Jupiter weight... in the first (Libra) with Virgo ascendant

Elle33

Hello, so I read that Jupiter causes extreme weight gain in the first house... and that my child may grow to be obese? Is this true? She is a Virgo ascendant with Jupiter in the first house (libra). Please let me know if this is true.. I also heard she will he athletic so I hope that evens out if she does end up being on the bigger side. The most important thing to me is that she is healthy.

JUPITERASC

Hello, so I read that Jupiter causes extreme weight gain in the first house...
and that my child may grow to be obese? Is this true?
It is a generalisation
generalisation is fun, easy and unreliable

She is a Virgo ascendant with Jupiter in the first house (libra).
Please let me know if this is true..
I also heard she will he athletic so I hope that evens out if she does end up being on the bigger side.
The most important thing to me is that she is healthy.
House location of a natal planet can change
dependent on the house system chosen :smile:

easily verify at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then compare with the same natal chart using Placidus option

There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains
represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in the SIGN of Aries
was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect houses as we know them today did not exist
Artificial divisions now known as houses were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant

Whole Sign House ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the other houses follow.
The ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF can then fall anywhere in the first house
and
MIDHEAVEN POINT anywhere in the upper half of the chart

Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks
and the Hindus (who still use it today).
It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence
and immediately eliminates
the awful mess astrologers have made on the issue over the last 1300 years or so

previous discussion WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163

WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669

ashriia

Hello, so I read that Jupiter causes extreme weight gain in the first house... and that my child may grow to be obese? Is this true? She is a Virgo ascendant with Jupiter in the first house (libra). Please let me know if this is true.. I also heard she will he athletic so I hope that evens out if she does end up being on the bigger side. The most important thing to me is that she is healthy.

She is going to be intelligent and philosophical. Likely will have some religious education in her formative years or religion will somehow be involved early on. Not always, but its common.

With regard to weight Mercury ruling the rising sign usually doesn't give obesity. She might be tall however both mercury + jupiter are known for being taller than average. Where mercury is placed in the chart, by sign and house will be more telling of body type. If saturn is with mercury for instance - usually the native will be short - or petite.

Pisces risings are more likely to be obese than jupiter in the 1st. If she does have weight issues it will likely be while young. And will even out with age.