Losing All Hope

DisPater

The title says it all: I've lost hope.

I am REALLY struggling in career and love. Both seem to have gone to sh*t for me. It's getting worse and worse.

Any advice would mean the world to me - especially regarding love and career.

Thank you for reading, even if you don't comment. :)

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

AstroB

Can you post your natal chart with transits? It would allow us to get a better glance at what is happening right now.
Hang in there :)

DisPater

Sure, here are the transits.

Thank you for replying. It means a lot that people care. :)

I'm in a pretty bad place, I hope the transits show it.

Attachments

• Transit.jpg
    Transit.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 29

noraleader

Banned
excellent hope is rotten stuff really :) boy your chart has got some wiide aspects, eg. the squares are off by ten degrees who acknowledges ten degrees as an aspect..?!

there's been a lot of posts (check rahu's posts..) for ascendant and north node lately, you might amuse yourself chasing them down. opposing your luminaries, fun!

venus, love + money 5th house, good aspect with jupiter in 2nd house sag, you oughta be prosperous?! (i dunno.. i'm a novice tbh)

north node transit opposed saturn, could be current problems. saturn right on jupiter. i guess that means, persevere, hang in there and work for success (i know, i've been getting a lot of that.. it's not great to hear when you get month after month of no results). chiron just on saturn..

but i figure, in the next year, you have jupiter opposing natal saturn, coming alignments with natal mercury, and then mars with jupiter, ought to give you some boosts and insights. then neptune on saturn, then pluto on uranus and neptune in a few years.. lots of upcomings for you.. uranus ought to hit natal sun before then.

i'm probably missing all sorts of things, but the progression of these four groups of upcoming transits (eg. i'm not even considering non-conjunct aspects of transit) seem to describe a scenario of thinking (mercury) expansion (mars on jupiter) and increasing changes (uranus on sun then pluto) which sounds to me like you're going to learn something and grow. great to do when other things aren't working.

the thing about hope is it keeps you hanging on so every day that there's no change is agonic. when you shed that anticipation, tension, it's a lot easier to deal with the things you have to deal with.

anyway it looks like you have changes soon according to the transits. i know this is a very light hearted post, i'm sort of distracting myself from other matters.. i'm just exiting ("hope"fully! hah) a 4 month jobless stasis myself, which was abysmal. often i'd just lie on the floor and wait, when not posting superficial interpretations on an astrology website ;)

there's more to life than love and money, even sometimes to careers and occupations and doing things, sometimes there is only.. being.. and patience.. and tolerance for it.. at least, that was my perspective.. good luck! :)

Last edited:

waybread

With your conjunct sun and moon sitting on the cusp of your 7th house of permanent relationships, it means a lot to you to go through life as a couple. So when you don't have a solid relationship, you're liable to feel it a whole lot more than most people.

But you've got another modality here, which is your 7th house ruler Venus in independent Aries, in a house that deals with love affairs, flirting, and short-term flings, vs. the "I Do" type of relationship. Do you want a relationship yet paradoxically not to be tied down? The other meanings of the 5th house, however, are the things we do for recreation, and children. If we focus on recreation, I hope you are doing things like sports or outdoor activities that allow you to express your independent side apart from your desire for a permanent relationship.

Sorry that your career aspirations are taking a beating just now, but you are way too young to give up hope on them! What type of career are you pursuing?

Jupiter in the chart shows where and how we feel optimistic and supported in life. With Saturn hitting Jupiter just now, it can be hard for you to feel optimistic. But Saturn only asks us to be careful realists, and to put in needed corrections in our course of life.

In other words, This Too Shall Pass, but it's best if you can learn some life lessons along the way.

DisPater

Thank you for the response!

excellent hope is rotten stuff really :) boy your chart has got some wiide aspects, eg. the squares are off by ten degrees who acknowledges ten degrees as an aspect..?!

Oops ... I forgot to fix that. I've re-attached it with a 75% orb-fact so it isn't such a mess. :biggrin:

there's been a lot of posts (check rahu's posts..) for ascendant and north node lately, you might amuse yourself chasing them down. opposing your luminaries, fun!

Will do. That polarity has always confused me, in Vedic and Western styles; my essential nature is very Taurean, but the chart seems to say that I should strive toward the NN & POF in Scorpio.

venus, love + money 5th house, good aspect with jupiter in 2nd house sag, you oughta be prosperous?! (i dunno.. i'm a novice tbh)

Strangely, I haven't been prosperous in either department, though I am still young...

north node transit opposed saturn, could be current problems. saturn right on jupiter. i guess that means, persevere, hang in there and work for success (i know, i've been getting a lot of that.. it's not great to hear when you get month after month of no results). chiron just on saturn..

but i figure, in the next year, you have jupiter opposing natal saturn, coming alignments with natal mercury, and then mars with jupiter, ought to give you some boosts and insights. then neptune on saturn, then pluto on uranus and neptune in a few years.. lots of upcomings for you.. uranus ought to hit natal sun before then.

i'm probably missing all sorts of things, but the progression of these four groups of upcoming transits (eg. i'm not even considering non-conjunct aspects of transit) seem to describe a scenario of thinking (mercury) expansion (mars on jupiter) and increasing changes (uranus on sun then pluto) which sounds to me like you're going to learn something and grow. great to do when other things aren't working.

the thing about hope is it keeps you hanging on so every day that there's no change is agonic. when you shed that anticipation, tension, it's a lot easier to deal with the things you have to deal with.

Learning and growing sounds promising. Thanks for the advice. I find it hard in praxis though; it's easy for someone to resign themselves to being a pawn on the board of fate. :tongue:

anyway it looks like you have changes soon according to the transits. i know this is a very light hearted post, i'm sort of distracting myself from other matters.. i'm just exiting ("hope"fully! hah) a 4 month jobless stasis myself, which was abysmal. often i'd just lie on the floor and wait, when not posting superficial interpretations on an astrology website ;)

there's more to life than love and money, even sometimes to careers and occupations and doing things, sometimes there is only.. being.. and patience.. and tolerance for it.. at least, that was my perspective.. good luck! :)

Sorry to hear about that bad period. It certainly is hard to shift your focus, but that's the only option, so I'll go for it and choose to "be" instead of "hope".

Thanks again.

JUPITERASC

Thank you for the response!
Oops ... I forgot to fix that. I've re-attached it with a 75% orb-fact so it isn't such a mess. :biggrin:

Will do. That polarity has always confused me, in Vedic and Western styles; my essential nature is very Taurean, but the chart seems to say that I should strive toward the NN & POF in Scorpio.

Strangely, I haven't been prosperous in either department, though I am still young...

Learning and growing sounds promising. Thanks for the advice. I find it hard in praxis though;
it's easy for someone to resign themselves to being a pawn on the board of fate. :tongue:

Sorry to hear about that bad period.
It certainly is hard to shift your focus,
but that's the only option,
so I'll go for it
and
choose to "be" instead of "hope".

Thanks again.
advice on how to shift your focus re: depression and anxiety https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7awYTTF0h8 :smile:

DisPater

But you've got another modality here, which is your 7th house ruler Venus in independent Aries, in a house that deals with love affairs, flirting, and short-term flings, vs. the "I Do" type of relationship. Do you want a relationship yet paradoxically not to be tied down?

Most definitely. Perhaps I should try not to have my cake and eat it too. :tongue:

Sorry that your career aspirations are taking a beating just now, but you are way too young to give up hope on them! What type of career are you pursuing?

Writing, which is a tough career to be successful in. Perhaps I should get used to taking a beating with it ever now and then. I do have a tendency to imagine a terrible future instead of focusing on the present (Mercury exactly trining and applying to Neptune?).

Jupiter in the chart shows where and how we feel optimistic and supported in life. With Saturn hitting Jupiter just now, it can be hard for you to feel optimistic. But Saturn only asks us to be careful realists, and to put in needed corrections in our course of life.

In other words, This Too Shall Pass, but it's best if you can learn some life lessons along the way.

Thank you for the analysis. I can't wait for Saturn to get off Jupiter's back. I'll try to shift my focus from career and relationship; sic transit gloria mundi and all that. :devil:

noraleader

Banned
you're sounding totally articulate and enabled :) i've got saturn (taurus) vs. jupiter (scorp) for a lifetime. another epithet.. "what doesn't kill me.." :)

wilsontc

Staff member
Pluto on IC, to DisPater

DisPater,

You said:
I am REALLY struggling in career and love. Both seem to have gone to sh*t for me. It's getting worse and worse.

Right now transiting (moving planets in the sky) Pluto (transformation :pluto:) is on your IC (inner world), indicating a time of deep inner transformation. This suggests a time of "death and rebirth" inwardly where old, deeply held beliefs die and/or are transformed into a whole new way of experiencing your inner world.

Transformationally,

Tim

waybread

Re: Pluto on IC, to DisPater

If you want to be a writer you have to have a really tough skin. Generally the successful writers are the ones who temperamentally are dogged enough to persist despite rejection. They learn from criticisms, revise their work to make it better, and then try again. Think of an Olympic figure skater, who falls on the ice many times before making it to the finals, and then learns how to recover from a fall in front of the judges.

Most aspiring writers need a day job. Teaching English isn't a bad one, because it's more aligned with writing. than waiting on tables. Then take all the workshops, and courses in creative writing that you can. Join or start a writers group, either locally or on line, where you read your work and offer feedback to others.

With your sun-moon conjunct your 7th house cusp, I think you'd be good in a field that requires a one-on-one relationship with a client, such as counseling. I also wonder whether you are good in sports, with your Mars in Leo in what is called the "Gauquelin power zone" for athletes. Even if you think you're not, there's nothing like a good workout, preferably outdoors in sunlight, to improve your mood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_effect

katydid

What kind of writing do you envision?

Your Mercury, being in an exact trine with Neptune in the 3rd, is in a great aspect for creative writing. But it is a very tough way to make a living. My husband has done it as a freelance writer for 30 years now but it can be rough. You need to NETWORK, promote yourself shamelessly, and work very hard. It is both a 'solitary' profession AND a very social profession. The work itself is very lonely and solitary. You need to lock yourself away with no distractions to finish a solid script. And yet, one needs to be socially active and on top of things to constantly get new contacts for jobs. There is a lot of cut throat competition for every work opportunity. :alien:

katydid

One of the best ways that I know of for someone to break into the business of screenwriting, is to come to LA or NYC and try and get an internship at a studio or a literary agent or something along those lines. After a successful internship, some are hired as writers assistants. They then are like 'apprentices' in the script writing departments. Eventually, one can get their name on a script if they pitch a good idea that is accepted by the staff.