timing method

LovelyMissAries

I was watching KRS on YouTube and he spoke of a method where you count each of the houses in order to determine general life events - so 1st house is 1 year old, 2nd house is 2 years old, and so on, and you continue until you reach your desired age (bigger example: 4th house is ruled by Virgo, he could say "Your mom became very critical with you when you were 4 years old," or "You had health issues starting at 4 years old." Anything Virgo-y.) Does anyone know what concept this is? I have more specific questions about it. Thanks!

Rawiri

He's essentially referring to profections (of the ascendant) - I was surprised when I found out such a method was used in Indian astrology as well. There is "sudarshan chakra" method described by Parashara which involves setting up the standard chart (with ascendant in the first) and then a ring of two other charts around it, one with the Moon in the first and another with the Sun in the first.

Timing is then done using what in the west is known as the profection method (exactly the same) by moving one sign for one year, one sign for one month etc.

mathur_dinesh

This is the Bhrigu Paddhati. Paddhati means method. So this a method used by sage Bhrigu.
In this method each house would be active once in twelve years. The first house works for 1st year, the second for 2nd year of life till the twelfth year of age is reached. The thirteenth year would again be seen from the first house.
In this method transit of major planets (Jupiter, Saturn and Rahu/Ketu) is very important otherwise one will have repetitive conclusions.

LovelyMissAries

Thanks Mother and rawiri!

I'm trying to get better at this method, at least on a basic level and beyond simple counting. If I wanted to delve more into marriage partner descriptions with this method how would I do that?

mathur_dinesh

LovelyMissAries
You will please appreciate that by this method in a way annual results are forecast.
The description of spouse is a feature for life or at least for a long duration. It does not find a place under this method.

Crystalpages

He's essentially referring to profections (of the ascendant) - I was surprised when I found out such a method was used in Indian astrology as well. There is "sudarshan chakra" method described by Parashara which involves setting up the standard chart (with ascendant in the first) and then a ring of two other charts around it, one with the Moon in the first and another with the Sun in the first.

Timing is then done using what in the west is known as the profection method (exactly the same) by moving one sign for one year, one sign for one month etc.

Progression of ascendant is also used in varshaphal or annual horoscopy isn jyotish and known as muntha.

Rohiniranjan
blog on wordpress.com

LovelyMissAries

LovelyMissAries
You will please appreciate that by this method in a way annual results are forecast.
The description of spouse is a feature for life or at least for a long duration. It does not find a place under this method.

Hmm, why not? I'm asking about marriage so I don't understand?