Venus conjunct Neptune natal

tiri8

Hi all!
I haven't been able to find anything else on this natal subject but would like to hear of other people's personal experiences.

Where it comes to relationships I give everything and more for the person I'm with but I can't seem to stay loyal myself? Not necessarily seeing someone else but say if I was to meet someone while in a relationship I might lie and say I'm single or speak to others, lie about my morals etc. It's got nothing to do with not loving the person because when I'm in a relationship they are literally the centre of my world but they never seem to be enough. I don't know if it's the excitement or buzz? Things getting too stable etc that makes me want to do it, has anyone else experienced this? Have you overcome it or met someone that's made you change? Even if it's a Square or Opposition please let me know your experiences

Thanks!

katydid

MY cousin, who I am very close to, has her Venus conjunct Neptune in Libra in the 7th house. [ Sun/Moon in Virgo]

She has had similar issues, as you described. She would be totally and completely in love with her boyfriend, totally devoted and committed. And yet, if she was at a party, and drinking or getting high, she would begin flirting and leading men on, if they showed her interest. She was very pretty and got a lot of attention. Several times I had to basically drag her away from 'trouble' back in the day. I knew she loved her boyfriend, who was a wonderful guy who wanted to marry her. He traveled for his job so it gave her too much freedom. lol

Later she would feel terrible about it and say she did not mean to flirt so heavily. She just had no boundaries or filter or ability to set limits for herself in that way. She did stray a few times and she felt incredibly guilty about it. Then she would try to be totally dedicated and devoted and would kind of smoother him.

Something awful happened that put an end to that kind of behavior on her part, sadly. She got pregnant and did not think it was her boyfriend's child. So she secretly got an abortion and it messed her up psychologically for awhile. Her relationship with that boyfriend fell apart because of her hiding that whole thing and it was rough.

But she did learn a lot about herself and about what she wanted in her life. And she wanted more stability and less partying and drinking. That helped her tremendously with the ability to set limits and boundaries. She met a great man, a single father who had 2 young girls he was raising. That helped her focus on unconditional love and devotion in a larger context. They have been married for 38 years now. :love:

Last edited:

Bina

Perhaps it has something to do with Neptune-Venus having a theme of universal love as well. Neptune is the higher octave of Venus. When I was younger i told my then boyfriend, that i felt i could love everybody, he was shocked, i was just naive... I have Venus in Pisces trine Neptune... Although I had a couple of long-term committed relationships, there were always attractions to others and we had to then decide to keep it on the friendship level. I'm also totally loyal and devoted, which i think is another aspect of Venus-Neptune.
But i think ultimately Venus-Neptune is looking for some kind of higher/ideal love, which is hard to find in a relationship, so there is always a search for something more... this might need to be expressed on another level, like with Katy's cousin, who helped raise someone else's children...

sibylline

Hi all!
I haven't been able to find anything else on this natal subject but would like to hear of other people's personal experiences.

Where it comes to relationships I give everything and more for the person I'm with but I can't seem to stay loyal myself? Not necessarily seeing someone else but say if I was to meet someone while in a relationship I might lie and say I'm single or speak to others, lie about my morals etc. It's got nothing to do with not loving the person because when I'm in a relationship they are literally the centre of my world but they never seem to be enough. I don't know if it's the excitement or buzz? Things getting too stable etc that makes me want to do it, has anyone else experienced this? Have you overcome it or met someone that's made you change? Even if it's a Square or Opposition please let me know your experiences

Thanks!

The Venus conjunct Neptune can manifest in different ways, depending on its sign, house, and the entirety of the chart. Some Venus/Neptune can be extremely focused on their partners, willing to sacrifice their own needs and desires for the good of the relationship, and always believing the best about their partner and relationship. They literally do not care about any other prospects. Other Venus/Neptune can be overly idealistic, have lax morals in relationships, always believing there is something else or someone else to be experienced in love. It just depends on their chart and background.

You sound like you have Uranus or fire signs prominent in your chart. I would look at how these factors mix with the Venus/Neptune.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Venus/Neptune aspect indicates a deep desire, conscious or subconscious, to seek a soul mate. This is a soul yearning to experience the unity of the Divine, like it knew as a young soul. Therefore there may be an attempt to grab onto someone else who feels like the other half.

Confusions, delusions, deceptions are common with this placement.

There may also be a deeply held belief that love has to be perfect. A beloved may be put on a pedestal, only to fall as human foibles emerge.

There will be a need to be realistic and honest in relationships. Integrate spirituality with sexuality. Set healthy boundaries.

The conjunct is showing that you have worked on these issues in many past lives, with a good degree of success. In this life, it is a final integration and practice of the issues.

Julia

aquarius7000

Venus-Neptune also means deception in terms of money matters. Venus-Neptune also means over-indulgence in things that will help the native escape reality. Venus-Neptune also shows an extreme love for nature and tranquility.

Venus-Nep can mean many things. However, the native's chart is required in order to discern how it could affect the native.