Will Uranus in my 10th house take my career in a new direction?

I have transiting Uranus about to conjunct my Midheaven as it enters the 10th house. I've read that this conjunction shakes up career, gives people a rebellious streak and causes difficultly with bosses. I have a regular office job, I enjoy it but I would also like to be more creative. I've been thinking about doing acting classes even though I'm not actually interested in becoming an actress, but I’ve suddenly just developed an urge to do something different.

Next year I also have transiting Uranus opposition my sun which I'm really scared about as I've heard it's an incredibly challenging transit and you have to watch out for accidents. I just hope I'm not going to be too scared to leave the house!

I'm still very young in my approach to life despite being 37. I've also never been in serious relationship, never travelled and I don't have any kids. So will Uranus in my 10th house help me grow up?

I'd be grateful if anyone can shed some light on what I can expect from these Uranus transits and other transits/progressions that are happening in my chart.

Thanks for your insights in advance. Please find my chart below.

Attachments

• 5june2016.jpg
    5june2016.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 19

fifteen

I've pulled your transit chart a moment ago. I'm more worried about the square moon to your north node is making right now, including a square lilith-lilith, and a square pluto-pluto. I guess what Uranus is doing isn't that important in comparison. Maybe you desire for acting is what Uranus/Midheaven is bringing up now, or rather: push you towards it and cause some anxiety.

Is there a lot of frustration right now? it seems there is, with such configuration. There's a lot of change in your life right now, and maybe what you sense is some inevitable change? moon/north nodes can also indicate karma: stuff thrown on your path, which may block you from progressing. It can be heavy, and overpowering.

Do you have a fear of letting go of something right now? Saturn, chiron, lilith, moon/node aspects would suggest something like that. Thinker, problem solver. Do you like to tell stories? your chart indicates that you will be good at that, so acting can be something you'll enjoy. There's something interesting with chiron in your chart, especially dealing with inner wounds, or not wiling to face them or not wanting to let something go. But I'm just glossing over your chart.

These squares will be gone in a few days, so if you feel down or depressed: just wait for a few days.

Interesting aspects chiron is making in your natal chart, it seems to play a big part in your life. Never seen that before. Can mean a lot of things: past karma, childhood issues, inner wounds that need to be faced and fixed. Intuitivly, I feel that acting may actually help you heal yourself and others.

Take care of yourself ok? much love.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Sapphire -

I have a 24' Aries MC like yours. Sometime a few years ago, a bunch of transiting Aries inner planets hit that mark and I remember it as a time of a lot of changes in in how my 'position' in society shifted for the better, in really sudden ways, but along with some rather unsavory occurances too that were worth standing up against . I can't remember precisely, but I believe it was around 2012 (+/-)

It's always hard to predict something when you never had it coming before - because Uranus only conjuncts a planet (and given retro/station periods) once every 84 years - so it's definitely new terrority.

But, what I do know and believe about Uranus, is its desire to move people forward - sometimes even when it is a going back to basics or shaking them out of some life-aspect rut that isn't purposeful anymore.

It's the why not??? planet - where an idea or vision comes in clarity and the native is more likely to take a leap of faith into change - either by their own doing or coming to them from outside. But, either way - the change is not regretted, because there is always a new way of life, a discovery of freedom to it.

10th house, when you think about it - is the role we hold in the world at large - part of a bigger system/planet than just our single self. Our place in that bigger system - where we have found ourselves by effort or happenstance - is shown by our MC.

So, Uranus, in it's fantastic surprise - could tap the MC and say - you're going backwards, now - or you're going forward - but it is otherwise a guarantee: that 1) something becomes part of the past, or 2) something becomes part of the future, and/or 3), there are usually no regrets of I wish I'd done it different..."

The regrets probably come from another place and or planet(s) , if that ends up being the issue of any Uranus transit. Uranus likes to learn and teach, overall.

The planets in the houses that Uranus and MC ruler holding will be telling as to where you react to it most.

Back to those transits a few/several years back - I quit a job that I loved for 3 years because I didn't love it anymore. I had turned 50 and avowed I was done with men and my only important task in life was survival and making sure my cap-stellium son was protected and prompted forward in life.

At that time, I met a Mars-ruled Sun whose Jupiter was in my 10th house, because I was all about 10th house at that time, getting ahead, and Jupiter was there to promote it through my future husband.

One day, about 6 months into our relationship, he got all serious and said, "Listen, I need someone I love to look out for me. You don't have to work if you don't want to, I'll take care of things, but I need to know I have a woman who loves me and has my back in life."

That's all it took, so my new-self-made-Uranian-womanhood said, "well I can do that! - Jeez, I've been doing it all my life, but it never worked out before!" All around the time those Aries planets were transiting, and I think Mars retro'd even during that time - so there were twists and turns, but my position, as I'd known it, changed from single working mom with career and previous relationships that just fouled up my career - to 'do what you want to do, no boss anymore, just take care of our family and home."

It was the Brady Bunch dream I always hoped for - a good-natured husband, a son, a dog and a cat and a house with a garage and yard.

(Keeping all of that running is another story - and I won't go into that, because I am offering you inspiration that if there is something you have always really wanted to achieve in your life, this is a good time for it...)

:innocent:

Uranus rules my 7th & 8th houses.