Iris's Career Influence

astrobunny

I just discovered Iris is closely conjunct my MC/Midheaven (only missing it by one degree it seems) and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the effect it could have in my natal. I know Iris is the Greek goddess of the Rainbow, but I'm not sure how that ties in with my MC. Isn't the midheaven my career/success in life? Anyone have any insight as to how she would fit into that?

Attachments

• iris.jpg
    iris.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 20

ukdesifem

Hello,

Any planet or asteroid touching the MC has an effect in career.

The MC though is not career per se, but the highest goal in one's life. So it will affect your highest goals, much of which for the average person are career-based.

I'm not sure an asteroid in itself will change much though. It could be other aspects at play, especially slower-moving/outer planets.

Of these affecting you now:

Jupiter - currently square your Sag MC, but could be sextile when it goes into Libra

Saturn - conjunct your Sag MC, this could be causing issues, or making you feel more grounded and restless

Uranus - trine your MC, making you feel more prone to change or restlessness

Neptune - 1st house/conjunct ascendant, more intuitive, listless

Pluto - 11th house, not near MC, but could affect inner/personal planets.

imho, Saturn and Neptune are possibly factors here.

Last edited:

ukdesifem

I also had a look at your aspects, and it shows to me strongly a caring profession, or something strongly to do with helping others or being around others. Especially since you have many planets above the horizon.

astrobunny

Hello,

Any planet or asteroid touching the MC has an effect in career.

The MC though is not career per se, but the highest goal in one's life. So it will affect your highest goals, much of which for the average person are career-based.
Thank you for that clarification. That makes sense and explains why I have seen people use MC and career interchangeably at times.

I also had a look at your aspects, and it shows to me strongly a caring profession, or something strongly to do with helping others or being around others. Especially since you have many planets above the horizon.
I actually had never thought to take into account above horizon/below horizon when look at planets in regards to profession.

Thank you for all of this and explaining the transiting planets' effects.

StillOne

Thank you for all of this and explaining the transiting planets' effects.

Consider also taking a look at your Progressions and Declinations. All easily searchable here. If you didn't know, you can select "additional tables pdf" on astro.com extended chart selection to access more information about the chart you chose. So the information in the pdf will vary depending on what type of chart you select. Enjoy! :joyful: