Finding the right career for me. Tired of working crummy jobs!

princess valhalla

Hi Everyone! I am having a difficult time with a career, or should I say lack of career. I have always worked sh*t jobs (minimum wage jobs.) Currently, I am not working. I just really can't bring myself to work these type of jobs any longer. For the most part, I don't think I have a "career" chart per se, I have a "relationship" chart. However, the plan fact of the matter is I need to work in order for my family to make ends meet.

I have pluto in Libra H6 and yes I have quit so many jobs I can't count them. Really, I have never had a problem with "authority figures." All my bosses have really liked me and begged me not to quit. Most of the time it starts by me starting to "no call no show." These bosses give me preferential treatment and over look it (while they would fire any other employee for the same action.) As one boss but it, "She can't make heads or tails of me. I run so hot and cold. I am so unreliable but when I am working, I work my *** off."
I have had a few problems with fellow employees (female) who have picked fights with me but I can handle myself. lol And like I said, my past bosses usually take my side anyways.

I have an Aquarius midheaven and really I think that it isn't an easy placement for finding a career. I'm 33 years old and a mom of 2 daughters. I don't have a college degree so being a psychologist, teacher, etc. is really out of the question. Not that it is impossible, just highly improbable. Really though, I want to have a purpose in life. I am a mom and while that will always be my greatest accomplishment, I still would like a career. I wouldn't mind getting a 2 year degree or a certificate or something. I have a year's worth of credits at my local community college but that is all I have as of now.

I would really appreciate it if ya'll could look at my chart and point me in the right direction as far as a career is concerned. I think being my own boss is the way to go but anything further, I can't really decipher or see in my chart. I do have a desire to become a writer and write on the side but my husband thinks that I am being unrealistic, have my head in the clouds. All I know is that I can't keep working b.s. jobs and I really want to have a career and make a difference in the world, however big or small that may be. And I really need to be making money!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• my natal chart.jpg
    my natal chart.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 42
Re: Finding the right career for me. Tired of working sh*t jobs!

Hi Everyone! I am having a difficult time with a career, or should I say lack of career. I have always worked sh*t jobs (minimum wage jobs.) Currently, I am not working. I just really can't bring myself to work these type of jobs any longer. For the most part, I don't think I have a "career" chart per se, I have a "relationship" chart. However, the plan fact of the matter is I need to work in order for my family to make ends meet.

I have pluto in Libra H6 and yes I have quit so many jobs I can't count them. Really, I have never had a problem with "authority figures." All my bosses have really liked me and begged me not to quit. Most of the time it starts by me starting to "no call no show." These bosses give me preferential treatment and over look it (while they would fire any other employee for the same action.) As one boss but it, "She can't make heads or tails of me. I run so hot and cold. I am so unreliable but when I am working, I work my *** off."
I have had a few problems with fellow employees (female) who have picked fights with me but I can handle myself. lol And like I said, my past bosses usually take my side anyways.

I have an Aquarius midheaven and really I think that it isn't an easy placement for finding a career. I'm 33 years old and a mom of 2 daughters. I don't have a college degree so being a psychologist, teacher, etc. is really out of the question. Not that it is impossible, just highly improbable. Really though, I want to have a purpose in life. I am a mom and while that will always be my greatest accomplishment, I still would like a career. I wouldn't mind getting a 2 year degree or a certificate or something. I have a year's worth of credits at my local community college but that is all I have as of now.

I would really appreciate it if ya'll could look at my chart and point me in the right direction as far as a career is concerned. I think being my own boss is the way to go but anything further, I can't really decipher or see in my chart. I do have a desire to become a writer and write on the side but my husband thinks that I am being unrealistic, have my head in the clouds. All I know is that I can't keep working b.s. jobs and I really want to have a career and make a difference in the world, however big or small that may be. And I really need to be making money!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Princess,

Jobs are simply what we do daily (6th House), and yes career or what people know you by, most Astrologers say is the (10th house or Midheaven). Also what you value about yourself can be found in the 2nd house of resources. I see the gift to gab there in Gemini (storyteller), and you have much mutable energy in your Chart with Sagittarius and Virgo.

I see you have a liking for Astrology, and that would be self evident with Aquarius in your (10th House), chances are people are saying "yeah Princess likes her Astrology". I think it could be very transforming for you to study Astrology a bit closer. And if you want to be a writer, once must write daily.

You know Mercury rules the 6th house, so to see where Mercury is hiding out, which in your case is the 7th house of partnerships in Sag, it would be wise to seek relationships with those that are wise and seek higher ground. Experience Pluto in the 6th house to transform and heal yourself to be a healer to others, and that begins with your self. Perhaps you could look to your Chiron in the 12th house of Spirituality and Oneness. Do some research on Chiron and its meanings.

You also have a couple conjunctions there like the Sun and Neptune in conjunct in Sag in the 8th house, and Jupiter and Mars Conjunct in Virgo in the 5th house. I would do a Google search on both of those meanings to leaning more about them. Also Venus and your Moon is conjunct in the 9th house.

I also see your South Node is in Pisces and your North Node is in Virgo. Do you know much about that? Perhaps using some of that analytic, detail oriented energy in Virgo will really set your soul evolve for this lifetime.

Anyhow, I hope my thoughts and words resonate with you in some way. Sometimes God is found in the details despite what others may say, especially in your case with a North Node in Virgo.

Lenzites betulina

Re: Finding the right career for me. Tired of working sh*t jobs!

You need to use your pluto in the 6th house to transform your attitudes towards work. Once you do this, you will have a healthier work ethic and will be able to work towards a career. Careers don't just magically come to us. We have to put effort into procuring one. If your relationship with everyday mundane work is poor, the foundation for a career is also poor. Use pluto to your advantage. Transform your relationship with the sixth house into a positive, that you may use this newfound strength as a framework for your future career.

Joz

Hi Princess,

Taking a quick look at your chart, you have a combination of dynamics that may seem to contradict each other. Do you feel confusion sometimes about how you really feel or want to respond to situations?

For example, Uranus on Descendant, Taurus rising - can describe a stubborn combination. Do you have strong opinions, and have to be appealed to, not pushed? However, Sun conjunct Neptune in the 8th house, even though it's wide, would still describe a softer energy, more dream-like, open and perhaps have issues with boundaries. So you are very clear about what you want and don't want...or are you?

Possibly your dilemma may be in part due to a need to know yourself better, and to acknowledge that these are all valid parts of yourself that need to be integrated. It's the eternal challenge for all of us-"Know thyself"! Then you may have more clarity about what you really want to accomplish. Your Sun Saturn square describes the need for self-realization.

With Saturn in Virgo, this may describe karmic lessons around work and routines. You may want to check out Liz Greene's interpretation of Saturn in Virgo (on google books, or even better pick it up "Saturn-A New Look at an Old Devil"). There may be fear or anxiety around routines vs chaos, and maybe there are clues in your childhood related to this.

With Moon Venus and Mars Jupiter conjunctions, you have a bubbly, magnetic personality.
I would say work that involves others, but allows you freedom from routine, would be satisfying, like consulting or project work. Your chart bears more study to see what career areas are strong, but this is a quick look.

Hope this helps:smile:

princess valhalla

Hi Joz! Yes, I am contradictory in many ways. I can be stubborn at times, especially when i know my mind. I do need to be appealed to rather than commanded or pushed when I have my mind set on something. Most of the time, however, I don't know what I want and have trouble making decisions because I see both sides of the coin.

I really feel my Sun conjunct Neptune in H8 very strongly. I feel other people's energy and it can be very draining on me physically. When I was a child, I was very psychic. My mom said I always had many imaginary friends, however, I wasn't talking to imaginary friends. When I got older, things became very scary for me. I had a very dark 'entity' that haunted me. It felt ancient, evil and not human at all. Bad things started happening in my house. It felt like a battle. I didn't talk to my parents about this. However, even they began to realize that something was there. My mom is very religious and felt the house was possessed by a demon. She anointed the house and put olive oil and crosses over all the doorways. I battled it in my mind and finally realized that I could shut the door in my mind. Things could only come through if I let them. Yeah, I know I sound crazy, but I know I'm not. lol

You are totally correct that a big problem for me is knowing myself. That's why I like astrology because it helps me do that. I understand others way more than I understand myself. I am also very kind to others but not to myself. I realize I am my own worst enemy. I have so much love for others but not myself. I've come to realize that and I am working on it. I am a work in progress. lol

Relationships (of all kinds) are very important to me. Freedom is also important to me. I really do have issues with routine and I am working on that as well. I will try to check out your recommendations. Thanks! :happy: I also have my North Node in Virgo (SN in Pisces.) So it is extra important that I work on Virgo traits. Being dreamy, spiritual, etc. comes easy to me but I need to be more organized, detail oriented, and discerning.

Consulting and project work sounds good. I'm just not sure what type. :lol:

VeryVenus

Start where you are at right now. Find your target audience: but use your starting point the place where you are right now. Choose where you are already successful, or what you like - what INTERESTS you, where you are passionate, or something that you would do even for free: choose 2-3 favorite themes, and create into it. That's why it's important to start without thinking of money. It's your interest that will intersect with others interests - there are organizations, magazines, and questionnaries out there for the people like you. Subscribe to your target audience. Don't fill their "needs" - you are to fill their WANTS. Finding out what your audience really wants - what are best selling things in your areas? A product, a service, and information - that's what people pay for. Be patient, be attentive, and dont spend too much time researching or soul searching or you might lose your inspiration - you must START as soon as possible. Think of ways that people can have access to you. Let me tell you - it's best for me to work with a group with people, that's the highest level for me. That's what I like most. But some people may prefer to work one on one. It's good to think of yourself of a being that RECEIVES and then must GIVE , or share their knowledge. I get very tired of same things, as Aries raising I must continue to Initiate and Create... But important is to make your FIRST step. The Next step will open up for you. What do you know now? What do people ask you about the most? Always look for those things that people already buy. Find a hot existing market and fall into it. You can create a product, you can launch a product, and you can educate about your product. Also there's a "solution to problem" approach. Think about a different solution to problem, a different point of view. I can talk to you some more about career coaching but there are already so many people doing it LOL. Seriously, if you need career coaching, there so many programs out there, telesummits, that it's crazy. If you have Internet, use the power in your fingertips and as Nike logo says: "JUST DO IT" -- don't ask your parents, husband, or any "old soul" for advice. Ask a career coach, ask yourself, ask your children, ask your heavenly guides -- those people that share their soul with you.

As far as the planets go. Your oriental planet is a planet of imagination , the Neptune. A lord of career, Uranus, is in the 7th house of Partnerships in passionate, secretive Scorpio. Pluto is the ruler of Scorpio in Libra in the 6th house, where Pluto is dignified. It means you have a very good astrological potential for a satisfying career. Libra is ruled by Venus in the Capricorn conjunct the Moon in the Midheaven (Love of Beauty). Uranus is hugging the Descendant which makes it angular position, in 10th duad of Capricorn which should give you good administrative skills. And lastly, North Node is the karmic way of looking at it, and it's showing us that, karmicly speaking, you must stay at home :) I think you have been Karmicly serving well, but perhaps to combine it into Aquarius you must serve the society and let go of ego, so maybe Real Estate is the way to go for you: it combines your love of beauty, your good administrative skills, and your North Node all in one! Another venue is being a Paralegal (Cap in 9th) and concentrate on helping women.

In any case, good luck!!!

princess valhalla

Thank you so very much VeryVenus! I find your advice very practical and helpful! You are so correct about Starting Now! and no more soul searching! Seriously, I have done enough of that already! I have to be more action oriented. It's probably because of a lack of cardinal planets in my chart. I am almost completely mutable and fixed energy. That is no excuse though, it just means I need to work harder on integrating that which is lacking.
I like your idea of launching a product or service that people would want. Ideally I would love to have my own business, be my own boss. I know that is something I would excel at and passionately work hard at to be successful.
Plus coming up with new solutions to old problems is something I am good at, thinking outside of the box. I just need to get my *** moving! I checked out the telesummits website briefly. It looks fantastic! I will definitely take the time to really delve into it.
I had started an herbal soap company a couple of years ago. I used real essential oils and the soaps were fantastic. I really enjoyed the process of making them! I just couldn't find a market to sell them. I sold some at flea markets and fairs but I should have started a website (which I didn't) and try selling them online or get out there to health food stores and other retailers. Instead I gave up and just starting giving them as presents to friends and family. I'm not saying that I will get back to that but it was a learning experience where I realized my faults and how I can improve on my mistakes.
Plus there is free courses where I live on entrepreneurship and starting small businesses through my local Worksource and community college. I need to use the resources available to me! I am going to brainstorm on my interests and passions and what I am good at and can really offer to the community. It has always been my intent to give back to the community after becoming successful in my endeavor.
I have considered real estate in the past as a possible profession and I am really good at administrative and organizational skills like you noted. As well as a love of beauty and art. I would love to open an art gallery. Maybe one day! I know that isn't an easy thing to do but down the line, hopefully. :biggrin:
Thanks again so much! Truly you have been so helpful. You are really good at coaching and inspiring by the way! I wish you many blessings and happiness.

Last edited:
R

rishimanglesh

Hi, if I analyse you horoscope in Vedic system, you have very strong chart.

You have exchange of 5 & 9 house and 1st house lord with 9th lord in 5th house. But all this has been spoiled by Rahu (Moon's node) in 5th house. Or to say your intellect being eclipsed by Rahu otherwise a very strong & blessed life.

You are also under influence of Rahu (1997-2015). This period should have been very lucky for you even if you have really taken really very bad & reckless decisions. To conclude, there is nothing wrong in the horoscope but you need to overcome Rahu's influence (extreme, stubbornness, exaggerated emotions) to have a steady mind & calm temperament.

Jupiter starting from 2015 will be phenomenal for your career. You are most likely to do well in a business especially in beauty & fashion (Venus influence) or home care & liquids (Moon influence) products in Capricorn sign (Physical body).

Since, there are few years for 2015 to come & you have lot of promise and I don't see any stable or significant income until then. Thus, it may be good idea for you to upgrade your skill set with proper education & plan for the moment. Jupiter will reward your efforts in learning and education.

Joz

Most of the time, however, I don't know what I want and have trouble making decisions because I see both sides of the coin.

This is a great sticky thread to check out "How to find your career in a chart", under general/vocational astrology-
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775

Ultimately, it's about making a choice. Your Sun with Neptune's boundless, open energy naturally sees many choices, so it can be hard to choose just one from the many possibilities. Go within and ask for guidance. You can use the gift of intuition you've been blessed with to help you out. This way you can own your choice.:happy:

Last edited:

princess valhalla

Hi rishimanglesh! I have looked at my vedic chart and you are absolutely correct. I agree about that NN (Rahu!) Wish it were in a different house really. I do feel blessed in so many ways. I have love and happiness in my life and although I lack money, I wouldn't trade my family/happiness for wealth. Although I do wish I had more money, not for myself really but so that I could provide a better life for my two daughters. But they are truly loved and they know that and they are happy, amazing girls that I wouldn't trade for the world. In the end, love is what truly matters. And I have been blessed to have parents that truly love me as well.
I have definitely overcome rahu's influence since I've gotten older and matured. However, I am the first to say I am a work in progress and always try to better myself.
Thank you for your guidance. I have actually wanted to go back and take courses at my community college. And I have always been interested in aromatherapy and essential oils and beauty products made from them. Such as soaps, body scrubs, fragrances, body butters, lotion, etc. I actually was a RMT (registered massage therapist) for a few years but had to quit from arthritis in my hands and a tendency to absorb the pain from my clients without knowing how to properly release the negative energy and collecting it instead. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. :love: