The Importance of Asteroids

hildegard

Hi y'all!

I am really curious whether you consider asteroid placements important in natal chart interpretation or not and why. I thought I had an empty first house until discovering that my Psyche falls there. I appreciate if you share your opinions on the role of asteroids in natal astrology.

Thanks very much :smile:

waybread

Astrologers are divided as to whether asteroids are important or not. About all I can suggest is that you read about them and work with them in your horoscope, To see if they seem meaningful in your life. There are over 17,000 named asteroids, so just be very clear about which ones you use, and why. I think they have meaning, but only if used very judiciously.

In the matter of empty houses, look at the planet that rules the sign on the house cusp. By its own house and aspects it will provide a lot of information about the house in question.

*emma*

Banned
IMo there are too many asteroids to have any meaningful significance, there seems to be one for every conscious idea, not checked if mickeymouse is there but wouldnt be surprised

Eta they are all suposed to be within the orbits of mars and jupiter which also makes me wonder how the interpretations of them seem to span all the known planets, and other stuff, my philosophy is keep things simple

Last edited:

dr. farr

I have not really investigated the matter so I can't give an informed opinion: EXCEPT regarding Lilith: here my experiences have convinced me of its unquestioned influence (I consider the net Lilith influence similar to a "mini-South Node" in nature)
Perhaps other asteroids (or postulated "planets", "transneptunians", etc) might yield influences of much significance for those who have studied, researched and have had experience, in applying them...

gen6k

transneptunians are more societal than asteroids. i mean society does abide to asteroids, but they are more of a personal development.

even the Alfred Witte transneptunians which are calculated by pure speculation are noted to have an effect because "every orbit range" every movement of the universe is tied to actions.

im currently under chiron square mercury and i feel wounded mentally for about a year. i just started to read phil again recently. i cant finish a book yet, but eventually i'll be able to like around feb. this is partially like getting bored right away and not having a taste for it, an existential wounding towards reading phil because its depressing, but its also a memory type phenomena.

chiron transits are powerful. i havent checked out lilith in transit, but its kinda powerful in the natal.

the chiron sq mercury is negative, but it also has positive effects. i wasent aware that im able to make representamens of like solar system activity.

learning astrology increases the capacity for symbolic logic and its a visual type instead of a pure reading comprehension field. this opened me up to be able to make images of basically the plantary positions and all that and then my mind became "topological" in general.

also i have Sedna a transneptunian conjunct my sun its retrograding right now, but it made me liable to running in to sociopaths and it made my thoughts like oceanic and kind of barren. everything became a watery imagination kind of like im looking through the enviornment and just walking outside and kinda just like wavering.

The Centaurs are different than Close to Earth for example.

its important for more precise calculations. if you miss the chiron is doesnt make sense here

Eris is another TNO and Bill Gates and Steve Jobs both have Eris conjunct Moon. it makes them both kind of rustic looking and really executive managerial, but not in any overbearing sense.

Sedna is what rudolf steiner had conjunct his sun, and he kinda started modern type new age. not the occult it existed for a long time, but he made up some "religion" almost except its a practice.

Chiron is not the whole transit its more of a Psychological-marker of a wound inside the person.

the sky is coordinated intelligently. it doesnt put planetary positions in arbitrary just randomly. it doesnt let someone just fall off the earth randomly either, but it doesnt have a Divine Logic that we can read.

so the only reason why one transit is happening is release and development from another transit. the only reason why one has a certain alignment is towards the whole of it. one transit is a sign of the existence of another. its a logical story almost.

people usually have one career or a few careers, but that wouldnt be possible without integration.

its way better to look at known asteroids and TNOs when something goes wrong to get the full story.
its like a reconfig for my brain actually. the old thoughts were too inside like cliches, and a lot of my thought was too lateral i guess. i was able to step back from everything and look at it from a more spiritual perspective.

this is my favorite sedna experience song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCUc3Kbphr4

Last edited:

dr. farr

One example (regarding Lilith)
In the chart of the challenger disaster (11:38 AM, 1/28/86, Cape Canaveral, FLA), using whole sign house format, we find Lilith rising in the ascendant (@26 Taurus), Lilith being in longitudinal conjunction with the star Algol (quite a - conjunction!)
Also Lilith is within 2 degrees square Jupiter and 1 degree opposition Mars in this chart.
(For futher information re to the Challenger disaster see the thread of this same name in the Electional and Event subform of the General Astrology section)

Moog

Personally, I've yet to really conquer my ABC's; using traditional planets and techniques in order to wring the most out of them.

With traditional forms of astrology, there's a wealth of truly practical and applicable material that helps one interpret charts out there, particularly in the Indian texts.

I've not been so impressed by interpretive material that's been written regarding outer planets, asteroids, and other experimental bodies.

dr. farr

I've not been so impressed by interpretive material that's been written regarding outer planets, asteroids, and other experimental bodies.

I also have not been much impressed by the literature re to the outers, in English, over the past few decades: HOWEVER, the earlier Modernist authors-some of them at least-have provided what I consider to be impressive and very reliable information regarding the outers: I especially refer to the work of Charles Carter, but also include the early Llewyln, Sepharial (Walter Gorn), Ebertin, M.P. Hall, Witte, Heindel and Robson material as well: these are the sources I use in reference to the outers, and have found these indications of much value in delineation.

My knowledge of the asteroids, etc, is strictly limited to my studies about, and my delineative experiences with, Lilith.

Last edited:

!4C

The asteroid Lilith, symbolized in the astro.com free charts as a crescent moon on a cross.
As far as I know the symbol you described is Black Moon (apogee), the asteroid (1181) is displayed as "Lilit" and Waldemath (H58) shows as as "Walde".

Is transits to asteroid Lilith more internalized? Mine is conjunct natal Uranus so it is difficult to determine an effects.

gen6k

http://www.astrologicaldepth.com/TNOIntro.htm

heres two lists of TNOs

136108, 90482, 136199, 90377, 50000, 136472, 225088, 84522, 120347, 58534

148780, 66652, 65489, 19521, 53311, 38628, 28978, 50000, 38083, 88611, 42355

the first one is largest diameter:
the second is some profiled ones:

i checked all of these and are facinating themes.
logos recently conjuncted my moon.

alfred witte did have some kind of magic sense maybe:
http://www.astrolreport.com/images-w/witte.alfred.png
not everyone can make up TNO points.

Last edited:

dr. farr

I have been much impressed by Witte (who died tragically as a result of Nazi anti-astrology persecution) Witte really is responsible for the re-emergence of midpoints (found originally in the work of 13th century master-astrologer Guido Bonatti), Ebertin having been a student of Witte's school of astrology prior to striking out on his own (with Cosmobiologie)
However, I have not experimented with much of Witte's material (very limited experiments with a few of the transneptunians), so I cannot comment on this very interesting material, from reliable experience. It is a field worthy of study and investigational experimentation, certainly so!!

dr. farr

Of course they are not asteroids, however, many tend to lump them together with asteroids as part of the non-traditional horoscopic elements considered by many in Modernist astrology.