What if major predictions about big topics like marriage, death etc don't come true?

coolmonty13

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask respected astrologers on this wonderful website if their major predictions about big topics like marriage, job, death etc have not been fulfilled sometimes.

My grandmother was a great astrologer. Accurate, to the point and also very knowledgeable about scriptures and the world. She left me last year. Having asked a few astrologers here, everyone says my marriage will take place in 2015 when my Jupiter will start. Now rahu is going on.

The thing that scares my soul and makes me cry at night is what if I do not get married next year. I have always believed in astrology but sometimes I feel scared. Very, very scared. What if the predictions don't come true?

I'm very grateful to all of you for helping me out during the most depressive and scared time of my life.

mdinaz

What if? You still have free will - you still have to say "I do" at the marriage altar, and can simply say "no" and stay home. Astrology only shows the trends and most likely outcomes - you still have the ability to affect the course, which is done by your actions, your emotions, your thoughts and beliefs.

coolmonty13

What if? You still have free will - you still have to say "I do" at the marriage altar, and can simply say "no" and stay home. Astrology only shows the trends and most likely outcomes - you still have the ability to affect the course, which is done by your actions, your emotions, your thoughts and beliefs.

Thank you sir for your input. Rahu has a way of confusing a person. You have calmed me down. I'm very grateful to you.

Crystalpages

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask respected astrologers on this wonderful website if their major predictions about big topics like marriage, job, death etc have not been fulfilled sometimes.

My grandmother was a great astrologer. Accurate, to the point and also very knowledgeable about scriptures and the world. She left me last year. Having asked a few astrologers here, everyone says my marriage will take place in 2015 when my Jupiter will start. Now rahu is going on.

The thing that scares my soul and makes me cry at night is what if I do not get married next year. I have always believed in astrology but sometimes I feel scared. Very, very scared. What if the predictions don't come true?

I'm very grateful to all of you for helping me out during the most depressive and scared time of my life.

Hi Coolmonty,

I am a new member here. Jyotish indicates trends but a proper and full analysis requires a lot of time and attention. Best form of an astrological session is face to face in an interactive mode. Whether it is done in a physical setting or through Skype etc, is way better than through email etc which introduces gaps of days between each response and counter-response, etc. Then there are variables such as ayanamsha and other preferences that come into play and create differences in the techniques used. I am elaborating that just to point out some of the *problems* or hurdles that adversely affect the astro-analysis. On the other hand, it is a lot more convenient to get readings like this, from the pov of 'accessibility and availability'.

Another factor is that our lives are a mixture of things that are destined, things that are less strongly destined, and matters over which our freedom of choice is given a more free rein. It can be gauged often through the strength of indicators, and a few other factors. It all falls within the framework of Karma, for want of a better term.

I hope this helps, rather than making you confused.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

coolmonty13

Hi Coolmonty,

I am a new member here. Jyotish indicates trends but a proper and full analysis requires a lot of time and attention. Best form of an astrological session is face to face in an interactive mode. Whether it is done in a physical setting or through Skype etc, is way better than through email etc which introduces gaps of days between each response and counter-response, etc. Then there are variables such as ayanamsha and other preferences that come into play and create differences in the techniques used. I am elaborating that just to point out some of the *problems* or hurdles that adversely affect the astro-analysis. On the other hand, it is a lot more convenient to get readings like this, from the pov of 'accessibility and availability'.

Another factor is that our lives are a mixture of things that are destined, things that are less strongly destined, and matters over which our freedom of choice is given a more free rein. It can be gauged often through the strength of indicators, and a few other factors. It all falls within the framework of Karma, for want of a better term.

I hope this helps, rather than making you confused.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Hi Rohini,

My grandmother used to predict these things and I was astonished with accuracy of her predictions. They were correct for so many people on so many things - marriage, death, job, children. When I was small, I used to laugh and say I'd change her predictions through will. She used to smile back and say, "You can try." I tried doing the opposite but things just fell in place for her predictions and even though I didn't want them, they happened.

It scares me though - what if it doesn't? - for the case of my marriage. I'm a Libra ascendant and a conjunction of rahu and venus so my obsessions since 9 have been about marriage. I'm now 27. It might be funny to think of a boy thinking of nothing but a family since 9 but it is true. She left me last year and she told me to not be anxious or depressed and I will get married in 2015. My rahu has the effect of anxiety, confusion and depression. After she left, I didn't have anyone to talk to about predictions and so I sought help here from astrologers, who said the same.

Rahu has gifted me bipolarity and OCD and the negativity stems from the fact - what if it doesn't?

I'd like to know what you think are "less likely destined" in your opinion.

TamaraL

Hi Rohini,

My grandmother used to predict these things and I was astonished with accuracy of her predictions. They were correct for so many people on so many things - marriage, death, job, children. When I was small, I used to laugh and say I'd change her predictions through will. She used to smile back and say, "You can try." I tried doing the opposite but things just fell in place for her predictions and even though I didn't want them, they happened.

It scares me though - what if it doesn't? - for the case of my marriage. I'm a Libra ascendant and a conjunction of rahu and venus so my obsessions since 9 have been about marriage. I'm now 27. It might be funny to think of a boy thinking of nothing but a family since 9 but it is true. She left me last year and she told me to not be anxious or depressed and I will get married in 2015. My rahu has the effect of anxiety, confusion and depression. After she left, I didn't have anyone to talk to about predictions and so I sought help here from astrologers, who said the same.

Rahu has gifted me bipolarity and OCD and the negativity stems from the fact - what if it doesn't?

I'd like to know what you think are "less likely destined" in your opinion.

You can always fight back the negativity by saying "if it doesn't next year, its not the end of the world it will happen when I will find the right person & the relationship is strong." No need to rush on these things. You are only 27!Imagine getting married the wrong person just because you are anxious about marriage...your whole day-family suffer by living with the wrong person. Marriage is meaningless without a meaningful relationship..
Just relax, maybe find a hobby that will help you relax...& relationships & marriage will come at their time...these things need their time...

coolmonty13

You can always fight back the negativity by saying "if it doesn't next year, its not the end of the world it will happen when I will find the right person & the relationship is strong." No need to rush on these things. You are only 27!Imagine getting married the wrong person just because you are anxious about marriage...your whole day-family suffer by living with the wrong person. Marriage is meaningless without a meaningful relationship..
Just relax, maybe find a hobby that will help you relax...& relationships & marriage will come at their time...these things need their time...

Thank you Tamara. And you are right. It has to be the right person. But, trust me when you hear someone who is a guy and has dreamed of a family since 9, it is the end of the world (and life) if it doesn't happen.

18 years of dreaming and obsessing is a long time. It has been an aeon when I think of it. I hope no one has to go through what I have till today.

JUPITERASC

Thank you Tamara. And you are right. It has to be the right person. But, trust me when you hear someone who is a guy and has dreamed of a family since 9, it is the end of the world (and life) if it doesn't happen.

18 years of dreaming and obsessing is a long time. It has been an aeon when I think of it. I hope no one has to go through what I have till today
Keep in mind that prediction is entirely dependent on accuracy of time of birth as well as accuracy of place, day and year of birth

If official time of birth for a particular natal chart is not correct then
for that particular natal chart
no prediction is reliable.
:smile:

Crystalpages

18 years of dreaming and obsessing is a long time. It has been an aeon when I think of it. I hope no one has to go through what I have till today.

Dear coolmonty13,

Thank you for your willingness to share, so openly here essentially with strangers and from responses I read, truly caring and pragmatic strangers. Your quest is obviously difficult and one that we all hope does not ever befall upon anyone! I truly mean it!!

I read the compassionate responses from members mdinaz and TamaraL to you. They are both right, wise, and so was your Grandmother who recently departed and you continue to mourn her loss, and absence!
None of us live by some RIGID clock or calendar! Finish education by 25, begin earning, get married by 27 or whatever, have children by 30, start an education fund for them, acquire two motor vehicles and a house by such and such date, reach your career pinnacle by 50, retire by 65 and so on and so forth!

We each are labelled as "Individuals"! Which means, essentially, that each of us are Unique, but yet connected!

It was a concept much harder to get to terms with, even a few decades earlier, but now the situation is different! Through internet, we hear and learn and know, up-close, about the diversity within our individualities!
There is only ONE KEY, in my experience and observations! Once we let go of a deep sense of HOPE and OPTIMISM and firm belief in the Universe not being Chaotic, THEN WHAT REMAINS...?

Astrological advice can just remain a bunch of words! If the mind is not receptive! We all live in a rather information-overwhelmed reality with a lot of stuff coming through.

Once a certain degree of inner peace and acceptance arrives or gets achieved, whether at 17, 27, or 40 or even later sometimes, or sadly even never, "words" remain mere words-sounds-even babble or noise!
Rahu, first and foremost is about detachment, and your grandmother's departure was a strong omen in your life at this point, when your Rahu dasa is approaching an end as you say! You must never let Her go, of course, but first you must work on the pain of Her loss!

If as a junior member I am speaking too much, may the entire forum accept my sincere and humble apologies.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

coolmonty13

Keep in mind that prediction is entirely dependent on accuracy of time of birth as well as accuracy of place, day and year of birth

If official time of birth for a particular natal chart is not correct then
for that particular natal chart
no prediction is reliable.
:smile:

Thank you for that major basic part of the root of astrology Jupiterasc. I agree with you. (In India as soon as you are born, the parents take the time for astrological readings, if they believe in astrology.) :) (I'm glad my parents did it.)

coolmonty13

Dear coolmonty13,

Thank you for your willingness to share, so openly here essentially with strangers and from responses I read, truly caring and pragmatic strangers. Your quest is obviously difficult and one that we all hope does not ever befall upon anyone! I truly mean it!!

I read the compassionate responses from members mdinaz and TamaraL to you. They are both right, wise, and so was your Grandmother who recently departed and you continue to mourn her loss, and absence!
None of us live by some RIGID clock or calendar! Finish education by 25, begin earning, get married by 27 or whatever, have children by 30, start an education fund for them, acquire two motor vehicles and a house by such and such date, reach your career pinnacle by 50, retire by 65 and so on and so forth!

We each are labelled as "Individuals"! Which means, essentially, that each of us are Unique, but yet connected!

It was a concept much harder to get to terms with, even a few decades earlier, but now the situation is different! Through internet, we hear and learn and know, up-close, about the diversity within our individualities!
There is only ONE KEY, in my experience and observations! Once we let go of a deep sense of HOPE and OPTIMISM and firm belief in the Universe not being Chaotic, THEN WHAT REMAINS...?

Astrological advice can just remain a bunch of words! If the mind is not receptive! We all live in a rather information-overwhelmed reality with a lot of stuff coming through.

Once a certain degree of inner peace and acceptance arrives or gets achieved, whether at 17, 27, or 40 or even later sometimes, or sadly even never, "words" remain mere words-sounds-even babble or noise!
Rahu, first and foremost is about detachment, and your grandmother's departure was a strong omen in your life at this point, when your Rahu dasa is approaching an end as you say! You must never let Her go, of course, but first you must work on the pain of Her loss!

If as a junior member I am speaking too much, may the entire forum accept my sincere and humble apologies.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Hi Rohini,

I will go on to tell you something more which no one in this world, not even my parents, ever knew except my grandmother. My grandmother was my soulmate. I asked her to marry me at as a late single digit child. She smiled at me and said, "Go ask your grandfather if he will allow. If he does, I will marry you." I was always scared of my grandfather because of his sage like discipline. I never did ask him. I think I missed out.

I will never be able to get over her. She is in much more peaceful place now but I will complain to her for the rest of my life for being selfish and leaving me here.

Everyone here has been going out of their way to be kind and supportive to me. Mdinaz, you, Jupiterasc, Tamara, each one of you has enriched my life.

I have learnt 1 thing. If rahu conjuncts with any other planet - in my case with Venus - it makes you obsessive about traits related to that planet. I have always been obsessive about my wife. (I never dated all my life or chased people due to my obsessions about my wife. I had just 1 thing - faith. But faith is often broken by the devil when he says, "Why if it does not?" My brother, aged 17, has rahu conjucts moon and he is extremely imaginative and though thank God he has not fallen into any addiction (substance), I feel he will have an addiction (about some emotional topics).

It is always better to speak more than less.

waybread

Astrology is never a substitute for learning to stand on our own two feet, as mature, self-actualizing adults, ready to face whatever life sends our way.

If you don't marry next year, you don't marry next year.

Life goes on.....

coolmonty13

Astrology is never a substitute for learning to stand on our own two feet, as mature, self-actualizing adults, ready to face whatever life sends our way.

Life goes on.....

Unfortunately, Waybread, you are right. I'll keep breathing even after that.

Crystalpages

Life goes on.....

Well stated!

True!!

Rohiniranjan

Crystalpages

Sometimes on these internet fora,

Responders focus on pain!

Others, focus on the PROBLEM!

Neither have the SOLUTION that will make the PAIN or PROBLEM go away!

Hence the PROBLEM that does not get resovled?

Love, Light and Reality...?

Rohiniranjan

coolmonty13

Sometimes on these internet fora,

Responders focus on pain!

Others, focus on the PROBLEM!

Neither have the SOLUTION that will make the PAIN or PROBLEM go away!

Hence the PROBLEM that does not get resovled?

Love, Light and Reality...?

Rohiniranjan

That is the most beautiful combination - love, light and reality.

It has made my grinchy heart swell up. You are wonderful!

Rajarshi

Hello Everyone,

You should think positive. Negative thinking can spoil your good luck ( see " law of attraction" [ pl google]

Blessings of Guru can confirm good things allotted in life:smile:

coolmonty13

You should think positive. Negative thinking can spoil your good luck ( see " law of attraction" [ pl google]

Blessings of Guru can confirm good things allotted in life:smile:

Negative thinking can destroy a person. I'm a living example. When you're taken over by the devil, positivity doesn't come near.

Thank you Rajarshi. My guru (my grandmother) is no more and though life is not only hell due to me losing her but also because she can't calm me down.