Sun square ascendant and moon

Samirr25

Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I would like to know what do you think about this placement. It seems that any time I have a good connection in synastry with one of my luminaries, automatically I have also a square or an opposition with the planet of the other person. It creates very frustrating and confusing situations. I'm a cancer sun, aries moon, libra rising. I met this person at work that has libra moon conjunct my ascendant and we can't stop looking at each other but any time we get closer there is a lot of tension in between us. Since her moon conjunct my ascendant automatically square my sun and opposite my moon. This happen all the time when I have a conjuntion with somebody. If my sun conjunct any of the planets of the other person my moon will square the same planet and the same my ascendant. Mine seems to be a coursed chart.

Osamenor

Staff member
By good connection, presumably you mean a trine or sextile?

What you really need in synastry is a combination of soft and hard aspects. Too many soft, or easy, aspects without dynamic ones to balance them, and there's no spark, or there's a "you're too much like me" dynamic, or both. Too many dynamic, or hard, aspects without soft ones to balance them, and the relationship becomes much harder work than it should be, without enough payoff.

Since your sun, moon, and rising signs are in a t-square, anything in conjunction, opposition, or square to one of those placements automatically forms a hard aspect to the others. That's a built in dynamic you have. It would be manifesting most in how you do you: the way your needs and desires compete with each other, the way you fit them all in. People whose chart placements trigger that part of your chart would be bringing that out in you.

That in itself says nothing about how compatible they are with you as dating partners (or as friends, for that matter). If they trigger inner conflict in you and you take it out by starting conflict with them, that's a problem. If that's not what you do, then it's not necessarily a problem. Those people might be very helpful to you, in fact: maybe they make you see sides of yourself you don't see on your own. Maybe they help you accomplish things you couldn't get done on your own. Maybe they challenge you to be a better version of you.

wan

I have heard that when someone turns the t-square (which is what OP has) in one persons chart into a grand cross, it's actually a very stabilizing energy. Not sure if this is true or not but I thought it was interesting.