Why am I noticing that Virgos....

venuschild

Banned
Flowergirl

People ON THIS THREAD need to get back to the basics of using dignities, personal planets and where the themes/emphasis are, to determine a persons ENERGY in a chart. Let me explain:

I am still really gobsmacked at how people tend to focus in on a person's Sun sign, instead of reading the entire chart for a dominant theme /energy. I know a Virgo Sun with such a strong emphasis in other areas of the chart, that you would NEVER think he has any Virgo energy. Thus, you cannot say that he has Virgo qualities, can you?

So true, but we know every house and sign has certain traits, and it is as you stated but most of the newbies have never been acquainted with anything else but sun sign astrology, especially in the USA!

Can't remember Linda Goodman's book, where she says '...a Virgo woman will run off with another lover...then come back with a child from another wishing her husband would take her back...'. I have seen that!

Anyone remember which book of which she spoke of that factor of the Virgo woman?

970344.jpg

5132efsjZdL.jpg

Flowergirl

but most of the newbies have never been acquainted with anything else but sun sign astrology, especially in the USA!
Yes, this is as you say. I am just at the point where I'm thinking that SUN SIGN astrology is BAD astrology. Making assessments on others' nature based on their Sun sign basically proves just how useless Sun sign astrology can be. Let me explain: so many people just cannot relate to the energy of their Sun sign alone and thus it proves to the mass just how useless or inaccurate astrology are...

Also take in to consideration that most horoscopes are actually based on the rising sign/ascendant and not the Sun sign - making it appear like utter balony when printed in the papers/magazines. Balony that it really is, since very few know their rising sign/ascendant.

Perhaps this was done on purpose to distract. Perhaps to keep the mysteries of astrology exclusive. For it is only after a person have studied astrology extensively, that you discover just how powerful and life changing the knowledge can be and can be used for benefit.

Through the ages there are many signs of ancient Mayans, Greek philosophers and even modern presidents, all using astrology in life.

Good thing that we have the internet now so even the newbies can educate and empower themselves and rise above the misinformation. :)

venuschild

Banned
rev12.jpg

Flowergirl

Yes, this is as you say. I am just at the point where I'm thinking that SUN SIGN astrology is BAD astrology. Making assessments on others' nature based on their Sun sign basically proves just how useless Sun sign astrology can be. Let me explain: so many people just cannot relate to the energy of their Sun sign alone and thus it proves to the mass just how useless or inaccurate astrology are...

Totally agree!

I was at a seminar about 20 years ago and the speaker from India stated '..the West or the USA is obsessed with Sun Sign astrology..', and it's not only superficial it's ruining the public's perception of how accurate is astrology.

Many on this forum and others will not even bother to study the astro lore that goes back thousands of years. They become dependent of pseudo readings by amateurs who's names will not be remembered in history and sometimes the lackadaisical attitude of lack of depth in their studies reflects upon the art and science so badly the icons of antiquity I'm sure are turning over in their graves!

But back to the Virgo-ish nature.

My Virgo sister who had that greedy side also has that compassionate side as Virgo as the servant(she is a work-a-holic, and they make such excellent nurses. And yes she is in the medical field, a millionaire, yet compassionate enough when she toured a Latin American nation years ago, seeing an elder woman without shoes, she took hers off her only pair for the trip and gave them to the woman. That is the sensitivity side of Virgo!

Last edited:

waybread

Isn't Sophia loren a libra?

Also, I am not saying ALL virgos are like what I described....but many that I have come across. Calculating, vengeful, selfish, troublemakers but in a very subtle way.

She's a Virgo.

And let's look at the words you use to describe sun-Virgos. If you posted this directly to a sun-Virgo, you would reasonably be accused of trolling.

I suggest you look at your own chart, to see how Virgo suns might affect you in synastry.

If you go to the Astro-DataBank at Astrodienst (www.astro.com) you can find the charts for thousands of sun-Virgos. See how many of these people fit your definition. You will also see that you can't just look at the sun sign to explain their personalities.

I have two Virgo sun adult children. I think they are wonderful people. They certainly don't fit your description.

tikana

Anne

are you LISTENING to what you are saying?
or reading what you are typing?

this is a complete utter B*U*L*L*S*H*I*T!
so according to your theory ....all virgos are prety much generalized description of scorpios LOL... thanks! Me likes virgos!

Virgos are attractive statement? LOL it is all in the eyes of a beholder. Some ppl will find some virgos attractive and some are not.. manipulating? HARDLY....obsessed with germ *i gotta give that to them*.

shakes her head
T

Flowergirl

I also have a lot of distant family members with both Virgo Sun and Mercury in Virgo (dignity) - the effect of birth planning. :unsure:

Oh my, I just realised my mistake. Mercury is DOMICILE in Virgo. :pinched: I realised I may have confused a few of the newbies who may have wanted to read up on this. Sorry. Seeking out domicile planets in a reading of a chart is one of the really powerful ways of getting to the core energy of the person's chart. It really amps up the energy of that planet in the chart. It's worth memorising to give really great assessments on people's nature, especially with the personal planets Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars.

http://theastrologydictionary.com/d/domicile/
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Domicile
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120707045042AALwTxK

Bunraku

Oh my, I just realised my mistake. Mercury is DOMICILE in Virgo. :pinched: I realised I may have confused a few of the newbies who may have wanted to read up on this. Sorry. Seeking out domicile planets in a reading of a chart is one of the really powerful ways of getting to the core energy of the person's chart. It really amps up the energy of that planet in the chart. It's worth memorising to give really great assessments on people's nature, especially with the personal planets Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars.

http://theastrologydictionary.com/d/domicile/
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Domicile
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120707045042AALwTxK

Virgos have always dampened my imagination :crying:
So I come prepared with facts to support my imaginative fantasies...which shouldn't happen to begin with, but creates for interesting discussion & debate. :w00t:

Anne

are you LISTENING to what you are saying?
or reading what you are typing?

this is a complete utter B*U*L*L*S*H*I*T!
so according to your theory ....all virgos are prety much generalized description of scorpios LOL... thanks! Me likes virgos!

Virgos are attractive statement? LOL it is all in the eyes of a beholder. Some ppl will find some virgos attractive and some are not.. manipulating? HARDLY....obsessed with germ *i gotta give that to them*.

shakes her head
T

Most of her threads that I've seen are like this: asking for generalizations when there is clearly a underlying factor. You know, like someone who talks about a chart, but doesn't post it, so people end up posting answers that don't pertain to her (or anything for that matter) and the threads always end up in disaster... like this thread right now :crying:

venuschild

Banned
577731.jpg
Rachel Welch...Virgo sun

I was over at some friends last night who had a Virgo male neighbor who didn't evidently did not have any mens rae(capacity for guilt) and the Virgo male would mis-behave badly and he evidently didn't understand he needed to make amends, like apologize and clean up his act!

I've known a few other male Virgos who would do the same thing, then they would start bickering with people they were involved with, and then weeks or months latter try to be friendly to those persons they slighted as if nothing had happened, never even contemplating they needed to make an apology or modify their bad behavior.

I've know a woman the same way, who would cheat on her boy friend and be dishonest in about every way possible then seek to get back with her man; talk about drama!

Yes like my old Virgo astrology friend used to say '..we virgos are really _______..'

dog-cartoon.jpg

Last edited: