Should I sign this lease on Wednesday? Tired of rude new rooommate

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

Apologies for repeatedly posting the same question about different apartments, I'm simply trying to be very cautious.

I viewed an apartment yesterday and everything seemed fine (location, price point, brand new etc..). In the moment, I wanted to move forward with the process. However, I have a slight hesitation on two points:

- The landlord lives downstairs
- The bedroom doesn't have a huge window, but a small Velux which is giving me a bit of anxiety at the thought of it (although I'll probably spend most of my time in the bright living room).

I'm simply tired of my new roommate's rudeness, lack of courtesy and consideration for the current pandemic restrictions. It has been affecting my mental health, sleep and job performance at this time. I thought the former roommate leaving would solve the problem, but I found someone who is just as bad with rudeness in addition to it. We had an incident on Saturday (well, she doesn't realize I'm upset over it) and I can't stand her anymore. It's been boiling for a while, but I'm done now.

Thank you.

astro-2gw-should-i-sign-this-lease-on-wednesday-47914-29470.png

Last edited:

ElenaJ

The house is the 4th, with North node there, which is a good sign. In gemini, a dual sign, so you are sharing with others.
Mercury rules the 4th and is about to receive a trine from moon in the first house.
One sign that says, yes.
Both moon and mercury are in the exact degree of the 4th cusp, by square and inconjunct so the apartment may prove to be not all that you wanted, but it won't be especially difficult. Moon rules the 2nd of the apt, so it may be that the rent will change or you will consider it to be out of line with its value.
The neighbour is 3rd, and your significator Saturn trines the cusp, a good sign. The 3rd house is near the end of the sign, so the situation will shortly change. The 3rd is ruled by Venus, in its detriment in scorpio and approaching an opposition to Uranus in her 12th house. Unexpectedly she may disappear, but at any rate even if she doesn't with the Saturn trine to the house cusp, this won't be a problem for you.
You yourself are in your 12th house, you might want to check out how you've been acting in the situation, you are in your house of secret enemies and self undoing. Just think about it.

LostinPhilly

The house is the 4th, with North node there, which is a good sign. In gemini, a dual sign, so you are sharing with others.
Mercury rules the 4th and is about to receive a trine from moon in the first house.
One sign that says, yes.
Both moon and mercury are in the exact degree of the 4th cusp, by square and inconjunct so the apartment may prove to be not all that you wanted, but it won't be especially difficult. Moon rules the 2nd of the apt, so it may be that the rent will change or you will consider it to be out of line with its value.
The neighbour is 3rd, and your significator Saturn trines the cusp, a good sign. The 3rd house is near the end of the sign, so the situation will shortly change. The 3rd is ruled by Venus, in its detriment in scorpio and approaching an opposition to Uranus in her 12th house. Unexpectedly she may disappear, but at any rate even if she doesn't with the Saturn trine to the house cusp, this won't be a problem for you.
You yourself are in your 12th house, you might want to check out how you've been acting in the situation, you are in your house of secret enemies and self undoing. Just think about it.

Thank you, Elena. I really appreciate this constructive response.

In relation to my roommate - I think she has been quite rude since she moved in. Originally, we got along quite well and bonded over the fact we work in the same company. After a month or so, I then saw some severe lack of courtesy from her end for example:
1. If I greet her, I won't get a response 50% of the time (she does the same to the other tenant). I always greeted her, but I stopped and she will never greet anyone first.
3. She has been inviting her boyfriend over repeatedly without any heads up during lockdown restrictions which do not allow visitors. Saturday evening, I was having my dinner when she and her boyfriend barged into the living room after their week long stay outside of the city in another household with other people. She didn't even have the courtesy to tell us she was inviting someone over on a Saturday evening. The other roommate was sitting in the living area taking up all the space and I was sitting at the kitchen table. She and her boyfriend stood there watching me have dinner waiting for me to vacate the area which I believe is inappropriate.
4. She has been spending her time between our house & her boyfriend's shared apartment multiple times a week, thus putting our health at risk in the process.

I will admit, I have been quite annoyed at her lack of courtesy/disrespect and have been ignoring her (aside from the polite greeting here and there). I don't like confrontations, so I would rather keep it all myself. Yes, my behavior has been quite cold towards her. It is the result of me being fed up. There is no point in trying to be overly courteous towards someone who cannot reciprocate bare minimum respect. Saturday's incident was the last straw. I don't think she would have appreciated to be treated this way if the roles were reversed. I have been patient with her and was overly respectful when she moved in (I said yes to pretty much everything she asked). I don't have any particular issue against her personally, but her attitude has been truly off-putting from my perspective at least. I'm not innocent as I am responsible for my reactions as well, but I'm simply tired of having to please people who ultimately will do as they please.

As far as the other apartment goes - it will allow me to get rid of the roommate issue. I can already tell that although the price point is good for the area, it is a bit inflated due to the area but there are a lot of amenities around and it is very central. From a rent perspective, rent prices are locked for 2 years once set, so any chance in rent will happen in 2022 if I'm still there by then.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

"so I would rather keep it all myself."

That's you in the 12th house!

Sounds frankly like you are all missing a list of house rules.
With the excuse of Covit restrictions, you should be able to create them and insist.
Sounds like she is not used to living with others, or maybe just in her family who have spoiled her and not taught her to be respectful of others. A cold silence doesn't always work with everyone.
Clear rules and regulations should make life easier for all.

Venus in scorpio is having a good time with sex, but that Uranus opposition is coming up for her so be patient!

LostinPhilly

"so I would rather keep it all myself."

That's you in the 12th house!

Sounds frankly like you are all missing a list of house rules.
With the excuse of Covit restrictions, you should be able to create them and insist.
Sounds like she is not used to living with others, or maybe just in her family who have spoiled her and not taught her to be respectful of others. A cold silence doesn't always work with everyone.
Clear rules and regulations should make life easier for all.

Venus in scorpio is having a good time with sex, but that Uranus opposition is coming up for her so be patient!

Thank you.

We are indeed, but I simply thought she would have enough common sense to be honest. We are all grown adults/professionals. The other tenant and I never brought anyone over during the COVID restrictions (and we didn't even have to set ground rules at all). I think she's taking advantage of this.

She moved 7 times in two years (all shared apartments except the one she left before she moved in with us). It seems she hasn't been stable. She may have issues living with other people because moving 7 times in less than two years is seriously questionable.

I do not want to increase my rent by €495 in the midst of a pandemic when I would prefer to save money to be honest.

I wanted to speak to her earlier about the incident on Saturday, but she walked in with her headphones, so I restricted myself. I think she's not getting the hint by me giving her the cold shoulder and is taking advantage of it (thinking it's weakness).

ElenaJ

Just call a meeting, with the third roommate.
Lay down the rules, in writing.
Politely.

Don't just assume she is reading your mind, and will come around.