Could someone read my chart?

shannonmelissa

Hoping someone would be kind enough to read my chart for me? I'm curious to see how accurate my birth chart is to my personality and my life. My sun sign (scorpio) is almost an exact match to who I am...

Thank you so much!!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_shannon_hp.10116.23723.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_shannon_hp.10116.23723.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 44

Horus

Is 4:30 pm an approximate birth time, or the exact time listed on a birth certificate? The reason this matters here is because your Mercury is one minute away from being in Scorpio, and your Moon is also barely in Leo. An earlier actual birthtime could make your Moon in Cancer, a later one could mean your Mercury is really in Scorpio.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hoping someone would be kind enough to read my chart for me? I'm curious to see how accurate my birth chart is to my personality and my life. My sun sign (scorpio) is almost an exact match to who I am...

Thank you so much!!

You chart is the blueprint of your life. There are only four reasons why it wouldn't be deadly accurate:

1. the time or date or place is wrong or all three are wrong

2. you got a computer printout instead of a real astrologer

3. the astrologer was a beginner, not a professional

4. the issues brought up are things you don't want to admit because they are too hard to deal with at this time in your life.

Astrology is the blueprint of what you set up for yourself in this life before you were born. It is what it is.

Last edited:

shannonmelissa

My exact time of birth is 4:29pm according to my birth certificate. I didn't realize that one minute could make such a difference... I still don't understand exactly what that means lol....

kimbermoon

Your overall personality is a blend of Scorpio, Taurus and Cancer/Leo; while you own the Scorpio traits, as you have mentioned, others are apt to see you in a different light, when you don the mask of your outer Taurus rising sign. You are apt to tone down the emotional intensity of Scorpio and act in a more warmhearted and placid way initially, although when you encounter resistance you can take on an attitude of stubbornness or anger when someone flashes a red flag in front of you. You can appear quite persistent and self-assured on the surface, yet with Scorpio you can still become inflexible or resentful. How we appear on the surface is often quite different from the true self in normal situations and with the Sun as the polar opposite this can be quite disruptive in relationships, especially considering the addition of Pluto in your 7th H. That can make you rather indomitable and fierce in your efforts to maintain control. When threatened your innate survival instinct is quick to show itself. Then there is the influence of the Moon that plays into the emotional aspect of your personality. Do you see yourself as being the caring, nurturing type when with others; or lean more towards the fiery expression of Leo?

Horus

My exact time of birth is 4:29pm according to my birth certificate. I didn't realize that one minute could make such a difference... I still don't understand exactly what that means lol....

Thanks for checking! This one minute difference didn't end up altering anything once I plugged it in -we'd need a more significant difference to change either the Moon or Mercury's sign but they are each right on the edge of their signs in what's known as a "critical degree" in astrology. See:
http://cafeastrology.com/criticaldegrees.html

I just wondered if this was one of those situations like my younger brother's where he couldn't find his birth certificate and our mom couldnt remember when he was born ("sometime in the afternoon, 2ish to 4ish" she says). So we don't really know where his Ascendant is because it was shifting between signs then. We just entered "2:30" and guessed.

Anyway, I'll get back to you on the rest-- gotta run!

shannonmelissa

Your overall personality is a blend of Scorpio, Taurus and Cancer/Leo; while you own the Scorpio traits, as you have mentioned, others are apt to see you in a different light, when you don the mask of your outer Taurus rising sign. You are apt to tone down the emotional intensity of Scorpio and act in a more warmhearted and placid way initially, although when you encounter resistance you can take on an attitude of stubbornness or anger when someone flashes a red flag in front of you. You can appear quite persistent and self-assured on the surface, yet with Scorpio you can still become inflexible or resentful. How we appear on the surface is often quite different from the true self in normal situations and with the Sun as the polar opposite this can be quite disruptive in relationships, especially considering the addition of Pluto in your 7th H. That can make you rather indomitable and fierce in your efforts to maintain control. When threatened your innate survival instinct is quick to show itself. Then there is the influence of the Moon that plays into the emotional aspect of your personality. Do you see yourself as being the caring, nurturing type when with others; or lean more towards the fiery expression of Leo?

I don't see too many of the Leo traits, I am more caring and compassionate to others, often feeling and putting myself in their shoes so to speak to understand and empathize with them and their situations. Although, I have a very shy personality with people I do not know or just met, and don't go out of my way to introduce myself or even engage in conversation so a lot of people peg me as snobby or rude due to my socialization skills lol. I AM very persistent, but I'm not quite sure what you mean about pluto in my 7th house.

shannonmelissa

I don't see too many of the Leo traits, I am more caring and compassionate to others, often feeling and putting myself in their shoes so to speak to understand and empathize with them and their situations. Although, I have a very shy personality with people I do not know or just met, and don't go out of my way to introduce myself or even engage in conversation so a lot of people peg me as snobby or rude due to my socialization skills lol. I AM very persistent, but I'm not quite sure what you mean about pluto in my 7th house.

Horus

I'll answer part of this.

While the Moon is the central processor of emotions, it's not its Leo energy that's responsible for your caring nature. Also, the Moon is receptive, a yin function -it doesnt act out, it may provide emotional motivation, but it's not the doer in the chart, it's about needs, and a Leo Moon needs some attention and recognition. Being ignored is usually anathema to a Leo Moon -this is what I've noticed anyway, in how it operates with my mother, a former Scorpio lover, and in a close Scorpio buddy of mine. Is this true for you?

Scorpio is a sensitive water sign, so you pick up on other people's feelings -- that's where some of the empathy comes from. You also have Neptune in a tight trine with your Taurus ASC and this lends more sensitivity to your dealings with others and compassion too, because Neptune is the ruler of a very compassionate sign -Pisces, and so it's conferring a little of that through this aspect.

As for reserved social behavior...neither Taurus nor Scorpio are outgoing social signs, and the ruler of your ASC, Venus, is another passive Yin planet hanging out in Scorpio's natural house. I'm sure that there must be some liking for it or inclination though, because Venus in Sagittarius usually likes being out there in the world and exploring new things, and you have two planets in Libra which is a very social sign. They aspect Jupiter which usually expands or ovedoes it --hard aspects (like an opposition) with Jupiter usually equal excess of some sort. Perhaps because Jupiter is in the sign of individuality and in the house of solitude it adds that to Mercury's thinking and Mars' desires. They also square your Moon which may feel like hanging out at home (4th house).

Last edited:

shannonmelissa

I'll answer part of this.

While the Moon is the central processor of emotions, it's not its Leo energy that's responsible for your caring nature. Also, the Moon is receptive, a yin function -it doesnt act out, it may provide emotional motivation, but it's not the doer in the chart, it's about needs, and a Leo Moon needs some attention and recognition. Being ignored is usually anathema to a Leo Moon -this is what I've noticed anyway, in how it operates with my mother, a former Scorpio lover, and in a close Scorpio buddy of mine. Is this true for you?

Scorpio is a sensitive water sign, so you pick up on other people's feelings -- that's where some of the empathy comes from. You also have Neptune in a tight trine with your Taurus ASC and this lends more sensitivity to your dealings with others and compassion too, because Neptune is the ruler of a very compassionate sign -Pisces, and so it's conferring a little of that through this aspect.

As for reserved social behavior...neither Taurus nor Scorpio are outgoing social signs, and the ruler of your ASC, Venus, is another passive Yin planet hanging out in Scorpio's natural house. I'm sure that there must be some liking for it or inclination though, because Venus in Sagittarius usually likes being out there in the world and exploring new things, and you have two planets in Libra which is a very social sign. They aspect Jupiter which usually expands or ovedoes it --hard aspects (like an opposition) with Jupiter usually equal excess of some sort. Perhaps because Jupiter is in the sign of individuality and in the house of solitude it adds that to Mercury's thinking and Mars' desires. They also square your Moon which may feel like hanging out at home (4th house).

Yes, this is correct, I very much dislike being ignored. The silence kills me. It almost poses as a challenge when I'm put in the situation. As a child, when my siblings would ignore me, I would do anything to get their attention again, usually candy did the trick. Unfortunately, I can't bribe the average adult with candy to stop ignoring me... (i don't know why, put a pack of gummy bears in front of me and i think I'd have a hard time resisting :) lol) Luckily I am very rarely put into any such situation.

In regards to the social behaviour, I most definitely do like exploring new things and I do enjoy attention when I want it. I am a singer, so when it comes to the stage, I'm very vibrant and outgoing but out of the spotlight, I am very reserved. I would much rather sit back and watch what's going on and speculate then anything else, unless of course I'm with a group of friends that I really know, then it's a whole different story. i guess I'm a bit of a chameleon. I love being at home, or being anywhere that brings back that "home" feeling, Like visiting the town I grew up in.

We are all such complex characters, aren't we! :tongue:

Horus

Yes, this is correct, I very much dislike being ignored. The silence kills me. It almost poses as a challenge when I'm put in the situation. As a child, when my siblings would ignore me, I would do anything to get their attention again, usually candy did the trick. Unfortunately, I can't bribe the average adult with candy to stop ignoring me... (i don't know why, put a pack of gummy bears in front of me and i think I'd have a hard time resisting :) lol) Luckily I am very rarely put into any such situation.

It works on me! Licorice, dark chocolate...I shouldn't be revealing all this! Now I can be controlled! :pinched:

OK, this was something I was wondering about actually so this is good information. You have Chiron in Gemini in the 2nd house. Chiron is a large assteroid in orbit between Saturn and Uranus, and in mythology he was the wounded healer. Chiron represents our wounds, and the sign tells us the nature of the wound. Gemini has to do with communication and siblings, so this wound can manifest in any number of ways -trouble thinking, speaking, reading, writing, and/or brothers and sisters hurt you. It's affecting the 2nd house which has to do with money, but more deeply than that, it has to do with our values -including our self-worth. So a wound here could affect that...

In regards to the social behaviour, I most definitely do like exploring new things and I do enjoy attention when I want it. I am a singer, so when it comes to the stage, I'm very vibrant and outgoing but out of the spotlight, I am very reserved. I would much rather sit back and watch what's going on and speculate then anything else, unless of course I'm with a group of friends that I really know, then it's a whole different story. i guess I'm a bit of a chameleon. I love being at home, or being anywhere that brings back that "home" feeling, Like visiting the town I grew up in.

We are all such complex characters, aren't we! :tongue:

Indeed!

Years ago, I dated a singer of a heavy metal thrash band who was the same way...I think she was a Cancer (more reserved part) with a little bit of Leo -the creative performer on stage.

Your LEO Moon motivates that creative self-expression in music. Most of the famous actors and musicians out there so often have prominent Leo: ASCs, luminaries (Suns & Moons), or personal planets in Leo's natural house -the 5th.

I was going to ask you if you had an artistic, creative outlet because it is strongly represented in your chart by not only Leo, but planets in Libra -which is an artistic sign concerned with design and harmony, and Mercury there could be a creative writer of stories, poetry or lyrics. Taurus is also artistic, and Scorpio! The keyphrase for Scorpios is "I create" -many folks forget that and focus on our Shadowy stuff.

Last edited:

shannonmelissa

Yes, I am a lover of dark chocolate as well, it's only fair seeing as I revealed my gummy bear addiction, now I know for sure you can't black mail me with anything cause then I can just pull out the twirlers. HaHa!

I want to say SHUT UP! in the most sarcastic, nicest possible way because I can't even believe you just brought up Chiron. I was just researching Chiron about an hour ago and was trying to figure out what it meant in my chart.!! Get out of my head! But you are absolutely right, in regards to the family issues and the lowering of my self worth as a child and even into my adult life. I've overcome all of those obstacles simply with a positive attitude and making the negative my positive motivation to excel!
And now that you mention it, when I am on stage I really do possess a lot of the Leo characteristics. Although I have many scorpio moments on stage too with the slower sultry songs lol.
I also write a lot of poetry and I write songs as well. If I am not doing something, creating something, performing something, then I am constantly thinking about what I CAN do!

You are truly Amazing!

Horus

Yes, I am a lover of dark chocolate as well, it's only fair seeing as I revealed my gummy bear addiction, now I know for sure you can't black mail me with anything cause then I can just pull out the twirlers. HaHa!

The Gummis would probably get me too, though this hasnt been tested since middleschool when my German class was selling them, and I ended up eating far more than I sold and owing them, big time! haha

I want to say SHUT UP! in the most sarcastic, nicest possible way because I can't even believe you just brought up Chiron. I was just researching Chiron about an hour ago and was trying to figure out what it meant in my chart.!! Get out of my head! But you are absolutely right, in regards to the family issues and the lowering of my self worth as a child and even into my adult life. I've overcome all of those obstacles simply with a positive attitude and making the negative my positive motivation to excel!

hah! :biggrin:

Yeah that's your Sagittarius planets -it's a verrry optimistic sign, and my favorite!

But having a little bit of pain and sorrow often makes for the best art and music, when one channels a little of that into it. I'm sure that you probably write and sing from your heart and some of what has shaped you, good times and bad (or challenging).

shannonmelissa

Yes you are right! Most of my poetry especially, channels any pain, or sorrow that I've been through or am going through. It's like therapy I assume (never been in therapy before).