Ideas for completely starting over in my 40's, please?

Hi,
I have recently come to a fairly grinding halt in my life, with almost nothing left (materially). I have to completely start over, and am getting the feeling I really do need to start in a new direction. Until now I have had a profession (academic research/teaching) and never thought what else I can do. I'm not enormously confident I can do anything else.
I wondered if looking at my chart (hopefully attached) any particularly obvious new career path seems apparent? I imagine research is shown by my 8th house but is anything else? I have always been a little nonplussed by the emphasis on sex/death given here as I have never had an unusual interest in either. I do value analysis, deep thinking, and communication.
Perhaps I should be focussing on my North node or 6th house? Any possible avenues to try would be very welcome, as I'm feeling very stuck at the moment. Thank you!

Attachments

• Natal chart CP.jpg
    Natal chart CP.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 34
I... can try. Is this enough?
I've had some heavy-duty action around my Asc, plus some strong oppositions/squares. I'm expecting to be ground to nothing - I just want to come back better!

Attachments

• Natal and transits CP 9th May 2020.jpg
    Natal and transits CP 9th May 2020.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 30
Dear Boleyn, thanks for commenting - I was born at a fairly high latitude. I did wonder about my Jupiter. I read recently that it might be that I have to wait until my progressed Jupiter goes direct in order to fully utilise it, but I'll be 50 by then! Perhaps I need to start now to gain momentum. Have you found anything similar? Also - thanks for encouragement about the Mercury-Pluto. i'm hoping it's a strength I can really truly use.

roz

Pluto is transiting opposite your natal Saturn. This is a challenging transit that can create conflicts with authority. especially as your Saturn is in the 7th house. Needing to break free. possibly from a relationship. Are you sure you want to change careers entirely or is it just a question of money? You have sun opposition jupiter which means you need to watch your spending. Your second house of money is ruled by Neptune which is in the tenth of career. Neptune here can confuse your career goals but it is making positive aspects. This might be good for working in a creative field? The hard aspect is Venus square neptune which can make you ignore money problems. It is an idealistic aspect that you could definitely use but you need to really watch your money. And maybe avoid any kind of partnerships relating to career as they might be deceptive.
Moon in the 3rd is good for communication and because you have the mercury Pluto conjunction anything where you have to use your analytic skills would be good. Why don't you want to work in academia any more? You need to find something where you can utilise your strengths. I don't know what area your education is in but you should look at related fields.

Hi Roz - thanks for these thoughts. I'm not necessarily wanting to cast away my previous career, but I had to have a break (caring for parents) meaning I'm no longer competitive - getting a lectureship would be difficult now. I've spent my life on short-term research contracts, always moving, always having to rent, always thinking if I just grin and bear it I'll get to a more secure place.
It never happened and I'm a little tired of working long hours for a relatively low wage and no security. So it's security more than money, but money is a big part of that, I suppose. I'm on my own, am likely to continue that way, and spent my savings during my career break. I'm fiscally responsible but not good at asking for my due. Basically, I need a career where I can afford a home. I just want a home. Basic but true.
It would make sense to use my (medical research/university teaching) background but academics are clueless at transferable skills so I thought this might be a springboard to people saying, well, have you thought about this? I also know I have confidence issues outside my competency. Your comments about creativity are an example that have set me thinking about new possibles, thank you. I will continue to think...