Unaspected Venus, Help!!

Hi everyone !! I have been struggling to understand my unaspected Venus in cancer, im an Aries rising so its in the 4th house.
It has only one minor aspect ( so I consider it to be unaspected), but im still confused about how to integrate this planet into my life or what it means for me in general.
I heard that an unspected planet is very apparent to other people, but you feel a lack of confidence with matters related the planet and struggle to see it within yourself.

Some Questions:
- What vibes do people have with an unspected Venus, specifically in cancer?
-And what's the best way for me to understand this planet in my chart?
- any recommendations or advice for people that have an unaspected planet and how to integrate it into their lives?
- how do you think this planet would express itself along with the other aspects of my chart ?

(attached is a screenshot of my chart, I hope you can help ;) )

Attachments

• 453EF9F0-9F73-4C0C-BEED-B5A9DAC77A34.jpg
    453EF9F0-9F73-4C0C-BEED-B5A9DAC77A34.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 32

wilsontc

Staff member
Unaspected Venus, to doubleo17

doubleo17,

Hi everyone !! I have been struggling to understand my unaspected Venus in cancer, im an Aries rising so its in the 4th house. It has only one minor aspect ( so I consider it to be unaspected), but im still confused about how to integrate this planet into my life or what it means for me in general. I heard that an unspected planet is very apparent to other people, but you feel a lack of confidence with matters related the planet and struggle to see it within yourself.

You understand the basics of an unaspected planet. An unaspected planet is energy you do not naturally "connect in" to. As a result, you tend to OVERdo that energy, since you don't get any natural feedback that anything is HAPPENING with that energy. With an unaspected Cancer (home, also emotions) modifying Venus (relationships, also love), you tend to OVERdo emotional love with those around you.

Since the planet is UNaspected the ONLY time you are able to "connect in" with this energy is when the OUTER world brings it to you in some way. Pay CLOSE attention to times when outer transits touch your Venus by aspect since this will bring times of INTENSE awareness of your Cancer Venus.

Unaspectfully,

Tim

Zora

Account Closed
Hi everyone !! I have been struggling to understand my unaspected Venus in cancer, im an Aries rising so its in the 4th house.

(attached is a screenshot of my chart, I hope you can help ;) )

Hello doubleleo,

your venus is not unaspected in your chart - it is inconjuncted by your mars - what means your venus as passive principle has a male active planet available to take part in your chart and in your life.

But I really wonder -how you get out an aries rising with your mentioned birthdata. 18.8.2001, 1:23 Baltimore MD

As if I enter them on astro.com it is shown different ?.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_venus_hp.47419.38542.jpg
    astro_2gw_venus_hp.47419.38542.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 29
  • !1 astro_2gw_venus_hp.48607.42447.jpg
    !1 astro_2gw_venus_hp.48607.42447.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello doubleleo,

your venus is not unaspected in your chart - it is inconjuncted by your mars - what means your venus as passive principle has a male active planet available to take part in your chart and in your life.

I hope it is okay if I comment here about this point.
My understanding of the modern definition of an inconjunct/quincunx aspect is that the planets and points involved don’t understand each other.
This derives from the traditional viewpoint that planets that are in signs next to each other [the semi-sextile, and also five signs apart, the inconjunct] are not aspected but rather that the two bodies are disjunct. Disjunct means that they do not see eye to eye. [The semi-sextile illustrates this clearly, as the planets are side by side, so they can't see each other.]

Whether you prefer the modern interpretation of the inconjunct as an aspect or the traditional interpretation that there is no aspect, in either case it points to a disconnection between the planets involved, rather than an asserting/receptive relationship.

To me, in this chart, Venus' inconjunct with Mars only restates that Venus is disconnected from the energies of the other planets in the chart.

As to what to do about an unaspected planet, Tim's advice is worthy about watching for harder transits, [0, 90, 180 deg] from Sun, Moon, Mars, Saturn and also certain progressions, like from Sun or Moon. They will provide shorter and longer term manifestations of Venus in your life.

In the meantime you can also observe how you are in relationship to others in your life, journal some of your observations and begin to paint a portrait of how unaspected Venus in Cancer manifests in your life. Venus in Cancer is really lovely; I think you may be pleased with what you observe in yourself.

I am truly wishing you well.

Hello doubleleo,

But I really wonder -how you get out an aries rising with your mentioned birthdata. 18.8.2001, 1:23 Baltimore MD

As if I enter them on astro.com it is shown different ?.

Hi thank you so much for responding! I appreciate the feedback, my actual birth time is 9:23 pm eastern standard time. Not sure where you got the other times but I hope this clears things up.

I hope it is okay if I comment here about this point.
My understanding of the modern definition of an inconjunct/quincunx aspect is that the planets and points involved don’t understand each other.
This derives from the traditional viewpoint that planets that are in signs next to each other [the semi-sextile, and also five signs apart, the inconjunct] are not aspected but rather that the two bodies are disjunct. Disjunct means that they do not see eye to eye. [The semi-sextile illustrates this clearly, as the planets are side by side, so they can't see each other.]

Whether you prefer the modern interpretation of the inconjunct as an aspect or the traditional interpretation that there is no aspect, in either case it points to a disconnection between the planets involved, rather than an asserting/receptive relationship.

To me, in this chart, Venus' inconjunct with Mars only restates that Venus is disconnected from the energies of the other planets in the chart.

As to what to do about an unaspected planet, Tim's advice is worthy about watching for harder transits, [0, 90, 180 deg] from Sun, Moon, Mars, Saturn and also certain progressions, like from Sun or Moon. They will provide shorter and longer term manifestations of Venus in your life.

In the meantime you can also observe how you are in relationship to others in your life, journal some of your observations and begin to paint a portrait of how unaspected Venus in Cancer manifests in your life. Venus in Cancer is really lovely; I think you may be pleased with what you observe in yourself.

I am truly wishing you well.

Thank you!! I feel like an inconjunct further emphasizes the isolated feeling the unaspected planet has, therefore I don't look at is as giving the Venus an outlet to express that energy like a different aspect would, just a greater compartmentalization of that planets energy. However, I think it does emphasize the fact that I find it hard to make a connection with my different interests that are brought about by having my particular mars and Venus placement. For instance im very into in philosophy, spirituality, and even motivation speaking all sag vibes for sure. But im also really into interior design, makeup, and art. I always find these two separate areas of interest hard to connect and they always come out in different parts of my life at different times.

Any way, thank you so much for the advice about self reflection to really understand my Venus. I feel that there is a handful of emotional drama when it comes to the ups and downs in my relationships. but I wonder if that's because Venus is ruled by the moon and my moon is in Leo, making me love a bit of drama haha.

Does my moon sign help in the expression of my Venus? Just wondering if it helps me find an outlet for that Venus energy. (especially because due to an interception, my fifth house cusp is in cancer)

One thing ive noticed about having an unaspected Venus is that I feel very unaware of how other people view me, so I always have to ask direct questions about how people feel about me or the energy im giving off in a certain situation.
Its always so helpful when people give me object feed back, and I def feel like I need it, especially in relationships.

The thing about Venus only being activated through transits makes me kind of sad because ive had a Neptune trine Venus transit going on for a while now, and it ends within about a year. (I really I wish I had that aspect in my natal chart haha.) But as this transit has been going on, ive entered into a fairytale like relationship, been more artistic, more connected to music (even learning an instrument), etc. its def had a romantic influence on my life, im just so scared of the transit ending as this has been quite the "golden age" of my life.

Do you think there is any other way to activate Venus other than transits?

I don't feel totally disconnected from the planet as the usual interpretation says. I feel like its there but im not fully aware of it's expression most of the time. For instance, one of my old friends who had a sun in cancer said I was an "aesthetically pleasing person" (whatever that means ahah) I had no idea what she was talking about but I took the compliment any way.

Im also extremely curious about the karmic implication of an unaspected planet, and what it means for my souls journey, and the life lessons I need to learn. Is there any astrology books that talk about this topic specifically ?

Any way, sorry this is so long I just have so many questions on this topic. thank you so much for reading !

Re: Unaspected Venus, to doubleo17

doubleo17,

You understand the basics of an unaspected planet. An unaspected planet is energy you do not naturally "connect in" to. As a result, you tend to OVERdo that energy, since you don't get any natural feedback that anything is HAPPENING with that energy. With an unaspected Cancer (home, also emotions) modifying Venus (relationships, also love), you tend to OVERdo emotional love with those around you.

Since the planet is UNaspected the ONLY time you are able to "connect in" with this energy is when the OUTER world brings it to you in some way. Pay CLOSE attention to times when outer transits touch your Venus by aspect since this will bring times of INTENSE awareness of your Cancer Venus.

Unaspectfully,

Tim

thank you so much, I love your interpretation of this planet. Im really wondering about the karma behind having an unaspected planet in the chart, like what am I meant to do with it in this lifetime.

wilsontc

Staff member
life purpose, to doubleo17

You asked:
Im really wondering about the karma behind having an unaspected planet in the chart, like what am I meant to do with it in this lifetime.

To understand about life purpose, take a look at the North node :northnode:. Your North Node (future goals) is on your IC (inner world) suggesting that your purpose in life is to examine yourself inwardly in some way. Since your North Node is in the sign of Cancer :cancer: (home, also emotions), perhaps focusing on your home or better understanding your emotions will give you a clue as to what you need to do in this life.

Inwardly,

Tim