Why is Mercury exalted in Virgo- not in Gemini?

Januarystorm

now that i have though about it i can even see how this manifests in my own life

i have mercury in capricorn (also, like virgo an earth sign)
i have the moon in gemini

when i need to get stuff done, i rely on my mercurial capricorn-skills to plan, organize, set dates and time-schedules, i always look at what the most practical fastest and most beneficial way is- i cut it up in manageable pieces that are realistic and get things done, whilst i am progressing i check boxes and make sure i am doing things accordingly. i am focused, practical and grounded, i never assume i always plan ahead and make sure i take in all pros and cons. this is how i got through high-school, college, this is how i manage my budget for the month, my savings, my day to day life, my home organization even- everything- literally everything i do is very very practical, i like to plan out my daily tasklist, weekly tasklist monthly etc etc, i have excel sheets and notebooks and its about getting where i want to be through dedicated every day routine work- something that has paid off immensely and being prepared is half the work truly.

now my gemini moon doesnt like this- so in order for me to stay focused i cant just sit down for three hours and do my planning and organizing- thats impossible for a gemini moon- why, because i need variety and change and if i do something for 2 hours straight i can after that shoot myself through the head and just forget about it- so what do i do to break up the mundane work- every half hour i have to take breaks- i talk to someone, i write on this forum, i take a walk, i paint, i clean my house- if dont do this- my mind will go insane on me and nothing gets done- so the mercury in capricorn is what is driving me to accomplish my goals (all mercurial in nature- budget organization managing etc) but my actual gemini moon, because it is so restless and needing variety actually makes that difficult so i have to literally use the same mercurial skills to mentally feel fit to do the mundane tasks- i need to talk to someone, that clears my head, i need to write on this and other forums, that clears my head- it also takes up time and thankgod i know now i needed to do this and every 30 minutes change activities- but before i knew this i literally had full blown panick attacks whilst studying with my mind after 2 hours of reading or writing would go bonkers and i couldnt retain any information and became restless- causing me to think i was going mad

this is the most perfect explanation to me why mercury is exalted in virgo (i can only imagine what that would be when my mercury in Capricorn has benefited me extremely well) and not in gemini- it all makes sense.

now back to work lol

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

yes please do i would love to read up on
the origins of where this came from
if it could be online available sources that could be great

although if you have a book you say is the best book ever and i have to read it- i may have to buy it i have been searching from some intermediate level astrology-books..i can only find two types of astrolgy-books...one is called this is the sun this is venus this is a sign that is a house-and the other is like take the progressed midpoint antiscia of the second house from the 5th lords exaltation point whilst it will make a novile hexagon contraparallel aspect below the celestial equator...

so its like or you are learning what 1+1 is or you are literally astrological einstein

i need something in the middle
discover how :smile:
ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES & DEBILITIES are used
to determine the condition of a planet in an astrological chart.

recent - just published 10 May 2018
discusses
ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES and DEBILITIES in Traditional Astrology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVz6xT7yHDs
it's episode 156 of Astrology Podcast
Charles Obert discussing in detail essential dignities
and debilities