What sign do you admire the most?

obsidianmineral

The signs in the zodiac can vary from one to another. Many people nowadays seem to obsessed with Scorpio, which is emotional, secretive, passionate and vengeful. I personally do not get where this craze came from, but do like some Scorpio traits.

My question is, which would be the sign you admire the most and why? Some say the sign on the cusp of the 10th house represents the qualities of those we admire in our lives. Other sources make it clear that our Sun sign is what we are destined to become - where our soul's will points to.

In my case, the sign I admire most is Aries in its most positive light. I find courage, passion and the ability to do the right thing so inspiring, it makes me feel alive! :) . For me it represents purity, selflessness and judgment.

It's no surprise both my Sun and 10th house fall on that sign.

What about you guys?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
The signs in the zodiac can vary from one to another. Many people nowadays seem to obsessed with Scorpio, which is emotional, secretive, passionate and vengeful. I personally do not get where this craze came from, but do like some Scorpio traits.

My question is, which would be the sign you admire the most and why? Some say the sign on the cusp of the 10th house represents the qualities of those we admire in our lives. Other sources make it clear that our Sun sign is what we are destined to become - where our soul's will points to.

In my case, the sign I admire most is Aries in its most positive light. I find courage, passion and the ability to do the right thing so inspiring, it makes me feel alive! :) . For me it represents purity, selflessness and judgment.

It's no surprise both my Sun and 10th house fall on that sign.

What about you guys?

I admire Leo the most, for it has the greatest heart of all the signs.
It’s no surprise that my Moon and Mars fall in that sign, with Mars at the degree of Royal Star, Regulus, the Lion’s Heart.

Last edited:

Starsareround

I admire Leo the most, for it has the greatest heart of all the signs.
It’s no surprise that my Moon and Mars fall in that sign, with Mars at the degree of Royal Star, Regulus, the Lion’s Heart.

My answer in two parts:
Leo, for the human warmth and creativity and LOVE
Aquarius, for the sheer ingenuity and brilliance of the mind

SunConjunctUranus

Mercurial sign is the most sign I admire a lot because they are quick and witty, intelligence wise. But they're usually doesn't like the weirdness of Aqua.

Btw obsidianmineral, are you sure Aries represent "selflessness"?

Gemini888

I'm fascinated by Scorpio too, probably because of my North Node and my 8H placements. I also like Capricorn for its resilience. And I have Neptune conjunct MC in Cap. Aquarius and its unorthodox approach to life also intrigue me.

But in term of admiration, I have no single favorite. All signs have their own wisdom to share. You can ask me about each sign and I can tell you at least one good thing about it. Aries has this carefreeness that doesn't get it tangled up in petty things. Leo has the ability to let everyone shine along with it. Libra is good at negotiation... And recently I just read about Gemini and it isn't a shallow sign at all. Gemini's mission is to guide people to the dirtier aspects of life in the most painless way possible, hence all the lies. Heck, everyone has at least something of each sign in their chart anyway.

(This comes from a Gemini and Gemini is notoriously nosy so...)

Ukpoohbear

I really like Sagittarius and Scorpio. Sag for the philosophy, the humour and the carefree attitude. I like Scorpio for the tenacity, intensity and emotion.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I admire Leo the most. And its well deserved. I can't think of any flaws, and the very minor flaws they do have (attention seeking, sometime egotistical, self-based) are actually nothing compared to their good sides.

They have heart, loyalty, generosity, strong leadership, dependability, a backbone, excitement & fun, and creativity.

That's why its the sign of the King. Constant fire warms everything around it.

A close second would be Sagittarius for its optimism, big vision and honesty, but Sagittarius lacks constancy and dependability.

Leo is my north node and Sag is my rising.

BaoSanniang

In my opinion:

1. Scorpio-Another water sign, but with the guts and will to take more bold and extreme measures, something I sometimes wish I could do as a Cancer. Cancer tends to retreat when hurt, but Scorpio may react a lot more intensely. While Leos fight battles, Scorpios are more likely to be mysterious schemers. The dark side of me can be drawn to things like that, though I doubt I'd ever act on those thoughts. Cancer can be too indecisive but Scorpio goes after what it wants.

2. Leo-Leos are a lot more outgoing, energetic, and expressive than Cancer, and I believe some of Leo's positive traits complement Cancer.

3. Capricorn-I have a bit of a love / hate relationship with Capricorn, but more of the former. Capricorn rules House X, the house of career / public standing, and I'm not a career-oriented person at all. However, I feel that Capricorns give me a sense of down-to-earth security and protection if they're mature enough and are able to understand my more watery nature. I think I'd feel safe with a female Capricorn who's not too cold and rigid, and I'll gladly leave external affairs to her while I can be the nurturer.

Starting to see a pattern? It may just be me as an individual, but I feel that a sign like Cancer secretly admires and feels safe with signs that have more dominating personality traits and are possibly better at handling the outside world.

Lykanized

Cancer - Intuition, creativity, depth, soulfulness, intensity, emotional, yet cardinal and courageous at best

Scorpios are overrated. Unhealthy Scorpios are the worst human beings to be around. They just take all the watery emotions and project them onto others while their faults are so blatantly obvious to everyone but them

Aries - action orientation, pure cardinal, hard working, attractive energy

Last edited:

AppLeo

Aquarius

Genius, inventive, revolutionary, futuristic, freedom-loving, idealistic, logical, detached

My favorite people in the world are aquarians.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Scorpios are overrated. Unhealthy Scorpios are the worst human beings to be around. They just take all the watery emotions and project them onto others while their faults are so blatantly obvious to everyone but them

Totally agree. Negative Scorps only cause pain and ruin to the (unfortunate) closest around them, for no other reason than to quench their deep, deep, deep, deep insecurity. Mysterious and powerful my ***.

Gemini888

Totally agree. Negative Scorps only cause pain and ruin to the (unfortunate) closest around them, for no other reason than to quench their deep, deep, deep, deep insecurity. Mysterious and powerful my ***.
While I agree with everything you said, the same can be said to literally any sign. Negative Cancer is codependency and emotional vampire. Negative Leo is the reckless superiority complex and a sense that the world is here to serve you alone (just look at Napoleon). Negative Gemini is pathological liar and gaslighting. Even negative Pisces is martyr complex and self-pity.

That's why I said I like certain signs but admire all signs. Intellectually, those signs' philosophies intrigue me, but emotionally, I appreciate all signs regardless of their good and bad.

Just my two cents.

SunConjunctUranus

While I agree with everything you said, the same can be said to literally any sign. Negative Cancer is codependency and emotional vampire. Negative Leo is the reckless superiority complex and a sense that the world is here to serve you alone (just look at Napoleon). Negative Gemini is pathological liar and gaslighting. Even negative Pisces is martyr complex and self-pity.

That's why I said I like certain signs but admire all signs. Intellectually, those signs' philosophies intrigue me, but emotionally, I appreciate all signs regardless of their good and bad.

Just my two cents.

Are you serious? Can you tolerate pathetic murder? Non sense revenge/envy? Come on now. No matter how beautiful creatures you are or whatever if human kind had this kind of mentality, they should be thrown out to the PLUTO.

Gemini888

Are you serious? Can you tolerate pathetic murder? Non sense revenge/envy? Come on now. No matter how beautiful creatures you are or whatever if human kind had this kind of mentality, they should be thrown out to the PLUTO.
Come on, I said it's just my two cents. And where did I say I tolerate pathetic murder? Don't you see I listed a bunch of dark traits of some signs above?

I don't tolerate bad behavior. My point is that I don't hate any sign as a whole just because they possess some unpleasant traits because all of them have something good to offer and any sign can potentially become destructive if they don't know how to control their dark side.

I have 8H Pluto in Scorpio, and North Node in Scorpio. Should I be going to hell now? :p

wan

The sign I admire is Gemini. Wittiness, charm, versatility, verbal fluency...they are everything I want to be.

Lykanized

Just my two cents.
Honestly...There's just something about Scorpios and people who are heavily Plutonic. When they're unhealthy, they just unleash their wrath on others. That's just a sad fact. I have Pluto in my 3rd house and at my worst, I wanted to use my words against others to bring them down to my level. That's what the unhealthy Scorpionic/Plutonic person does, they bring everyone else down while being oddly unaware of their own faults and where their anger and vengeance is really coming from
They can even get to the point of being murderous and downright abusive all because they can't face themselves

I mean just think of what Pluto's associated with. Granted I know they're also ruled by Mars, but I don't think that helps in this case. The unhealthy Plutonian/Scorpio wants power over others because they're unhappy with themselves and won't easily admit that and will exert that in a variety of horrible ways. I had to end my own fantasies with the Pluto 3rd house by facing my own self and I can easily see in every unhealthy Scorpio they have trouble doing the same. The fixedness does them no good. Getting out of that state may take extreme effort

People glorify Scorpios for reason that rarely have any significance in practice while ignoring these. They may even glorify the negative Scorpio traits such as obsession

Last edited:

Lykanized

Can you provide examples?
Many... Elizabeth Fraser of the Cocteau Twins. Very unique style. Not much of a songwriter, but that's because she preferred a style that was heavily laden with glossolalia which is the purest, to me, use of language

Leonard Cohen was, imo, one of the best songwriters

Freddie Mercury doesn't need an explanation

Fiona Apple. Another brilliant songwriter and musician who released songs that were very mature for her age. She has this thing where it looks like she's exorcising demons when she sings and I find that beautiful. You can tell it's coming from her soul. Also very much an individual and I appreciate that

King Krule is intriguing

There are honestly many many others, but those are a few. Even some brilliant directors and really artists of every kind

Last edited:

Gemini888

Honestly...There's just something about Scorpios and people who are heavily Plutonic. When they're unhealthy, they just unleash their wrath on others. That's just a sad fact. I have Pluto in my 3rd house and at my worst, I wanted to use my words against others to bring them down to my level. That's what the unhealthy Scorpionic/Plutonic person does, they bring everyone else down while being oddly unaware of their own faults and where their anger and vengeance is really coming from
They can even get to the point of being murderous and downright abusive all because they can't face themselves

I mean just think of what Pluto's associated with. Granted I know they're also ruled by Mars, but I don't think that helps in this case. Pluto control, power, death, darkness. The unhealthy Plutonian/Scorpio wants power over others because they're unhappy with themselves and won't easily admit that and will exert that in a variety of horrible ways. I had to end my own fantasies with the Pluto 3rd house by facing my own self and I can easily see in every unhealthy Scorpio they have trouble doing the same

I can relate a lot, actually :) I have said in another thread that I used to be in a relationship with an extremely manipulative person who was born just one day after me. She was extremely insecure about herself and I became her punching bag. I'm sure she had similar placements to me so I can understand where all the toxicity came from, and I could be her if I had enough power over someone.

Everyone has Pluto on their chart. No one can run away from it. And that's exactly what Pluto teaches us. Everyone has a dark side and we have to come to term with it. Pretending that it isn't there or shove in away just intensify it. The "don't think about the pink elephant" experiment really applies here. And once we finally acknowledge the dark side, we can work on turning it into positivity. I really appreciate that my 8H Pluto helps me to accept the not-so-great side of everyone and makes me more accepting and sympathetic to people (hence my statement you just quoted above). We are here in this world to cooperate and create a better place for everyone, not to nippick on each other's fault and start a war.

(Granted, I also have Uranus as the second most elevated planet. Uranus sees everyone as equal. I can feel a lot of this attitude in me)

Pluto is a very powerful planets. It represents all the horrible things in a human being that we rather not to think about. This is why so many people push it away and let it destroy them. But those who can control it will become the Phoenix - another symbol of Scorpio - and find power to raise other people up. At the end of the day, everyone has their free will. They can turn their chart into good or bad no matter how many "good" or "bad" placement they have.