For now (and for the next year) should I focus more on health or work?

cfsdmm

Given my current transits and aspects, what should I put my focus on?
I was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago and it happened during my master. I then had a relapse, also during my masters. I have been unemployed until now and it has mostly been happening because of my disease, focusing too much on my self and having surgeries. I am still not free of cancer but I am doing better and my disease is considered to be stable at the moment and can continue like that for many years, even the rest of my life.
I have this preconceded idea that if I start focusing more on working, I will be too stressed and can become sicker. I have actually been doing a lot of volunteer work and helping other cancer patients, even meetingn with policy makers to influence change, working at several organizations. It means a lot to me and I feel fulfilled doing so but its still not a "real job" and I dont know if at the moment I should put even more efforts into finding a job (already actively looking but not finding any opportunities that fit me - I would need to work from home) or if I should just focus on taking care of my health and dont worry too much about a career/job just yet. I am curious about at the current moment and life for the next year. I seem to struggle to find a balance between these 2 aspects of my life.

Attachments

• 20201201_053627.jpg
    20201201_053627.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
As far as astrological factors are concerned, you already have a career. The career sector of the chart (tenth house) refers to what we're known for, how we make a name for ourselves. That's not necessarily the way we make a living. Your volunteer work and advocacy fits the bill.

It sounds like between that advocacy and your health, you have enough on your plate. Do you need a money-making job for the sake of making money? Or are your finances taken care of some other way?

Could your advocacy become a paid job? Is there an org you could work for? Or could you start one?

Frisiangal

Hi,
I have difficulty reading the chart configurations, which I believe to be the transits to unspecified natal aspects.

Would you be willing to supply a 'secondary progressions to natal chart', that is available through the extended section of Astro. com charts, prognoses?

If your condition is stabilised and manageable, why should you not return to a fulfilling employment situation? Mental calculation shows some possible interesting configurations for the coming period, but which can't be verified without actual birth data.

Congratulations on beating the odds. :smile:

cfsdmm

As far as astrological factors are concerned, you already have a career. The career sector of the chart (tenth house) refers to what we're known for, how we make a name for ourselves. That's not necessarily the way we make a living. Your volunteer work and advocacy fits the bill.

It sounds like between that advocacy and your health, you have enough on your plate. Do you need a money-making job for the sake of making money? Or are your finances taken care of some other way?

Could your advocacy become a paid job? Is there an org you could work for? Or could you start one?

Thank you so much for your answer!
I do indeed spend most of my time doing volunteer and advocacy work. I do receive some benefits from the government because of my cancer diagnosis, so I do receive some money each month even if I am not doing a paid job. But of course, I would like to make more money and become more independent in the future (I am living with my parents at the moment)
All of your suggestions have crossed my mind! I would love to be part of an organization or start my own one day and have actually been job searching but at the moment I can't find any position that allows me to work from home.
Also, I have been feeling quite confused and divided. I studied psychology in college, love this field but was also having trouble finding a job. At the same time, I love working as an advocate as well. But advocacy has certainly been what I have been more involved in for the last years.

cfsdmm

Hi,
I have difficulty reading the chart configurations, which I believe to be the transits to unspecified natal aspects.

Would you be willing to supply a 'secondary progressions to natal chart', that is available through the extended section of Astro. com charts, prognoses?

If your condition is stabilised and manageable, why should you not return to a fulfilling employment situation? Mental calculation shows some possible interesting configurations for the coming period, but which can't be verified without actual birth data.

Congratulations on beating the odds. :smile:

Thank you for taking the time to analyze my chart and for your supporting words :sideways:
I am attaching a picture of what I think is the chart you were asking for, please let me know if it is the one!
As I was diagnosed and had a relapse while doing my master's degree, I attribute that it happened due to stress and the huge work overload. But of course, it maybe could have happened even if I wasn't so busy. No one knows. I have this irrational fear that if I start working too much (and forgetting my health), I will have a relapse again. I am a huge hypochondriac and having had this diagnosis only made it 1000x worse.

Attachments

• horoscope-synastry-chart12__progressions_16-8-1993_03-30_a_2-12-2020.png
    horoscope-synastry-chart12__progressions_16-8-1993_03-30_a_2-12-2020.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 21

Harmelia

Given my current transits and aspects, what should I put my focus on?
I was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago and it happened during my master. I then had a relapse, also during my masters. I have been unemployed until now and it has mostly been happening because of my disease, focusing too much on my self and having surgeries. I am still not free of cancer but I am doing better and my disease is considered to be stable at the moment and can continue like that for many years, even the rest of my life.
I have this preconceded idea that if I start focusing more on working, I will be too stressed and can become sicker. I have actually been doing a lot of volunteer work and helping other cancer patients, even meetingn with policy makers to influence change, working at several organizations. It means a lot to me and I feel fulfilled doing so but its still not a "real job" and I dont know if at the moment I should put even more efforts into finding a job (already actively looking but not finding any opportunities that fit me - I would need to work from home) or if I should just focus on taking care of my health and dont worry too much about a career/job just yet. I am curious about at the current moment and life for the next year. I seem to struggle to find a balance between these 2 aspects of my life.

I find it hard to answer your question without being able to play with the transits. If you give your date of birth, time and city/country - I can play with it on my astrology program.

But, just looking at the progressed chart you provided, I'd say, if you have not yet done much inner work - Scorpio work - then I would not be so OUT THERE right now - and be more IN THERE. Progressed Sun is in Virgo, 4th house - where you could be analyzing your psychology - why you got cancer - and setting up a more self-nurturing sustaining lifestyle. There is a problem with the way you communicate your Leo Sun - the way you shine - the way you talk perhaps, or present in some way. Perhaps the way you want to nurture others doesn't nurture you. I see this as a possible reason for the cancer (illness) and you want to fix this before putting yourself out there again - if you haven't addressed it already. That's my take.

cfsdmm

I find it hard to answer your question without being able to play with the transits. If you give your date of birth, time and city/country - I can play with it on my astrology program.

But, just looking at the progressed chart you provided, I'd say, if you have not yet done much inner work - Scorpio work - then I would not be so OUT THERE right now - and be more IN THERE. Progressed Sun is in Virgo, 4th house - where you could be analyzing your psychology - why you got cancer - and setting up a more self-nurturing sustaining lifestyle. There is a problem with the way you communicate your Leo Sun - the way you shine - the way you talk perhaps, or present in some way. Perhaps the way you want to nurture others doesn't nurture you. I see this as a possible reason for the cancer (illness) and you want to fix this before putting yourself out there again - if you haven't addressed it already. That's my take.

Thank you so much! I have been trying to live more accordingly to my values and say what is on my mind instead of hiding so much. I suffered from social anxiety since I was 5 years old and was severely bullied. Cancer made me overcome this because I wanted to help others, and so I had to overcome my social anxiety and be true to myself and my wishes. I would say I became a much more confident person but I don't think I am arrogant, I still be careful about what I say and I try to be kind everyday. As you can see, I have a lot of cancer placements and I am very sensitive because of this, sometimes I would get too attached to others and feel their pain but I have been trying to control this and don't let it overtake me. I now have to do some work to indentify what is wrong about the way I present myself as I think now I am the truest version of me as I can be, while before I couldn't do that and would may even seem unfriendly

Harmelia

Thank you so much! I have been trying to live more accordingly to my values and say what is on my mind instead of hiding so much. I suffered from social anxiety since I was 5 years old and was severely bullied. Cancer made me overcome this because I wanted to help others, and so I had to overcome my social anxiety and be true to myself and my wishes. I would say I became a much more confident person but I don't think I am arrogant, I still be careful about what I say and I try to be kind everyday. As you can see, I have a lot of cancer placements and I am very sensitive because of this, sometimes I would get too attached to others and feel their pain but I have been trying to control this and don't let it overtake me. I now have to do some work to indentify what is wrong about the way I present myself as I think now I am the truest version of me as I can be, while before I couldn't do that and would may even seem unfriendly

Well, it sounds like you've done quite a lot of work on yourself and have made changes. Then, I think you need to use your intuition as to the best way forward. Maybe it isn't an either-or question. You can keep working on yourself as well as work if you feel you're ready. If you give your birth data, I'll look at your transits to see if there is more influences to think about for this year.

cfsdmm

Well, it sounds like you've done quite a lot of work on yourself and have made changes. Then, I think you need to use your intuition as to the best way forward. Maybe it isn't an either-or question. You can keep working on yourself as well as work if you feel you're ready. If you give your birth data, I'll look at your transits to see if there is more influences to think about for this year.

Of course dear. I completely forgot to mention it. I was born on 16 August 1993, at 03.30AM in Coimbra, Portugal. Thank you so much!!