The Earworm experience

Luney

I have Ear Worms!
Every morning without fail I wake up with a song playing in my head. :whistling:
Usually known as ear worms.
These songs are unusual, like not the type you’ve heard before, may have been written. Often not from any era I’ve lived in.
Often it’s a 1 line repeatation of lyrics and I can hear every instrument playing drums, guitar, piano , violins.
It’s not like I’ve listened to a song and it got stuck in head.
so I googled it..and they say it’s bi-polar. I don’t think so. Maybe I’m in denial?
Psychologically, it is something that I’m trying to connect with Astrology.

It’s always too early in the morning to jump on the keyboards and try and write it down. I have done a few times and completed the songs and with other people. I can’t do this anymore, not with kids.

So Astrologically speaking , I’m trying to connect the dots.
I do have a stellium in this order on the Ascendant .
Sun, Neptune, Venus conjunct above the horizon. Mercury is could me either above or below, not knowing the exact time of birth. Venus is on fixed star Unukalhai
Does anyone else have morning ear Worms of this kind?
What your story?

JUPITERASC

I have Ear Worms!
Every morning without fail I wake up with a song playing in my head. :whistling:
Usually known as ear worms.
These songs are unusual, like not the type you’ve heard before, may have been written. Often not from any era I’ve lived in.
Often it’s a 1 line repeatation of lyrics and I can hear every instrument playing drums, guitar, piano , violins.
It’s not like I’ve listened to a song and it got stuck in head.
so I googled it..and they say it’s bi-polar. I don’t think so. Maybe I’m in denial?
Psychologically, it is something that I’m trying to connect with Astrology.

It’s always too early in the morning to jump on the keyboards and try and write it down. I have done a few times and completed the songs and with other people. I can’t do this anymore, not with kids.

So Astrologically speaking , I’m trying to connect the dots.
I do have a stellium in this order on the Ascendant .
Sun, Neptune, Venus conjunct above the horizon. Mercury is could me either above or below, not knowing the exact time of birth. Venus is on fixed star Unukalhai
Does anyone else have morning ear Worms of this kind?
What your story?
BobEarworm.jpg

Lykanized

Like songs you've written or composed yourself in your dreams? I've done that before, but rarely. And I was never able to fully remember once I woke up

This hasn't really anything to do with astrology. Anyone can do this kinda thing if they push their mind and subconscious in that direction. We all have creative potential and in less conscious states, our creative potential goes up. But if you're a musician or have been before, you're gonna be more likely to experience something like that in your dreams

Anyway, you're probably just highly creative and have a strong connection to your subconscious. But that kinda thing can't really be linked to astrology bc everyone has that potential if they choose to use it. And if you believe in past lives, you may have honed that skill in other lifetimes

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I refer to them as aural hallucinations and I've gotten them sporadically in-between conscious states. The music would get very elaborate and symphony like, and I'd hear a range of genres, both contemporary and classic. Sometimes I'd follow the music along and it would do the auditory equivalent of kaleidoscopic movement - free-flowing morphing of the music that followed no particular rhythm but remained coherent. I'd also get dreams where "new" music would present itself to me - very strange music that I find more compelling than "conscious music". For now, I catalogue under "interesting things that happen during/on the brink of sleep" and whenever I come across information that contextualizes it, I update accordingly.

The only other person I know IRL who has these aural hallucinations is a friend of mine - a classical pianist. It would seem like a boon to have if you're a musical professional.

Luney

Like songs you've written or composed yourself in your dreams? I've done that before, but rarely. And I was never able to fully remember once I woke up

This hasn't really anything to do with astrology. Anyone can do this kinda thing if they push their mind and subconscious in that direction. We all have creative potential and in less conscious states, our creative potential goes up. But if you're a musician or have been before, you're gonna be more likely to experience something like that in your dreams

Anyway, you're probably just highly creative and have a strong connection to your subconscious. But that kinda thing can't really be linked to astrology bc everyone has that potential if they choose to use it. And if you believe in past lives, you may have honed that skill in other lifetimes
Why couldn’t It be linked to astrology?

Luney

I refer to them as aural hallucinations and I've gotten them sporadically in-between conscious states. The music would get very elaborate and symphony like, and I'd hear a range of genres, both contemporary and classic. Sometimes I'd follow the music along and it would do the auditory equivalent of kaleidoscopic movement - free-flowing morphing of the music that followed no particular rhythm but remained coherent. I'd also get dreams where "new" music would present itself to me - very strange music that I find more compelling than "conscious music". For now, I catalogue under "interesting things that happen during/on the brink of sleep" and whenever I come across information that contextualizes it, I update accordingly.

The only other person I know IRL who has these aural hallucinations is a friend of mine - a classical pianist. It would seem like a boon to have if you're a musical professional.
This is the stuff I’m talking about.! Maybe it’s calling out to me. I quit my band 20years ago. Some life experiences left me broken at the soul, and I couldn’t play anymore. Interesting..about the classical pianist. Some of these tunes I get are nothing of ordinary. I’m now 4 hours from waking and it’s gone now, replaced with another one.

Lykanized

Why couldn’t It be linked to astrology?

If it is actually about creativity and the subconscious that is. And I say that because it just runs the risk of excluding people from gifts that we really all have. Some people may be more likely to use them, granted

Luney

If it is actually about creativity and the subconscious that is. And I say that because it just runs the risk of excluding people from gifts that we really all have. Some people may be more likely to use them, granted
So it is linked to Astrology. I’m not a Jungian alalysis, and I don’t claim to be robbing anyone of their talents or excluding anyone of their gifts. I’m trying to find a link. If there’s a link between Neptune and Venus in the 12th, not everyone will have that. Or there could be other combinations that might conclude this type of phenomena.

Lykanized

So it is linked to Astrology. I’m not a Jungian alalysis, and I don’t claim to be robbing anyone of their talents or excluding anyone of their gifts. I’m trying to find a link. If there’s a link between Neptune and Venus in the 12th, not everyone will have that. Or there could be other combinations that might conclude this type of phenomena.
No, I'm not accusing you of anything. Helping others get in touch with that part of themselves is just something I'm passionate about so I prefer to avoid doing it myself. Perhaps I'm wrong and some of us do have a special gift in that area. Idk
My Uranus and Neptune are in very close conjunction and aspect all my inner planets and Pluto if that helps. My 12th house isn't particularly active except for Chiron tho

conspiracy theorist

This is the stuff I’m talking about.! Maybe it’s calling out to me. I quit my band 20years ago. Some life experiences left me broken at the soul, and I couldn’t play anymore. Interesting..about the classical pianist. Some of these tunes I get are nothing of ordinary. I’m now 4 hours from waking and it’s gone now, replaced with another one.

I wonder if it's more than a mere coincidence that both of you are musicians and both of you experience these aural hallucinations. I've toyed with the idea of learning music formally so I can give form to some of these tunes that present them-self to me when I'm semi-conscious/dreaming.

This discussion reminds me of the "Devil's Trill Sonata" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z7rxl5KsPjs

Apparently the composer had a dream where the devil played this piece of music to him that he founded absolutely staggering. He then preceded to write this piece based on what the dream devil was performing. He lamented that the finished product doesn't even come close to what he heard in the dream. I can see where he is coming from.

Natally I also have a busy ascendant but the players are different save for Venus who conjuncts the ASC and is out-of-bounds. Mercury is also parallel the ascendant with the Moon in a partile sextile to the ascending degree. That coupled with 3 planets in the 12th house might result in the ability to bridge the contents of the subconscious/super conscious into manifestation. With the classical pianist I mentioned, he has a Scorpio ascendant with a very close Pluto opposition Venus straddling the ASC-DSC line. In these 3 cases there is a strong Venusian component interacting with the ascendant. He also has OOB planets - Mercury and Mars.

Even though I don't usually pay heed to the link between Pluto and Scorpio - there is something that I've been flirting with over the course of writing this post. Once when I was doing some astrological explorations I noticed the amount of inventors/originators (ranging from all manner of disciplines) that had a prominent Pluto; types that seemingly conjured up their creations out of thin air - not what you usually hear whenever the "great Pluto" is being discussed. But I've seen Dane Rudhyar link Pluto with "seed ideas" and Garth Allen place Pluto's "psychological origin" at the point of conception. This also ties in with the modern dictum of Pluto being Mars' higher octave and the rulership of Aries being Mars - the sign of the first movement. So this idea of conception/invention and Pluto has basis if you take these modern astrological writers seriously.

I say all of this because it could be said that what is happening with this earworm business is you are in direct contact with "the origin of the music" and your ability to bridge the creation into manifestation might be because you have a lot of that energy on the ascendant - the point of manifestation in the chart. It might be a link that's worth investigating.

Luney

Well I checked out Tarntini and his Devils Trill Sonata. Truly beautiful Piece.
His Dominant planet is Venus in Taurus , Neptune in Pisces. but no Birthdate (Aries)

I looked up "Aural Hallucinations" and they say the music is usually familiar and can be cured with Electro-convulsive therapy and benzo's! lol
I don't want to be cured of Music playing in my head.

People pay good money for Spotify and headphones to get the same effect.

Neil Young has Venus 12th house in Scorpio. His songs were the first ones I learn to play when I was 12. so many Muso's with Venus 12th house. I havent looked up Brian Wilson yet. ( he had therapy)

Uranus/Pluto and Mars I have conjunt / sextlie my Venus, Neptune, Sun.
Moon on the ascendant 1st house conjunt Murcury.

I'd say there's something in this. By the looks of your chart as well.
it is worth checking out.

Lets see if anyone else jumps on here with some info! or songs in their head!
:biggrin:

Lykanized

I have always been a very musical person and this is something that comes naturally to me, but I never thought much of it. I used to play instruments and I can pick up anything easily, but I haven't done it lately since I have no place to myself. In my waking life I come up with music all the time too. I used to try to write these things down

However they're not hallucinations. They just pop into my head with no real source. But that happens to me with many things. Seed ideas as conspiracytgeorist calls them

So don't think I don't know what you're talking about. I do and it's intriguing

Anyway. I hope I didn't annoy you. I wasn't accusing you of anything

Last edited:

Luney

Here is the Result of Brian Wilson
He received treatment for Auditory Hallucinations.

He also has Venus in Taurus on the Ascendant of the 12th house! :w00t:
And a Mars /Pluto Conjution.

Now, its Possible that Tortini might have had this if only we knew his Birth Date!

Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_hallucination

Chart for Brian Wilson
https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Brian_Wilson

Does anyone know of anyone else that suffers from this? Especially in the Morning. I'd like to delve deeper and do a bit of a Study.Thanks Kindly Luney

Last edited: