Nocturnal Chart & Dignified Saturn?

not

Hey there,

Long time lurker first time poster. I decided to post here instead of Read My Chart because this is a traditional astro question specifically and will help me in reading other charts in the future. I've been following the stickied thread "Heavily debilitated Saturn behaving WELL?" but it hasn't entirely answered what I'm looking for.

I've come here for help in understanding my Saturn placement and what it's doing, because from what I see it looks like he has the second best setup in my entire chart (Moon being most dignified, I think). With Saturn as the malefic contrary to sect, what is he representing with seemingly good boosts from other planets? Or is Saturn acting as a heavy weight in the areas that he is touching? I've had plenty of great 7th house Saturn folks in my life so far--women especially. Men have been more aggressive toward me but nothing physical, more so emotionally and mentally.

Do the hard lessons have more straight-forward significations since Saturn is in domicile? Perhaps softened by the co-presence with nocturnal benefic Venus (even though she is very debilitated)? I understand this co-presence as 7th house matters bringing about the best and worst parts of life. Venus is also in Saturn's term, but is perhaps helped by the Moon Decan which is ruled by her...?

Wish I had some real life friends to talk to about this! I'm learning it alone and starting to hit a wall without having others in the mix to bounce ideas off of. Hopefully this question is okay to post here.

If the chart attached isn't sufficient:
January 2nd, 1993
Bellingham, Washington State
6:36 pm

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 2.38.12 PM.jpg

Attachments

• not_natal_chart.jpg
    not_natal_chart.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 57
  • horoscope-chart5-700__radix_traditional_astroseek-2-1-1993_18-36.jpg
    horoscope-chart5-700__radix_traditional_astroseek-2-1-1993_18-36.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 61

JUPITERASC

Hey there,

Long time lurker first time poster. I decided to post here instead of Read My Chart because this is a traditional astro question specifically and will help me in reading other charts in the future. I've been following the stickied thread "Heavily debilitated Saturn behaving WELL?" but it hasn't entirely answered what I'm looking for.

I've come here for help in understanding my Saturn placement and what it's doing, because from what I see it looks like he has the second best setup in my entire chart (Moon being most dignified, I think). With Saturn as the malefic contrary to sect, what is he representing with seemingly good boosts from other planets? Or is Saturn acting as a heavy weight in the areas that he is touching? I've had plenty of great 7th house Saturn folks in my life so far--women especially. Men have been more aggressive toward me but nothing physical, more so emotionally and mentally.

Do the hard lessons have more straight-forward significations since Saturn is in domicile? Perhaps softened by the co-presence with nocturnal benefic Venus (even though she is very debilitated)? I understand this co-presence as 7th house matters bringing about the best and worst parts of life. Venus is also in Saturn's term, but is perhaps helped by the Moon Decan which is ruled by her...?

Wish I had some real life friends to talk to about this! I'm learning it alone and starting to hit a wall without having others in the mix to bounce ideas off of. Hopefully this question is okay to post here.

If the chart attached isn't sufficient:
January 2nd, 1993
Bellingham, Washington State
6:36 pm

Thanks!

View attachment 90237
Chart being Nocturnal means Saturn is not of the sect in favor

Saturn in a nocturnal chart is contrary to sect
and
cannot pursue its own agenda.
Schmidt uses the analogy of its best function being that of
"...the loyal opposition..."

Dxxg0VzUcAQTht7.jpg

waybread

There are some astrologers who think that a moon above the horizon in a woman's night chart will be a stronger indicator of her core identity than the sun would be.

I see the moon as very strong in your chart: exalted in Taurus, in its own triplicity, angular and the most elevated planet. Your moon is in-sect and above the horizon. The moon is in the terms of its sign ruler Venus, and your Aquarian Venus is in the moon's face, so there is some reception going on.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

Saturn is strong, as well: domiciled and angular but out-of-sect and not picking up additional essential dignity. Some trads believe that a domiciled Saturn loses some of its malefic nature. That applying trine from Jupiter looks like another mitigating factor.

Ordinarily I would see Saturn in the 7th as indicating delays or disappointments in establishing a committed relationship such as marriage, but maybe this has not been your experience. A 7th house Saturn can also mean a relationship with a Saturnine sort of person, such as an older man.

JUPITERASC

Traditionally :smile:

Quote:
Saturn is cooling and moderately drying, malefic, masculine and diurnal.
Saturn controls depressions and sluggishness
obstacles in business, interminable lawsuits, subversion of action
secrets, restraints, imprisonment, grief, accusations
tears, being orphaned, captivity, haunting, farmers, gardeners
workers of property, managers, seafaring and waterside trades
tax collectors, the elders, violent action, guardianship, great reputation, notable ranks, lands
administration of that which belongs to others
fathership of the children of others, bachelors, widows, childlessness, violent deaths by water, strangulation, dysentery
falling on the face, injuries and lower respiratory infections
the skeletal system, the lymphatic system and the immune system
building materials like wood and stone
lead, dark colours and astringent tastes.

It is chronocrator over late old age up to death.
Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...blos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt...s%20entire.pdf

JUPITERASC

AQUARIUS Saturn is in own DOMICILE

aka HOUSE
and therefore

is essentially dignified and powerful

shows an individual who gets along with authority
and
respects rank
and
privilege
and
is responsible
cool headed, scientifically minded
and
usually has a talent for mathematics
Frequently, this individual has respect for the law

waybread

According to JA's table, the sun is below the horizon in the 6th house. This is a night chart, so even if Saturn is above the horizon it is out-of-sect. The moon, in contrast, is both in-sect and above the horizon.

JUPITERASC

IN A NOCTURNAL CHART Saturn is still essentially dignified

but

the natives social status is likely to be less powerful.
The coldness of night elementally
concentrates that which is alike and unlike together.
This creates lack of clarity in social circumstances
or a feeling of being cramped socially.
If feeling trapped in unfavorable social circumstances for too long
the native may develop misanthropic tendencies.
source Curtis Manwaring DELPHIC ORACLE

HOW SATURN IS AFFECTED BY SECT IN ASTROLOGY :smile:

BRIEF overview of the concept of sect in astrology
i.e.
the important distinction
between
day charts
and
night charts.
Sect is a fundamental concept used in Hellenistic astrology
only been recovered over the past THIRTY years
through translations of ancient texts.
the following video link is a broad introduction to sect
by establishing
how pervasive the concept is in ancient astrology
and then also
to demonstrate how it works in practice through chart examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XfPLTQuB9M

waybread

Is there an echo in here?

Of course Saturn keeps its domicile. But I agree with the OP that the moon is the strongest planet in this particular chart.

JUPITERASC

In a diurnal chart
the Sun is the sect light aka the leader of the sect
Jupiter and Saturn are planets of the Dirunal Sect.

If Saturn is above the horizon Diurnally - Saturn is happy :smile:
BUT
If Saturn is below the horizon in the diurnal chart
Saturn is still of the diurnal sect
— still of the sect in favour
— but is not going to be as happy
as when Saturn is above horizon in diurnal chart

OP posted a NOCTURNAL chart
clearly Saturn is unhappy
MOOn obviously is sect leader

not

Hello! Thank you both for your replies. My email wasn't alerting me of responses after the first one :)

Thank you for your feedback!! I just went through my exact Saturn return in February, where I received an unfortunate call from my now ex-boyfriend (of 6 years) that he cheated on me while out of town.

It was not malicious nor was it some random person, but rather a very long time friend who helped him through the death of his parents 8 years ago-- when Venus last went Rx in Capricorn ;)

I feel very alone and find myself actively seeking male energy... I expect Saturn in Aqua will delay movement in my love life. I accept! Career is picking up steam fast in the meantime.

I'm the boss of his sister which makes things more complicated. I see that manifesting in my 3rd house Jupiter placement. Things are not rocky between us but what has happened looms in the background.

I now understand why some believe you can't fully read your own chart until your Saturn Return. All my time studying traditional astrology over the last 2 years is beginning to pay off.

I've got tickets to NORWAC in May, and hope to find some real life astro-nerds like me :)

Again, thank you both for your help.