Psychological astrology books

SunW

I will be glad if you recommend me some books on psychological astrology and family dynamics. I'm not a beginner in astrology and I'm looking for something really serious and very interesting. It's useless to mention Liz Greene. I'm sure that there are some very interesting books on these topics that I don't know about.

you know the current status of astrology.

therefore, if you are really interested and work a bit , then you can check at lifescape astrology website.

first test out the published traits on the website, with your data and your studies, and then we can move on to balance traits.

make your interest known, by posting comments or writing to us.

miquar

Hi. I can strongly recommend the following:

All of the Liz Greene books from the CPA (Centre for Psychological Astrology) - some of which also contain seminars by Howard Sasportas. 'The Luminaries' has quite a lot to say about family dynamics, but its worth reading through all the volumes.

Relating (Greene) (Also covers some stuff about family dynamics)
Astrology Karma and Transformation. Astrololgy Psychology and the 4 Elements. (Arroyo)
The Astrology of Self-development (Marx)

For more in depth understanding of astrological symbolism, there is the Rudhyar Archive sight - First Steps in Astrology especially recommended. Also the books The Pulse of Life and The Astrological Houses, by Rudhyar. There are also some recorded lectures by Rudhyar if you google the Rudhyar Institute for Transpersonal Astrology, or RITA. But Rudhyar is hard work so you might want to put off looking at it until you've digested the works of Greene, Arroyo etc. They have been very heavily influenced by Rudhyar anyway.

Jesse Booth

Didn't they say that mentioning Liz Greene was useless?:annoyed: I reccomend this one book, Moon Signs, by Donna Cunningham. it focuses on the psychological aspects of the moon in astrology, and mentions Rudhyar and Jung's work often as sources for the book. I'm afraid I can't be much more of a help, as this isn't a field of astrology I'm particularly versed in, but this at least is a start.

miquar

Yes, but others may read the thread, either now or in the future, and they may want contributors to list all of their recommendations.

Zarathu

Account Closed
If you want psycho-analytic astrology, you really can't beat Noel Tyl. However, there are only a few really backward psychiatrists who actually use psycho-parasitic astrology anymore. Few clinicians use it anymore since it doesn't get to behavioral change.

Why do you want a psychological approach and what do you want it to do for you?

miquar

Yes, another good one by Cunningham is called something like, The Astrology of Self-awareness.

Edit: I have Healing Pluto Problems and I sometimes lend it to people who are struggling with a difficult Plutonian work-colleague,so that they can at least understand what is motivating the difficult behaviour, and perhaps feel empowered by the knowledge that the difficult colleague is the one who is really suffering - who really feels disempowered.

Last edited: