged to put the Scorpio twist on your work environment, employers, employees, and even your pets, because they are all 6th house subjects. Oh there's so much to explain here. Keep asking questions.

I like to encourage the native (person who has this in their chart), to work on their belief system, principles, morals, religion, along with this. The belief system is not expressed strongly in this Taurus to Scorpio evolution, but if it is not attended to, the darker Plutonian nature of this change takes over, and just destroys and weeds, but fails to keep the sow and reap phase in mind. Scorpio is strongly associated with the inevitable return we get for every kind or mean thing we do. The deeper you can instill in yourself, that you are part of the circle, to clear the field, prepare the soil, and continue the cycle, the better you will navigate what life brings to you.

And finally, it would be wrong of me not to mention that your Ascendent, Ocho, is in a sensitive part of the sky, which is not associated with good news! This doesn't need to ruin your entire life, though. I'm rather familiar with a couple people who have this, or who have it on their Descendent, so it is their spouse who is the bad news, and yet both of these people have flourished. If you haven't already had a head injury, then please be aware that you are vulnerable to this. Error on the side of caution and use the helmets when they are supposed to be worn, and don't cut corners. If you've had the injury, know that there is a huge population of folks of all skill levels living life with theirs, so in spite of big change in life, you can still have a rewarding life. Remember that in this life, with bad stuff happens, you are no longer a victim of circumstances as you were in the past life. This time you have power to transform your routines, practices, working conditions, and refresh your lifestyle back to a rewarding situation again. FYI: The key words to read about, regarding the sensitive Ascendant in your chart, are Pleiaides, Alycon, and Algol.

I must stop writing for now.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I am Scorpio Rising with Pluto in Scorpio in 1st house, so want to know,

what you guys think about this
?

And who has the same Pluto position?
Planetary Rulers of the Signs

. source: astro.com http://www.astro.com/mtp/mtp63_e.htm

image073.jpg

The outer planets are newcomers
modern astrologers have attempted to add these to this existing two thousand year old model:
Pluto as the modern ruler of Scorpio
Uranus as the modern ruler of Aquarius
and Neptune as the modern ruler of Pisces.

astrologers have highlighted the fact that it is impossible to 'crowbar in'
or force these modern rulers into the original rulership table
because it simply destabilizes the original
without adding anything of use
- so this matter is much in debate currently in astrology and not 'set in stone' by any means
:smile:

Just as an historical interlude
that some people may find interesting, it's note worthy that modern rulerships were assigned not because of some arduous research and investigation
- as you often hear from many modern astrologers,
but instead by astrologers of the time, cogniscant of the tradition of rulership, basically went ahead and followed Ptolemy's logic,
by assigning the next planet out with the next sign out.
So flowing from the Sun is the rulership scheme which normally reflects back to the Moon,
but breaking this they just carried on projecting out from the sun.
So the next out from the Sun is Mercury, then Venus, then Mars, then Jupiter and then Saturn,
and then when Uranus was discovered we see astrologers explicitly invent the rulership to Aquarius
because Aquarius is the next sign out after Capricorn,
then when Neptune comes along it's assigned the next one out which is Pisces.

This is explicitly stated in the very earliest sources we have for modern rulership.

So the outer planetary rulerships came about by trying to stay true to the tradition at large,
and absolutely not by channelling or study of numerous charts.

Then Pluto was discovered
and by this stage in the history our understanding of astrology, already getting watered down by the time of Uranus' discovery, find itself in a time where astrology is no longer in the hands of the educated as it once was,
but in the hands of the masses, during a time when it was already simplified and watered down and projected through a pseudo-religious lens of the Theosophical movement.

Pluto is discovered and the pattern continues.
It is assigned to Aries and there is a conference in Germany to discuss the matter more fully.
UNANIMOUS agreement dictates that Pluto rules Aries,
and the counter idea,
that some were positing at the time,
that it should rule Scorpio are squashed.

Until someone beats them to print
and writes up the attributions of Pluto and that it rules Scorpio.

The author beat them to print and published a successful book and the rest is history.

It stuck, and from that day forth Pluto magically started ruling Scorpio.

I point this out because in the context of rulership even the modern rulership scheme bows to the traditional logic as much as it can.
It does not reinvent anything, instead it recognises the superiority of the traditional schema and tries to accommodate itself into it as much as it can.

The only exception is that the general lack of understanding of the broader tradition by the time of Pluto amongst the basic astrologer,
thanks to a deliberate watering down of astrological technique
coupled with the unlucky timing of Pluto coming out when the astrological world was still struggling to emerge from the mini-dark period it underwent
meant that one of the outers went to another sign.
WHAT MAKES AN ASTROLOGICAL PLANET http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82349

IS PLUTO AN ASTROLOGICAL PLANET?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80531