(surviving) our Progressed Lunar Returns

Ixaee

I am a few months away from my first progressed lunar return and feeling a bit unsure over it... :pinched:

Im still fairly new to progressions, but I gather that this is emotional preparation for the Saturn return, which comes a year or so later, correct?

Much of the information Ive been reading is painting a pretty grim picture... especially being related to the eerie "27 club" thats always being talked about!

For those of you who've had your progressed lunar returns already, were they filled with emotional highs/lows? Or did you not even notice anything different at all? Does anyone have any thoughts on going through this please?

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Ixaee. You've struck me as someone who is aware of, and open to, the Lunar dimension. And I think that this is what makes all the difference in dealing with things like the progressed lunar return. The Moon as I see it is always going to be the part of ourselves that is tuned in to, and so vulnerable to, the waxing and waning of those things which bring us a sense of safety and connectedness. So to be able to flow with these tides is perhaps the best we can do. My hunch is that is will be a very rich experience for you. But are there issues around your natal Moon that are worrying you in case they become overwhelming during the progressed return?

Ixaee

Thank you as always Miquar,
Your reply was so warmly comforting to me :joyful:

My moon is a little wounded in the 9th house since its opposite my Sun and Pluto in 3rd, and Saturn in the 4th.

I encountered very intense feelings of powerlessness, lack of love and coldness growing up. And Ive spent most of my younger days alone, determined to introspect and overcome that influence.

Now as Im a bit older, I can proudly say that the highest majority of it is sorted through and has been resolved peacefully.

But Im not sure if this may stir all of those feelings back up somehow..

You said that as one is in touch with the lunar dimension, then it shouldnt be as difficult?...

Would this makes you come back face to face with the issues you've already worked through? Or is that only for those who've ignored and denied their inner tensions all along?

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Ixaee. I think that the Moon is bottomless and we never experience its full depth. So every lunar experience has the potential to take us deeper into our roots - our ancestry. I like Darby Costello's way of looking at the Moon in one's chart as showing which themes in our heritage we will be sensitive to (going right back down the evolutionary tree), and how we all need to adapt our own lunar rhythms to embrace the archetypes which touch the Moon in our birth chart.

I think that Moon Saturn and Moon Pluto surpass all other aspects in terms of potential for a profoundly tranquil connection with the world of animalised spirit in which we find ourselves. Given that you have not shied away from these parts of yourself, and the sincere work you've done on the lunar level, I can only imagine that your progressed lunar return will be a time to celebrate what you've achieved, deepen your ancestral connections, and take another step towards that profound tranquility.

Of course it could be a difficult time too, but I guess consciousness always comes at a price. Perhaps plan ahead to allow yourself nourishing things at this time. Also you could note any other progessions or transits to your natal Moon during the time of your progressed lunar return, and note the progressed house through which your progressed Moon is currently travelling.

And maybe there are certain questions you could ask yourself to enhance your awareness of your progressed lunar return. For example: When you look at the planets to which the Moon makes aspects in your natal chart, what do you imagine those planets might say to your Moon, including positive and negative extremes? What was happening for you when your progressed Moon squared and opposed its natal position? If you imagine that there is a great Matriarch watching over your family line, what does she look like and what message does she have for you at this time? What kind of water do you swim in when your tide is in, emotionally speaking, and how do you feel when the tide recedes and you are alone waiting on the shore?

I admire you for turning those lunar natal aspects around in the way you've described.

Last edited:

miquar

ps - about your wondering if it should be less difficult than previously, I guess the short answer is 'Yes, it should be easier.'

Since you were able to begin to look at your pain while you were still vulnerable, you are unlikely to try to swim against your lunar tides now, which surely makes a huge difference to how much we suffer.

Also, every time we are immersed in our lunar depths, we have a little more solar consciousness, which sees beyond our mortal predicament. The Solar centre of awareness is not bound by the instinctual, biological and material cycles in the way that lunar consciouness is. The Sun offers an unshakeable sense of individual worth and meaningful destiny which tends to be stronger in a person in their late twenties than in a child or teenager, and which puts emotional vulnerability into persepctive (without hopefully devaluing it, since the Sun has to experience life through the Moon despite its immunity to the Moon's anxieties.)

Mist Knacker

I'm in the middle of mine right now. My Moon is in 12d 30m Aries. The return went exact on August 24.

August, so far, has been the most difficult month of the year although it has not been as difficult as some of the months in 1996 and 2004-2007. Other factors making this progressed Lunar Return more challenging are:

1) Transiting Saturn opposing natal and progressed Moon throughout the year until August

2) In my Solar Return for this year, my natal Descendant is the Solar Return Ascendant, and the month of my Progressed Lunar Return also had my natal Descendant as the monthly Lunar Return Ascendant (within 1 degree). The Solar Return is also dominated by a T-Square.

3) My Moon/Progressed Moon has been part of the Grand Cross over the summer (as my Moon also squares Jupiter in Capricorn), and during the week of the exact return, while Mars was applying to a square with Saturn, Mars formed a square to my Moon/Progressed Moon as well.

On the other hand, my Progressed Lunar Square in Capricorn in 2004 was bad. I was very unstable during that period. During March while it was applying, I was hypomanic. In early April, on the night when my progressed Moon was exactly conjunct natal Jupiter, I had a manic attack that almost led to hospitalization. 2004, overall, was my worst year, I thought. During the Return so far, my mood has been more on the low side.

In my natal chart, the aspects my Moon form are a square to Jupiter, a quincunx to Saturn, and a trine to Uranus. All of the aspects are partile (less than 1 degree) with the trine to Uranus being the tightest aspect.

I am a few months away from my first progressed lunar return and feeling a bit unsure over it... :pinched: [lunar returns happen every month......]:smile:

Im still fairly new to progressions, but I gather that this is emotional preparation for the Saturn return, which comes a year or so later, correct?

Much of the information Ive been reading is painting a pretty grim picture... especially being related to the eerie "27 club" thats always being talked about!

For those of you who've had your progressed lunar returns already, were they filled with emotional highs/lows? Or did you not even notice anything different at all? Does anyone have any thoughts on going through this please?

I've never heard of progressing a lunar return, what would be the point?

Saturn return however, it a major transits, where we put down roots, make lots of plans for the next stage in our life..

miquar

Hi. Did you know that this thread has been dormant since August? As far as I know Ixaee hasn't been on the forum at all since then.

She was asking about the conjunction of progressed Moon to her natal Moon.