Sirius and the Western Calendar.

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here, and research the mysteries of life, and feel that there may be elaborate electional astrology attached to the Gregorian Calendar, that involves complex opening and closing ceremonies involving the fixed star Sirius, the Sun and an angle of the earth.
We know that the priests of Egypt started the great Egyptian Calendar approx. 5,000 years ago when the Sun rose on the Asc., and Sirius was in Paran to the Asc.
Sosigenes incorperated the Knowledge of the Egyptians into the Julian Calendar when Julius Caesar wanted a better calendar for the Roman Empire.
Sosigenes was a brilliant mathematician, and a student at the great library of Alexandria, that held all the scrolls of human civilization from the dawn of history, unfortunately this was burned down in the first few centuries A.D.
There are many fragmented reasons historians give as to why Sosigenes chose 1st Jan 0045 BC to start this calendar, many astrologers have wondered about the significance of 1st Jan., astrology apparently doesnt show any reasons to choose this day, other than the date of political changing of Roman Consuls ....why not the Equinox's to show the beginning and ending of a year?
My research into this area has led me to believe that Sosigenes wanted to close the Egyptian Calendar at Sunset on 31st Dec. 0046 BC at Thebes, the ancient capital of Egypt, before starting the Julian Calendar on 1st Jan. 0046 BC.
As i have said, the Egyptian Calendar was started on the Asc. Angle when Sirius rose in Paran with the Sun, the closing ceremony needed the Sun on the Desc. angle with Sirius rising in paran with the Asc.
Thebes was at 25*N40' , 32*E35', but modern Luxor is 25*N41', 32*E39' which is only a few minutes out, so we can use Luxor.
I have Brady's starlight astrology programme that charts star parans, so if we set up a chart for Luxor/Thebes for Sunset on 31st Dec. 0046 B.C., we get a time of 17:19pm., Sun will be 08*09' Capricorn, Desc. will be 08*08' Capricorn.....Sirius is rising by paran on Asc. orb 00 mins. 36 Secs.
Now to get Sirius rising while the Sun is setting is purely worked out by latitude, but before time zones if Sirius was in paran with the M.C. which is longitude it would show up everywhere in the western hemisphere conjunct an angle at the same time, bear that in mind when i go further in explaining the strange connection with Sirius with our evolving calendar later in this thread.
I see that attachments are available, so i will try to put the chart and Brady's Parans from "Starlight" directly on this, for 31st Dec. 0046 B.C. at Sunset at Thebes....I'll be back soon with research on Julian and Gregorian Calendars.

Last edited:

Monk

Premium Member
I'm only showing paran analysis on attachment, as you can see Sirius is rising on ASC. angle, but if you look further down you can see that Sirius is rising as the Sun is setting.
Back soon, Monk

Attachments

• Picture 110 50% 3.JPG
    Picture 110 50% 3.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 41

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Everyone,
Before i go further i must state that i am a moderate Christian, and obviously not saying that electional astrology happened during the change over from the Julian to the Gregorian Calendars, it could have just as easily happened by the will of the Cosmos, yet both arguments need easy discussion.
Later we can debate the Council of Nicea, that started on Thursday 20th May 325 AD, that set in stone the equinox's, and Easter, but for the moment i want to look in detail when Pope Gregory XIII closed the Julian Calendar.
In the early years of the 14th Century large clock towers appeared in several Italian cities, another advance in timekeeping was the spring powered clock, that was invented between 1500 and 1510, by Peter Henlein of Nuremberg, replacing the heavy drive weights permitting smaller and more portable clocks....These advances in design were precursors to truly accurate time.
This means wealthy individuals carried smaller clocks with them, and by 1582 some clocks also displayed even "seconds".
Now when Sosigenes closed the Great Egyptian Calendar in Thebes/Luxor we know that he would have used Sunset.....but by 1582 there is evidence that wealthy individuals may have thought as we do now....which is the "end of the day happens at midnight".
Pope Gregory changed over from the Julian to the Gregorian between the 4th Oct to 15th Oct. 1582, so the last minute of the Julian Calendar could have been 23:59pm on 4th Oct. 1582...the Sun is near the I.C. obviously, and amazingly Sirius is in paran with the Asc. just like Sunset at Thebes on 31st Dec. 0047 BC....could this be a closing ceremony for the Julian Calendar?
I have put parans on attachment for 23:59pm 4th Oct. 1582, for Rome Italy.
Now by 1582, projected fixed stars were used far more than parans, perhaps an astrologer would like to set up a chart for 1st Jan. 1583, at time 00:00am., which is the first New Year in the Gregorian Calendar, and tell me what star is conjunct the M.C. by projected, orb 00*47', that is continually on the M.C. at the stroke of New Year till 1703, after which it begins to fade only being on the M.C. for two out of four new years....it eventually peters out on 1781 where it is 01*00' degrees off the M.C......i think you will guess which star it is!
I will continue with this later, Monk.

Attachments

• Picture 111 33%.JPG
    Picture 111 33%.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 31

Monk

Premium Member
Hi everyone, please find on attachment chart for the stroke of midnight, for the first Gregorian New Year, Sirius projected on M.C. is at the bottom of chart marked with felt tip.
For those that find it a bore to understand why we changed the Julian over to the Gregorian calendar, i will give a short explanation, obviously most know the reason on this forum.
Sosigenes although a great mathematician, did make mistakes....it seems the Julian calendric year of 365.25 was not a miscalcalation of the solar year, but rather the Sothic year, which because Sirius is off the ecliptic, its annual cycle, re heliacal rising is 365.25-- the accrued differences between the Sothic and Solar year (365.25--365.2422) mandated a change in 1582-- though the Venerable Bede had noted discrepances between the calendar and seasons as early as the 10th century.
Which means that by 1582 11 days had to be cut out of the calendar, thus 4th Oct. 1582 was followed by 15th Oct. 1582, being the year of confusion.
Now we know Sirius was conjunct the M.C. at the stroke of New year, by projected fixed measurement from 1583 till early in the seventeen hundreds, but it would be interesting to look backwards....was Sirius conjunct the M.C. before 1583?
Obviously we would be looking at 22nd Dec. at 00:00am, as days had been taken out of the calendar, which effects the M.C. at new year.
So for looking backwards at 00:00am on 22nd Dec. we get Sirius on M.C. for only some dates, being 1579, 1578, 1575, 1574, 1571, 1570, 1567, 1566, 1563, 1562, 1559, 1558, 1555, 1554, 1551, and 1550.
Before this we only find Sirius on the M.C. every four years, being 1547, 1543, 1539, 1535, 1531, 1527, 1523, and the first year was 1519, by a degree measurement.
So before 1582, Sirius was slowly aligning, but after 1582 we find Sirius on the M.C. every year till 1703, So Pope Gregory changed from the Julian to the Gregorian Calendar exactly within the time frame when Sirius would be on the M.C. for every year!
Our journey with Sirius doesnt end there, by the early eighteen twenties, the Egyptian paran started with Sirius on the M.C......i will leave that till the next thread section!

Attachments

• Picture 112 33%.JPG
    Picture 112 33%.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 44

Monk

Premium Member
Hi everyone,
Before we continue, i need to look at another area of research, between 4th and 15th Oct. 1582, during this time of calendar change over, Sirius was conjunct the small asteroid called Juno, and at the stroke of the first New Year on 1st Jan 1583, it is 3 degrees off the M.C.
In researching the 20th Century i have found this asteroid highly aggressive, and although i cant prove that its power comes from slipping into our calendar unseen in 1582, as a birth time of increased power, i have to bring this to your notice.....it has been on an angle of under a degree at exact time of terrible events in the 20th and 21st Century, i will explain later!
Now after 1583 at new year, as the M.C. is attached to longitude, we could find it at most locations at midnight, but things changed with time zones which were brought in with the invention of trains and to help commerce.
The Greenwich Meridian at long. 00*W00' (Kent, U.K.) means that large chunks of the Earth is under the same time, in some locations the Sun isnt any where near the I.C......the golden rule is that any location that sits in every 15* degrees from Greenwich would have Sirius chiming in the New Year, but the rule is broken as Lourdes, France is aligned in longitude to Greenwich but operates a different daylight saving formula, so the sun is over a hour away from the I.C.
So now research into Sirius gets fragmented, so for a start i need to use Greenwich, Kent, U.K., instead of any other location for the time being, yet i choose Greenwich, London, yet wish to state it hasnt any significance, other than to show the path of Sirius if we didnt have time zones today.
The last gasp of Sirius chiming in New Year by projected measurement of 1*00' happened on 1781 on the M.C.
The Egyptian paran at Greenwich (London), Kent, U.K. aligning Sirius on the M.C. at New Year started in 1802, but obviously not for all years, being a gradual process.
This gradual process means that by 1818, Sirius chimed in New Year again every year till 1904, after which it begins to fade, only aligning for some years.....It is still chiming in New Year on some years even today, the next times will be 2009 and 2010!
In bringing in time zones means that Sirius will be chiming in New Year at some locations for a great deal of years, it is fading from longitude 00*W00',
and multiples of every 15* degrees, but locations that are a degree above or below every 15* degrees will show Sirius at New Year, if they are the same daylight saving hours, in the Western Hemesphere.
If you have Solar Fire V5 astrology programme, which will show parans, you can set up a chart to check this as New York sits at 73*W55' Long. which is a degree short of being at a multiple of every 15* degrees from 00*W00'.
At the stroke of New Year on a continual basis New York has Sirius in paran with the M.C.
Back soon, Monk.

Monk

Premium Member
Hi everyone,
I'm not yet ready to go on to the asteroid Juno at the moment, as i havent finished with our calendar, but to spark it bit of interest, i will pose a question.
To read about the exact time that the first attack happened on the World trade centre you can go to Wikipedia to look up the 1993 bombing.
This happened on Feb. 26th 1993 at 12:17pm, and we have to agree that this is connected to the Pentagon attack that happened at 9:37am on 11th September 2001.
Perhaps you can make up a chart for both events and tell me where the asteroid Juno is in relation to the Asc. or M.C.?

Monk

Premium Member
Sirius is a very spiritual star and i value it from a esoteric point of view, and many religions value it as "Heaven".
It was of great importance to the Egyptians, the heliacal rising of Sirius marked the beginning of their year, that occurred nearly simultaneously with the yearly flooding of the Nile, but it does have a "nemisis".
Interestingly, the association of Sirius with an abundence of water appears elswhere than Egypt in the ancient world as well.
In fact, it is possible that Sirius was associated with deluges in general, as the Romans of the first century AD thought the influence was highly destructive weather, further associations occurs in the Zend-Avesta, which calls Sirius "Tishtriya", the author of rain and the daemon of dryness.
In fact it was the arrow that measures the depth of the sea....interesting when we think of Global Warming.
The Quran mentions the "Lord of Sirius" and then goes on to mention biblical floods, so having the Gregorian New Year heraulded in by Sirius for a great many years may cause problems!

Monk

Premium Member
I personally consider the Egyptian paran more powerful than the projected measurement, and during the Victorian Age, Sirius was aligned, which were the years of the industrial revolution, and the beginnings of the global economy which has led us to the Earth warming up.
The Greeks named Sirius "the scorcher", relating to the "dog days of Summer".
I tend to look to all religions for information on Sirius, and as i am in tune with all people who follow their faiths in a non-aggressive way, i do not mean any harm by putting on attachment, verses 053.049 to 053.055 from the Quran, that mentions "The Lord of Sirius", as astrologers are interested in information on fixed stars.

Attachments

• Picture 113 33%.JPG
    Picture 113 33%.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 41

Monk

Premium Member
Can Sirius be involved in huge explosions?
I must admit that i'm a little sad that astrologers and astrology programmes base so much importance to the Asc. and M.C. but the Desc. and I.C. are missed some times, the Egyptians valued all the angles in their interpretation.
I've learnt so much with Brady's starlight programme.
I'll write about Sirius and the Japanese surrender at the end of W.W.2. later, for the moment i wish to look at the biggest explosion in peace time Europe, that happened on Sunday 11th December 2005, at the Buncefield oil depot in Hemel Hempstead, U.K......that was heard in Holland!
This accident happened not that far from where i live at 06:01 am. which i heard, and the smoke was even seen from space!
Parans can last all through the day but when a star is on an angle at moment, this means that it relates to the actual time.
Sirius was on the Descendant at actual time.
Parans on attachment.

Attachments

• Picture 114 33%.JPG
    Picture 114 33%.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 37

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Everyone,
In 0046 B.C. Sosegenes was making adjustments, so the new calendar started on 1st Jan 0045 B.C., so you can choose either 31st Dec. 0047 B.C. or 31st Dec. 0046 B.C. for the end of the Egyptian calendar, which doesnt make any difference as at Sunset on both dates, obviously the Sun is setting as Sirius is rising.
So running through what we can research....
A) The Egyptian Calendar began approx. 5,000 years ago with Sirius the heliacal rising star on Asc.
B) The Egyptian Calendar ended 31st Dec. either 0047 B.C. or 0046 B.C. at Sunset in Thebes, Sun setting as Sirius is rising, to start new calendar on 1st Jan.
C) The Julian Calendar ended 23:59pm on Oct 4th 1582 in Rome, Sirius rising on Asc., and obviously the Sun near I.C.
D)The first Gregorian New Year starts on 1st Jan. 1583 at midnight (00 hrs 00 mins), Sirius is continually on M.C. till 1703, after which begins to fade, last year on M.C. by projected measurement 1781, orb 1 degree.
E) by early 1800, Sirius was in paran with M.C. on some years, by approx. 1818 on a continual basis till 1904 from Greenwich U.K., ( used because time zones changed M.C. at other locations at New Year).
Although fading Sirius is still present on some New years for London, but continual at some other locations.
We must deem it strange that Sirius has been influencial with the angles of the Earth, and i can think of no other research that has a history of 5,000 years regarding the presence of a fixed star in regards to mans efforts to understand time and calendars!
Further information regarding religious interest in Hermetic doctrines during the Renaissance can be found at the Warburg Institute and the research by Frances Yates.
Pope Gregory XIII died soon after introducing the Gregorian Calendar, the next Pope was Sixtus V, and for purely decorative reasons in 1586, moved an Egyptian obelisk to the centre of St Peters Square, which can be seen to this day.
I'm not saying he did it for any other reason, i'm religious and dont want Evangelist comments, i'm just stating facts...let everyone make up their own minds!

Monk

Premium Member
Please find exact time of the start of W.W.1 on attachment by way of a telegram sent from Vienna, Austria on 28th July 1914 at 11:10 am.
On the same page on attachment you will find exact time that Germany signed surrender document at Rethondes, France in the Foche railway carriage, being 05:05am 11th Nov. 1918.
Regards Monk.

Attachments

• Picture 121 33%.JPG
    Picture 121 33%.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 36

Monk

Premium Member
Please find chart on attachment, for exact time of the outbreak of W.W.1., Juno within a degree of M.C.
Regards Monk.

Attachments

• Picture 122 33%.JPG
    Picture 122 33%.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 43

Monk

Premium Member
Please find chart on attachment for the signing of the Armistice, in the Foche railway carriage at 05:05am. on Monday 11th November 1918, in Rethondes France, Juno within a degree of M.C.
Although a surrender document, this was a karma issue for the German people, and didnt make peace, but exploded again within 20 years, i'll leave it to others to work out where Juno was at the outbreak of W.W.2., but if you work it out correctly in Berlin when the Ultimatum run out, you will find Juno approx. two degrees from the karma angle, being the I.C.
Regards Monk.

Attachments

• Picture 123 33%.JPG
    Picture 123 33%.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 34

athenegoddess

This is brilliant work! I have only read half way through and I'm in awe of your mind! I hope you are still around!

So Sirius on DSC for that event just goes to show that the DSC does rule 'enemies' in one way or another.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Very fine and interesting treatment of this deep subject-reminds me of some of the work I've seen connected with a certain esoteric order I have been in occasional contact with; bravo Monk!

Monk

Premium Member
Many thanks to Dr. Farr and AtheneGoddess for their kind comments, yes i'm still around and in the middle of getting a new web-site ready by 5th January.
I did write on BBC and Open University forums for a while, but due to cuts it is now closed, thus moderators won't mind giving a link to a now dead website, it can hardly pull members away from this very fine forum.
The link below is to page seven but you can go back to page one....page numbers can be clicked on at bottom....that is if you want to see more of my research:-
http://www.open2.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5113&page=7

In think there are about 22 pages in all, ha ha!
Warm Regards...

Monk

Premium Member
Firstly Jupiter Asc.
I'm accurate, in many thing, i'm ill, subject to strong tablets, usaully i will give clarity in 360 days out of 365....i'm very honest, as well as my location...noting my work, this is dangerous...i know what i'm doing moderators....lets see if i have forgotten how to leave an attachment to this forum!

Attachments

• picture 136 50%.jpg
    picture 136 50%.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 42

Monk

Premium Member
Some people only want to leave symbolism in multi layered childrens books....., they have insight but don't want to be "outed"
Ever thought what Albus Dumbledore really means?
Albus means white in latin:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albus
Dumbledore means Bumblebee, link below:-
http://allwords.com/word-dumbledore.html

Ever thought of a Black bee in history, that changed 20th Century history, like, W.W.1, W.W.2, The Cold War, and our difficulties in the Middle East that are on going?
Most astrologers use projected measure on fixed stars....sorry the ecliptic measure regarding placing stars on the imaginery path of the Sun throughout the year isn't accurate, most stars don't sit on this line so is inaccurate to astronomy....Bernadette Brady has the right approach to astronomy!......I use astronomy parans and Bernadette Brady's programme as well as other ASTRONOMY PROGRAMMES!

Lets show a Black Bee or Wizard in History...none better than Dragutin Dimitrjevic, master of the Black Hand, do a search on Apis, it can mean a honey bee or Osiris,......it will lead you eventually to the " Beehive State, Utah, links below:-
http://net.lib.byu.edu/estu/wwi/bio/d/dragutin.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik/Utah

An interesting approach may be my thread below:-
http://www.mauricefernandez.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1940&start=0

Or the start on the Black Hand below:-
http://2012forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22026
Click on Brady graphs several times to make larger!
I would write this all out again if i was well, for this forum, but writing is very painful, hopefully moderators will give ground in my approach to showing my research elsewhere...i really can't write it all out again!

Monk

Premium Member
I see a few mistakes, lets get wiki/Utah right:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah

An understanding of "Railway Time" that changed world history is needed to follow me, link below:-
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/bristol-time.htm
Obviously if you think "Projected Measure on Fixed Stars" is correct then you won't understand scientists below:-
http://earthsky.org/tonight/star-sirius-torchbearer-of-the-new-year
Once we used local meridians, now you will only see Sirius culminating at New Year on Greenwich, and approx. 15 degree longitude margins like New York, and Cairo by using parans.
We all know the Egyptians used the Heliacal rising of Sirius as New Year, it would be very funny to accept that on the Prime Meridian today it culminates at midnight within orb of four minutes usaully....it is slowly going out of synch, at New Year!
Funny isn't it that New Year in the last remnant of the Egyptian Calendar, being the Coptic Calendar is 11th September?