What do I look for in child's chart to find accidents/injury?

SagiCap

My child is always prone to little stumbles, spilling things, scratches - so much that it has me looking for some solution.

I'd like to know what to look for in her natal chart. Possibly to do with Mars? Please give me instructions on how to find all the little accidents in a chart. Is it Mars?

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

freedomlover

My child is always prone to little stumbles, spilling things, scratches - so much that it has me looking for some solution.

I'd like to know what to look for in her natal chart. Possibly to do with Mars? Please give me instructions on how to find all the little accidents in a chart. Is it Mars?

Thank you so much.

Hard Mars/Uranus aspects can make one accident-prone.

I'm also of the personal belief that Aries placements, esp. Aries Moon, can often make one accident-prone. I attribute this to Aries nature to jump into things without considering the consequences - a little "too" spontaneous. Also, energetically, the way you handle anger can attribute to "attracting" accidents so again, Mars/Aries would come into play.

Also, Sagittarius are know for being "clumsy" - and this can contribute to accidents. (hand raised here - guilty!:rightful:)

Posting the chart would probably be helpful to narrow down the specifics in your child's chart.

FL

SagiCap

Hard Mars/Uranus aspects can make one accident-prone.

I'm also of the personal belief that Aries placements, esp. Aries Moon, can often make one accident-prone. I attribute this to Aries nature to jump into things without considering the consequences - a little "too" spontaneous. Also, energetically, the way you handle anger can attribute to "attracting" accidents so again, Mars/Aries would come into play.

Also, Sagittarius are know for being "clumsy" - and this can contribute to accidents. (hand raised here - guilty!:rightful:)

Posting the chart would probably be helpful to narrow down the specifics in your child's chart.

FL

I hadn't even thought of Aries. Thank you so much. I don't find her inviting it - just almost as if it was really bad luck :(

Hey, I'm a Sag too. I know what u mean! :w00t:

Here's the chart. Thank you for looking.

Y1159.jpg

freedomlover

Quoting SagCap,

I hadn't even thought of Aries. Thank you so much. I don't find her inviting it - just almost as if it was really bad luck :(

Hey, I'm a Sag too. I know what u mean! :w00t:

Here's the chart. Thank you for looking.
I was also going to add that fiery energy, esp. Mars in Fire Signs, can be accident prone, because it is handling a powerful energy correctly or incorrectly.

SO! When I looked at your daughter's chart, I see that this may very likely be some of the culprits!:bandit:

The ruler of your daughter's ASC and 6th house is Mars in Leo - smack on the MC - a very "out there" energy. Mars in Leo really wants some positive attention, and can be a drama queen to get it, esp. on the MC.

Also, the co-ruler of the ASC is Pluto in Sag, tightly conjunct Chiron in Sag in her 1st house. I would look to those as the main culprits.

In addition, the ruler of her 12th house of self-undoing is Venus in Libra, which is in a tight sextile with the Pluto/Chiron conjunction in Sag. ( Sextile - goes together with). Libra can bottle up resentment, due to trying to be a people-pleaser and "fit in" ( esp, in 11th house of groups) Sag is also the sign that rules the liver - anger/resentment is stored in the liver. The combination also suggests a personality that feels she "must" go along with others - do what others tell her to do" - NO free will. (Further exacerbated by the opposition to Jupiter in Gemini in the 10th) Mercury, ruler of the 11th house of higher mind, also in Gemini, can indicate a tendency to disregard one's own ideas and go along with others.

How does this apply? Well, this is gonna come out of left field, but please, at least try to learn more about what I'm saying, before you discount it.

First of all, energetically, the bottled up anger is self-hatred - and can energetically cause self-hating things ( such as accidents) to occur. (negative energy being attracted to negative energy)

Secondly, all the airy placements can signal someone whose "head is in the clouds" - not grounded- kind of "spacey" - living in their head- out of touch with how they feel.

The solution? Venus in Libra makes an exact trine to Jupiter in Gemini in the 7th. She desperately needs to learn to listen to her own voice ( Jup in Gemini - communication with God) - and desperately needs people in her life who understand how she feels and what her personal needs are. Someone, somewhere made her feel like she wasn't going to be heard.(Moon in Cap, ruling the 9th, on cusp of 3rd, indicates a problem with authority figures) Counseling with an intuitive, spiritual therapist who understands her would probably be a good idea.

The little accidents are wake-up calls for you and her, as I see it.

FL

Frisiangal

as I see it.

A contribution expressing the positive interaction between her energies may have been better appreciated. :wink:

First of all, energetically, the bottled up anger is self-hatred - and can energetically cause self-hating things ( such as accidents) to occur. (negative energy being attracted to negative energy)

Mars in Leo can also provide the self assertion and leadership qualities necessary to make something of one's self in the world (conjunct MC), especially if a Sun-Moon in Earth are inclined towards cautiousness. Accidents don't occur when doing nothing.

Secondly, all the airy placements can signal someone whose "head is in the clouds" - not grounded- kind of "spacey" - living in their head- out of touch with how they feel

The air planets are in air signs and houses and well aspected. Would this not show an inherent attitude of wishing to be like, be with, think of, agree with, or put thers first, whereby Mars' self initiative has need to find its own expression?

The first knocks in childhood show where 'me' is asserting itself. An 8 year old is just discovering who 'me' is. It doesn't mean they are going to turn into a self-loathing individual. That chart could just as easily be suggestive of a foreign female ambassador for the US who does not take No for an answer.:smile:

Give the little girl a break and also see her positive sides.

Frisiangal

I agree with Frisi here, look for positives rather than negatives.

Secondly, all the airy placements can signal someone whose "head is in the clouds" - not grounded- kind of "spacey" - living in their head- out of touch with how they feel.

Lots of air and planets in air houses tend to talk a lot, use persuasion and can view things in clear perspectives. At it's worst end can be non commital superficial and over analyse rather than just empathise with the more noticeable lack of water element. I have lack of water and you do get stuck in emotional situations probably longer than others cos you want to 'feel the depth and breath' of emotions.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18077

The accident proneness is mars opp uranus, plus chart ruler pluto (as I'm a modern astrologer that uses Equal house) is in 1st house. Anything in 1st that is naturally ruled by Aries tends to add impatience and impulsiveness, but with pluto with is square sun in 11th (Equal) may suggest a problem with relating to father. Having said that the charts has 2lovely grand trines from uranus in 4th to saturn and venus....:biggrin:

SagiCap

I agree with Frisi here, look for positives rather than negatives.

Lots of air and planets in air houses tend to talk a lot, use persuasion and can view things in clear perspectives. At it's worst end can be non commital superficial and over analyse rather than just empathise with the more noticeable lack of water element. I have lack of water and you do get stuck in emotional situations probably longer than others cos you want to 'feel the depth and breath' of emotions.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18077

The accident proneness is mars opp uranus, plus chart ruler pluto (as I'm a modern astrologer that uses Equal house) is in 1st house. Anything in 1st that is naturally ruled by Aries tends to add impatience and impulsiveness, but with pluto with is square sun in 11th (Equal) may suggest a problem with relating to father. Having said that the charts has 2lovely grand trines from uranus in 4th to saturn and venus....:biggrin:

Hi Astro50!!! I appreciate this. I think you hit it right on about the Mars opp Uranus, the Pluto and Aries too - I can see that. I love her trines, yes. :) Hopefully she'll outgrow this. (It's almost as if these little accidents are attracted to HER - not that she moves or conducts herself in a dangerous manner.)

SagiCap

A contribution expressing the positive interaction between her energies may have been better appreciated. :wink:

Mars in Leo can also provide the self assertion and leadership qualities necessary to make something of one's self in the world (conjunct MC), especially if a Sun-Moon in Earth are inclined towards cautiousness. Accidents don't occur when doing nothing.

The air planets are in air signs and houses and well aspected. Would this not show an inherent attitude of wishing to be like, be with, think of, agree with, or put thers first, whereby Mars' self initiative has need to find its own expression?

The first knocks in childhood show where 'me' is asserting itself. An 8 year old is just discovering who 'me' is. It doesn't mean they are going to turn into a self-loathing individual. That chart could just as easily be suggestive of a foreign female ambassador for the US who does not take No for an answer.:smile:

Frisiangal

THANK YOU! You experessed this so eloquently. Do you happen to work with children? I'm going to marinate on your answer a bit and go research some points you made. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate it so much.

freedomlover

Frisiangal

Frisiangal,

I've always respected your readings immensely. Everything you say is true. And it would be correct for me to be corrected IF I was just reading her natal chart. Yes, if I was doing a natal chart reading, I would of course, include her strengths in addition to her weaknesses.

One of my strengths is psychological astrology, and the ability to narrow down on what is the true core of the issue at hand. Specifically, in this case, the question was about how the placements in her chart could be contributing to her being accident-prone. Since I'm of the firm belief that our thoughts and emotions produce/attract to us more of the same , I approached the reading of this particular chart from that angle. Since the accidents happening are a product of the energy she is putting out, it is a negative occurrence - so the negative roots needed to be addressed.

Perhaps my error is in using the word, "self-hatred", as that is what seemed to set you off. Maybe I could have chosen a better term. But frankly, bottling up anger IS storing negativity within yourself - so it IS a form of self-hatred. I didn't mean to imply that this child was a self-loathing, miserable individual - we ALL do this, to one extent or another. Her mother asked for an answer - I gave it to her. The chart definitely shows that one of her major life lessons is to learn to stand up for herself, speak up for herself, and not be a people-pleaser to fit in. If she's having a string of accidents, however minor, they are a wakeup call to all involved that she is missing her lessons somewhere along the way. Yes, I know she is only a child, but what better age to "nip it in the bud"? Why wait till she gets older and has a big mess on her hands to dig her way out of?

I'm not implying that the child is not being treated well, either. What is bothering her could be something that the parents aren't even aware of - or not aware of the fact that it is bothering her. Children take the smallest of things to heart and have a hard time over them. I sincerely hope the child is freed of whatever is bothering her.

This was my first reading where I've attempted to show in the chart why negative situations were being attracted, and I think I got the message across pretty clearly, except maybe "self-hatred" could have been phrased a little differently. I somehow sense that personally, you don't subscribe to the "thoughts and energy attract your circumstances" school of thought. And that's ok - but I do. And that is the approach I used in this chart.

Again, if the mother would have just asked for a natal reading, I would have approached it an entirely different way - including all the positive things that you suggested. But she was asking for something specific, so I answered specifically. Giving the positives would have done nothing to explain what was going on energetically.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

Freedomlover

Last edited:

freedomlover

SagiCap,

If you, too, took what I said the wrong way, I'm sorry. My intent was to help. I'm a big believer that the positives are the way out of a thing. But more often than not, the positive cannot be implemented until the negative is dug out. If you'd like, I can give you a regular natal reading for your daughter, that show her positive traits, and all she may be likely to accomplish. However, that does nothing for the problem at hand. Also, I did not come up with the fact that she is is going through some emotional troubles all on my own (although it is likely to be that way, according to the chart -for example, Libra placements and a Cap Moon can be really tough on a child) I have read your previous threads - this information came from you. I was simply explaining it out according to the chart.
You said:

(It's almost as if these little accidents are attracted to HER - not that she moves or conducts herself in a dangerous manner.)
THAT is EXACTLY what I was trying to address.

For more information, here are some additional threads:

Note CapRising's post on this thread:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18596

Note Shining Ray's quoting of well-respected astrologer, Liz Greene, on the 4th post up from the bottom:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18760&highlight=black+dahlia:

Respectfully, and with love,

Freedomlover

Last edited:

gaer

Thank you so much.
First of all, did you use an exact birth time, from her birth certificate? The reason is that unless I have misread the chart, it looks like that MC for the degree and minutes you gave for the Moon would indicate almost exactly a moon birth if DST.

I may be incorrect, or it could be that this child was actually born right on noon, if I am. It's just that it is a bit unusual, since 12 noon is the time I used for charts when there is no birth time. Did you round of time of birth?

SagiCap

First of all, did you use an exact birth time, from her birth certificate? The reason is that unless I have misread the chart, it looks like that MC for the degree and minutes you gave for the Moon would indicate almost exactly a moon birth if DST.

I may be incorrect, or it could be that this child was actually born right on noon, if I am. It's just that it is a bit unusual, since 12 noon is the time I used for charts when there is no birth time. Did you round of time of birth?

She was born at exactly 11:59 am.

Frisiangal

Frisiangal,...........
One of my strengths is psychological astrology, and the ability to narrow down on what is the true core of the issue at hand.

This is my own 'territory approach' as well. Yet I remember one of my mentors telling me that a conflict within many astrologers is that they get caught up in their own Saturn when dealing with anyone outside themselves. There is an attempt to 'shield' others from what they themselves may have undergone and a chart can represent an extension of their own life experiences instead of being seen as a totally separate entity undergoing different circumstances.

Specifically, in this case, the question was about how the placements in her chart could be contributing to her being accident-prone. Since I'm of the firm belief that our thoughts and emotions produce/attract to us more of the same , I approached the reading of this particular chart from that angle. Since the accidents happening are a product of the energy she is putting out, it is a negative occurrence - so the negative roots needed to be addressed.

Young children are like small monkeys....still more animal-like than humanoid.:wink:
Why is having knocks and bruises as a child considered as 'being accident prone' as well as seen as negative of nature? Isn't using one's Mars THE manner in which to take action, from the moment the Mars-ruled muscles are used in opening our eyelids every morning and getting us out of bed to confront us with a world outside ourselves?
Mars is often considered more prominent as ruler of Scorpio in children. Where otherwise would the desire to assert one's power of strength and initiative of/in the unknown come from, whether that's through playful adventure, competitive sports or standing up to another? The little girl has a Scorpio Ascendant...she may 'dare to tread where others fear to go' and getting a knock or two on the way is part of that 'daring' that can overcome any intial fear (False Evidence Appearing Real) that might prevent anyone, including the Earth bound type caution (perception through physical matter), which she is, to hesitate to move.

Her mother asked for an answer - I gave it to her.

Is this saying that your answer is the right and only one?

The chart definitely shows that one of her major life lessons is to learn to stand up for herself, speak up for herself, and not be a people-pleaser to fit in. If she's having a string of accidents, however minor, they are a wakeup call to all involved that she is missing her lessons somewhere along the way. Yes, I know she is only a child, but what better age to "nip it in the bud"? Why wait till she gets older and has a big mess on her hands to dig her way out of?

She's 8 years old. Is she to go through her whole life being 'protected' from herself,....thus never going through with the actions and decisions she has made, that could possibly save the world with the outer planets all out of the personal signs? The child couod just as well possess a large humane spirit, which could be of great need (NN Cancer in 9) when she is older.

Children take the smallest of things to heart and have a hard time over them. I sincerely hope the child is freed of whatever is bothering her.

Like trying to run before she can walk?:wink:

I somehow sense that personally, you don't subscribe to the "thoughts and energy attract your circumstances" school of thought. And that's ok - but I do. And that is the approach I used in this chart.

You would be right in the sense that I was taught from the school of thought that all energy is personal related (i.e. it is part of me) and should I not use my Martian energy in the manner of its intent, I will 'attract circumstances' that brings its intent home...usually through others and through the body, of which bumps, knocks and scrapes are but a few of the minor ones. It's when Mars attracts violence and the knocks cause brain damage and scrapes become deep cuts that its intent has been misused in major proportions.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

As do I.:smile:

Frisiangal

Frisiangal

Astrologer50
The accident proneness is mars opp uranus

There is a theory that if an especially wide aspect does not reach fullness within the lifetime, it cannot be considered as working. Mars is ahead of Uranus which is also retrograde, in the child's chart. The two never 'meet up', as it were, except through Mars' short transits and Uranus's long-term ones.

I mention this because my son has a wide Mars Aries-Uranus Libra opposition, with Uranus ruler of his 1st house and Mars ruler of his 8th. Although he's never been accident prone I was always extremely worried about 'self infliction' (e.g.car accidents) until this was brought to my attention.
This last year he has been through the trauma of an unexpected and unwanted divorce. There were moments when 'self infliction' crossed his mind. Luckily, he seems to be over the worst and is picking up the pieces of his life.
Maybe the wide opposition had something to do with it not occuring?

SagiCap: Do you happen to work with children?

Only in the sense that I have 3 of my own and 6 granddaughters. It's an ongoing astrological and psychological learning process when watching and observing them all.:biggrin::biggrin:.

Frisiangal

freedomlover

Frisiangal,

All the points you made were very true - and I agree with you.

However, you are still missing the point that I was trying to make in reading the chart as I did. I was NOT putting any undue rules and regulations on the child, nor trying to hinder her trial and error in any way - being a child. It was NOT about that AT ALL!

What I was trying to do was explain, using the chart (and my prior reading of some of what the child was going throuh from other threads to explain how energetically, this could be happening. It was about the energy the child was putting out - and others were putting onto her. It was never about "what kind of a child" she is. Also, I was not singling the child out - as everybody has this going on, regardless of age.
Young children are like small monkeys....still more animal-like than humanoid.:wink:
Why is having knocks and bruises as a child considered as 'being accident prone' as well as seen as negative of nature?
Because I sense the mother was saying that the child wasn't that "monkey-like". I know my youngest was much more "monkey-like", and got into much more scrapes of her own volition, vs. my oldest, who was much more subdued. The mother cofirmed by understanding when she later said this:
(It's almost as if these little accidents are attracted to HER - not that she moves or conducts herself in a dangerous manner.)
Her mother asked for an answer - I gave it to her.
Frisiangal:
Is this saying that your answer is the right and only one?
Of course I'm not saying that my answer is the only one. But I do stand behind my viewpoint being "right". Is it 100% right? Probably not. Can other people add more to it to make it clearer? Probably so. But the core intent I was trying to get across is very valid - and does not have anything at all with they way you took it.

Children take the smallest of things to heart and have a hard time over them. I sincerely hope the child is freed of whatever is bothering her.
Quoting Frisiangal:
Like trying to run before she can walk?:wink:
Yes, as a matter of fact, that may very well be a big part of her problem. She does have a Cap Moon. Yes, I agree, children have to be free to learn by trial and error. But I stand by my point that somewhere, someone, is dropping the ball in the child feeling like what she feels is important, not just what she does. ( Cap Moons have a big hurdle to overcome with this) Also, her feelings have been buried about things, in general, I sense from both the chart predisposition, and reading the other threads concerning her. My point is the child needs some help/relief - I hope she gets it.

Also, I guess I got tiny off tangent. This is not all about the accidents -even though there is a correlation. It's about what the child is going through in general.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think it may be other people's negative energy causing alot of the problem, which she is reacting to in a negative way ( can't blame her, though). Anyway, the point being - the post was about the way negative energy can work. Did you read the two links that I gave to other threads that I placed on my post to SagiCap?

If the misunderstanding isn't cleared up by now, I'm afraid there's nothing more I can probably do. I've explained it every way I know how. Your post just really came across to me like I was "tearing into" the child - and I most definitely was not in any way, shape, or form. Just pointing out that more than likely, she's had the experience in which one or more others HAVE done this to her.

The defense rests.:smile:

Last edited:

freedomlover

After I walked away from the computer, praying about it all, and seeking understanding of why this was happening - it hit me: This situation isn't just about the little girl's flowing of negative energy. It's about the interaction with her family and other's. They are all flowing negative energy to one extent or another. They all need to get in touch with how they really feel, in order to understand what this girl is going through. All are in the same boat.

(To SagiCap: I'm not directing any of this specifically at you. Although I know all mother's make mistakes with children- I have no way of knowing how much of this is you. Please do not take it personally. However, from what I've read in your other threads, alot of it very definitely is other family members - and probably the school system.)

Peace to all

Freedomlover

gaer

She was born at exactly 11:59 am.
Wow, that's unusual only because it is so close to noon. :)

I asked because I usually set any chart to noon when I am not able to get any reliable birth time. This at least sets the Moon to within 6 to 7 degrees max error, plus or minus, but of course it gives no houses.

So we can take your posted chart as very accurate, and that is helpful.

Mars/Uranus is separating and nearly 7 degrees, so that aspect would be very much in the background for me. I would be more attracted to the fact that Mars is very nearly conjunct the MC and less than a degree from semi-square to Venus. The Uranus aspects that sort of hit me in the eye are the inconjunct to Sun, about 1.5 degrees and semi-sextile to Moon, sort of a mini-theme since Sun/Moon are trine.

In my experience high energy children are the most likely to have accidents simply because they tend to be both in motion and a bit fearless. Of course, not paying attention can also cause accidents.

Or it could be a combination of both.

I don't see anything that strikes me as a big problem though. Has this been a lifelong pattern (so far), or are you just going through an "unlucky period"? :)

SagiCap

Wow, that's unusual only because it is so close to noon. :)

I asked because I usually set any chart to noon when I am not able to get any reliable birth time. This at least sets the Moon to within 6 to 7 degrees max error, plus or minus, but of course it gives no houses.

So we can take your posted chart as very accurate, and that is helpful.

Mars/Uranus is separating and nearly 7 degrees, so that aspect would be very much in the background for me. I would be more attracted to the fact that Mars is very nearly conjunct the MC and less than a degree from semi-square to Venus. The Uranus aspects that sort of hit me in the eye are the inconjunct to Sun, about 1.5 degrees and semi-sextile to Moon, sort of a mini-theme since Sun/Moon are trine.

In my experience high energy children are the most likely to have accidents simply because they tend to be both in motion and a bit fearless. Of course, not paying attention can also cause accidents.

Or it could be a combination of both.

I don't see anything that strikes me as a big problem though. Has this been a lifelong pattern (so far), or are you just going through an "unlucky period"? :)

YES! You described this so accurately. It's like she moves fast and has so much energy. I'm going to pursue the points you mentioned in research. Thank you SO much.

gaer

YES! You described this so accurately. It's like she moves fast and has so much energy. I'm going to pursue the points you mentioned in research. Thank you SO much.
Let me explain my thinking.

For reasons I have never understood, most astrologers will look at an inconjunct as almost a major aspect. But they will ignore the semi-sextile.

Yet both point out sharp contrasts in signs and energy. If you think about it, Aquarius is as different from Capricorn as it is from Virgo. In addition, most people don't look at either of these aspects unless the orb is 2 degrees or less. Moon is semi-sextile at only a degree to Ura. Sun is inconj Ura at about 1.5 degrees.

You don't think of Sco AC, Vir Sun, Cappy Moon as a a high energy person. In other words, if you looked up that combination (if you could find it), you would be unlikely to run into "high energy".

And there is more. Pluto is opp Jupiter. In general that's so much energy, I think it can be described as explosive. Jup is expansion, Pluto likes to tear up and creat anew. Those two planets are not too personal, although Jupiter is generally counted as somewhat personal because it only takes a year to change signs. Still, that's pretty slow.

What really does make it personal is that the Sun is squares both. It's not a tight T. On Sep. 2 of that year you would find a REALLY tight T.

There are some very nice, balancing aspect patterns. I think the worst thing for her would be a very constrictive atmosphere. For instance, if she were in a school situation with a very strict, conservative teacher, I think it could be very painful.

I can't read intelligence or athletic ability in a chart. If she is above average intellectually, I think she'll want a good bit of freedom. If she has average to above average coordination, how about some kind of sport?

My grandson, about to turn 6, is so wound up that he at times really can't control himself, but when he focuses, he can also concentrate almost without moving. One or the other. He has some very similar aspects to your daughter. That's what caught my eye. :)