Pluto influence through aspects

obsidianmineral

Hey guys.

I am not that into modern astrology, so I've only delved into traditional sources as of now, and I wanted to know a better description of Pluto. I don't know too much about the planet. All I can actually say is that it rules power in social means? I've also read before that, say, Mars trine Pluto could cause the native to not notice the Mars energy within themselves but actually exert that energy which could be seen by other people. Is this true? Of what nature or complexion is Pluto? I assume it's a cold and dry planet? Or cold and wet? Since it co-rules Scorpio. What's the basic meaning of this planet and how can that be related to its higher meanings?

Last edited:

dr. farr

Charles Carter (a founding father of Modernist astrology) made a planetary analogy regarding Pluto which I have found to be of practical value: Pluto represents a combining of the influences of Mars+Saturn+Sun. It qualities are thus both Hot and Cold, with an emphasis upon the Hot (Mars+Sun in the combination); it is Dry (all 3 planets in the "combination" are dry in element), so elementally considered Pluto would be mostly Hot+Dry, ie Fire element; with a potential of being Cold + Dry (the Saturn component of the combination), so also a potential Earth element. If one wishes to disregard the Modernist experience of Pluto in astrology, and reject the meanings and indications they have attributed to this planet, one might consider that Pluto in an astrological charts represents a Mars/Saturn/Sun conjunction (or parallel) and use the traditionalist indications of such a conjunction, in delineation of Pluto in any particular chart.

(Carter's analogies for the other outers are also of interest: Uranus = Mercury/Mars/Sun; Neptune = Venus/Jupiter/Moon)

Interesting thread here, now I started figuring the natal energies like how would Pluto in Scorpio with Mars in late degrees of Libra play out when considering energies related to maleness, sexuality, assertiveness and action.