Synastry with the dead

Yanel

Hello! I really want to know your opinion on the use of synastry as a way of determining similarities and differences with charts of historical figures(like between a living person and a dead one, although not necessarily dead). I know that synastry studies the nature of relationships but - can it be used for other kinds of mental relations that are not based on existant relationships? It's interesting to ask yourself - what if. And I don't mean a romance potential but - what if we met, what would happen? Are our personalities in/compatible? How are we different? Just - what if? Can astrology show this? I'm so curious.
And, if it can, what the aspects like Sun opposite Sun, Sun(exactly) conjunct Ascendant, Pluto opposite Neptune, Pluto opposite Pluto, Saturn conjunct Lilith would mean? I think there are other interesting conjunctions and oppositians between those two charts but these were the first to catch my attention and if anyone is interested I could post the synastry chart.
Not asking for full analysis, just opinions or brief interpretations(would be thankful for even one interpretation).

Last edited:

waybread

I think this would be an interesting exercise: were you thinking of a favourite author or artist? The synastry might clearly indicate how and why such a person affects you.

Also, if you are interested in your genealogy and can get some charts of your ancestors, you can look for inter-generational themes.

Yanel

Yes, basically every person for whose legacy or character you have certain opinions or for people you suspect or know that you have been in past lives and want to check how their traits served them or if they have passed some karma or how the planetary positions in the chart are now connected to you. But the synastry chart I generated has nothing to do with past lives as I am aware in a way of a few of them and this wasn't one. It's a synastry chart of Hitler and myself because I feel like I intuitevely understand his basic nature(very basic, not psychological disorders or most of his personality traits). In the cores of the human consciousness in some people there can be modalities that are to some extent similar because of how they work with the soul and mind - like a fuel. Not obsession because I think obsession is the result of a psychological disorder, it doesn't have a place in the basis of the character which is entirely spiritual, not mental. Like I said, I find only one thing similar between us but it is individually important as it works as a fuel. But in the same time I feel him as the complete opposite of me. You know about the nature of opposites - how they are like two sides of one coin. So similar in one aspect, yet so different in another. And I want to know if astrology shows what I sense. I'll upload the chart and I'd be happy if there is anyone interested to shed some light and point out the aspects and positions that can explain things.
Just to add, I don't like or admire Hitler or what he has done, these were not my reasons for asking.
P.S. Another method is maybe the composite chart. If it is needed I'll post it later. But the composite is more for what two people can do together, I don't know if it will be helpful.

Attachments

• syn.jpg
    syn.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

mdinaz

You could determine some basic compatibility but much of compatibility lies in current generational attitudes and social mores. If the historical figure is too far in the past, even if your synastry has some good matches you would likely lack some basic frame of references which would make any relationship difficult. It would be like you speaking English and living a life of technology trying to interact with someone from central Asia who lives like a Mongol. The astrology chart is not going to illustrate very well how important these generational and societal points are. Even just from the 19th century there can be major differences in opinion even on basic subjects.

Yanel

You could determine some basic compatibility but much of compatibility lies in current generational attitudes and social mores. If the historical figure is too far in the past, even if your synastry has some good matches you would likely lack some basic frame of references which would make any relationship difficult. It would be like you speaking English and living a life of technology trying to interact with someone from central Asia who lives like a Mongol. The astrology chart is not going to illustrate very well how important these generational and societal points are. Even just from the 19th century there can be major differences in opinion even on basic subjects.
I am thinking only of basic compatibility, what really could happen between two people that are so different, when considering the time they lived or live in, can only be left for guessing. This is really not the kind of astrology(synastry between people from different historical periods) that will work with the most real of realities but it can be so intriguing. Like taking the chart of a favourite artist whose paintings really mean someting for you and seeing why you both are touched my a certain kind of art, how would you feel(what would you do is another thing) about one another if you could meet...And I don't think imagination is what would play the biggest role if it can be read like just another normal synastry chart( I still think that the composite chart would leave much more place for the imagination)
Psychically.... it may be something you do not want to do, especially with someone like Adolph Hitler.
Not even trying.

mdinaz

I am thinking only of basic compatibility, what really could happen between two people that are so different, when considering the time they lived or live in, can only be left for guessing. This is really not the kind of astrology(synastry between people from different historical periods) that will work with the most real of realities but it can be so intriguing. Like taking the chart of a favourite artist whose paintings really mean someting for you and seeing why you both are touched my a certain kind of art, how would you feel(what would you do is another thing) about one another if you could meet...And I don't think imagination is what would play the biggest role if it can be read like just another normal synastry chart( I still think that the composite chart would leave much more place for the imagination)

Not even trying.

I know some people have done that in real time, where there is some artist or author whose works have really touched them, and when they meet this person in real life, it turns out they are an a$$hole of the first sort. Good luck in your endeavor, I think I'd prefer to keep it in the realm of a pleasant thought and nothing more.

Yanel

I know some people have done that in real time, where there is some artist or author whose works have really touched them, and when they meet this person in real life, it turns out they are an a$$hole of the first sort. Good luck in your endeavor, I think I'd prefer to keep it in the realm of a pleasant thought and nothing more.
Lol, well...not everyone uses his/her qualities in their positive expressions. Astrology can't show to a Scorpio if he is to be interested in death as a portal for the soul to its home or if he will turn into a necrophiliac. Like cannibalism - taking the meaning of a part of someone's body inside you to a whole new level(not a topic for laughing but still...):lol:

Last edited:

mdinaz

I have considered writing a few books along that line as I do history also - taking a famous event, doing the charts of the participants, their transits, their synastry if they were combatants against one another, and doing their natal charts to see what they were really like and how their personalities might have affected the event. I think it would be an interesting read if some of the elitist snobs out there in academia could get past their own bias and not trash it without reading it first.

Jesse Booth

Just a few weeks ago, poyi and I were talking about using synastry to compare Ayn Rand to her devoted follower Paul Ryan. I think it would be fascinating to write a book or two analyzing how synastry with leaders or role models affects our belief in them. For example, although I don't agree with Ayn Rand on everything, because I share heavy Aquarian and Capricornian influences with her, I do agree with the majority of her objectivist philosophy. I think we should compare our own charts with influential people throughout histroy that we feel particularly drawn to. For me, I would probably compare my chart to Abraham Lincoln or Greg Gutfeld(who is, incidentaly, still alive and well). It'd be an absolutely fascinating conversation, if nothing else.

And mdinaz, now that you've mentioned your book idea, HURRY UP AND PUBLISH IT! THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME! Seriously, that sounds like an awesome book! Why on Earth wouldn't you write a few volumes about that!(my favorite class is US history)

Yanel

So...back to Hitler and me xD. I have never tried to read a synastry chart, I'm not sure how aspects are interpreted and I don't know which are considered more important than others and the basis of my assumptions would be just internet.
Sun opposite Sun sounds like the complete opposites but I've read it also has something to do with completion and attraction. Aside from the relationship interpretation of this aspect, can this be a part of the reason I both understand Hitler and feel like his complete opposite? I know why he did what he did and what made him be such an 'idealist' and his understanding of human nature played a big role in his success as a leader but - he fought for the wrong causes and in the wrong ways. Plus, he most probably had psychological disorder(he created an uncosncious shadow self - an idea world born from egocentrism, idealism, ambition and it reached its final form by obsessions most idealists tend to experience but it was also merged with another kind of obsession that could be diagnosied as a psychological disorder or a mental ilness or however it is called. He was consumed by his shadow self tha he fed with his own thoughts and desires and a somewhat conscious genius that unconscously overtook him for he had not been strong enough, sane enough and complete as e person enough to express a deeper and truer part of himself. He was a weak person because of this but his destiny call, according to him, and stronger than usual obsession made him appear forceful, a leader but he didn't have control over anything in himself. Personality? Probably occasional glimpses of it but it was never defined, never real and I don't know if it was meant to be existent for if it was history woul be different.) although a medical diagnosis was never made which is understandable - who would risk his life by telling Hitler he was mad? So...what Sun opposite Sun can mean? Sorry for the random thoughts.
And Sun conjunct Ascendant also seems like a very interesting aspect. And Pluto opposite Pluto...but I can't find any info for the second one.

Are there any sources I can check that offer some explanations or theories about what I suggested or is it a topic that is simply not discussed in synastry? I don't know why not, it can be useful even if just for a personal interest.
Yes, Jesse, you can try and see what you will find out or understand if you can read your chart. I can't. :lol:

Last edited:

Jesse Booth

Don't expect much information on what Pluto opposite Pluto would do to synastry. I doubt that many people have lived long enough to research it. An opposition in synastry means that there is a compelling attraction because of hw different two individuals are, but is in general a negative influence. Whenever two people are too compatible, however, I imagine things could get quite boring. That's why a few negative influences from a synastry chart are good for keeping an affair or relationship exciting.

...I never expected to have a conversation like this about Adolf Hitler. Thank you for keeping me thoroughly over the edge of lunacy, Yanel. It's pretty impressive that you can do that, considering how un-lunar I am. Hope everything works out between you and Hitler!:wink:

Last edited:

Artnunymiss

I adore this topic and can't wait to explore it as time allows. I am aware of multiple other lives of my own, as well as communications from the dead. When this busted loose, my whole "I see dead people" thing, I finally discovered it's because I'm autistic. Definitely not schizophrenic. And yet I have ongoing, interactive -- not consciously initiated by me -- relationships with people who are not alive.

Several of them are famous enough that I have been able to look up charts on them, and find extraordinary synchronicity. For example, one famous person from ancient times who I can very much relate to, she began speaking to me last year. I eventually looked up her chart. Her Pluto is directly on top of my 12th house sun at 11:11. I don't want to say her name, but she and I had a lot in common.

Yanel

Don't expect much information on what Pluto opposite Pluto would do to synastry. I doubt that many people have lived long enough to research it. An opposition in synastry means that there is a compelling attraction because of hw different two individuals are, but is in general a negative influence. Whenever two people are too compatible, however, I imagine things could get quite boring. That's why a few negative influences from a synastry chart are good for keeping an affair or relationship exciting.

...I never expected to have a conversation like this about Adolf Hitler. Thank you for keeping me thoroughly over the edge of lunacy, Yanel. It's pretty impressive that you can do that, considering how un-lunar I am. Hope everything works out between you and Hitler!:wink:

I say - to hell with sanity! Some things just have to be a topic for discussing, because it's not like I'll ever ask for a sane opinion concerning the most boring and annoying part of astrology - the Transits(one should never say never but...transits? Really? :sleeping:)
Yeah..Pluto opposite Pluto...Yeah. It just came to my mind that, well, humans don't have this aspect(except if one is a vampire which is too good and wonderful to be true). BUT Hitler and I have it. Take that, human astrology! I have this feeling that...if we ever met, one of us would want to kill the other. Either after a long and strange relationship or just after one aura touches the other. It is not a joking matter, of course, but we couldn't possibly be living in the same historical time. And my last reincarnation was before the time of Hitler, so the hforces of universe have the same opinion.

Artnunymiss: synchronicity, intuition...all that matters.

Artnunymiss

Haha!!! Yanel, you are a girl after my own heart, this is sure. Where is your chart posted? I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet, and it's going to take me a while!

Artnunymiss

Pluto...Yeah. It just came to my mind that, well, humans don't have this aspect(except if one is a vampire which is too good and wonderful to be true). BUT Hitler and I have it. Take that, human astrology! I have this feeling that...if we ever met, one of us would want to kill the other. Either after a long and strange relationship or just after one aura touches the other. It is not a joking matter, of course, but we couldn't possibly be living in the same historical time. And my last reincarnation was before the time of Hitler, so the hforces of universe have the same opinion.

I have to say from my perspective, there is an important distinction to make.

The thing is, don't think of it as "dead" people. That means that We, the living, are always the reference point, and thus our basic perspective is always from the lower, more crystallized/fossilized position.

The truth of the matter is, even the "living" send their consciousness in and out of the ethers constantly, in many directions. Linear time itself is an illusion; there is only one moment in all of existence, experiencing itself in an infinite variety of ways simultaneously. There is only one, we are all parts of it. Therefore the One is unlimited, because it is the only thing that exists and thus has nothing to bounce off of.

What that means in this discussion, is that you and Hitler have a dynamic where you can interact with each other, and probably do, all the time. It's just that you're connecting with him where he is, which is non-physical. Based on the strength of your feeling, clearly he's helping you get in touch with your own issues of power and control. And who better knows that? Who could be more Plutonian than Hitler? :devil:

That's why it's important to think of "physical v. non-physical" rather than "dead v. alive." I told you about one of my famous imaginary friends, whose name I don't want to mention publicly here. He died in the 1940s, I was born in the 1960s. We have been married for millennia. It makes little difference, at that level, whether or not either of us is in a body at any given moment. Time is just another variable in an equation.

Yanel

Haha!!! Yanel, you are a girl after my own heart, this is sure. Where is your chart posted? I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet, and it's going to take me a while!
Hahahaha...thanks? xD
But...ah, my chart is the mystery of the starts. You see, when I was born the stars were probably in a rare condition of madness and cosmic confusion. They made me very earthy, airy and fiery and didn't give me any water. Later in my life...Well, not so later, but in the right time and the right mindset I understood that in my heart and sould I'm a Scorpio. The most unscorpionic of Scorpios, who is not like the other Scorpios, but still, logically - the human scorpion :sideways:. My chart can tell me whatever it wants to tell, but I am the keeper of the Truth and I know...things. And I will use these...things... to prove my point one day.
P.S. No, I'm not possessed by an evil, deceiving Scorpionic spirit.
P.S.2. Will PM you my chart and then wait for your.