Jupiter transiting Scorpio

Purple9

I do not look at transits much as I am still spending time exploring the natals. But I got curious about the impending entry of Jupiter into Scorpio.
A bit of background:
The last time it was there it was a really important time for me. I had just become a mother and during the transit I had finally landed a job, thanks to external assistance, I could only previously dream of. Arguably I also found issues cropping up that were previously hidden from view pertaining to my 8th house matters and ever since then, the area of my life relating to marriage and joint resources (and intimacy) was imploding while my job was keeping us afloat. I had then begun a recovery from massive anxiety disorder, smoothly, gradually and progressively during this time given also my helpful Neptune contacts assisting this recovery. I had learned how to stand on my own two feet and indeed this was a period of tremendous transformation and growth for me in so many ways.

My question is actually basic: Am I right to assume that the Jupiter in Scorpio will again activate my 10th (Scorpio cusp), 7th (where Jupiter sits exalted) and 8th houses (home of Scorpio) for better or for worse in this round?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Purple progressed chart.jpg
    Purple progressed chart.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 40

kshantaram

Premium Member
scorpio inimical for cap asc, stress-delays in career,
research-occult aptitudes,
jup transit scorpio 10th, 2nd from moon good,
advisory-research leadership roles, but under stress-delay;
jup transit 10th could invoke impact of natal jup elevated cancer 7th,

while care from urological-liver health issues over inimical scorpio;
jup lord 12th for health-hospitalisation-hurdles-losses-foreign lands too;

jup scorpio trine own pisces 2nd good for family-finances,
and trine elevated aspect over natal jup cancer 7th
good for marriage-relationship-knowledge leadership and growth thereby;

sat heading towards own cap asc,
ambitious, hardworking, event management;
natal sat leo 8th, prone to chronic disease
- heart/stomach-urological etc
transit sat asc could invoke the natal result of asc lord sat 8th;

sat leo administrative, autocratic;

rahu north node recently transit mars-rahu-sat 8th,
prone to chronic toxic health issues;

ketu separative south node now transit acq,
pain-injury throat-tooth-lower legs-sciatica-head etc;
detachment from/impacting-contracting family-fin-bank balance to watch/care;

hope this helps, do share feedbacks how true-insightful-prospective etc

wishing well from jup transit scorpio 10th, but under stress-delays,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Purple9

scorpio inimical for cap asc, stress-delays in career,
advisory-research leadership roles, but under stress-delay;
jup transit 10th could invoke impact of natal jup elevated cancer 7th,

while care from urological-liver health issues over inimical scorpio;
jup lord 12th for health-hospitalisation-hurdles-losses-foreign lands too;

jup scorpio trine own pisces 2nd good for family-finances,
and trine elevated aspect over natal jup cancer 7th
good for marriage-relationship-knowledge leadership and growth thereby;

sat heading towards own cap asc,
ambitious, hardworking, event management;
natal sat leo 8th, prone to chronic disease
- heart/stomach-urological etc
transit sat asc could invoke the natal result;
sat leo administrative, autocratic;

rahu north node recently transit mars-rahu-sat 8th,
prone to chronic toxic health issues;

ketu separative south node now transit acq,
pain-injury throat-tooth-lower legs-sciatica-head etc;
detachment from family-finances to watch/care;

hope this helps, do share feedbacks how true-insightful-prospective etc

wishing well from jup transit scorpio 10th, under stress-delays,

kshantaram

Hi kshantaram and thank you for your time!

"scorpio inimical for cap asc, stress-delays in career,
advisory-research leadership roles, but under stress-delay"

I work in research. In the last Jupiter Scorpio transit I landed that job (can't believe it has already been 11 years!).

"transit sat asc could invoke the natal result"
Can you please explain what you mean by this? Are you referring to the possible chronic health issues or I missed the point? Currently the only issue that seems to be developing is in the spinal column, which some sources suggest fall under Leo and would certainly be further highlighted with Saturn? I am not looking forward to potential heart disease though I am mindful of that possibility ... thanks for reminding me! :)

"ketu separative south node now transit acq,
....;
detachment from family-finances to watch/care;"

Can you also please explain this aspect?

Also, with reference to 2nd house, I understand it as, among other things, my income. The one that dissolves 4 days after I get paid. We do not have another source of income and there is no "family income".

Hence my question. Delays and frustrations are fine - reversal would not be fine and it is the latter I was worried about to be honest.
Many thanks again.

waybread

A sign shows how or in what manner a planet operates. In Scorpio, the water sign, it may play on your emotions. But it is interesting that your career is in research, as Scorpio tends to be the truth-teller who wants to strip away falsehood and pretense in its search for the bare facts. Uranus rules science: is this your research field, perchance?

Jupiter is usually the good-luck factor, so you may find your career humming along. Also, it rules higher education, so if you're not employed by a university now, this would be something to think about when it approaches your MC.

You've got that lovely partile trine between your natal Jupiter and Uranus, so your 7th house Jupiter and environs should get activated, as well. When Jupiter approaches 8 degrees Scorpio, your AC-DC axis will get activated, as well.

Incidentally Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology and Mercury is the traditional ruler. You've got a good chart for astrology on both counts.

Obviously the other planets in transit will be doing what they do when Jupiter enters Scorpio. For example, transiting Uranus square natal Venus.

I also highly recommend Robert Hand's book, Planets in Transit.

Lin

I don't understand why you posted a progressed chart when you are asking about a Jupiter returning to the sign of Scorpio (which trines your natal Jupiter.)

So please do post natal chart with the transits of the date Jupiter enters Scorpio (or the date it trines your Jupiter)....also...if you want a comparison with the previous Jupiter in Scorpio please post your natal chart with the transits of THAT entry of Jupiter into Scorpio ( or the previous date of the trine to Jupiter.)

then we can see the differences.
LIN

Last edited:

Purple9

A sign shows how or in what manner a planet operates. In Scorpio, the water sign, it may play on your emotions. But it is interesting that your career is in research, as Scorpio tends to be the truth-teller who wants to strip away falsehood and pretense in its search for the bare facts. Uranus rules science: is this your research field, perchance?

Jupiter is usually the good-luck factor, so you may find your career humming along. Also, it rules higher education, so if you're not employed by a university now, this would be something to think about when it approaches your MC.

You've got that lovely partile trine between your natal Jupiter and Uranus, so your 7th house Jupiter and environs should get activated, as well. When Jupiter approaches 8 degrees Scorpio, your AC-DC axis will get activated, as well.

Incidentally Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology and Mercury is the traditional ruler. You've got a good chart for astrology on both counts.

Obviously the other planets in transit will be doing what they do when Jupiter enters Scorpio. For example, transiting Uranus square natal Venus.

I also highly recommend Robert Hand's book, Planets in Transit.

Thank you waybread! Ok then, let's see how it goes this time around. The last time it was liberating and certainly rich and expansive. And eye-opening.
I did not look at other transits yet - I do avoid it because it takes my focus away from the 'abc' that I feel I still must cover, but I was curious about this one. Thanks for the heads up. I am already ducking for a while now so no biggie.

Yes that book has already been on my list for as soon as I have some money to 'spare'!

Thanks again.

No not scientific research though I have touched upon that during my studies, research route to psychology included some scientific research too, which was wonderful. But no it is my Mercury that is employed more than my Uranus at this time. They like how I turn statistics into stories :) And yes I am good at digging in and getting to the bottom of any data. I think my Uranus is underused and so serves to rattle the status-quo more than anything, ever since my school days. And to make sure I have some flexibility in the workplace - I can take my work with me (technology) and work on my own terms often so it makes me more comfortable as otherwise I get restless. But I don't give it much to do sadly, that Uranian spark. I guess this is why so much focus on astrology as of late - needed to let off steam. It feels so good to exercise that 'muscle' again. And to be learning so many new things this time around, older and a bit wiser.

Last edited:

Purple9

I don't understand why you posted a progressed chart when you are asking about a Jupiter returning to the sign of Scorpio (which trines your natal Jupiter.)

So please do post natal chart with the transits of the date Jupiter enters Scorpio (or the date it trines your Jupiter)....also...if you want a comparison with the previous Jupiter in Scorpio please post your natal chart with the transits of THAT entry of Jupiter into Scorpio ( or the previous date of the trine to Jupiter.)

then we can see the differences.
LIN

Honestly, I didn't think of that. I posted the first chart I found saved.
Attaching. I prepared the ones where it trines natal Jupiter. Thanks for pointing out Lin!

Attachments

• PurpleJupTransit2017.jpg
    PurpleJupTransit2017.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 19
  • PurpleJupTransit2006.jpg
    PurpleJupTransit2006.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 19

Lin

Hi Purple,
OK....I reprinted your charts (I couldn't read them they were too small and crowded) and also printed out your solar return chart for 2006 and this year plus your next solar return chart. Oddly, in 2006 Jupiter was in Scorpio in your SR chart for that year.
This year Jupiter was still in Libra .....for your solar return.

NEXT year Jupiter will be in Scorpio during your Solar Return.

Transits: OK...so....in 2006 you were also at the beginning of your Saturn return...and Saturn, as you can see, was in Leo approaching your 8th house cusp. So, yes, tests in relationships.
You didn't tell us how that worked out. Did you remain married? Or what? I assume it worked out for YOU because your natal Saturn sextiles your Sun and Mercury so whatever happened "worked" for YOU.

In 2006 Jupiter, conj Uranus, which it will always do because Uranus is at about 13 degrees of Scorpio, trined your Jupiter. TRANSIT URANUS.....very luckily, was at 13 Pisces....so what you had was a de facto grand trine.
Uranus trines Jupiter on your 7th house cusp, so no one can take that away from you.
Except Pluto....Transit Pluto has crossed your Asc and is now opposing your natal Jupiter on your 7th house. So.....are we back to relationship issues?

Transit Saturn, before it enters Capricorn, will be in late Sagi as it shows in the chart you put up for December of this year. It opposes your Sun and Mercury. So...trouble at work? Maybe there is a person who is hard to get along with? Maybe you are unhappy at work at this point? You don't give us much info.

This year's SR chart has Jupiter in Libra. But Jupiter is conjunct your 4th house cusp, which highlights your living environment. That Jupiter trines the Moon in the 7th house in Aquarius......and both Jupiter AND Moon trine Mercury in Gemini at 14 degrees in your 11th house of goals.

So a grand trine in your Solar Return chart, but not in water....but in AIR.

Not without its conflicts. Only you know what these are. In your Solar return, Saturn in Sagi at 24 trines Uranus in Aries at 27 degrees in your 10th house, so work still good I imagine. Remember that the conflicting clues are because the SR is for a whole year and the transits move on....month by month. So without specifics that's what I see.

In the Solar Return chart for NEXT year (June) Jupiter IS in Scorpio and trines Neptune in the 6th. But Saturn shows up at the 4th house cusp....and opposes Moon and Mercury....so I sense some issues about where you will/want/need to live. It may look like you have to make hard decisions but frankly I think that there's some short of shake up going on....whatever choices you want to make.

If YOU are part of the problem (and you would know if you are) then you are going to have to fix the problem.

I won't mind looking further into these things...but as of now there's a lot of speculation and not much context.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much. It will help if you create the solar return charts I have been looking at so that you will see the same things I do.
And it also helps to print them out.
LIN

Purple9

Lin thank you so much for your time and all the effort. I am taking your advice and going over your points along with looking at the Solar return chart - something I have not yet done. I will see if I can digest - but feeling a little overwhelmed.

" So, yes, tests in relationships. You didn't tell us how that worked out. Did you remain married? Or what? I assume it worked out for YOU because your natal Saturn sextiles your Sun and Mercury so whatever happened "worked" for YOU. "

The job I got was perfect for me and offered me lots of opportunities and space for growth – professionally and personally. Yes, I stayed married and started having to be involved in uncomfortable 8th house matters pertaining to my husband's debts that I had only just started to become aware of. By the end of 2010 all hell broke loose and we have been in various legal proceedings and issues with banks and so on. Then my husband lost his well-paying job, followed by the same for my mother and I have been supporting them, while also finding out more about the state of my husband’s affairs which I had to also work on helping address (since I was clever enough to co-sign his debts considering that dealing with it is his job J…this was prior to my Saturn return and something I could have done without…in retrospect). Since 2013 I have also been trying to balance issues directly with husband who has spiralled into depression, addictive disorder and so forth...not to mention his health.

It worked out for ME in the sense that I have managed to rebalance and grow, though slowly and painfully and have managed to keep the family fed and reasonably afloat and keep my job and income with occasional supplementary income. I have benefitted in subtle ways and my anxiety problems (serious anxiety disorder treated for 12 years) resolved over this time once I realized that I can actually face challenges...the fear was put into perspective. So yes...it worked out for me in various ways. I did grow in many right ways, but remained stuck in my relationship and keep feeling responsible for my husband.
Saturn sextiling Sun and Mercury kind of resembles my blessings: the ability to maintain structure and a wonderful job, to become more capable and responsible and to feed everyone and NOT crack under pressure. I feel very lucky in this regard.

"Except Pluto....Transit Pluto has crossed your Asc and is now opposing your natal Jupiter on your 7th house. So.....are we back to relationship issues?"

When did it cross? Nothing changed…it is a continuous spiral. The only thing changing is me and the weight/pressure of circumstances. There is an increased sense of burden of partner taking his liberties while the rest of us are forced to restrict spending and pleasure. I have been considering all sorts of scenarios and trying all sorts of things but everything is futile. His health has suffered and I hoped his brush with death in April last year would have snapped him out. It did not. Meanwhile things just continue exploding and eating away funds. Unexpected things like car crash, parking tickets, sudden health complications and surgery…all sorts of things coming through his negligence and issues but I have to pay for them. He is poised for jail-time due to not paying government back taxes, other debts...things like that…I am now waiting to see if he will go to prison, die, or snap out. Whatever I do is not enough/futile. It is frustrating.

"Transit Saturn, before it enters Capricorn, will be in late Sagi as it shows in the chart you put up for December of this year. It opposes your Sun and Mercury. So...trouble at work? Maybe there is a person who is hard to get along with? Maybe you are unhappy at work at this point? You don't give us much info. "

This is just a transit? No, I love my job and have the most amazing colleagues and superiors. Issues may be related to having to get down to some more serious work around that time when I would rather be dealing with personal issues and interests. Further, I have been losing a lot of weight recently (always do when stress increases) and some health issues are cropping up now so this may be it too. I do hope it does not indicate being laid off but we’ll have to wait and see. Further, due to having had to live off advance payments, I will have a very restrictive end-of-year financially :).

"In the Solar Return chart for NEXT year (June) Jupiter IS in Scorpio and trines Neptune in the 6th. But Saturn shows up at the 4th house cusp....and opposes Moon and Mercury....so I sense some issues about where you will/want/need to live. It may look like you have to make hard decisions but frankly I think that there's some short of shake up going on....whatever choices you want to make.”

Ah, ok…heads-up noted. There are several ways this could go. I see some of the possibilities. There are some details in the background that have the potential to shake things up over and above any of my decisions or actions – e.g. in-laws live with us and are old. If one of them dies (and one of them IS really sick) then we have to rearrange. Another possibility has to do with my mother (Moon) who is also dependant on me. If her living arrangements fall through then I have to figure out where and how to fit all of us. If the bank manages to take the house…I have to find a place to go. Lots of possibilities even without my own issues and decisions I need to make. If husband ends up in prison…obviously more rearrangements. This is fun…

“If YOU are part of the problem (and you would know if you are) then you are going to have to fix the problem."

Yes…not making decisions earlier is part of the problem. Now, whatever I opt for hurts someone else. And I am so tired, which does not help. I am not even angry anymore. Neiter with myself or anyone. Disappointed yes. I just want things to go better for him, for my kids, for everyone. Me, I just want some breathing space. I can hold all this up. But not when by doing so I can’t purchase food from the first week of the month. I am tired of that pressure.

“I won't mind looking further into these things...but as of now there's a lot of speculation and not much context.
I hope I didn't confuse you too much. It will help if you create the solar return charts I have been looking at so that you will see the same things I do. And it also helps to print them out.”

No…it is helpful for training my eye. I get overwhelmed with my own chart because I know there are so many things I need to tend to and so many decisions that need to be made. I am not the best equipped for this with my Libra Moon and anxious predisposition. I really appreciate your input more than you may realize.
I will decidedly not be looking at my TRANSITS as they increase my apprehension. But I wanted some light on this one as the last time it was so huge…I needed some idea on what I can expect this time around. I totally forgot that it coincided with my Saturn return back then. Book-case example of forcing one to take responsibility and grow.
I am sorry if feedback was too much information…I never know what is needed and what is not so I tend to say more rather than less J I am an open book as you can see. Had some discussions on the subject of marriage here already and it did not occur to me to give more background from the start – I think I just assume others know what is in my head J. It started off as a curiosity for the specific transit. But I am so grateful for all the extra angles you offered. I have so much to do and do all of it alone so it is sometimes helpful to look at additional perspectives.
Many many thanks.

Last edited:

Purple9

Guys...is the SR chart read clockwise or anticlockwise? I can't seem to find reliable info. Sun goes clockwise and Moon anti-clockwise according to some things I read? I am confused.

Further, today I read in two separate places that SR charts must be read on their own and not in relation to natal and the other source said otherwise. I do not see the point of looking at a SR chart without comparing to natal.

Any reliable sources I should look at for a course in this?
Grateful for any pointers.
Many thanks!

waybread

Opinions vary on the meaning of a solar return chart.

I believe that it is essentially a snapshot of a moment in time, when your sun returns to its natal position. I think it has meaning in relation to your natal chart, just as transits would in relation to your natal chart. Note that your inner planets move very quickly, but a big outer transit occurring later in the year may not even show up in a solar return snapshot.

If you take a look at a horoscope, it shows two time periods-- the daily one, which relates to your planets-in-houses, and the annual one, which relates to your planets-in-signs.

Although the cusps may wiggle around a bit, essentially houses stay put. The signs will rotate with the passage of the sun through the seasons.

With houses, you can see the ascendant degree, which will continue to rise in the east (left) hit the south (MC, the opposite of modern maps,) decline towards the west (DC) then continue to rotate "under" the earth in astrology's geocentric model of the solar system.

The signs on an annual basis do the reverse. If you start with the ascendant degree, and follow the signs in order, you can see that the head towards the IC (north) followed by the DC (west) and so on around the rest of the horoscope.

Unless a planet is retrograde, they will all follow these two circuits. It's not like the moon goes one way and the sun goes a different way.

Purple9

Thank you very much waybread for a clear depiction of the movement. Indeed I followed the regular trajectory of the planets meanwhile. The confusion started late night :) when I used the bi-wheel SR over natal and things started to "move" :). I think I pushed myself too hard and confusing info online was making me doubt myself. Anyway it took a couple of days but I managed to process and see how and what Lin was seeing in the SR and took a detour to read up on using a SR. Currently going over past years to get a grasp of how it tends to all come together. Next week, back to the golden oldies that a member has kindly shared with me to savour. So much to do so little time! :)

Purple9

"Transit Saturn, before it enters Capricorn, will be in late Sagi as it shows in the chart you put up for December of this year. It opposes your Sun and Mercury. So...trouble at work? Maybe there is a person who is hard to get along with? Maybe you are unhappy at work at this point? "

LIN! Got it! I did not see that coming....haha : client! It is a client that is difficult to please and difficult to get along with. A new one we have only recently started working with.
It was monumental especially start of this week (when Saturn trined natal Saturn near exact while also trining TR Uranus - fire trine) AND while separating from that natal Sun-Merc opposition still - I have been very busy since that contact with much expected of me at work and at home. And yes, not too upbeat and feeling like I was weighted down. Enter Uranian surprise and suddenly we were drowning trying to get out of a very unusual (...) and very difficult situation (some major oversight at the MOST inopportune time). Cleaning up the mess, working around the clock all week and making progress but at a cost to my well-being. Feeling like I had been repeatedly ran over by a truck :) It will pass.

Illustrated edition. When it went down I had a flashback to this comment of yours. It was so unlikely to have issues with someone at work...But I forgot who we work FOR. So yup. that would be it. It has been fun.

Back to work now.