Is X a romance for me?

Spicadilly

Hello there!

It's my first post here and my first official attempt to read a horary chart. I'll appreciate any feedback you want to give.

Question asked on 19th of January 2007 at 18:21, Brighton, UK. Rising 20Cap18 using Regiomontanus system.

Background. This guy contacted me online via myspace beginning of January. We seem to have a lot in commmon. He uses that site for dating and serious relationship and me for networking/friends. We spoke on the phone (when tr Venus was on my NN and off to cj natal Mars) and agreed to meet mid February. I checked our transits (I only know his date of birth). Uranus will exactly trined my AC/DC. Uranus + Venus will be on his NN. In my Venus Return chart, tr Uranus and Venus will be on the AC/NN. I am intrigued by it all this hence this horary question.

I am still getting over the previous person (broken in September 06) and warry of entering a new relationship yet. I want to be friends with potential romantic ties ands see how it goes from the friends side first. Him I have no idea of his past, only that he is 37 and wants to fall in love.

Horary chart. All angles are fixed. I am the Sun at critical degree, 29 Cap in H6. He is Saturn retrograde in Leo in H1 cj AC. Not good! Moon at 7 Aqua also in H6 cj Mercury. No aspects between Sun and Saturn. He thinks of me as he is in my first house and 3 degree applying my AC. But who is Venus/Neptune cj his DC? A present or previous relationship? I am changing sign and going into his sign, does it mean I will think of him more?

Moon will trine Saturn at some point (saw that using astrowin at home), sounds positive. Moon will also sextile Jupiter ruler of H5 and Mercury will sextile Jupiter. End of the matter ruled by Mars whcih is in H5 cj Pluto but there are seperating.

I think it's a yes for friendship and a maybe for romance? Am not sure first if the chart if fit for interpretation and not enough versed to work through antisicion and transmission of light.

What is your take?

Thanks a lot.

Summery Joy

Spicadilly,

I have a different methodology when it comes to romance. See, if it's not a serious, committed relationship we're talking about, I don't use the 7th house - I use the 5th.

So, as a potential romance for you, he is signified by Jupitern the ruler of the 5th. Jupiter has essential dignity by sign and triplicity. It has accidental dignity in the radical chart by being angular, but in the turned chart, it's in the 12th suffering from accidental debility.

You are signified by the Sun. The Sun has essential dignity by face at, like you said, a critical degree afterwhich it will be in major essential debility. It has accidental debility in the radical chart by being in the 6th, but accidental dignity in his turned chart by being in the 2nd. The Sun is anti-received by Jupiter by fall.

Your 1st house is afflicted by Saturn Rx in detriment.

Jupiter and the Sun do not behold. There is no application or translation or collection of light between them. In fact, the Sun is VOC -it doesn't apply to any planet in the chart while it's still in this sign.

I say no, he's not a romance for you. I think the afflcition of the 1st house and the placement of the Sun in this chart shows you in critical stage right now, possibly with some more tough time to come on the romantic level. In fact, comparing the placements of Jupiter and the Sun - taking into account all the dignities and debilities involved - it seems that you and the guy are not in very compatible places in your respective lives right now. You're likely not to see eye to eye on things, romance wise.

Friendship is a more likely option. As a potential friend, he is signified by Mercury. Mercury has essential dignity by triplicity and accidental debility in both the radical and turned charts. It anti-received by the Sun by detriment. The Sun and Mercury don't behold, but the Moon (your co-significator) is in an applying partile conjunction with Mercury showing that the friendship could happen. However, taking into account the situation of the Sun and its relationship with Mercury, I say that it won't exactly be the most outsanding friendship in your life.

I'm sorry. I wish I could deliver better news. There's always a chance I'm wrong though. So just go ahead and see the guy and judge for yourself. I guess you don't have much to lose but a new friend to win.