Vocational Crossroad --lots of potential, little stamina

Waki

Hi Julia,

Thank you so much again for sharing your thoughts. They have very valuable insight or perpectives again.

Regarding the self-esteem issue, which is important to me, you are right, it's more about lessening the negative effect of self-critic, and counteracting self-judgment, self-loathing, self-hatred.

Since the 1960’s feeling good about one self, having self esteem, etc has become important. We may have gone a bit too far, as research is showing more and more narcissism in college students. Real self esteem is based on actual accomplishment. So I encourage people to set realistic, doable goals, and then give it their best shot.

Since you seem to be interested in the subject, I dare sharing more, and hope you find it intersting.
There is a wonderful meditator and acadmic scholar around, Kristin Neff, PhD who also points to some of what you are saying (she has a wonderful website I would recommend, and nice TEDx talk too). She says like you, that rising self-esteem to get a positive image for kids and students with stuff like 'I am important, I am special, I am above average' can indeed have the wrong effect of making people mean, self-focused and entitled, as happened with the self-esteem movement of 1970s, 1980s and even 1990s in schools and therapies. This backfired, she says, like you.
Now to counteract the inner critic and self-judgement, she is advocating self-love as being not so much about "judging oneself positively", but rather “relating to oneself kindly" –it’s about compassion. The question we much ask is: do I relate to myself kindly or not?

For that, among other things, developing mindfulness is extremely useful, because the unconscious mind --the one carrying the deep wounds-- is often driving the bus without our awareness...

With my Mars and Chiron in the 4th House, both receving (or sending) exact opposition to/from Pluto and Uranus, I know all this applies! How unkind I have been to myslef!

Neptune conj. As from the 12th, and Pluto sextile As could add self undoing!

In all fairness, self esteem is a fairly new concept. Most of human existence to this point has been about survival, and feeling good about one’s self didn’t seem all that important when trying to put food on the table and live to see the next day.

May I disagree? Buddhist teachings (my favorite!) are far beyond survival. Meditators were concerned with their own mind, and going into very subtle stuff. Yet the traditional Buddhist teachings don't have any clues about self-hatred and low self-esteem, for reasons which are probably no the ones you point to. I believe the modern ways we are and have been raising babies has been very... well... unkind to them, precisely. Most of my US friends were not breastfed at all because "it's dirty". Too many babies have to spend most of there early life alone, isolated, away from the body of their mothers, in a separate bed and in a separate room. A separate room! When you are 1 month or 1 year old, you are basically, biologically and neurologically a little mammal, not a thinker who can absorve abstract notions about individuation. Mammal, the words means it all, it's about mom. I have lived in several 'underdevelopped' countries where food is scarce and survival an everyday issue, and people don't have that deep undercurrent of negative self-judgment most modern westerns suffer from. They have a deep inner relaxation we don't have. Modern brain science elucidates it very well. Our primitive, unconscious mind we have to live with all our life long is based on brain wiring that occurs in the first year of development.
Simple !

I have no idea how this translates astrologogically beyong my own chart!:biggrin: But I do see it there, with the 4th house and the Saturn square. Also the Gemini moon trine Uranus does not make her the most tender mammal :biggrin:

I see your art as most likely an incremental, step wise, structured kind of project.
the way forward is to proceed with some of the fun art projects
For now rather inexistant art projects, unless it's all about my self as a self-creation. Otherwise, there's mainly a lot of mystery ahead!

I am still on a Mercurial track (intellect, head energy), because of ancient momentum, but really, my heart is no more there and I can't put myself to that work --subtly resisting, or too exhausted. I do have the good reputation of providing that sort of service --which drains me. The thing is, Mercury seems to be a heavy planet in my chart, ruling MC and Moon (Sun as well by triplicity) and being there in H3 with H3 Sun. I wish i could use the Neptunian and Pisces energy which I have in a very constructive way , not just day dreaming or being hypersentitive and spiritual, but something, well Saturnian! Concrete, manifest, tangible, solid.

This will be revealed to you later in life.

Ha, the mystery thickens. I am not young anymore!

I believe the material restrictions may lead to an increase in creativity and and uniqueness. (Saturn wide conjunct to your NN). So do not let the restrictions deter you, but see it as part of the process.

That makes sense. But you can see how extremely basic and rudimentary my graphic tool is. I am on a laptop using its buildin platform "mouse" -no graphist do that, it's very gross. You think it's good enough?

I think you are making it harder than it needs to be.

I think you are right!
But I know no other way it seems...

Chiron return.

I am mainly aware that Chiron is about healing hidden wounds --return or not return. I am very much into healing my wounds these days (2 years). To remain with this vocational astrology theme and thread, I suppose my current confusion and wonder about my own vocation and career can only gain clarity with more healing done. Other than that, I have not being exploring what specificcally the Chiron return is about. I suppose I am doing the right thing. Anything I should pay special attention, which i missed?

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Julia,

Thank you so much again for sharing your thoughts. They have very valuable insight or perpectives again.

Regarding the self-esteem issue, which is important to me, you are right, it's more about lessening the negative effect of self-critic, and counteracting self-judgment, self-loathing, self-hatred.

I think the Buddhists call this the monkey mind or monkey chatter?

Time to perhaps examine the reason for such negative thoughts. If the thoughts are not rational, time to counteract them with realistic positive thoughts. If there is some basis for the negative thoughts, time to make some personal changes.

Since you seem to be interested in the subject, I dare sharing more, and hope you find it intersting. There is a wonderful meditator and acadmic scholar around, Kristin Neff, PhD who also points to some of what you are saying (she has a wonderful website I would recommend, and nice TEDx talk too). She says like you, that rising self-esteem to get a positive image for kids and students with stuff like 'I am important, I am special, I am above average' can indeed have the wrong effect of making people mean, self-focused and entitled, as happened with the self-esteem movement of 1970s, 1980s and even 1990s in schools and therapies. This backfired, she says, like you.
Now to counteract the inner critic and self-judgement, she is advocating self-love as being not so much about "judging oneself positively", but rather “relating to oneself kindly" –it’s about compassion. The question we much ask is: do I relate to myself kindly or not?

Dr. Neff and I appear to be on the same wavelength for sure!
And yes, it is important for people who are going through a rough time to be kind and gentle with themselves. That is standard advice I give.

that, among other things, developing mindfulness is extremely useful, because the unconscious mind --the one carrying the deep wounds-- is often driving the bus without our awareness...

With my Mars and Chiron in the 4th House, both receving (or sending) exact opposition to/from Pluto and Uranus, I know all this applies! How unkind I have been to myslef!

Neptune conj. As from the 12th, and Pluto sextile As could add self undoing!

Yes you have some heavy energy associated with your karmic wounding. But keep in mind, this is also the area that is to be healed in this lifetime. Chiron gives healing potential and the planets aspected to it can be used as part of the healing process.

Most people tend to see only the negative part of the signs and planets.
However the signs and planets contain a great deal of good and positive energy.
I would encourage you to look at the good energy in the planets connected to your Chiron,
as they can assist with healing.

May I disagree? Buddhist teachings (my favorite!) are far beyond survival. Meditators were concerned with their own mind, and going into very subtle stuff. Yet the traditional Buddhist teachings don't have any clues about self-hatred and low self-esteem, for reasons which are probably no the ones you point to. I believe the modern ways we are and have been raising babies has been very... well... unkind to them, precisely. Most of my US friends were not breastfed at all because "it's dirty". Too many babies have to spend most of there early life alone, isolated, away from the body of their mothers, in a separate bed and in a separate room. A separate room! When you are 1 month or 1 year old, you are basically, biologically and neurologically a little mammal, not a thinker who can absorve abstract notions about individuation. Mammal, the words means it all, it's about mom. I have lived in several 'underdevelopped' countries where food is scarce and survival an everyday issue, and people don't have that deep undercurrent of negative self-judgment most modern westerns suffer from. They have a deep inner relaxation we don't have. Modern brain science elucidates it very well. Our primitive, unconscious mind we have to live with all our life long is based on brain wiring that occurs in the first year of development.
Simple !

Of course you may disagree, and your point is well taken.
I was speaking more about the western tradition but certainly the eastern philosophies have been much more enlightened. And also your point is good about the higher self esteem of those raised in third world counties. Perhaps low self esteem and self negativity is a product of modern culture. The more we have, the worse we feel about ourselves?

I have no idea how this translates astrologogically beyong my own chart!:biggrin: But I do see it there, with the 4th house and the Saturn square. Also the Gemini moon trine Uranus does not make her the most tender mammal :biggrin:

BTW with a 7h moon it looks like your mother was a partner in a past life, or a current partner will have been a parent figure in a past life.

For now rather inexistant art projects, unless it's all about my self as a self-creation. Otherwise, there's mainly a lot of mystery ahead!

You just created one piece of art, so your art projects do exist.
And yes, humans are always a work in progress. Our most fundamental creative project.

I am still on a Mercurial track (intellect, head energy), because of ancient momentum, but really, my heart is no more there and I can't put myself to that work --subtly resisting, or too exhausted. I do have the good reputation of providing that sort of service --which drains me. The thing is, Mercury seems to be a heavy planet in my chart, ruling MC and Moon (Sun as well by triplicity) and being there in H3 with H3 Sun. I wish i could use the Neptunian and Pisces energy which I have in a very constructive way , not just day dreaming or being hypersentitive and spiritual, but something, well Saturnian! Concrete, manifest, tangible, solid.

I have a very strong Mercury and Pisces imprint on my chart. Mercury is my chart ruler, and sits in the middle of my 6h Pisces Stellium. I think it is an excellent combination, both right and left brained. Logical but spiritual and intuitive. I would encourage you to tap into your Pisces energy that is sitting there in your chart, to be used along with the Mercury energy.

That makes sense. But you can see how extremely basic and rudimentary my graphic tool is. I am on a laptop using its buildin platform "mouse" -no graphist do that, it's very gross. You think it's good enough?

Yes I think it is good enough.
To my untrained eye, it does not look basic to me.
I could certainly never produce what you produced.
I think you probably want to start simple, not overwhelm yourself.
On any project, we have to start somewhere, and with the resources available to us.
Your basic software is a good place to begin.
The other thing, stay open to other opportunities which may appear.

I think you are right!
But I know no other way it seems...
I am mainly aware that Chiron is about healing hidden wounds --return or not return. I am very much into healing my wounds these days (2 years). To remain with this vocational astrology theme and thread, I suppose my current confusion and wonder about my own vocation and career can only gain clarity with more healing done. Other than that, I have not being exploring what specificcally the Chiron return is about. I suppose I am doing the right thing. Anything I should pay special attention, which i missed?

A Chiron Return can trigger a crisis in meaning, and bring out the karmic wounding for the purpose of healing and integration. It is time we begin to move into another dimension, expanding our consciousness. Higher level chakras are activated and opened up. This is a time when heart, mind, spirit are united, and creative living is enabled.

A 4th house Chiron Return is about dealing with parenting issues or inner, psychological issues.

Julia

Waki

I think the Buddhists call this the monkey mind or monkey chatter?
Yep! But the monkey mind is not just the inner self critic or negative thinking about oneself, it is also about others, and includes all the good and the bad, and anything, and everything. :sideways: Any inner chatter including daydreaming about the most pleasurable things! The monkey mind is basically our usual ordinary mind whenever we are not perfectly focused or.... sleepy :sleeping:. It's a huge monkey all over! However... it does not really include deep unconscious thougths, which sometimes are also inner critics. Hidding deep, coming from very early life experiences. These require refined tracking.

If the thoughts are not rational, time to counteract them with realistic positive thoughts.

Julia, research including neuro psychology suggests that if they are not rational, it may also be that they come from past wounds that have nothing to do with the present situation. And they may come from very deep subconsious levels, early events not avalaible to our explicit memory. So tracking down these things and their sources is a journey in itself. Just applying positive thoughts like a balm on the wound does not work, in many cases. Or it doesn't last. I have explored various modalities of hypnotherapy and I can say one has to track the source or else it's too superficial a work. :)wink: I just noticed this is one of you cups of tea!!!)

it is important for people who are going through a rough time to be kind and gentle with themselves.

Possibly it is important for anyone to be kind to themselves at anytime. Beating oneself up is never healthy, even when we are doing the wrong things and need to change. See Dr. Neff tedx! The carrot works way much better than the stick in the long term, always.:joyful:

Perhaps low self esteem and self negativity is a product of modern culture. The more we have, the worse we feel about ourselves?

Why would we feel bad if we feel full?
No way... Unless very unhealthy guilt is at play...

In fact, this modern non-culture wants us to be consumers, buying new stuff and new services all the time, endlessly, even during our sleep if we could. Marketing efforts represent millions of billions $ spent every year just to convince us in all sorts of ways including subliminal that we are not good enough, something is missing --whatever, the latest iphone, smarter snack, super food supplement, eyebrows trimming, special holidays pack, whatever, crazy stuff we actually don't need.... So we hardly get the message "you are good as you are, you don't need to change anything or buy anything, just relax and enjoy being, all is perfectly well". This system is feeding greed and a chronic and growing sense of worthlessness. Plus, it's a very competitive world. So we can never feel good enough, content. You see? It's a very painful world, even though we are full of stuff. Owning is not the new source of pain, though.

As far as I and others have researched it, the way we treat infants is the fondamental wound of worthlessness, and then the social and cultural 360 degrees pressures make us all feel we are never good enough.

I can thank Saturn for teaching me this.:smile: He does not promote being too much crazy, when you know how to use his grounding energy.

You just created one piece of art, so your art projects do exist.

How do you move from one piece (or a few pieces) to a project!?? :andy::andy:

I have a very strong Mercury and Pisces imprint on my chart. Mercury is my chart ruler, and sits in the middle of my 6h Pisces Stellium. I think it is an excellent combination, both right and left brained. Logical but spiritual and intuitive.

Nice stellium indeed, :smile: I just found out from the thread about Mercury in Pisces! Your Mercury is quite strong, angular (near DC, right?), at the main corner of a Grand Trine. He is the exact midpoint between your Sun and Moon, so possibly in a state of balance. It's ruler Jupiter has some dignity by triplicity in Aries too. My Mercury is cadent, retrograde, and Jupiter its ruler is in a very poor condition too. Plus their main aspect in a T-square, a Grand Sqaure. No trine or sextile around. It's not as easy a situation! And not nicely balanced...

I think it is an excellent combination, both right and left brained. Logical but spiritual and intuitive. I would encourage you to tap into your Pisces energy that is sitting there in your chart, to be used along with the Mercury energy.

yes, spiritual and logical both, is really great!
In my case I feel this strong mutable energy is a bit too much (with the Mutable t-square) and currently T Neptune is pulling and dissoving my energy when it comes to taking action and doing something out there. I guess for you, Neptune is activating the Grand Trine, so it's much more pleasant and easy, and the 6th house should be a good house for getting things done! It's a vocational house after all...

I think you probably want to start simple, not overwhelm yourself.

Again, this is one of the most valuable advice you have offered. Thanks !

A Chiron Return can trigger a crisis in meaning, and bring out the karmic wounding for the purpose of healing and integration. It is time we begin to move into another dimension, expanding our consciousness. Higher level chakras are activated and opened up. ... A 4th house Chiron Return is about dealing with parenting issues or inner, psychological issues.

I certainly need to improve my heart chakra, but otherwise those in bad shape are the lower onex, Base and 2nd. The higher ones are quite ok! Yes, it's back to parenting. My childhood :tongue:!

Julia Karmic Astrology

Julia, research including neuro psychology suggests that if they are not rational, it may also be that they come from past wounds that have nothing to do with the present situation. And they may come from very deep subconsious levels, early events not avalaible to our explicit memory. So tracking down these things and their sources is a journey in itself. Just applying positive thoughts like a balm on the wound does not work, in many cases. Or it doesn't last. I have explored various modalities of hypnotherapy and I can say one has to track the source or else it's too superficial a work. :)wink: I just noticed this is one of you cups of tea!!!)

Thank you Waki for the clarification about monkey chatter.
And yes, when feelings don’t match an event, it is likely the source is some past event.
And yes, the memory may be pre-verbal, having occurred at such a young age, there is no conscious memory.

And in karmic astrology, we believe past life events can cause these deep unconscious emotions and patterns. And yes, sometimes we have to go to the source of the pain to cure it.

Yes I am licensed hypnotherapy practitioner. Hypnotherapy should be used carefully and with a good understanding of its pros and cons. I use it to help people with learning meditation, learning relaxation techniques, and past life regressions.

it is important for anyone to be kind to themselves at anytime. Beating oneself up is never healthy, even when we are doing the wrong things and need to change. See Dr. Neff tedx! The carrot works way much better than the stick in the long term, always.:joyful:

Yes I agree. We need to own our mistakes and take responsibility for our actions.
But I think we can do so in a way that is not damaging.

Why would we feel bad if we feel full?
No way... Unless very unhealthy guilt is at play…

That is a great quote: why would we feel bad if we feel full.

fact, this modern non-culture wants us to be consumers, buying new stuff and new services all the time, endlessly, even during our sleep if we could. Marketing efforts represent millions of billions $ spent every year just to convince us in all sorts of ways including subliminal that we are not good enough, something is missing --whatever, the latest iphone, smarter snack, super food supplement, eyebrows trimming, special holidays pack, whatever, crazy stuff we actually don't need.... So we hardly get the message "you are good as you are, you don't need to change anything or buy anything, just relax and enjoy being, all is perfectly well". This system is feeding greed and a chronic and growing sense of worthlessness. Plus, it's a very competitive world. So we can never feel good enough, content. You see? It's a very painful world, even though we are full of stuff. Owning is not the new source of pain, though.

I agree totally.

As far as I and others have researched it, the way we treat infants is the fondamental wound of worthlessness, and then the social and cultural 360 degrees pressures make us all feel we are never good enough.

I can thank Saturn for teaching me this.:smile: He does not promote being too much crazy, when you know how to use his grounding energy.

I am glad you are seeing Saturn in a more positive light. :)

How do you move from one piece (or a few pieces) to a project!?? :andy::andy:

Once you have completed one or two pieces of art, you are in the beginning stage of the project. Thinking and planning also constitutes work on a project.

This is a good example of how you underestimate what you are doing.

stellium indeed, :smile: I just found out from the thread about Mercury in Pisces! Your Mercury is quite strong, angular (near DC, right?), at the main corner of a Grand Trine. He is the exact midpoint between your Sun and Moon, so possibly in a state of balance. It's ruler Jupiter has some dignity by triplicity in Aries too. My Mercury is cadent, retrograde, and Jupiter its ruler is in a very poor condition too. Plus their main aspect in a T-square, a Grand Sqaure. No trine or sextile around. It's not as easy a situation! And not nicely balanced...

Thank you for the feedback on my Mercury in Pisces. Karmic astrology is more qualitative and basic, rather than quantitative. So I was wondering what some of the more traditional astrologers would say about my Mercury placement. Yes my Mercury has always felt strong but can be overwhelmed by my feelings.

yes, spiritual and logical both, is really great!
In my case I feel this strong mutable energy is a bit too much (with the Mutable t-square) and currently T Neptune is pulling and dissoving my energy when it comes to taking action and doing something out there. I guess for you, Neptune is activating the Grand Trine, so it's much more pleasant and easy, and the 6th house should be a good house for getting things done! It's a vocational house after all...

Again, this is one of the most valuable advice you have offered. Thanks !

T Neptune has kicked up a lot of dust in my natal chart, not easy by any means. But every day I get up and put one foot in front of the other, and hope to do the right thing.

Keep in mind that Neptune has a good side. Spirituality, intuition, visionary, inspiration, enlightenment. Neptune can dissolve boundaries that hold us back.

certainly need to improve my heart chakra, but otherwise those in bad shape are the lower onex, Base and 2nd. The higher ones are quite ok! Yes, it's back to parenting. My childhood :tongue:!

It would be good if you could get all your chakras balanced.

Waki

For anyone interested in a curious vocational case such as mine, presented quite at length above, I just found out that Lilly, the traditional grand master of Astrology from 16 th or 17th century in Britain, had his own authoritative views... that seem to explain very precisely my experience/case.

His views are based both on classical astrology and his own experience. Below is an abstract (emphasis in bold added by me), after which I resume the study of my itchy case.

William Lilly, Christian Astrology, Book Three, Chapter CXLVIII

Of the Magistery, Exercitation or Profession of the Native.

Astrologers name the Magistry of the Native, a Study or Delight, an Art or Action wherein anyone leads his Life, gets his Living, preserves his Estimation, and wherein he spends the principal part of his Life, whether it be public (...). Or whether his Profession be private, either learned from another, or attained by his own industry, or mechanical, laborious, and for pleasure; for doubtless every man has inclination more or less to some one Quality, Profession, &c.[et cetera] or another.

Three things considered in this Judgment.

First, Whether the Native is to have any Magistery at all, viz. any Trade, Study or Profession; or whether he shall be without any.

Secondly, the kinds of his Art or Study, what it may be.

Thirdly, what fortune he shall have therein, and whether he shall prove famous therein yea or no.

The Significators are taken in this manner.

[1.] You are to consider Mars, Venus, and Mercury (...) If then any of these is posited in places of Heaven fit to design Magistery, that is, in the tenth, first or seventh, in their own Dignities, not combust, or under the Sun's beams, that Planet so posited, or those Planets, shall have signification of the Art, Profession or Magistery the Native is inclined to.

[2.] If no one of those Planets is so posited, consider if any of the three be Lord of the Sign of mid-heaven, and placed in his essential Dignity; for if he be Peregrine or in his Fall, he is not capable to undergo this signification.

[3.] If this consideration takes not place, see (...).

[4.] If none of three before named Planets behold the Moon, see which of them aspects the Moon, (...)

[5.] If none of these considerations will hold, take him of the three Planets who according to the first mover [diurnal motion] antecedes [=precedes] the Sun, and give to him dominion of the Profession.

You must observe, if none of these three Planets shall signify the quality of the Native's Profession, according to the first or second rule, but according to the third, fourth, or fifth; such usually handle some ignoble Profession, and manage it negligently, or else lead their life without any Magistery or Art at all.

I have ever gathered much knowledge concerning the Trade of any that came to me, from the Sign of the tenth, from the Sign and house wherein the Lord of the tenth was placed.

Ptolemy's judgment was, that the Lord of one's Profession was to be taken two ways; from the Sun, and from the Sign of the mid-heaven, and advises to consider that Planet who rises next before the Sun in the Morning, and the Lord of mid-heaven, or Planet therein, if he behold the Moon; and if it chance that one Planet does not only rise next before the Sun, but shall also be Lord of the tenth, or posited in the tenth, this Planet shall be Master or Significator of the Actions and Arts of the Native: if one Planet perform not both these works, take him that does the one.

So according to Lilly, my H3 Mercury, who is both the lord of my Virgoan MC with its 3 Virgoan planets, and of my H7 Gemini Moon, etc. cannot be a functionnal significator of my vocation, because it has no single dignity in 2 pisces and has too many debilites.

Since the transaturnian planets in H10 (Pluto and Uranus) are not singificators in traditional astrology (plus, they are in close opposition to Mars, on of these opposition being the tightest aspect of my whole chart), they cannot help me discern the vocational area where I could meet success and fulfilment. My experience with them is that they may require a great deal of self-mastery (the Pluto/Mars opposition is really intense and running deep), which hopefully I will achieve, but meanwhile they are also disurpting the MC.

I do have a planet rising before the Sun, it's Venus in H2 at 15Cap. She is squared by Saturn. Notheless, she is the only one tht fits Lilly or Ptolemy view --and she happens to have some minor dignity where she stands, without being in fall or detriment.

However, Lilly warns that such kind of significator is of lower quality and indicates I would "usually handle some ignoble Profession, and manage it negligently, or else lead their life without any Magistery or Art at all."

Well, this all sounds bad but yet explains my situation very well. No ignoble profession, thank God, but as I said I am unable to manage properly my Mercurial activites, because they drain me, frustrate me and I am losing interest. You may call that 'negligence'.

It's quite clear, from Lilly, that turning to a more creative Venusian activity could be much better, since Venus would nor be a first class significator but the last of the last --and there again, "ignoble Porfessiomn, negligence...etc. would be my lot. It seems however that from a Ptolemy perspective, it could work. somehow, though she lack the connection to MC which he stressed.

Well she does have a tight trine to the MC, but has ZERO dignity again in term of ruling the MC.

I think maybe Julia is right, though she did not formulate it that way : "forget about having a profession or magistery" and instead, turn to your soul destiny and try to fulfil it." --follow the Lunar Nodes.

Hopefully, given that venus is in H2, I am supposed to never starve to death, even without any profession. :happy:

What is interesting too, is that my Nodal axis is Libra-->Aries, making Venus and Mars important. and H11-->H5, and in H5 matters, Venus is important.
Now my Mars is angular and has dignities by Term and triplicity. What prevents it form being a significator of Profession is that its in the H4 --and Lilly mentions all angles but IC as significant.

BUT, again, Mars is in exact opposition to Pluto Rx in H10, 8 degrees from MC. So, I would say, there might be a way for me to get a profession or "Magistery" (yep, and with big M? :wink:) when this opposition is well handled and mastered. Mars-Pluto, by the way are the two co-rulers of my Scorpio ASc. So one would expect a very meaningful vocation, personnaly.

BUT, Neptune is sitting there, on the rising point, and he is great, but fishy, ya know?

So I may get one day a great and fulfilling Neptune/Pluto/Uranus profession, but that will be when all these heavy planets will play right and smooth, and for now, ahem it seems they are only teaching me their heavy lessons... Interesting lessons, but this is certainly not propelling me anywhere in terms of being outgoing, the MC type.

Well, Pluto and Uranus are Rx for life, and Neptune was extremely slow on the day of my birth, about to turn stationnary on the same degree... Neptune by progression stays actually on the very same degree (26Sco) for all my life! (until my 65th birthday, when it will at last move, in retrograde motion...)

Who ever said transpersonal planets and/or retrograde people are late bloomers?
You may well be right. At least in my case, no ealry bloom!
As for a later one, I hope you are right!
Meanwhile, wish me a very, very long and healthy life!
I amy start my main career at age 65, lol!!!

Oddity

Actually, your case isn't that weird. Far more people in the world have jobs than professions.

Venus might be a good signifier in your chart, but if you need to have a penthouse office, a title, etc. to be satisfied, then maybe not.

Is a brilliant career the big motivating factor in your life? The thing you absolutely need to be okay?

If it's not, I wouldn't worry too much. And hey - most of those 'ignoble professions' aren't bad, and can be quite helpful to the world. Just that people don't get famous from them.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Is there a chance you can pull your chart at astro.com , as they are much clearer?

I will tell you though, your 10th house ruler, Merc, is debilated.

Waki

Here it is, Aquarius! :smile:

yes! Mecury, the 10th house ruler is extremely debilitated, in fall, in detriment, peregrine, slow, retrograde (having turned so a day before birth), going invisible in the sky (because it's heading to sun conjunction) if not already invisible, receiving no benefic aspect from anyone, but squares and a tight opposition.

It rules the 10th house (and also has dingity over my Moon and Sun). The MC is on the poit of exaltion of Mercury.

Possibly Mercury does not just rule the 10th but ruin it completely ---unless I find a way out --or the way in, whatever.

With Pluto and Uranus in the 10th, I cannot let myself be defeated in 10th house matter. It's itching!! It's these days a bit obsessional, for various reasons, and form a anstrological reason it's because transit Pluto is trine my MC and transit Jupiter has spent lately so much time right on my MC, now still in my 10th house!

What this Mercury rule means exactly in such a configuration, I don't know :surprised:. I have shared my puzzled thoughts and life insignts about it here.

@Oddity

What are "ignoble professions"?
No clear idea but, hey, does not appeal. I have high morals and ethics and in Lilly's mouth this does not match well with ignoble stuff, I bet. Do you see it otherwise?
Also, I do have a lot of intensity. I am Scorpio rising, with this extremly tight Pluto MC/ Mars IC opposition. These traits really manifest in my life.

In these matters I also have
- Vesta --the chast nun devoting all her energy to the highest causes-- extactly conjunct my Aquarius sun (a feral Sun, making no major aspect to amy planet or point)
- Chronos (Uranian astrology) conjunct my Moon. Chronos is about great hights as well. All sorts of phsyical and social hights.
Just to say, "ignoble" so far is not something that I can see myself doing...
But maybe I misunderstood and ignoble higher cause

So an "ignoble way" out is rather puzzling. But I may misunderstand what that means :sideways:

Why do you mention a penthouse? I have been homeless for years now, living in friends' places, hotels without attached bathroom, and the like. Neptune transit lately squaring my Moon and now moving towards IC doesn't help the home settlement issue, but this does not mean only a penthouse would feel fulfilling, I think.

Attachments

• Waki chart.jpg
    Waki chart.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 30

Waki

Actually, your case isn't that weird. Far more people in the world have jobs than professions.

I see what you mean. I had many various jobs when I was a student. I was preparing for a profession. I had several professional missions later, for which I initially had a passion, but the passion dried and the professions drained me.

Unfotunately, I cannot envision just dedicating too many hours a day to a job just 'to pay the bills'. I prefer to drastically limit the bills and drasticaly simplify my material life rather than do somehting I have no passion for and enjoy more material development. I have never been into debt for instance (venus in cap?) Plus, I am a good learner, so if I find something I want to do, I can learn and become good at it. This has happened several times, when I became a translater, a publisher, etc. So there is some potential for more than just jobs if only I got the right compass.

Venus might be a good signifier in your chart.

Thank you for reverting on that. How do you think that could translate?

Is a brilliant career the big motivating factor in your life? The thing you absolutely need to be okay?

No. It's more about inner fulfilment. I need something with high ethics, larger sense of being meaningful (I am really a true Aquarius idealist in that sense, and Uranus in the 10th may undescore this). Of course I am not against a brilliant career, though it seems to far I have been good at self undoing whenever opportunities arose. In those situation, the fact that the career would be brilliant in the comon sense never tipped the balance. I acknoledged the opportunity and turned them down, or carelessly did something that led to undoing. I have a kind of weird and confuse ambition it seems. Or this world and time is not for me. which is a stupid thought. I am born when I am born.

But of course I would love to shine, why not. I am not especially shy, and I have been on stage not only for lectures but for peerforming arts too, long ago.

I also see my Part of Fortune is in Leo 9th House. This Leo thing is really a big puzzle for me. I am very Aquarian, and neptunian too.

By the way Part of Spirit in right on the Pisces IC. I read lately that Part of Spirit tells about motivation in life and might be related to vocation. Do you have any idea what that place could mean for me?

If it's not, I wouldn't worry too much.

Why? I do...

And hey - most of those 'ignoble professions' aren't bad, and can be quite helpful to the world. Just that people don't get famous from them.

I can't figure out what an "ignoble profession" means! (see my former comment above)

Thanks again, please keep sharing your thoughts!:happy:

aquarius7000

Thanks for the chart.

There is an Education board on this forum and many websites/books outside of the forum that you can learn from.

Your Merc rules your MC (career point) via Virgo. Virgo loves details, and jobs where you need to look at the fine print. However, your Merc is in Pisces, opposite of Virgo, where Merc is always debilated and loses out on its original strength. However, you have Merc-Moon and Merc.-Jup aspects, which means you should be quite creative, perhaps also good at sales kind of work. This because your Moon is in the 7th and in Gemini, so it is a gregarious Moon that likes to mingle with people.

Pluto and Uranus in the 10th could mean that you might chance (Uranus) to get to know influential people (Pluto) out there or at your place of work that might help you climb the career ladder. That will be the good side of Pluto. The not-so-good side could be that you get to meet shady and dubious sorts that might bully you or take advantage of you. Be careful with who you associate within the scope of your career. Don't go near someone you have any doubts about no matter what they promise to offer.

Mars (your Asc. ruler) in your chart is opposed by Pluto, which gives you determination too achieve your goals.

Tell me, do you have intuitions/a strong sixth sense? Or are you given to spirituality. I am looking at your Nep on the Asc. aspecting your Asc. ruler Mars in Pisces, as well as your Merc in Pisces aspected by a 9th house Jup.

Waki

Hi Aquarius

Thank yu or the feed back. :smile:
Yes I do study my chart avidly and use websites, books and requested even professional readings. But I remain puzzled and confused regarding MC matters --vocation, career...

However, you have Merc-Moon and Merc.-Jup aspects, which means you should be quite creative, perhaps also good at sales kind of work. This because your Moon is in the 7th and in Gemini, so it is a gregarious Moon that likes to mingle with people.

I can be very social indeed, and I am a good communicator. Posibly because Sun and Mercury are in H3 too. I am however not a sale person at all. I spontaneously assocaite sale with theft, cheating, dishonnesty, I am unable to do that, or at least not at all attracted. At ALL. But I can be grgarious indeed!

Pluto. The not-so-good side could be that you get to meet shady and dubious sorts that might bully you or take advantage of you. Be careful with who you associate within the scope of your career. Don't go near someone you have any doubts about no matter what they promise to offer.

Thanks. This sort of things has been happening again and again lately. I am taken advantge of and bullied. But you find that sort of people in many places, they are hard to avid. It seems thery are often people who may feel threathened by me and try to get me out of the place. I am powerless because they play dirty tricks and I am unable to do the same.

Right now today in the middle of it. While Jupiter and North Node are in my 10th, today along with Venus and mercury on my natal Uranus, i receive series of email for a short 2 weeks job (live translation over 3 weeks for a grand international event) and from various channels who all say I am the one who must do it. I know I am the one, not only because I am the right person for the job, but the very patron of that event told me he wants me for it already a year ago,. The thin is no one of the main office ever confirmed.

The various channels are now conflicting and still nobody is sending the official hiring confirmation to me. The only one who did, did so for translation in one minor language. They are now being asked by others to allow me to not work in the minor anguage but in the major language (english), but still not officially inviting me directly! This grand event is about to start in 2 weeks. I'ts frightening to see how some people are making it very difficult for me to be simply booked months in advance. This is politics against me, I suspect, from someone in particular who is very high in that hierarchy.

I would run away if I did not deeply love the patrons and purpose of the event. I can't run and have to go through that mess. It's not the first time with that organsiation. A few people treat me very badly there, and they are in high position --but the topmost position has great people I love.

Tell me, do you have intuitions/a strong sixth sense? Or are you given to spirituality. I am looking at your Nep on the Asc. aspecting your Asc. ruler Mars in Pisces, as well as your Merc in Pisces aspected by a 9th house Jup.

Oh, yes yes, spirituality! The invisible world is important to me and I love spiritual religious rituals that connect to the Divine, superior entitities and the greater good on earth. I don't relally care which religion at the end of the day. I feel at home in that world. Also I am very sensitive, empathic --bordering on dysfonctional sometimes, though I never get overwhelmed for a long time --unless the Divine strikes.

6th sense I don't know. I often can see through people but I also feel I don;t pay enough heed to my intuition. Some blocage regarding it, especially acting upon it on the spot. Maybe Virgoan obstacle, too cautious and fussy.

I thought my spiritial/ empathic nature is Neptune on the Asc, and the Pisces planet. I am not sure about the Merc-Jup aspect. Both are in fall, retrograde... How would that work? What can their connection provide, you think?

Waki

Virgo loves details, and jobs where you need to look at the fine print. However, your Merc is in Pisces, opposite of Virgo, where Merc is always debilated and loses out on its original strength. However, you have Merc-Moon and Merc.-Jup aspects, which means you should be quite creative

Do you mean Merc is not so good with details then, or that it can do it because of MC Virgo, but the end result is not goodsomehow?

However, you have Merc-Moon and Merc.-Jup aspects, which means you should be quite creative
That's interesting, because these are rather challenging aspects! I thought they all could relate to thought process, I missed the creativity!
Can you elaborate?
Do you have any idea what sort of creativity I can rely on?

aquarius7000

People with Neptune on the Asc. are often emphatic on the positive side. They often engage in social work and spirituality.

On the negative, they are confused and sometimes get deceived by others. Sometimes they themselves become engaged in shady things or drugs.