Astrological Statistics & Data in the Zodiac

dewitback

Astrological Statistics & Data in the Zodiac

Is there such thing as "the most romantic/stressed/real" zodiac sign, or a sign that people are born into that are more interested in science, politics and art?

Is there any solid evidence in statistics that show people born in a particular zodiac sign would be more likely to be in an art career, or be in business? Any connections being in a certain house or born under a certain planet and the statistics relating to workforce, money problems, or even deaths?

Perhaps certain zodiac signs are more common to be best friends?

Just curious and would love to see your opinions, and or evidence, and or any links you want to post.

-Joel

Last edited:

dr. farr

I have not kept up to date in this statistical area, but I do know that the London School under Charles Carter (prior to the late 1960's) did a good deal of statistical research; much of the material contained in Carter's "Astrology of Accidents", and in his "Encyclopedia of Psychological Astrology", is based on statistical findings; in modern European astrology-particularly the branch known as Cosmobiologie-a substantial amount of statistical work has continued to be carried out, most of this published in German; I have also heard that modern French and Dutch schools of astrological practice, have been active in this area as well.

(Although not strictly dealing with statistical work, a research book which might be of interest is T. Landscheidt's
"Sun, Earth and Man", available from astro-america.com)

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

I created a thread here, long ago, which linked to a site which had gathered statistics regarding the Sun signs which are most prone to certain medical conditions. I am uncertain how one could determine the most "romantic" or the most "real" zodiac sign, however.

Arian Maverick

RockFish

Hi Joel, there's a very famous (and controversial) research made by Michel Gauquelin and his wife. He analysed thousands of charts of people in sports and other areas and came up with the "Mars Effect"; there was a high number of charts of successful sports people with Mars in certain areas, like right above the ascendant and right past the Midheaven, in the 9th house.

Google Gauquelin and Mars Effect, it's a very interesting topic. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_effect

dewitback

Thanks Rockfish. The link you sent me is the type of thing I was looking for. If thee is anything else please don' hesitate to share!

The Mars effect seems very interesting, and I am curious to know if it would be the same with other planets and thier effects. Like a Neptune effect or Venus effect.

RockFish

Hi dewit,

The Gauquelins did research other planets and luminaries, and it seems that they pinpointed a concentration of Saturn, Jupiter and Moon for some professions (if I recall correctly, Mercury and Venus were tested as well, but they didn't find any specific concentration to them). His criteria was prominence in a certain field, not activity in a certain field. For instance, if you get a sample of sports people, champions and non-champions, it seems there will be no Mars effect, but if you only study champions (not sure if national champions or international champions, I didn't get that far in the study :tongue:), then there's a better chance of pinpointing a Mars effect.

http://www.valentino-salvato.com/Astrology/articles/gauquelin_controversy.htm

Excerpt:
Mars with athletes, Saturn with scientists, the Moon with writers, and Jupiter with actors and politicians. These findings only applied to eminent professionals and were not present in the charts of average professionals.
There is some criticism to his research, some say the Gauquelins were biased, etc etc, it's a looong discussion. Nonetheless, it does not invalidate all their work, since it seems the Mars effect was indeed replicated by other groups of researchers. This is an interesting discussion by people versed in statistical research (the last paragraph, by York H. Dobyns is particularly interesting to me):

http://www.skepticfiles.org/skeptic/marsef07.htm

BTW, can you read spanish?

RockFish

I recall a website I read a copuple of years ago where one could find graphics to the Jupiter, Saturn and Moon concentrations, apart from the ubiquitous Mars' graphic, this one:

gauquelin_01.gif

I can find the Mars' one everywhere I look, but can't find the other ones. I know they exist somewhere. :)