transiting neptune conjunct ic?

VENUS

can anyone share any experiences with transiting neptune conjunct their IC? this transit can cause you to sacrifice things for your family and home...

Yes I think it can bring some sacrifices, or maybe some vague sense of insecurity. I have Neptune in 4th natally - generally the transit may mean that you withdraw into the personal world of your past and family. Not sure if you have ever read The Gods of Change by Howard Sasportas it's a book that deals with the outer transits. Here is a list of the possible manifestations of Neptune through 4th:
  • Phases of inner confusion, not being sure who you are and what you are here for.
  • Feelings of being lost.
  • A re-evaluation of your deepest urges, needs and motivations at this time could be motivated by the feeling life is incomplete.
  • Unconscious complexes related to childhood can arise.
  • Major adjustments or sacrifices in the home, people living with us may need extra care or support. Someone living in the home may be experiencing a difficult time. All these situations may reflect Neptune's tendency to put personal needs aside for the sake of others.
  • There may be a conflict with your personal life & professional life.
  • Deception in the home, someone you live with may be deceiving you.
  • You might need to check the foundations of your house as Neptune can cause flooding.
  • In a few cases some people have had to give up their home, and forced to leave a house you love.
  • Divorce, family splitting up or other crisis can indicate the home life dissolving.
Depends on the aspects Neptune makes while it goes through 4th. It might be more of an inward experience but some outer events may occur in your life. All these outer events are to prompt you to go on an inner search to discover and reconnect to the spiritual source of life. Howards Sasportas says this is a time to turn your attention inward to your soul.

VENUS

interesting how you said "having to give up a home you love" shining ray. back in aug 2001 transiting neptune was conjunct my sun (4th house) + IC. thats when my parents (mostly my dad's decision, SUN) decided to sell the house and move to europe. i was devastated and decided to "escape," by moving out and getting engaged to an alcoholic. ( i wasnt aware that he had a drinking problem.) he was a neptune rising by the way.

also, natally my sun is sextile jupiter and uranus, (2nd house) and when neptune was on my sun sextiling my 2nd house planets, thats when i got my first artistic/creative job...

uranus was also transiting my 4th house might i add...(the decision my parents made was kind of sudden too.) and creeping up on my natal 4th house venus... venus is also the ruler of my chart, and i was being very "uranian" in that era...(in every area of my life, not only my love life)

Night Sky

Shining Ray said:
Yes I think it can bring some sacrifices, or maybe some vague sense of insecurity. I have Neptune in 4th natally - generally the transit may mean that you withdraw into the personal world of your past and family. Not sure if you have ever read The Gods of Change by Howard Sasportas it's a book that deals with the outer transits. Here is a list of the possible manifestations of Neptune through 4th:
  • Phases of inner confusion, not being sure who you are and what you are here for.
  • Feelings of being lost.
  • A re-evaluation of your deepest urges, needs and motivations at this time could be motivated by the feeling life is incomplete.
  • Unconscious complexes related to childhood can arise.
  • Major adjustments or sacrifices in the home, people living with us may need extra care or support. Someone living in the home may be experiencing a difficult time. All these situations may reflect Neptune's tendency to put personal needs aside for the sake of others.
  • There may be a conflict with your personal life & professional life.
  • Deception in the home, someone you live with may be deceiving you.
  • You might need to check the foundations of your house as Neptune can cause flooding.
  • In a few cases some people have had to give up their home, and forced to leave a house you love.
  • Divorce, family splitting up or other crisis can indicate the home life dissolving.
Depends on the aspects Neptune makes while it goes through 4th. It might be more of an inward experience but some outer events may occur in your life. All these outer events are to prompt you to go on an inner search to discover and reconnect to the spiritual source of life. Howards Sasportas says this is a time to turn your attention inward to your soul.

I think that these things are all true. Deception at home and from parents is true in my case. They are both complete liars and have sacrifice complexes. Divorce, yes. Giving up you home that you loved, yes. Feeling lost, this is due to lack of direction in life. But I believe that eventually I will find direction and a vocation.

I just wonder what might be a Neptune type of career, since Neptune is in opposition with the MC?

VENUS

when it was opp my MC, i got into makeup artistry...(neptune was conj my IC, SUN,) i think neptune is anything artistic, spiritual, maybe even medicine or pharmaceuticals....(it rules any kinds of drugs), oh, and +alcohol...

Ereshkigal

I'm experiencing this right now.
I think this transit will bring many changes in my home life in the years to come.
I live with my family and my grandma who's 92, so it's most likely she will pass away before neptune leaves my 4th house (my father is experiencing this transit too - we have the same ascendant).
My boyfriend lives in another city and I'm planning to reach him sooner or later if I manage to fix some other issues, and this would be the dissolution of my family like it is now. I will miss my parents very much, but I know it's time to move on with my life.
In the past months, yes, I've been feeling kinda lost, I'm not even sure what to do with my career path, Neptune has been opposing my moon and the next aspect will be an opposition to mars-saturn in the 10th, then square to venus and sun, I don't know how it will turn out but let's see what happens.

mmarjo

True Node is conjuncting my IC in Natal and when transisting Neptune had exact conjunction with my True Node, I found out, I was pregnant. I was super exited and for me Neptunes journey from third to fourth house have been a time of getting contact with my inner self.

I feel that Neptune floods away lot of unnecessary stuff. For me it has been an enjoyable experience.

Lin

I have never had this transit but I have certainly SEEN it often enough and I hate it.
It always produces an "identity crisis" of some sort. Even if you know exactly who you are and nothing actually changes materially, the Neptune itself will deceive you and make you feel that there's "something wrong". It will confuse you and even may make you seem different to the people who are in your daily life.

It's never a good idea to buy or sell a house or property under this aspect. Maybe if one has very positive transits from Pluto and Saturn it might "modify" the Neptune transit....but still....something will go wrong or be PERCEIVED as such.

Often during this transit one tends to either "over trust" or "over suspect" people about different issues.
However, only by studying the entire chart can we figure out just how Neptune will affect the future. Usually it is a long lasting transit, as it is often felt long before the actual conjunction and still after the exact conjunction.

Again, it all depends not only upon the aspects NEPTUNE makes but the OTHER heavy planets active at the same time.
LIN
I don't know about "sacrifice". It would depend upon the aspects....so if it made an opposition at the same time (which would mean there was a planet on the MC) ....maybe if you made the wrong decision it could be seen as a sacrifice.
It's a lot like "being under the influence" as Neptune rules drugs and other addictions.....and the 4th house is traditionally the Moon's house....so....a lot of emotion and maybe not a lot of logic and reason.

Last edited: