Based on my chart - would Psychology be a good field for me?

mermaidd

Banned
I've been struggling with this for quite a while and I think I may have actually decided to go through with Psychology. I like helping people and while I would probably most enjoy being a doctor or a nurse (I'm way too squeamish for it) I think something in the Psychology field would be a good fit with me. I'm just wanting to know anyone's opinions on it. Any strong points or weak points I may have in regards to how well I would do would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:

waybread

Mermaid, have you looked into the different branches of psychology, and considered which one most appeals to you? I think it would make a difference. Also, you would probably need at least a master's degree to practice clinical psychology, if this is your interest. Are you prepared for the academic long-haul?

Have you thought about social work? This would probably require a MSW, but this might appeal to your care-giving nature without requiring an anatomy class!

Your ruler of your 10th house of career is Mercury, in your 12th house. You have a huge focus on your 11th and 12th houses. The 11th "house of friends" also includes large organizations, notably where you can befriend your co-workers. The 12th rules misfortunate people and people who are shut-in in some way, such as in hospitals, prisons, nursing homes, or even monestaries.

Your 5th house looks a bit troubled, yet with your north node there, it is where your growth lies. Here we find children, and various forms of recreation and leisure activities.

Do any of the following seem up your alley?

Hospital administration (or administration of another type of health care facility)

recreation in connection with therapy, ideally for children with disabilities

social work

human resources

teaching special-needs children

Of course, psychology could be a helpful preliminary to almost any of these fields. But I would suggest you think past the degree to your career goals, and then pull up your major behind it.

While the "see-saw" portions of your chart may give you difficulty in decision-making or tending to disown your 5th house energies, I note that your sun and moon are pretty close to conjunct and in mutual reception. You can combine Cancer's caring with Leo's brightness and generosity of spirit.

p.s. CaptureMotion, you can determine a birth date from an ephemeris, by determining the date when the planets would have been in their chart positions. Start with Pluto, and then work backwards to the inner planets.

Last edited:

Marinka

A few notes --

- Virgo ascendant will be practical, detailed, analytical, and exact which should suit the psychology field

- Pluto in Scorpio in the 3rd will give a very sharp an insightful mind which would also help in a psychology field

- The sign on the second is Virgo which is ruled by Chiron which is located in the 11th house. This indicates that money would most likely be derived from institutions (think hospitals maybe that have psychiatric wards). Your sun is also in the 11th so this is another indicator that you would like to be around other people (social). I would not interpret this to mean that you would have a private practice rather, the interpretation favors being part of a larger organization.

- Looking at the "job" aspect of your profession is found at the 6th house. The sign is Aquarius and ruled by Uranus which is in the 5th house conjunct Neptune. Your work is likely to involve being with children (Uranus 5th) possibly children that have been damaged by drugs (Uranus conjunct Neptune).

- Last note is that the 10th house (status in world) is ruled by Gemini and that is in the 12th house conjunct Jupiter which rules the 4th (endings). The 10th house can be looked at as profession/standing and it's ruler falling in the 12th house indicates a profession dealing with hidden things which is what the psychology field does. Mercury is conjunct Jupiter which brings the house of endings into this and my interpretation is that your work can help bring endings (4th) to troubled memories (12th).

Others could have different interpretations but, this is what I see when I look at the interplays in your chart. This of course will be impacted (for better or worse) by transits that occur. Also, only certain configurations were looked at so please realize that this is a limited interpretation and not meant to cover everything.

On transits, Jupiter the planet of opportunities will be moving and conjuncting planets in your 11th, 12th, and your ascendant over the next 2 to 3 years so positive opportunities and potential to accomplish your goals will be available.

Last edited:

mermaidd

Banned
Thank you both for your input! I am aware of the education I'll need to proceed with this and am fully okay with it! I actually thought working with children involving Psychology would be idyllic for me. I'll have to look into it a bit more and decide what specific area I'd most like to be in but social work might be a good option. Thanks again!