Pitfalls in Composite: What red flags do you see?

heretolearn

Hi All. I'm attaching a composite chart in the hopes of getting your opinion on the more challenging aspects that are shown.

I realize that consideration of the natals is important, but I can only post one of them.

In this composite, the Sun/Mercury/Venus conjunction is a positive indicator, but aspects to the Moon are not; the Moon shows only harsh aspects, with squares to both Saturn and Pluto. There are no aspects from the other personal planets to the Moon. I am interpreting this as an emotional distance that is never bridged. The Moon is sextile Uranus and trine Chiron.

Any takers?

Attachments

• cropcomp.jpg
    cropcomp.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 60

kimbermoon

Despite the challenges for both parties, it appears that the good outweighs the Lunar difficulties in a general sense; so yes it is on the emotional level that misunderstandings and disconnects might be noted. One primary feature of the generalized potential conflicts shows a theme relating to contradiction and paradox, pitting domestic stability vs Career issues. Too much emphasis on the one can intervene in the stability of the other. Which is of most significant to both parties? Is this a professional couple [emphasis above the horizon] or are they geared towards the raising of a family?
Thus we must factor in these features;
Moon-Aquarius/10th H ruling the Nadir:
aspects: square Saturn, Pluto

The Moon=the past and parental conditioning in childhood; more specifically it reflects one's emotional reactivity and how that plays into the actions between the two and in the outer world.
Aquarius=independence, individuality, uniqueness and freedom; both parties are involved in
promoting their individual autonomy, rather than the commitments and obligations of being a 'pair' that works for the mutual benefit of both.
Afflicted Aquarius can end up in mental jousts and conflicts, as they tend to connect mostly on the mental level; in turn it can trigger rebellious tendencies and unpredictability; disagreement ,and
the potential for sudden shifts in the relationship often ending up in separation and disconnection.
Friction and tension is apt to arise, as a result of competition, rather than co-operation. Traditional terms of marriage are often put aside for the sake of a more liberal approach to relationships;
With Saturn and Pluto in the 7th H this could be a highly troubled relationship, unless both are
emotionally mature and self-aware.
Saturn= limitation, strife, postponements , insecurity; much depends on how they have been programmed and conditioned by their family dynamics and past memories.
Pluto= high drama and critical psychological blockages. It is also about the evolution of the Soul, often involving issues of power, dominance and control. This combination in the 7th can make for a lot of volatility, and could represent the need for purging through transformation and regeneration, as well as being self-aware enough to note their own personal trigger zones.
It can also relate to spiritual differences being carried over from their karmic past, which are needing to be discharged at the level of the psyche.
For this couple, the theme of emotional balancing is obvious, which can be gained through the many positives in the chart. And yes, it is more helpful to also study the individual natal charts to really get to the heart of the matter

heretolearn

Despite the challenges for both parties, it appears that the good outweighs the Lunar difficulties in a general sense; so yes it is on the emotional level that misunderstandings and disconnects might be noted. One primary feature of the generalized potential conflicts shows a theme relating to contradiction and paradox, pitting domestic stability vs Career issues. Too much emphasis on the one can intervene in the stability of the other. Which is of most significant to both parties?
That's a good question. Both presently dedicate a lot of time/energy to our respective careers. I see that as probably the ultimate issue. I don't really see either of us giving up career (though perhaps I should consider it, with N.Node in Cancer/4th). The natal I can post is mine, which I'm attaching.
Is this a professional couple [emphasis above the horizon] or are they geared towards the raising of a family?
Thus we must factor in these features;
Moon-Aquarius/10th H ruling the Nadir:
aspects: square Saturn, Pluto
We do not work together. We don't live in the same city and are at an impasse as a result. "Raising of a family" has been brought up, but not by me. The other party is an only child so having a family is important, but I didn't have what I consider to be an ideal upbringing so there is always hesitation for me on this subject.
I think you'll see some "reinforcement" of sorts of the "concerns" in the composite reflected in my natal. I suppose that doesn't really help things, does it? I guess that was a rhetorical question.

Thanks very much for your analysis, kimbermoon. I'd post the second natal and synastry, but I'm not at liberty to do so.

Attachments

• plac.jpg
    plac.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 28

kimbermoon

In your own chart we find a very challenging t-square crossing the 'axis of relationships' and right away that shows difficulties pertaining to marriage.
First there is the oppositional aspect between Moon and Saturn/Pluto; both then are square to the Sun. The 7th H is ruled by Mercury also afflicting the Moon so there is apt to be a disconnect
because of communicational difficulties or differences on the mental level. This can suggest that balance is necessary between the mind and your emotional reactivity. It can generate debate and argument with a partner; the question is whether your emotions control the mind, or the mind is in appropriate control of the emotions.
The conjunction of Saturn and Pluto in the 7th is suggestive of a strong potential for a karmic relationship, meant to discharge such karmic debts. It is also consistent with issues of power and authority, in relation to the 8th and 12th Houses. This particular aspect is more complex since both are in different signs between Libra and Scorpio. You hint at a troubled childhood, which is reinforced by the opposition with Moon [WE are made up of our past, which follows us into the future]. These internalized patterns then will have an affect on your interactions with others.
The conjunct also squares the Sun=this shows the imprint of the father and how it affects your own sense of autonomy and Identity in the world.
The question is “what is the meaning of this relationship for you” and are you wanting it to continue?
You need to be more specific on what question you are really wanting an answer to.

rahu

Banned
hi
I agree, the moon square to the Saturn/pluto midpoint is a sign of emotional distance that will not change.jupiter is conjunct the south node which implies the relationship had a strong impulse for commitment or marriage.but the Saturn/moon midpoint is conjunct Jupiter and the south node.the emotional isolation will erase the possibility of a serious relationship.
also the mars/Uranus midpoint is conjunct to Neptune which imples he will never give up hid emotional freedom, even though he may be giving signals to the contrary. this implies he is just interested in a physical hookup.
rahu

Claire19

Moon squaring Saturn and Pluto in the 7th of partnerships from the house of status, career, public image and authorities is a heavy influence, no doubt. The Moon is in bad condition and not all conducive to emotional understanding or domestic harmony. There would be issues of control, manipulation and jealousy which need to be overcome. A battle as to who would be the authority or the boss.

Saturn in the 7th often binds people together for a length of time in order to work things out. Not a light hearted connection for sure. this is a relationship where group activities and having friends around a lot would benefit it and giving each other freedom and space. Working on joint projects with the same aims and hopes for the future. You may consider being involved with third world countries, adoption and fostering. This relationship does best with not having a formalised marriage perhaps which can feel oppressive and suffocating.

Last edited: